Jan 25 - Feb 1 2013 | SoS & JQ & BG

in WvW

Posted by: Joker.8064

Joker.8064

Lets keep this one on track and not locked for the remainder of the week =)

[Pro] Joker
Founder of The Provoked
http://www.theprovoked.com

in WvW

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

What’s the point? SoS isn’t even fighting anyway.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I think the mass transfers has tipped the balance and destroyed the morale of SoS this week. It really is a game changer.

But that’s just for this week. SoS hasn’t given up as a server yet. Because Oceanics never die and will never abandon/band wagon to other servers like some.

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Yesterday during NA prime, Blackgate camped/dominated SoS border land. As one of JQ’s commanders we actively tried to push BG off of SoS BL but could not.

SoS had equal if not more #’s than BG whom was holding SoS garrison and the majority of the map except for Bay.

This was not a result of any transfers. This was a result of BG doing very well in a map, while beating SoS, and holding off JQ.

Taking a beating is usually bad for morale. JQ has been in T1 for many weeks (18? 17?) and this will (if we win) be only our 3rd win ever. SoS will recover I’m sure, and you’ll face your best friends from JQ many more times in WvW during Gw2 =)

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

Thank god.

That last thread went from funny to sad very fast.

Im sure nothing like that will happen again…………………….

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

I’m surprised it got locked compared to the seething vitriol of SoR & TC, ‘the hate is strong here’ thread, that’s some funny stuff happening in that one

Score update anyone?

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Gamers are just gamers, they go where they or their guilds perceive the fun to be, that is all. They are not evil, just people trying to enjoy their online time.

Those of us who always turn out for our servers will likely be there tonight and we will try to give you some good fights!

See you on the battlefields. Score updates appreciated while at work…

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Whether a server is stacked or not, I would have wanted to see more even scores this week.

Nonetheless, Blackgate fights on.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

Let’s play nice guys. Keep your morale by focusing on the task at hand and maintain your happiness by playing well on the maps you can field. If we don’t have the coverage to put up +300, you can be rest assured we’ll be sending you a repair bill in the maps that we can cover. If anything, losing points makes you fight harder to get them back and more. It’s all a mindset; one must embrace resiliency.

SoS BL was great last night. I had to log for a while in the middle of that Garrison brawl, but it was epic while I was there.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in WvW

Thresher.3049

I wonder if Anet even realises that their community here spends the majority of their time in-game with the only the single minded purpose of hacking and blowing each other up to the point one or the other of us is writhing around on the ground, then ramming a 6ft sharp pole through through a wounded persons face to make them stop twitching.
Downtime for a wvw player involves launching flaming balls of burnination into some asset that each other probably spent some personal/guild bank, in-game gold on making it shiny.

Its not really the same mindset as spvp, we have a lot of personal pride investment based around dumping wholesale violence on one another all day, all the time… sometimes people get a little ‘cranky’

KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

It seems to me the morale is broken on the militia in SoS, at least int he times and zones I play on, it’s almost amusing watching 30 prx stack and veil against 5 sos pugs

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Score update, 8:20 pm EST

Attachments:

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: CrAzY.3275

CrAzY.3275

Anet patch says no garrison for you sos =P

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

Well, BG I hope you get enough points to stay in for the next match. BG, SoR, JQ sounds like fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

It seems to me the morale is broken on the militia in SoS, at least int he times and zones I play on, it’s almost amusing watching 30 prx stack and veil against 5 sos pugs

It seems to me that almost everyone has given up…including the supposed “hardcore pvp guilds”.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: Esqi.8496

Esqi.8496

BG are awesome. I hope they stay up.

[TKG] Flake

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

If your server gives up that fast, man.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

WvW-shutdown while capping SM… Anet plays on Blackgate apparently.

in WvW

Minoru.1237

They need to gain 16.495 rating. I think that might be a lot, but I’m hoping it’s possible.

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

WvW-shutdown while capping SM… Anet plays on Blackgate apparently.

thought they were all on SBI, maybe they transferred :p

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I think the mass transfers has tipped the balance and destroyed the morale of SoS this week. It really is a game changer.

But that’s just for this week. SoS hasn’t given up as a server yet. Because Oceanics never die and will never abandon/band wagon to other servers like some.

I guess I bandwagoned to FA – kidding, kidding.

I’m sure you guys will get your morale back and once again put Tier 1 on its’ toes. See, I can be nice.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

zhonnika.1784

They need to gain 16.495 rating. I think that might be a lot, but I’m hoping it’s possible.

It’s possible, if they keep up the way they have been. It’s still only Tuesday.

Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Minoru.1237

It’s silly that they could drop even if they come in second. I’d like to hear what BG players think: Would you guys prefer to stay in T1 to fight SoR or would you rather drop to dominate T2 and thus get back to T1 faster?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Well, BG I hope you get enough points to stay in for the next match. BG, SoR, JQ sounds like fun.

I would love that as well. But arent all servers getting reset next week?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

zhonnika.1784

I would love that as well. But arent all servers getting reset next week?

Friday will be the last set of ‘normal’ matches we have, and the reset on the 8th will be the all brand new matchups. AKA: PvDoor Beatdowns >_>

Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

It’s silly that they could drop even if they come in second. I’d like to hear what BG players think: Would you guys prefer to stay in T1 to fight SoR or would you rather drop to dominate T2 and thus get back to T1 faster?

Tough question. I don’t think you’ll get total agreement one way or another, although most players on BG like smashing faces and getting their faces smashed too much to consider an intentional drop to T2. I’m not certain yet but the same may not be true for SoS.

My take … if anyone on BG is a bit burnt out, this week is a good one to consider a break and relax and recharge a bit. But if you want to go out and bust some skulls this week then all the power to you. I personally wouldn’t mind a head start back towards T1, if it means not having to blow out lower tier servers in boring matches for the next few weeks, but let the cards fall where they may I say. We don’t even know exactly how things will change on Friday other than everyone’s rating being reset. They could announce anything between now and then such as 1 day matches or something.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Mona.4576

Mona.4576

I would just like to say that the JQ community were awesome during my time on the server and I was a little sad to leave.

Thanks also to SoS and BG, you lot gave constant action, so thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Maybe the hardcore guilds in SoS realize its not worth fighting the remainder of the week since they will remain in t1 anyway.

Might as well relax until Friday since all you’re really fighting for here is a rating that will be reset anyway.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Maybe the hardcore guilds in SoS realize its not worth fighting the remainder of the week since they will remain in t1 anyway.

this may be true, there are quite a few regulars that haven’t been seen this week. Who knows what will happen when they reset, it may not be worth fighting until things settle in two weeks.

Right now with limited numbers I know it isn’t fun to try and stop a zerg 3 times bigger than your team. And as someone said earlier the militia’s morale is down. They log on see the outmanned then the size of the enemy zergs and logoff. I can’t blame them, you gain a keep they attack with 5 catapults sounded by 50 guys and you can’t do a thing about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

Extremely obvious that SoS is intentionally losing now with only 75 ppt. I know they are attempting to drop into 4th or 5th so they can dominate the T2 matchup next week before the reset in hopes of a t1 reset standing.

I’m not surprised.

Ele’s Pwn J00!

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Extremely obvious that SoS is intentionally losing now with only 75 ppt. I know they are attempting to drop into 4th or 5th so they can dominate the T2 matchup next week before the reset in hopes of a t1 reset standing.

I’m not surprised.

Not true. There are issues at present. We probably won’t drop to T2, not next week anyways. And if we do we probably will win it, but we aren’t intentionally losing. There are issues that aren’t talked about here in public. I know them, I assume the majority of active SOS WvW players do. Im pretty sure other players from other servers dont, which I think should stay that way.

For those who follow alot of sports, SOS is in a rebuilding phase. Just like seems to happen in every sport. At least all the ones I follow do. You can only win for so long, then you have to field a different line up. The line up is good, but you can’t expect to start winning with a fresh one. It just doesn’t work that way. You need time.

in WvW

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

Well, for all you know, SoS is merely taking a break, having breather.

Even if they intend to lose for strategic purposes, other servers who take offense at it can do the same. It’s a free world

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Score update, picture taken at the bottom of the EB Jumping Puzzle.

Attachments:

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

As a community JQ really liked RG. I hope to see them back fighting with us again at some point.

Also BG, we can’t help you “hold” SoS garrison if you won’t let us make margaritas and trebs in sunny =(

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Props to Carnage from JQ for some good brawls in SoS bl tonight. Unlike most other JQ guilds, you guys actually bring some tactics and skills to the table. Its been fun fighting you tonight.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

elkirin.8534

As I have been saying all week, I have seen BG fight great this week and I personally do not like the idea that they can win second place and drop a tier.

Regardless of numbers there are some great fights going on and these last two weeks have seen a lot more open field fighting, good stuff!

Edit: 695 ppt , nice one JQ! Rats seems millenium site has the score wrong…

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in WvW

Thresher.3049

To be honest, I dunno if the gap could be closed by the end of the week to eclipse SoR’s lead that they’ll probably have. JQ are still out there and kicking it pretty hard all hours of the day (every Aust prime time I login, I’m always out-manned… but never defeated), but TC seem to have chucked in the towel for all intents and purposes so there’s not a lot of resistance to that expanding lead.

I also don’t count SOS out at this point. Was knocking chunks off ‘locust-apocalypse’ sized, blot out the sun zergs of theirs large enough to stop all skills working and had the fps cranked into the 10’s, in JQ’s garrison only a few days ago!

KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Edit: 695 ppt , nice one JQ!

I assume you’re going off the millenium site. If so, it’s not accurate. Someone punched in a bad score. Right now it’s something along the lines of JQ 315, BG 300, SoS 80 PPT.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

zhonnika.1784

The millenium page was majorly trolled There’s no way we would get that ppt at this hour of the day … or any other part of it. Not with these two opponents!

Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

That +695 ppt is obviously wrong.
BG has no intention of going quietly. I think they have lots of face-smashing to do yet. Congrats to BG and all its hard working guilds and militia.

Attachments:

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

(edited by MarMaster.6241)

in WvW

sostronk.8167

When everyone else in WvW sees that scoreboard, does it upset you to know that you have been working hard for those small stat increases, whilst players in PvE are still getting those stat increases and not doing anything to get them?

in WvW

Posted by: Esqi.8496

Esqi.8496

So which guilds are leaving SoS???

[TKG] Flake

in WvW

MarMaster.6241

When everyone else in WvW sees that scoreboard, does it upset you to know that you have been working hard for those small stat increases, whilst players in PvE are still getting those stat increases and not doing anything to get them?

All of the pve members of my guild and allies are fully aware that others are fighting for their server and benefits. JQ really does have a pretty good community.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

lol… my take is SoS is having a break until the point reset….. lose much points now so that you can be in tier 2 next match up and then beat the crap out of the other server’s kitten and gain a lot of point to be in Tier 1 a week after…..

sounds good ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

sostronk.8167

None that I know of. No notable ones anyway. Probably the biggest issue I see guild wise in SOS is a commander quit the game (Patone). IMO he is the best commander I have ever played with or against. His guild had a following of ~600. Its dropped to about 400 members now. Some formed new guilds. Either way his leadership was a big loss.

We lost a fair few pugs who went to JQ, although IMO that is a good thing in the long run as it frees up space to potentially bring in another big organized guild.

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

so transfer fee application cause jq stacked with players having full queue in all borderlands day and night including SEA prime time. Yet has any server with enough number to counter JQ. eventually some people might get demoraled and left. so anets…didnt see that coming huh

Pretty sure someone would have said something similar when SoS was winning all the time…

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

elkirin.8534

Woo that 695ppt thing posted on millenium scared me! I was thinking Noooo we have lost Titan!

in WvW

Posted by: SilencingMachine.5049

SilencingMachine.5049

Too funny! Numbers start to get even so SOS up and quits. They sure loved zerging all around when everyone else was outmanned. Now it’s an even field and it’s no longer the same for them…(insert excuse # 45103)

-Naturale
Huntsmen(HM) elem
Jade Quarry

in WvW

MarMaster.6241

I am sure that we will see SoS’s famous “Shock and Awe” campaign at reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

None that I know of. No notable ones anyway. Probably the biggest issue I see guild wise in SOS is a commander quit the game (Patone). IMO he is the best commander I have ever played with or against. His guild had a following of ~600. Its dropped to about 400 members now. Some formed new guilds. Either way his leadership was a big loss.

We lost a fair few pugs who went to JQ, although IMO that is a good thing in the long run as it frees up space to potentially bring in another big organized guild.

what happened to him? he was a good commander. did he burn out?