Just get rid of orbs all together

in WvW

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

Just get rid of orbs all together. As it stands right now many matches are one sided. Give a server that not only has the numbers on you, owns the map, and all 3 orbs there is not much chance. Those orbs make a HUGE difference especially when you own all 3.

With that said lets say there were 2 pro pvp players with the same skill only difference one of the players owns all 3 orbs who is going to win? the player with the orbs everytime over and over and over and over and…. well you get the point I hope.

Also, reading the forums I hear alot from the winning teams that they want more of a challange from us weaker servers well hey a good start would be getting rid of orbs all together. Not only would it help even the playing feild as far as stats go it would help get rid of all the complaints of the flying hacks.

No orbs means no reason to fly hack orbs and fly away like a coward and a cheat. So please get rid of orbs ASAP they might have been a good pipe dream but they are really bad for the game. Maybe do some reward system each week where winning server (all players on that server not just the ones in pvp to help encourage players to play pvp) get 100 pvp tokens for the win, 2nd gets 50 and 3rd gets 25 or something like that.

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I kind of agree,

Orbs were obviously implemented to give the Borderlands something meaningful to fight over. This is understandable since they’re often considered a “side-stage” to the Eternal Battlegrounds.

But it doesn’t really work that way. The Borderlands are already fairly important, simply due to the number of bases and points they contribute.. They really don’t need the Orbs to encourage people to fight there.

And then there’s the issue that Orbs give the already dominating faction another upper hand. It just doesn’t seem right.

If they changed the Orb and Undermanned buff, I’d probably feel differently.

in WvW

scooby treat.8420

Also to add one more thought to add to the fun of being the winner of the week have each major city throw a party with fireworks and dancing (or something like that) in each major city for there win for an hour or two and have NPC’s talk about the great victory or something to that effect.

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

I really don’t care about the orbs, they do not make any difference, as the buffs are too weak. If your server is winning 3 orbs wont make any difference, if it’s loosing, it won’t make any difference either. My server was in both situations, the orbs were never helpful.

I know that in THEORY more hp and stats should be HELPFUL right, but when faced with INVISIBLE armies, even 100 orbs would not change a thing.

in WvW

scooby treat.8420

well your talking about a whole other issue with players showing up invisible. If you and another player had the same skill at everything the player with the 3 orbs would win everytime hands down. fight your shadow that has 150 stats higher and 15 percent more health you will lose. Blow for blow you will lose everytime.

in WvW

Posted by: Speno.1874

Speno.1874

The problem is the Undermanned buff given to the lower servers is not very good at all. Esp. when one owns 2 or 3 orbs, extra karma… If people want karma they will mainly go pve for it. The undermanned buff should stop 750/0/0 caps happening on maps, which it is not doing.

“Red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night.”
Leader of Steadfast
Current Boris Pass , Formerly pre launch HOD

in WvW

Posted by: ecwoodrow.7034

ecwoodrow.7034

The orbs exist to provide boost to the winning team, because in 3 way wvw, the second and third place teams are supposed to gang up on the winning team. They don’t need to be removed, people just need to stop crying and learn to double team.

Atsug Em – [RvR] – lvl 80 Engineer – IoJ
Tryggon Gathol – [RvR] – lvl 80 Warrior – IoJ
Sechnal – [RvR] – lvl 80 Ranger – IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Armo.6208

Armo.6208

The orbs exist to provide boost to the winning team, because in 3 way wvw, the second and third place teams are supposed to gang up on the winning team.

But there is no point in that if the first placed server has too big of a lead. first and third will fight primarily the second placed so that the first will secure its lead and the third for a hope to get the number 2 spot.

in WvW

Posted by: Felix.2613

Felix.2613

The orbs exist to provide boost to the winning team, because in 3 way wvw, the second and third place teams are supposed to gang up on the winning team. They don’t need to be removed, people just need to stop crying and learn to double team.

Maybe you got a point, but as Arenanet have made both enemy servers red, it will end in a fight when you see each other (pun unintended).

If they wanted a team effort they should have made one server names red and another orange or something like that. You can say people are just stupid and can just read what server it is, but in the heat of battle it is not uncommon that it takes a while before you realise that this is actually the third server that showed up.

in WvW

Posted by: Velkyn.9285

Velkyn.9285

Why not just have the names show up with the color you got assigned? Red, Green, Blue. Seems simple enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Jormunrek.5372

Jormunrek.5372

I haven’t decided if I think the orbs should just go away all together or not, but they should disable them until they can get a handle on the exploiting/glitching going on that many are doing to attain them.

This would also give sampling data of how wvw would be affected if they were to remove them and we/they could see the results.

Jorm

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

How about this:
Each garrison gives an orb bonus. So controlling the garrisons in every borderlands will give all three orb bonuses. There is no longer a physical orb.

I like the way the orb is designed, but until the bugs/exploits are taken care of, this could be a good solution.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Jormunrek.5372

Jormunrek.5372

katniss.6735:How about this:
Each garrison gives an orb bonus. So controlling the garrisons in every borderlands will give all three orb bonuses. There is no longer a physical orb.

This is a pretty decent idea. But perhaps instead of the garrison itself giving the buff the keep lord inside gives the buff. Call it something like hardened morale or steel resolution or something.

Could also consider giving the buff just to the battlefield that garrison is in, limiting the effects on the large scale.

If that is done then you could let the castle legendary keep lord give a buff that spans all of the battlefields. Because as it stands right now the castle is a nice small bump in points but not particularly relevant in winning the war on a weekly basis.

Jorm

in WvW

Posted by: RecycledBill.5701

RecycledBill.5701

If they do not get rid of the orbs, at least require some effort on each person to gain the benefits of the orb. Perhaps make it so that you have to touch the orb to gain its bonus and the bonus lasts for 30mins. If you want all three orb bonuses then you have to travel to each BL and touch each orb. At least this way the 3 stacks of bonuses will be typically only gained by the dedicated groups/guilds, while the mindless zergs will run around with at most 1 bonus and usually none.

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.8375

Syndic.8375

What I would really like to see is the names on the 2 enemy sides being different colours. ATM everyone just sees red and attacks, being able to differentiate the 2 sides easily I think would help. That and maybe a communication channel that is open to the 2 lowest (in current scoring) to talk to each other.

I’m guessing the match up system hasn’t got to it’s ideal spot yet but I would have thought that you wouldn’t get one team being so far ahead of the other 2 that they would need to combine forces, seeing as they are only 1 or 2 spots apart on the world rankings.