Join the Anvil Rock Server! =D

in WvW

Posted by: Yoshy.2806

Yoshy.2806

We are looking for Oceanic guilds/players to join our server! We have a great Alliance that has an awesome prime time, but the only thing our server lacks is people to cover our morning shifts, so any guilds looking to transfer before the payments per transfer begin please consider Anvil Rock. If you are interested feel free to leave a comment on here and the alliance, The Anvil Rock Defenders, will gladly walk you through our work in progress. Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Aidget.3879

Dark Aidget.3879

You may only take on as many as you just lost. More than that is not allowed unless BP gets a commensurate amount.

[Arr][GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Yoshy.2806

Yoshy.2806

We lost like 10 people. LOL. and transfers to AR should be done around midnight eastern.

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

I had been somewhat proud that AR hadn’t posted a single recruitment thread, because AR loves an even fight and a close match and didn’t want to skew the numbers in our match up, but given the circumstances of certain guilds leaving to try and get into higher tiers, I can understand why we might need one now to recoup some losses.

I can’t speak for the alliance, seeing as how I am from a small IRL friends guild, but I can say that Anvil Rock is a server that takes pride in its loyalty (sometime a bit too much) and in its “never say die” attitude. Even those from Kaineg have said that we have gave them a good fight (better than the match up they faced after us in a higher tier), in spite of not having nearly as many numbers.

Full disclosure time: Anvil Rock is not for the fair weather WvW’er. We play for the fights regardless of the scoreboard, and have only won first place 2 times, but the vast majority of the time, we hold a close second to the end. Just like any other server in our tier, we have a good mix of Zerg, small groups, and camp flipping crews.

As you may have guessed from Dark’s comment above, we also have a very large rivalry between AR and BP, with a rich history that has grown as we have played each other over 7 matches now. We have both had drama loving zerg guilds come and go, leaving only the laid back but battle hardened veterans of the server to appreciate the good chest-thumping forum banter back and forth. If you join us, expect to see a lot of BP, as we are very evenly matched servers that love doing battle with each other. I have personally slain Dark Aidget 27 times on the field of honor, and 3 times have had my way with his Asuran wife.

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in WvW

Posted by: lBANKAll.2183

lBANKAll.2183

join AR we got kittys and cookies

Commander IBANKAI Lord of Quaggans
[ALS] Anvil’s Last Stand Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Shandoeluna.3258

Shandoeluna.3258

Woot Anvil Rock!

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

AR the server that doesn’t quit. If your to stubborn to give up then AR is your home.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Woot Anvil Rock!

Wow you are even in the forums!! I love you cheerleader.
Please join ALS

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Aidget.3879

Dark Aidget.3879

I have personally slain Dark Aidget 27 times on the field of honor, and 3 times have had my way with his Asuran wife.

Sadly, this is probably true… Except the wife part. That was my asuran husband, and he’s still walking funny.

[Arr][GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Lothial.7859

Lothial.7859

Well in the interest of full full disclosure it has been my experience that Anvil Rock frowns on transfers in general. I wouldn’t come in as a guild unless you are prepared to work with the community that is here already. If you think you’re going to come in and run the show I wouldn’t bet on it unless you’re just uber enough to dominate Borlis, and Shiver on your own. As has been stated already the server can be a little over loyal at times.

King Fire Rat
eXo
Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

What Lothial says is true enough. We do, however, welcome transfers of good team players. The people I know are not over-loyal to the point that we don’t gladly welcome anyone who joins up with the simple goal of having fun with solid teamwork.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Lothial.7859

Lothial.7859

Absolutely. I remember when your alliance was forming up, and I’m sure you do to. The main concern the community had was whether or not you guys were attempting to set up a WvW dictatorship. To you guys credit you went to great lengths to prove that is not the case. Even offering from time to time to follow whoever wanted to lead with your commander titles, and it worked out.

It’s a great server to have medium sized or smaller guild like eXo because the bigger guilds don’t crap on you, and they don’t try to poach your members. The guilds that have struggled, and eventually transferred are the larger ones who think they are going to become the dominant force on the server, and bristle at seeing another guild tag running with their force or try to shame them into joining a “real guild”.

Eventually they wind up with no support, and groan about how the server “turned it’s back on them”.

King Fire Rat
eXo
Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

Exactly, Lothial. We had to weather issues with perceived (and even some actual attempts at) WvW dictatorship in our alliance, and we’ve survived that quite nicely. The allies won’t submit to it.

ALS had ~200 members when I joined in October, and we’re less than 20 from 500 today. We did that by good performance, behavior, and bringing new players into WvW from PvE. The members we’ve gained from other guilds have chosen to do that without being asked.

The Anvil Rock Defenders is an entirely social alliance built on friendship and respect. That’s the only power by which I lead it, and it’s the strongest one in my arsenal.

Also, it bears mentioning that ALS and The Anvil Rock Defenders are wholly separate entities, and my leadership of the alliance does not carry into ALS having any leadership over that alliance. I was 2nd in command of the alliance before I took 2nd in ALS.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

(edited by Anvil Pants.3426)

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

The deadline is upon us!! Do or die people

Woo Anvil Rock!

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.