Josh, PPK trial this week is fail too...

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Hey Josh,
Just watched the POI and while I appreciate ANY attention to WvW, and I really do like the idea of having these special events, and I would LOVE to see a week of “no rally” happen (please sooner rather than later), it’s pretty clear that for the majority of the WvW community the golem rush was not the greatest idea, but could have been if it was limited to the non-competitive EotM map.

Now I have learned that you also turned on PPK, perhap I missed that in the announcement (reading fail). I LIKE PPK and I think it would be great permanent, but evaluating it in a week where you have driven off most of the core community means that ANY conclusions you make about PPK this week will not be valid as they relate to the real WvW structure.

And lastly, if these events are “so easy” as you stated in the POI why has it been practically 8 months since the last one?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Simple events are the best ones….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

PPK has been a fail, since Im betting that most people killed this week have been by people with the golem buff. A bug/exploit that has been allowed to continue for the event aka karma train.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

After the completely ignored golem buff bug, I dread even good event ideas being implemented, since quite clearly there’s no QA testing done whatsoever.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Where can I watch the mentioned POI?

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

We’re having a great week against servers which normally obliterate us with nightcaps and arrowcart farms at T3 objectives.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

the video is at the bottom of the page and Josh is on at the end.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/points-of-interest-summary-shiro-and-golem-rush/

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

I see Josh at the end discuss how he basically implemented this whole event on his own time as part of the marketing team just to try and add something new into WvW, and this is the reaction he gets.

I’m just really disappointed in the playerbase.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in WvW

Posted by: LunacyPolish.4602

LunacyPolish.4602

I see Josh at the end discuss how he basically implemented this whole event on his own time as part of the marketing team just to try and add something new into WvW, and this is the reaction he gets.

I am not. They were told this was going to be terrible.

And what do you know.

There have been multiple requests to end the event early.

Not happening.

People are cheating left and right.

No acknowledgement after a few days of complaints.

People are overreacting perhaps, but when a company puts out a bad product they deserve criticism. If nothing else, massive PR fail. Get out in front of it.

Look Arenanet is capable of addressing complaints. They made WXP account wide for example. It’s just weird to me how inconsistent they are.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Well, was the playerbase asking for a buffed golem rush event? Would have to search past threads to see if it was mentioned at all after the last “Sneak Attack” event.

I mean, marketing involves market research, like figuring out what the customers are looking for, how their needs can be fulfilled, etc.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I’m ok with people making mistakes, I’m ok with programmers breaking things by accident. I’m ok with balance team making the wrong decisions on balance tweaking. What I’m not ok with, is people not owning up to their mistakes, and not doing something about it.

The golem buff exploit and duping issues should’ve been fixed. And if they didn’t have the manpower or capability to fix these issues, then someone should’ve turned the event off, and apologized to the playerbase. People would’ve been more than fine with them apologizing and turning the event off early. Heck they would’ve gotten a round of applause.

Instead? We have 4 days of silence, no fixes in sight, no patches, no turning event off, nobody’s owning up to this terrible mistake of an event, and nobody apologized to the playerbase (paying customers) for messing up a whole gamemode. That I’m not ok with.

Players are not who you should be disappointed at, you’ve got it all wrong.

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

First of all, intention and effect are not equivalent. Just because he intended to do something good the effect was not good. A very small amount of prior investment in thought and a little research would have yielded an event that would have been good. So, now he knows and can move forward, and it sort of appears that he is doing just that. He did post in the “other event ideas” thread twice. As they say, the road to you know where, is paved with good intentions…. I think he can salvage things significantly if he does another event soon and it’s one the WvW community wants, not one the PvE community wants…. and as I said, if it had been in EtoM only it would have been just fine and there would be no complaints.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

He can still redeem himself with a no rally week event. Or even better, make rally an unmanned buff for a week.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Lola.4172

Lola.4172

Yikes !

I know hes got a dev degree, but wasn’t he a PvP’er who got a job at Anet cos of the services he rendered to SPvP? He was hosting the weekly PvP round up one minute and an ‘up and comer’ at Anet the next.
Watch the last half of this Video … you get a pretty good idea of where Josh Davis is coming from .. https://youtu.be/YLslqhBn3PU

I don’t underestimate the impact he’s had in creating a real and exciting eSPORTS option out of PvP, the Tournaments and cash prizes they’re getting now are impressive compared to the investment weve seen in WW over the last 2 years. No doubt, he’s done a great job.

Do I want him in WvW helping us? Maybe .. but he’s not allowed to bring golems.

RAZZ
mezmebaby

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

You can never be right when you don’t even respond to your players. There is no other truth needed nor more valid than this.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

Hey let’s try to be productive here and cut Josh some slack, if he can get more “events” to shake up WvW we should support him. Yes, the golem thing wasn’t great, but I have confidence he will improve over time and PLEASE!! a week of no rally!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If these are the kind of ideas he has, it’s better if he does nothing.

The entire WvW community told him well beforehand that this event would not be fun. And guess what, after the first hour of the event — well before the golem hack became widespread — the forum got a flood of people asking for the event to end immediately.

Not only that.. remember the botched implementation where this event polluted the previous matchup by starting before reset?

Josh should probably have spent his time doing some event for PvP instead (golem week PvP, maybe.. lol) because it’s clear he is not tuned to the same wavelength as the WvW community.

Just let WvW die it’s inevitable slow death.

in WvW

Posted by: headraver.4862

headraver.4862

i like the idea of events in wvw it spices it up abit…but saying that golem rush week is just plain stupid ya may aswell have called it karma train week theres hardly been any group fighting between servers at all if your going to do somthing fun which involves wvw atleast use exsperimental idea’s that may be introduced later what wvw really needs is server population balance to actully make it more competitive and have closer match ups ive said the a few times in my guild that it would be nice if you actully reset the whole wvw match up system after one year at least so it feels fresh and new again rather than playing the same servers for months on end which makes wvw match ups totally stale

in WvW

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

+A for effort but the lack of communication once there was all this feedback and no fix to the exploit is pretty terrible customer service.

in WvW

Posted by: Drew.7192

Drew.7192

I’m really glad to see the WvWvW community stand up and say something. Rather then just roll over and take it….