Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

:( so sad, was stealthed in SoR Hills waiting to res our Mesmer, then lighting stroke me 4times and revealed me

You finally found the other side of the Karma bus. VRRRrrroOOOOMTHWACK!

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: arpodz.5196

arpodz.5196

:( so sad, was stealthed in SoR Hills waiting to res our Mesmer, then lighting stroke me 4times and revealed me

You know just a few days ago there was a guy on map chat telling us we were wasting our time bribing the quaggans. Several people spoke up with reasons why it’s worth the time but I never would have thought of the possibility that lighting would strike a thief hiding in our keep and reveal him. Wow.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

And now for something completely different…

The Lonely Island = GW2 WvW Community
Michael Bolton = TC Community
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY
(language NSFW)

I am cheering in my chair. lol.

Dont worry guys, wvw is about to die, because they are coming out with quaggan backpacks.. everyone will be too busy modeling them for each other and wont be able to kill each other. I can see it now.. gets a far away look with a twinkle in the eye oh the beauty.. the majesty… swoons

Yes. I am ready for this limited edition backpack!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Simple fact. When things got rough for SoR, we didn’t bail en mass. We learned to respect each other, especially a solid core of our commanders, and we learned a lot about the strengths and weaknesses of our various guilds and how to turn that to our advantage. There are legitimate questions and concerns about the character of the guilds that have joined us en mass, how they will fit in with our style of play, and especially will they stick it out when the going gets rough. In a nutshell, if they want our respect they are going to have to earn it.

I’ve remained unusually silent this week as I am aware of the feelings and emotions running high from each of the servers and as I respect all 3, I didn’t want to cause any undue heartache. However this post rubs me wrong in every way possible, and I feel the need to address it.
Let me start out by saying that the decision to leave SBI was NOT an easy decision for ANY guild involved. We had meetings after meetings, and discussed matters round the clock, and literally exhausted every possible scenario before coming to the conclusion of what was best for each of us and our respective guilds. The name of this game is Guild Wars 2, not server wars, and it was either transition to a new server, and keep our guilds active, or stay ‘loyal’ and lose the entire guild to attrition and burnout. Stormbluff Isle was an amazing server full of amazing people, and during our prime, we were unmatched by few. Since the decision of many well known guilds to leave SBI was universally shocking, and tantamount to the shot heard round the world, I understand the mixed feelings by many, but to say that SBI players are en mass bailers, and are going to have to work double time to earn respect from one player because we were recruited to bolster a community that we all agreed was amazing, and would enjoy playing for tremendously. I will not apologize for this, nor will any guild that transferred to another server to better themselves, or that server. Neither will I stand by and be put on trial because you are unhappy new players came to your server. We have been welcomed by the biggest and best guilds SOR has to offer, and have enjoyed ourselves getting to know your players, and playstyles, and can honestly say we have been revitalized by the friendly and helpful atmosphere shown to us so far. I understand that your bitter opinion and standoffishness does not convey the feelings of the entire server, but the continued digs at those of us that worked our collective kittens off day in and day out are uncalled for and breed a divide on us vs them mentality. SOR is a community, and we are part of it. The sooner you accept that , the sooner we can move forward to making this a place that welcomes anyone, no matter where they came from, and an unstoppable force in WVW. Please, for the sake of the community, stop treating those people that made the hardest decision of their ingame lives, as if we are second class citizens. Just because we were soldiers in another country doesn’t make us better or worse than your soldiers.

My two cents.

CG

I am especially enthusiastic about the new guilds here on SOR because one of the players i’ve seen also has a bear helmet. You can’t have too many bear helmets on one server imo.

Mine has been super lonely and couldn’t bear it anymore.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

According to your own players, you guys have so much internal strife and conflict about remaining competitive.

Nah. We are role players. We may yell louder than others and post more and shout and scream.

But in the end, someone yells ‘Cookies are better than Pie’ and we all agree that cookies are indeed better than pie and then we sit around the camp fire together and forget what all the other fuss was about, munching on our imaginary cookiesh.

We’re role players. It’s what we do.

Sure, one single guild left TC in the free tranfer period. It’s a pity to see them go, but it’s to be expected that some people tranfer at the end of the free tranfer period.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I never would have thought of the possibility that lighting would strike a thief hiding in our keep and reveal him. Wow.

Her. It was a her.

But, yes, Quaggans strike at enemies if there are any in range. Enemy siege or enemy players. I like flipping quaggans, it’s just a pity that when you take a node for your server, another server can IMMEDIATLY take it out. There should be some sort of Quaggand defender with a buff or so, like a camp.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Really depends on what type of insults, you’re referring to actually. Mind telling us what got you riled up? Havent really seen anyone in our server insulting the people whp transferred.

(edited by Shrouded.6450)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

TC EB group keeps running away from us in open field combat – SoR

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: loopi.7913

loopi.7913

All malice aside.

SOR congrats on your new teammates! I hope they find a good home in your server and you guys kick some kitten in T1 when you get there. Sometimes you have to do what is right for your guild and playable time. I think everyone respects that if not likes it. You have been fun to fight against!

I really wished tier 2 was the original TC-SBI-SOR matchup because I think we all would have had a good even brawl. Although the black gate guys were a fun fight, I don’t look forward to reclaiming our territory daily. Hopefully some new guilds to our server will end those shenanigans.

SBI I haven’t honestly seen alot of complaining here from you. SOR and TC both know what it’s like to lose to higher pop servers. It sucks. But then you get to see who your Diehard players are and honestly it doesn’t matter what tier your in, if you are enjoying a fairly evenmatched brawl. This might put you in a tier you enjoy being in. I was cheering you on today, you had sm! Also for ignoring speldan, running to killing the champ oak heart – I was confused by your tactics, but applauded you because it looked like you were having fun. Then you killed me and I lol’d. I’m sure you will be back in tier 2 soon enough.

TC meh we are TC, we don’t change much. I like that about us. We keep our sense of humor and never stop fighting. It would be weird if we did.

Now, not that it matters but I’m bored, scores please!

Vexinia – Squishee animal wrangler of TC

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Really depends on what type of insults, you’re referring to actually. Mind telling us what got you riled up? Havent really seen anyone in our server insulting the people whp transferred.

We also haven’t left to join the winning server.

This.
And I responded in kind.
Someone took offense to my response.
Understandable….It was a retort with the same malicious intent.

Did either of them need to be said..
Nope..
Not at all..

But meh, it happened.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

TC EB group keeps running away from us in open field combat – SoR

we are just out practicing our best Logan impersonations

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

That’s an efficient strat at SoR’s Hills to save supplies >.> Auto attacking the gate with 30+ people

Well after you guys mortared my superior catapults 3 times, I stopped dropping them

Why’d you release? Your corpse made such a great pillow.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Elthuzar.9478

Elthuzar.9478

Here’s a Score Update from Elthuzar where I caught crabs in Bloodtide Coast.

Attachments:

The Painted Norn of [WILD]We Intercept Lost Dolyaks

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: broxigar.8754

broxigar.8754

All malice aside.

SOR congrats on your new teammates! I hope they find a good home in your server and you guys kick some kitten in T1 when you get there. Sometimes you have to do what is right for your guild and playable time. I think everyone respects that if not likes it. You have been fun to fight against!

I really wished tier 2 was the original TC-SBI-SOR matchup because I think we all would have had a good even brawl. Although the black gate guys were a fun fight, I don’t look forward to reclaiming our territory daily. Hopefully some new guilds to our server will end those shenanigans.

SBI I haven’t honestly seen alot of complaining here from you. SOR and TC both know what it’s like to lose to higher pop servers. It sucks. But then you get to see who your Diehard players are and honestly it doesn’t matter what tier your in, if you are enjoying a fairly evenmatched brawl. This might put you in a tier you enjoy being in. I was cheering you on today, you had sm! Also for ignoring speldan, running to killing the champ oak heart – I was confused by your tactics, but applauded you because it looked like you were having fun. Then you killed me and I lol’d. I’m sure you will be back in tier 2 soon enough.

TC meh we are TC, we don’t change much. I like that about us. We keep our sense of humor and never stop fighting. It would be weird if we did.

like this.. +1

Jade Quarry | B R O X – Guardian

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: broxigar.8754

broxigar.8754

A quote for my SBI comrades:

“Even in the darkest hour when all hope seems lost we shall rise again from the ashes. For we are strong.”

Jade Quarry | B R O X – Guardian

(edited by broxigar.8754)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

That’s an efficient strat at SoR’s Hills to save supplies >.> Auto attacking the gate with 30+ people

Well after you guys mortared my superior catapults 3 times, I stopped dropping them

Those were just love taps. You’ve got the wrong idea!

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

We decided that we didn’t want to use boulders in the catas anymore and have started throwing bodies at doors. Norns seem to be a great substitute and make a nice deep thud sound when they hit.

Its a trap

They climbin in yo windows..

Snatchin yo keep lords up..

..I havent made up the rest yet <_<…

hide yo guards

hide yo yaks

hide yo quaggans

they zergin’ ev’rybody out here

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

On the flip I kind of want them to get their wish so I can see the new excuses and angry rants from them about how they need SOR back.

Ahh. Covergirl is back!

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: omgonoes.5368

omgonoes.5368

Score update brought to you by my alt, Hulked On You!

Attachments:

Effessyou [Choo] – Necromancer

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I am not trolling or being mean by saying this, but I don’t think TC is ultimately going to have to worry about SoR or BG in T2. Judging by the two lower tier servers that got an influx of players both NA and oceanic, I am willing to bet they will be the ones in T2 when this shakes out instead of TC. This, however, will be a good thing for TC because they wont face coverage problems as severely and will have more fun in the long run.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Stanley.3295

Stanley.3295

In the time TC was at full status since the guesting announcement. Fort Aspenwood, Dragonbrand and Maguuma rose from very high pop to full… Kaineng from high to very high. That’s a lot of movement just below tier 2. Expect a big shakeup in the coming weeks.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

You didn’t see the posts before the moderators deleted them then.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Bavragor.1043

Bavragor.1043

I know this has been said before but thank you to TC and SBI that come out to fight on a regular basis and in particular [PINK] who really do great work and we love to fight.

Bavragor, Sanctum of Rall
Leader of [FEAR] www.feargw2.com
Recruitment status – Open

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: joocheese.6314

joocheese.6314

This post is not a “mind your own business” post, its more of “we understand your pain, we really do; time to pick yourself up, dust yourselves off and just keep fighting the good fight” (and partially a venting post to all the qq’ing going on).

The question is not why people came to SoR, the question is why they did not go to TC and/or SBI. I don’t want to start anything and I mean no disrespect to the awesome members of TC and SBI, but for the love of the six gods… instead of attacking the guilds, that for multiple reasons, decided to join us in SoR, you should examine your own servers.

The argument of SoR going to Tier 1 only goes so far; look at Maguuma, Kaineng and Fort Aspenwood. I guess I’ve just grown tired of hearing complain after complain. We’ve all been there and we’ve all seen it, especially those of us who started in SoR since launch.

All of this has happened to SoR in the past and it could very well (probably will) happen again and again and yet again. GW1 is well over 7 years old and still running; GW2 is only a couple of months old… we’ve got plenty of time ahead of us.

Everyone just needs to calm down, relax, kill some invaders, throw some yaks in there as well, and just enjoy and have fun playing GW2. If you find yourself not having fun, figure out why and do something about it.

Moderators should not be having to babysit us. SOR, TC and SBI, we’ve been able to keep it clean in the past, I’m sure we can keep it that way.

Cheers!

Sammandar – Elementalist
Pain Train Choo [Choo] – 1st Class
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

joocheese.6314

I know this has been said before but thank you to TC and SBI that come out to fight on a regular basis and in particular [PINK] who really do great work and we love to fight.

Agreed. I only have words of praise for the awesome members of [PINK]. Every time I see your tag I say to myself “dang it! not them!”. Always had great battles when you guys we’re participating.

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

wednesday and thursday night will be an Alt day! bring your alts and have some fun! Be careful not to take any towers!

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

According to your own players, you guys have so much internal strife and conflict about remaining competitive. You’ve had 1 guild just up and leave with countless other original TC players. You have half your player base wanting an organized alliance, the other half wanting to keep TC true to its colors. Your biggest WvW guilds which are carrying your server are getting so much heat they are even thinking of transferring to other servers.

You seem to have a lot of opinions about the state of SoR and the mindset of its players peppered through all your posts in this thread. You should really worry about your own house before you try and help others.

Thank you for your kind consideration and sincere intentions in helping us though. It’s good to know there are opponents that are truly selfless and kind, really looking out for our community.

It’s clear you dont know much about TC. And i get the reverse of that may also be true which is that I dont know much about SOR.

I know these things:

1. TC is an excellent server, great pvp, full nearly all the time, and excellent sportsmanship. We fought are way to T2 and here we remain.

2. A bunch of guilds in our T2 match jumped from the then third place position (sbi) to the then first place position (sor).

3. TC remains in position 2. While (some on) SOR with its sudden massive influx of ….. well different people call it different things…… i will use the word “additions” feels entirely ok with using a patronizing tone to insure us that this massive influx to their server and their plan to intentionally stay in t2 for a few more weeks to work the kinks
out is a good thing for everybody involved.

I for one am ready to see you go.

I only speak for me.
…. and I would rather be fighting BG tooth and nail as they fight their way back into T1 than house sitting with SOR as it eats grapes and drinks wine while running tactics in what now is a completely lopsided T2. (see point 2).

This is a game but being a “good sport” is a universal concept.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

joocheese.6314

All malice aside.

like this.. +1

Great post… it truly has been a lot of fun fighting you guys day and night; TC and SBI I hope the very best for you guys and if we are to go to Tier 1 next week, I hope to see you guys again in the battlefield sometime!

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Mohmohchan.4120

According to your own players, you guys have so much internal strife and conflict about remaining competitive. You’ve had 1 guild just up and leave with countless other original TC players. You have half your player base wanting an organized alliance, the other half wanting to keep TC true to its colors. Your biggest WvW guilds which are carrying your server are getting so much heat they are even thinking of transferring to other servers.

You seem to have a lot of opinions about the state of SoR and the mindset of its players peppered through all your posts in this thread. You should really worry about your own house before you try and help others.

Thank you for your kind consideration and sincere intentions in helping us though. It’s good to know there are opponents that are truly selfless and kind, really looking out for our community.

It’s clear you dont know much about TC. And i get the reverse of that may also be true which is that I dont know much about SOR.

I know these things:

1. TC is an excellent server, great pvp, full nearly all the time, and excellent sportsmanship. We fought are way to T2 and here we remain.

2. A bunch of guilds in our T2 match jumped from the then third place position (sbi) to the then first place position (sor).

3. TC remains in position 2. While (some on) SOR with its sudden massive influx of ….. well different people call it different things…… i will use the word “additions” feels entirely ok with using a patronizing tone to insure us that this massive influx to their server and their plan to intentionally stay in t2 for a few more weeks to work the kinks
out is a good thing for everybody involved.

I for one am ready to see you go.

I only speak for me.
…. and I would rather be fighting BG tooth and nail as they fight their way back into T1 than house sitting with SOR as it eats grapes and drinks wine while running tactics in what now is a completely lopsided T2. (see point 2).

This is a game but being a “good sport” is a universal concept.

Uhm not gonna happen soon, sorry. We’re here to rebuild the new community and get to know each other. You’ll see us in the next 2 to 3 weeks hopefully unless BG kicks us out

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Uhm not gonna happen soon, sorry. We’re here to rebuild the new community and get to know each other. You’ll see us in the next 2 to 3 weeks hopefully unless BG kicks us out

So as long as you guys are having a good time …. nothing else matters?
Honest but …….. … .

PINK is the new Black

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

joocheese.6314

Agreed. In my opinion I think that is what sets us apart from many other servers; we care more about community and having fun together than which tier we’re in. Of course we are competitive, we want to win and eventually we want to be able to say we are the number one server in GW2. However, all that comes after we build a solid community of friends and family playing and having fun together.

That, among a few other things, is what brought me to SoR at launch. The day SoR no longer embodies those things is the day I start looking for a different server.

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

To all those that are in such a hurry to get SoR out of T2. You do realize that just means you get to deal with BG instead right? It won’t be any better.

You realize that you’re larger than BG is now, right? I’m going to keep posting this whenever you guys bring up the BG thing because it’s the truth.

We want BG because BG is more comparable to our size. This makes for a more competitive and interesting match-up.

Wake up.

I don’t think TC realizes that BG picked up 3+ guilds from SBI and that or more from IOJ. they have also been learning some nasty tricks from SOS/JQ in T-1. While some TC players are crying to get SOR out, I sincerely don’t think they want the new and improved BG back. On the flip I kind of want them to get their wish so I can see the new excuses and angry rants from them about how they need SOR back.

Uhhh what do you know that we don’t know? I know of one IoJ guild, and none from SBI.

COV and SBI guilds from SBI went to BG as well as a handfull of others from various guilds. We also lost a few MORD to BG during the transition. Most of the mentioned guilds/players have renamed their guilds or assimilated into established BG guilds.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Mohmohchan.4120

good times / fun > politics . T1 will come when we are ready for it.
nodrama.org

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

I only speak for me.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

The only difference with BG in this tier will be forum trolls telling you how much you suck because of the PTT.

People seem to think we are the only server that got transfers and that BG is the same BG of 3 weeks ago. The top 4 servers and some lower tier servers all got big numbers of transfers. BG is putting up a solid fight against both JQ and SoS that both had more coverage before the shake up then we do now.
Hell SoS used to be known as a power house with tons of coverage before this shakeup and they have even more guilds now but are not blowing away BG.

BG stomped us all in points their last week in T2 and they had to fight 2 strong servers. They’ve since gained more players. Do we have equal numbers or more then BG now? Perhaps. Does TC have anywhere near the numbers to compete with either server? No. It will be just as bad of a blow out with BG in this tier.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

No. It will be just as bad of a blow out with BG in this tier.

THAT’s my point. No one noticed the BG boost they picked up in the past few weeks apparently. When the switch DOES happen, which server would you rather fight? SOR, who is for the most part gracious polite and understanding of the situation, or BG who will roll into T-2 with vengeance and looking to hurt someone, with the attitude of a T-1 server. Your forums will once again be locked and heavily modded and you will be constantly hammered with the best BG has to offer. I’m a bit worried of the new and improved BG and their capabilities..

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

This thread has turned into troll bait.
I haven’t spent much time in wvw cuz I knew the increased numbers on SoR and decreased numbers on SBI would create a serious lopsided fight.
One thing that happens when SoR or most servers are winning is their non-wvw population starts hopping into WvW and chest pumping. When we were fighting BG before we couldn’t get q’s on reset night now we have them on 2 or 3 borderlands everynight for a short time and EB a lot longer.
When we get to tier 1 and get a tougher fight, I’m sure our q’s will die back down quite a bit from all the win riders going back to farm fractals or whatever else the pve kids do when we fight tougher opponents.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

dirtyoldgoat.5496

^ +1

Playing pvp for pvp, advancement and most of all for fun > languishing on easy mode for a few weeks.

good times / fun > politics . T1 will come when we are ready for it.
nodrama.org

Unless of course you are avoiding it…. in which case it will come when you stop avoiding it.

PINK is the new Black

(edited by dirtyoldgoat.5496)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

I’m from SoS and decided to log into SBI on my frnds char… loving watching 5 people go from fort to fort with 1 golem from SoR capping all of EB so cute, Tier 2.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I’m from SoS and decided to log into SBI on my frnds char… loving watching 5 people go from fort to fort with 1 golem from SoR capping all of EB so cute, Tier 2.

We have a blackout atm and SBI is depleted =( Sorry we aren’t part of huge servers with 24/7 coverage, I guess? What is the point of your post?

I’ll agree that SoR are being very gracious winners, though. Maybe because most of them aren’t even playing, but compared to the other tiers with lopsided matchups this thread is doing great.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Elshanna.3709

Elshanna.3709

So as long as you guys are having a good time …. nothing else matters?
Honest but …….. … .

Because you can never make everyone happy, and since this is a game, you try to do what you enjoy and hope that it works for others as well. There is nothing malicious meant by us taking time to rest and to get to know each other. Many of us are just taking breaks, doing things such as .. sleeping at night! :P

I personally quite enjoy fighting with TC, most especially PiNK – whether it be getting smooshed or being the smooshee, and I will miss that when it ends. I fully enjoyed the initial matchup’s fights with SBI, a very skilled and talented bunch, and even with fielding less people, still bring the fight!

And I really am looking forward to getting to work with all our new defenders!!
Welcome to SoR!
Bring on the coffeeeeeee!!!! :P

Elshie human elementalist
Sanctum of Rall – Hel
Team Plush Griffon

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: moolie.5927

moolie.5927

Indo, push harder. JQ wants to fight TW.

Just another careless bird.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Kranky.8231

Kranky.8231

“Friends account?”

Are you sure that’s not actually your account you use to map watch on when SBI were in your tier?

Tarnished Coast

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

It’s not always about us.

SoR wants time to prepare their server cohesion before going to T1. That’s the starting point, not “let’s stay in T2 to roll people forever”. It sucks for the rest of us, but as everyone knows if BG came down it’ll probably suck just as hard. So there’s really no point griefing over how SoR are taking this week’s matchup because ultimately it doesn’t affect anything other than their own server.

Time in this thread should be spent on productive things, like Dolyak parades. And eye candy score updates.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Also, just a game mechanics question with regards to this match:

Why isn’t SBI tanking the match this week? I wasn’t online last night so I didn’t get to ask.

And…if TC concentrated on SBI constantly to drive our points down wouldn’t that make it easier for the next Tier 3 opponent to advance to Tier 2 at the next reset? How close are the ratings at this point?

Knowing that SoR is counting on coasting to an easy victory again next week it’s kind of odd that there’s been no effort put forth in response.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Why isn’t SBI tanking the match this week? I wasn’t online last night so I didn’t get to ask.

And…if TC concentrated on SBI constantly to drive our points down wouldn’t that make it easier for the next Tier 3 opponent to advance to Tier 2 at the next reset? How close are the ratings at this point?

Knowing that SoR is counting on coasting to an easy victory again next week it’s kind of odd that there’s been no effort put forth in response.

+ 1

SOR is def counting on coasting on easy mode for at least the next two weeks. Their words not mine (and i think it is weaksauce) but write to say we neednt simply play along with what they want.

What do we want? And lets make that happen.

PINK is the new Black

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

dirtyoldgoat.5496

well in reality it is basically same thing just different wording.

BG “hey guys look at the score you guys suck”

SOR “hey guys we are beating you so bad we are not even going to try the rest the week, but hey we really feel for you

these are just 2 different ways of saying the same thing. i have to agree with Dirtyold goat, I would rather put up with chest thumping than be patronized.

Good point, can’t say I disagree

You are not disagreeing because you are acting on your own irrationality. If you cared about being correct then you would have looked at this thread in a manner that disregards your emotional state.

Multiple times, SoR members stated that SoR winning by this margin was due to our timezone coverage being bolstered due to new guilds joining. Many even apologized for the lopsidedness that this caused because it would mean that this tier would have less balanced fights. After this, many decided that they would play on alts or not play as much in order to offset the larger amount of players that SoR had.

But if you guys want to compare actual empathy towards SBI and TC with being spat on and called weak for being beaten up by a gang, then it is your choice to do so.

you miss the obvious

PINK is the new Black

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

It’s like i explained to a guildie of mine. You build your server like you build a marriage. You start from the ground up…if you rush into things too soon its bound to fail

The divorce rate in america is so high because people rush into it too fast, face hard times, and eventually grow apart.

the same thing goes for wvw, if you rush into a major challenge too fast and possibly face hard times it could very well hurt the community. You treat it with respect, care, love, perserverance, trust, and friendship like anybody whos happily married knows. You build it from the ground up, make the foundation strong and it will last forever. That is what we are doing.

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

joocheese.6314

+ 1

SOR is def counting on coasting on easy mode for at least the next two weeks. Their words not mine (and i think it is weaksauce) but write to say we neednt simply play along with what they want.

What do we want? And lets make that happen.

Not so much that we’re expecting an easy ride for the sake of laziness or self glorification. We’re currently working on building up alts, developing guild cohesion and teamwork, and continuing to build on the community that we have. We’re very busy, just not necessarily in the manner you would expect

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

dirtyoldgoat.5496

It’s like i explained to a guildie of mine. You build your server like you build a marriage. You start from the ground up…if you rush into things too soon its bound to fail

The divorce rate in america is so high because people rush into it too fast, face hard times, and eventually grow apart.

the same thing goes for wvw, if you rush into a major challenge too fast and possibly face hard times it could very well hurt the community. You treat it with respect, care, love, perserverance, trust, and friendship like anybody whos happily married knows. You build it from the ground up, make the foundation strong and it will last forever. That is what we are doing.

Which community? SOR or the Tier 2 server wide community?

Just so we are sure who and what we are talking about.

(and i cant QUIT YOU!!! …but would love for you to move on to “greener pastures”)

PINK is the new Black

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

Which community? SOR or the Tier 2 server wide community?

Just so we are sure who and what we are talking about.

(and i cant QUIT YOU!!! …but would love for you to move on to “greener pastures”)

I said server, so i was refering to sor, a server is a relationship, 1 massive , and the better and healthier it is, the longer itll last if not forever.

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com