Just removed WvW

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

Since Anet is clearly just abandoning the game mode in favor of bribing people with the Call of the Mist buff, can you just remove it and just add in the Fort Aspenwood/Jade Quarry game modes to PvP. At least it will be a good game mode vs the crappy ones we are being force fed now.

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Add a feature that allows guilds or a X numbers of players from other servers to “invade” a server to a “specific” map (could be random from time to time) warning players about that, so pver’s avoid going there and by that making the game have REAL OPEN PvP!

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Add a feature that allows guilds or a X numbers of players from other servers to “invade” a server to a “specific” map (could be random from time to time) warning players about that, so pver’s avoid going there and by that making the game have REAL OPEN PvP!

Do not want this at all. The potential for abuse and griefing is huge.

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought this was an announcement that WvW had been removed. A change of the title might be in order. =)

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

I like how our (WvW’ers, so not including you most likely) game mode is virtually DYING and your first thought directed at a potential solution is “this could be inconvenient”

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

But it’s not a solution, it’s injecting PvP into the PvE lands and barring PvErs from playing in those lands for the duration. Any solution to whatever problems WvW has needs to be handled in the WvW realm because while ANet has worked hard to give a vast area of the game to those who like fighting other players, they’ve also made participation in that area 100% voluntary.

PvP invading a PvE area is a recipe for vitriol and bile (in both directions).

Now maybe what you’re asking is that there be copies of the PvE zones that don’t have events, nodes, or other cooperative elements, just the base terrain to use as new scenery in which to hunt each other down (not sure how they’d balance out forts, so I guess, this is pure guerrilla warfare?) and so long as they have the dev resources available I could see people having a ton of fun in that. So long as the cooperative world remains intact and not turned into ganklands, go for it!

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I like how our (WvW’ers, so not including you most likely) game mode is virtually DYING and your first thought directed at a potential solution is “this could be inconvenient”

I play WvW, and I have nothing against it or regular players of it. I look forward to seeing what changes and additions will be made just like you.

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

So your concern is that the Call of the Mists buff this weekend may be drawing some WvW players into sPvP and your answer to this concern is you want WvW removed?

What?

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Did you actually read the full suggestion?

The suggestion isn’t “Let other servers join a server in WvW”. It’s “Let people gank in PVE maps”.

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

While it is an interesting idea, injecting PvP into a specifically PvE map is not something that everyone will enjoy. Just imagine… you’re about to finish map completion on Frostgorge Sound. Warning! PvPers have entered the map! There is one last POI that you need to get, better hurry! However, just before reaching it, you get ganked by someone from server X. And then, to your horror, every time you take more than twenty steps away from the nearest waypoint another player from server Y ganks you. This endless cycle of waypoint camping frustrates you to no end and you either ragequit, or waste time fighting them off when all you really wanted to do was complete the dang map.

This is an issue that already affects map completion (for diehard PvE players) because of the mandatory requirements to explore the Eternal Battlegrounds, and the three Borderlands. Forcing PvE players into a situation where they are faced by unwanted gangrayp will be more than frustrating to many, and is most definitely not the answer ever, in my humble opinion. Preemptive warning or not, it will be very inconvenient. Sure, you’ll get more PvEers involved in your little map wars – if for a little while – but at the same time it is at the expense of others… that’s my two cents.

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: archdemonXIII.7063

archdemonXIII.7063

I suppose SPvP should be removed during WvW tournaments, too.

Actually typing out my uncensored thoughts about the original post would involve more kittens than an animal shelter.

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

The suggestion isn’t “Let other servers join a server in WvW”. It’s “Let people gank in PVE maps”.

Gank with warning.
Now in fairness I imagine this would be done on a shard (or single map) of the actual map (multiple when necessary). Meaning if you don’t want to be ganked you taxi to a PvE map. And continue with your merry little map completion (or K-train). Whether that was how it was intended in the suggestion idk.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I would die for Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry in Gw2. They were so amazing.

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

While it is an interesting idea, injecting PvP into a specifically PvE map is not something that everyone will enjoy. Just imagine… you’re about to finish map completion on Frostgorge Sound. Warning! PvPers have entered the map! There is one last POI that you need to get, better hurry! However, just before reaching it, you get ganked by someone from server X. And then, to your horror, every time you take more than twenty steps away from the nearest waypoint another player from server Y ganks you. This endless cycle of waypoint camping frustrates you to no end and you either ragequit, or waste time fighting them off when all you really wanted to do was complete the dang map.

This is an issue that already affects map completion (for diehard PvE players) because of the mandatory requirements to explore the Eternal Battlegrounds, and the three Borderlands. Forcing PvE players into a situation where they are faced by unwanted gangrayp will be more than frustrating to many, and is most definitely not the answer ever, in my humble opinion. Preemptive warning or not, it will be very inconvenient. Sure, you’ll get more PvEers involved in your little map wars – if for a little while – but at the same time it is at the expense of others… that’s my two cents.

I get it, one thing i imagine Anet should “work” on it, and i really dont understand why they didnt yet, is making the Mists like Tyria, all Spvp maps, WvW and Edge is in there, why not put all together like Tyria? So PvP’ers could have a content similar to PvE world…

PvP content in GW2 is very poor in comparison to PvE, WvW and Spvp get boring really really quick… while Tyria has all the large and diff environment.

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: archdemonXIII.7063

archdemonXIII.7063

Gank with warning.
Now in fairness I imagine this would be done on a shard (or single map) of the actual map (multiple when necessary). Meaning if you don’t want to be ganked you taxi to a PvE map. And continue with your merry little map completion (or K-train). Whether that was how it was intended in the suggestion idk.

Imagine if you got a warning and then had to complete PvE content to continue with your WvW game…… Or you could always leave and go to another shard….

If the people on that map wanted to pvp, they would be doing so already. I do support some sort of open world pvp zone, but don’t force it on people that don’t want it. I don’t RP personally but I can see where this would rightfully anger those that do.

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Considering that WvW is underdeveloped, half kitten d gamemode to start with, and they don’t seem to have resources to see it through, yea, they could as well just scratch it from the game.

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Interesting idea but….Megaserver.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Most fun part of PvP is kill PvE players when they try to take some boss down.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

name me a current game with better WvWvW and combat than gw2. At this moment none.
unless you count DAoC which doesnt cut it for me anymore.

So here we are again.

Anet is making huge profits from GW2 CN in terms of royalties
They have dumped incredible resources into sPvP
They make a lot of the gem store.
PvE makes good revenue and keeps the PvE players happy
So the crumbs go to WvWvW. But dont give up hope.(Moderated)

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

I would die for Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry in Gw2. They were so amazing.

I lived in Fort Aspenwood in GW1…awesome game play…met some great people while competing with them….I miss my Ritualist…and the GW1 flavor of Necromancer.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Gank with warning.

Which wouldn’t help WvW at all. In any way. Because people who don’t want to be ganked in PVE maps clearly would not go to WvW. In fact, if anything, it might lure some people AWAY from WvW in order to go grief PVE players.

Just removed WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I thought PvP was good for WvW since it improves player skill.

For the Toast!