Jump Puzzle Griefing -- BG

in WvW

Posted by: xmikey.6051

xmikey.6051

I imagine that this thread will get blasted as “you are in pvp” but camping a spot in the middle of a jump puzzle where the other player cant fight back is not pvp. It is griefing. There is no skill involved in pulling a player off a ledge and burning them down from a cliff.

I am going to call out the Ele and Thief duo from guild tag [mds] as the most notably griefers. Its sad.

That’s all.

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

If it was not fun and rewarding would people spend so much time doing it?

Its working as intended.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

I imagine that this thread will get blasted as “you are in pvp” but camping a spot in the middle of a jump puzzle where the other player cant fight back is not pvp. It is griefing. There is no skill involved in pulling a player off a ledge and burning them down from a cliff.

I am going to call out the Ele and Thief duo from guild tag [mds] as the most notably griefers. Its sad.

That’s all.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: coanunn.2347

coanunn.2347

The JP’s are designed to have choke points for a reason. Most notably the one in the Eternal Battleground has traps which can be triggered to use against the opposing team. While I understand the feeling of being griefed (I had all but completed the EB JP and was knocked off a cliff by a Guarding using one of their knockback walls in such a manner that I had to run the entire puzzle over again) it is afterall as you stated PVP and for lack of a better way of looking at it they designed it for those purposes.

in WvW

Posted by: Astry.9476

Astry.9476

PvP happened on a PvP map.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

in WvW

Posted by: coanunn.2347

coanunn.2347

PvP happened on a PvP map.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

I lol’d, firs time in days.. thank you, I needed that!

in WvW

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

Don’t go and the griefers rot

ROAM | Oink | TLP

in WvW

Posted by: Skatch.6721

Skatch.6721

I have to admit that shoving people off cliffs when they attack me is quite entertaining, and the other day I did have great fun using all the traps I could to prevent a bunch of Blackgate players from getting to me (which only worked for about 5 minutes then they got smart,) but it is difficult.

I’m not saying it should be changed, I just find it humorous that people can sit in an empty spot for hours just to have the satisfaction of stopping someone from getting something that affects the campers in no way whatsoever. For instance, if I were up at the end, I’d wait for people to finish the puzzle and then knock em off the cliff ^^

The only frustrating thing for me is that Sanctum of Rall seems to never have more than 2 or 3 people doing the puzzle at a time, although I’m convinced there are guilds across Isle of Janthir and Blackgate that are dedicated to stopping people from doing that puzzle xD

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I know that D/D ele. Usually it’s two D/D eles, so I don’t bother. When I catch one of them alone I usually get them though. Fun times.

in WvW

Posted by: Puppychow.2563

Puppychow.2563

All 3 servers do it. Too many times I’ve loaded into the portal to see like 8 LAG folks from SoR camping starting area or top of the JP (and obviously we and IoJ aren’t innocent either). And it’s very satisfying to dethrone the other server

It’s a fun way to have some small scale PVP, or some good 1v1’s if you’re lucky

Lot’s of fun pvp going on in that JP

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

That’s all.

I loled at the pic..

nice

@OP

If they are causing you problems at a jumping puzzle in WvW…why not go out into the world, help you server be productive in taking the map, then when forces are freed up and the map is secure..you go back to the JP with friends?

Doesnt that sound logical?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

in WvW

Posted by: xmikey.6051

xmikey.6051

Here is a pretty picture of BG players with 2 build arrow carts and a ballista and in the process of building ballistas and arrow carts (and mesmer portalling more players up to “man the siege”) in one of the harder parts of the EB jumping puzzle.

Say what you will, building siege to hit players who cannot reasonably mount any defense is definitely not an honorable way to fight.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Get out of the jumping puzzle and do something useful, problem solved.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

As for camping the JP:
It’s part of the game. Prevent the enemy from getting the siege blueprints, and badges.
They made it in WvW for a reason, if it didn’t give any benefit to you as a player in WvW I doubt people would camp it as much.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Abe.2986

Abe.2986

If you just took out the siege weapons from the jumping puzzle it would work as intended. Personally I have no problem trying to run through or fight in there. But if people are camped on the edge of the arena with arrow carts/ballista. You can’t reasonably do anything at that point at that point its just laugh and move on, don’t feed the trolls.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The only place i find out unfair in the JP is that arena part, where you really have absolutely way of counter the enemy (with or without siege weaponry).
I’ve fought SoR guys through the whole damn puzzle just to find out a trio of [ND] IoJ invaders blocking the arena, and there was nothing i could do about it, since the slowdown from combat prevent you to even try to reach your enemy.
I don’t see any problems with fighting in the puzzle, as long you have a way to counter the enemy…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Your server wants free siege. The enemy server wants you to have no siege. Denying the enemy siege is just… smart. Anyone who didn’t do that would be foolish.

I think some of the most fun fights happen at the jump puzzles. I am a good jumper so I can use the puzzle to my advantage and keep mobile.

Puzzle in a PvP zone = PvP puzzle

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

heres my though on JP in WVW. Its a pve event in a pvp zone where pve players go and complain about being pvped. Y not just remove them so our maps aren’t bogged down with QQ pvers

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

heres my though on JP in WVW. Its a pve event in a pvp zone where pve players go and complain about being pvped. Y not just remove them so our maps aren’t bogged down with QQ pvers

/signed.

@OP, your tears of frustration fuel the PvP players, help us help you by petitioning Anet to remove PvE from PvP, everyone wins.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I like burning my own server mates for fun… Since you can’t get past the Arena if someone is already camping the upstairs…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

Here is a pretty picture of BG players with 2 build arrow carts and a ballista and in the process of building ballistas and arrow carts (and mesmer portalling more players up to “man the siege”) in one of the harder parts of the EB jumping puzzle.

Say what you will, building siege to hit players who cannot reasonably mount any defense is definitely not an honorable way to fight.

your pretty picture shouts “Noobs camping”. I have never been stopped by a bunch of campers in the jumping puzzle. In general i go with 1-5 guildies. Get to the end. If camped use pulls and bring them down to us to deal with. See where they are camping? That would be an absolute field day for us. Probably could kill them with just 2-3 people given their locations. Couple that with the fact some their seige is destroyable in the locations placed makes it even easier.

I never use seige now if I am camping the puzzle, it actually makes you easier to deal with. Rather rely on class abilities and if they do get to the top, well there always methods to send them back down. Infact blocked the puzzle tonight against 12-15 enemy with 6 of us, constantly just knocked back anyone on the last ledge, or killed them when they got across. They easily could have killed us with some basic usuage of abilities but they didnt which meant I managed to get 6 characters through the puzzle