KILLED WvW Guilds

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

ANet,

You guys have killed WvW Guilds
What we have upgraded previously, specifically the +5 Supply Capacity, that can be easily gotten by Lvl2 Art of War upgrade, now requires us to have a Rank 37 guild to do that.
Where is the logic in this?
Something easily obtained in the previous version is now going to be a grindwars2 to get to.
Not to mention that this +5 Supply is as essential now than it has ever been, because of the EXTREMELY LARGE Desert Borderland Maps that now, a 5-man group (in lower tiers) you have to run out and back again, at least 4 times to get the supply you need to actually make something happen on a keep/tower that auto-upgrades to fortify without anyone pushing a button to make it happen.

IT IS JUST A NIGHTMARE!

Also – the upgrades are CRAZY! Needs too much exp grinding farming etc!

Please bear in mind that there are people that play this game only for WvW Purpose and not the PVE aspect. And so, having been brought out of my preferred gameplay, to farm for materials for these upgrades to get sheeeeeet that we need in WvW… is just… i would say, tasteless, not so well thought out, and quite frankly STUPID.

end of rant

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Something easily obtained in the previous version is now going to be a grindwars2 to get to.

It’s worse than that. Something that you already unlocked is now inaccessible unless you buy HoT; and even if you do, you have to unlock it again.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As I’ve posted many times, Guilds should not be prioritized in WvW, period! Worlds need to be a cohesive military force. Buffs need to be available to every soldier of a World because they all matter equally. Not gating buffs to social cliques, especially to only the largest large social cliques at that.

The entire design concept of gating WvW buffs to guilds is a complete failure….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Nedus.6952

Nedus.6952

As I’ve posted many times, Guilds should not be prioritized in WvW, period! Worlds need to be a cohesive military force. Buffs need to be available to every soldier of a World because they all matter equally. Not gating buffs to social cliques, especially to only the largest large social cliques at that.

With all respect to guilds i must say i agree with this. If you are a WvW player, you are a WvW player. Period. It doesn’t matter if you are in a 300 man guild or a guildless lone wolf. As long as you are an active member that does stuff, you deserve the possibility to earn your buffs

Guilds deserve some “extra stuff”, since they are, well, guilds (which should mean a group of people who play with the same mindset for a common purpose). But making +5 and such SO much related to guild (and ONLY to guild) is disrespectful for the guildless WvW players that yet do a lot of work and deserve credit.

Passero ~ Jade Sea
Former member of WSR and AG.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Before you cod have a Guild yourself and have +5 supply and so but now you cant.

Step 1 you need 150 Favor and there is no way to get favor alone.

Step 2 if you somehow manage to get 150Favor borrow 4players to make a Guild hall then your Guild is to low lvl to make +5 supply with you cod Before expansion.

(edited by Shadow.3475)

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Before you cod have a Guild yourself and have +5 supply and so but now you cant.

Step 1 you need 150 Favor and there is no way to get favor alone.

Step 2 if you somehow manage to get 150Favor borrow 4players to make a Guild hall then your Guild is to low lvl to make +5 supply with you cod Before expansion.

I know right! I think there’s something fishy going on there!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

ANet,

You guys have killed WvW Guilds
What we have upgraded previously, specifically the +5 Supply Capacity, that can be easily gotten by Lvl2 Art of War upgrade, now requires us to have a Rank 37 guild to do that.
Where is the logic in this?
Not to mention that this +5 Supply is as essential now than it has ever been, because of the EXTREMELY LARGE Desert Borderland Maps that now, a 5-man group (in lower tiers) you have to run out and back again, at least 4 times to get the supply you need to actually make something happen on a keep/tower that auto-upgrades to fortify without anyone pushing a button to make it happen.

IT IS JUST A NIGHTMARE!

Also – the upgrades are CRAZY! Needs too much exp grinding farming etc!

Please bear in mind that there are people that play this game only for WvW Purpose and not the PVE aspect. And so, having been brought out of my preferred gameplay, to farm for materials for these upgrades to get sheeeeeet that we need in WvW… is just… i would say, tasteless, not so well thought out, and quite frankly STUPID.

end of rant

I add my vote to the worst change in any game, ever.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

atheria.2837

With all respect to guilds i must say i agree with this. If you are a WvW player, you are a WvW player. Period. It doesn’t matter if you are in a 300 man guild or a guildless lone wolf. As long as you are an active member that does stuff, you deserve the possibility to earn your buffs

Guilds deserve some “extra stuff”, since they are, well, guilds (which should mean a group of people who play with the same mindset for a common purpose). But making +5 and such SO much related to guild (and ONLY to guild) is disrespectful for the guildless WvW players that yet do a lot of work and deserve credit.

The small guild and the solo player have been left out of WvW completely.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

you could just put your points into supply master

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

atheria.2837

Ya know, if you really want to get WvW back to normal, it would be easy if we could all get on reddit and make this trend for a day.

WvW is our game – if we don’t save it, new players will NEVER come in.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

atheria.2837

you could just put your points into supply master

Supply master only give a max of 15 not 20 like it used to.

We have been cheated out of every single thing that could be done in WvW.

More things should have been added that mattered but all they did was take away stacks, five supply, any solo ability to upgrade anything and a game where most are trying to figure out why the new maps are there at all if it’s so darn automated.

PvE has taken many WvW’ers – and it will continue to do so because the true end game has been nerfed to the ground.

If the players had three times the health and still the abilities they have now it might be a fight , but as it is we are all dead in less than two or three seconds due to numbers, not any kind of skill that might be fun for all to hone.

Anet hates WvW – face it – they’ve abandoned us and put WvW on autopilot and opened all the wrong servers to new players.

(edited by atheria.2837)

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Taux.9834

Faux Taux.9834

^^^ This. Our small WvW havoc guild has now rolled up to the conclusion that we are no longer valued. Would we grind for a guild hall if +5 wasn’t so far out of reach?

Yes.

But looking at the time it will take with 5 or 6 of us, out of the question (last check from Guild2 to +5 requires more than 678 gold in materials). Right now to toss out 1 guild cata we NEED a minimum of 4 players. Groups smaller than 4 are no longer effective.

Our members also rep larger WvW guilds as well, but the havoc roaming is where we all had a blast. Several members are so down now that they’re barely on any longer. Even seeing our larger guilds working toward recovering what we lost, the time gates and guild levels mean it’s going to be a long road ahead…

Faux

Sorrows Furnace

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

lol all i said for the point of supply is put it into supply points.

The other things are true such as auto upgrades, no bonuses or new rewards, and the auto detect something has been taken is all terrible.

But the idea behind guilds is great, that part is about community and a group of people sticking together and getting things done. Im in a small guild with around 10-12 active players and 5-8 active for guild stuff. Our guild hall is already level 15 and we are simply waiting on more of the arualaithium.

There is so many WvW guilds who pop in for 2-4 months and just leave. Hvaing a stable Guild in a borderland is huge. coming from Crystal Desert where all of our big WvW guilds left the server and/or quit has made it unwelcoming of a WvW server. You get a few guilds where you can say hey we got all the stuff unlocked and you can be in charge of the WvW division. You now got something going that benefits WvW.

Yeah but no all that other stuff is true about them messing up scouting and all that other stuff. Plus i would like to add dailies. Seriously nothing Anet? I mean the map is beautiful but doesnt really feel like WvW battle grounds. Kind of looks like the area after the war.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I have to agree that gating potentially critical functions to social cliques is quite a problem.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Almost nobody complained about the previous system and everything was attainable from inside of WvW. There are four of us left in our once ten man guild and we had almost everything unlocked for our guild because we all put in thousands of WvW hours.

Basically we lost it all with the new system and no way to get it back without starting over, expanding our guild and grinding in PvE which none of us currently play. That is just a horrible design decision.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

Almost nobody complained about the previous system and everything was attainable from inside of WvW. There are four of us left in our once ten man guild and we had almost everything unlocked for our guild because we all put in thousands of WvW hours.

Basically we lost it all with the new system and no way to get it back without starting over, expanding our guild and grinding in PvE which none of us currently play. That is just a horrible design decision.

It truly is. Forcing WvW players to go do PvE is completely stupid in my opinion. If you play a certain gamemode, I thing everything should be attainable in that gamemode. Sure you could get everything across the board and make it more fun, but if you strictly play WvW or PvP, then you should be able to attain the same rewards and benefits those in PvE gain.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It hits smaller guild harder but the way supply is now with it not being needed upgraded for keeps tower camps you should never be with out the full cap most of the time. 15 supple is a lot and you can do a lot with it 20 supple maybe too much.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Straegen.2938

It hits smaller guild harder but the way supply is now with it not being needed upgraded for keeps tower camps you should never be with out the full cap most of the time. 15 supple is a lot and you can do a lot with it 20 supple maybe too much.

That might be true if they didn’t gut guild catapults by doubling their supply cost. It now takes a minimum of 4 players with 15 supply or 3 players with lucky supply back rolls to build a guild catapult. The auto upgrades also mean most structures have stronger walls/gates which takes more damage to get through. Because of this small roaming groups aren’t nearly as effective any longer.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Most of the small guilds that did roaming/upgrading during off-hours, have left the wvw. And many have left the game too because PvE is boring to them.

You cant seriously ask any wvw guild to grind months in PvE, gathering thousands of items (account-bound, yay!) just so they can unlock upgrade for the wvw mode. Thats. Just. Stupid.

Plus you cant just remove upgrades from guilds and then say if you buy the expansion you can grind months in PvE mode to get your upgrade back. Thats. Also. Stupid.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Jski.6180

That might be true if they didn’t gut guild catapults by doubling their supply cost. It now takes a minimum of 4 players with 15 supply or 3 players with lucky supply back rolls to build a guild catapult. The auto upgrades also mean most structures have stronger walls/gates which takes more damage to get through. Because of this small roaming groups aren’t nearly as effective any longer.

Is that a bad thing though? Should it be so easy for small groups to put down sieges? A lot of wvw players do not like siege spams from both the attker and defer and only have 15 supply per person cuts back on 6 rams on a door 6 or so cata on a wall things that you cant def vs (mind you defer have an easier time but still will take them longer to get that siege up during a fight).

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Should it be so easy for small groups to put down sieges?

Well… yes.

Because that’s how you get a border going. Its when you start to put limitations on this, like 4 people required to built guild siege against the no doubt fortified keep that’s been ticking all night, that WvW grind to a complete halt. The very strong buff to champion NPCs, removal of siegerazer and door/wall hp is another similar issue (ironically, the shrines are dead simple to cap, I have no idea why they arent all veterans at least), it acts a buffer against small groups doing things.

Do you have a 5 man squad ready and waiting for you when you join WvW? No? Then gtfo. That’s pretty much what the new WvW tell you. That’s absolutely horrible. I have always bragged about how GW2 WvW scale well from 1-25+ players, especially compared to for example ESO where you needed a full 20 man raid waiting for you just to cap the eqvivalent of a lousy camp. You could easily join a border and get the ball rolling. All things considered, they pretty much ruined that.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Jski.6180

Well… yes.

Because that’s how you get a border going. Its when you start to put limitations on this, like 4 people required to built guild siege against the no doubt fortified keep that’s been ticking all night, that WvW grind to a complete halt. The very strong buff to champion NPCs, removal of siegerazer and door/wall hp is another similar issue (ironically, the shrines are dead simple to cap, I have no idea why they arent all veterans at least), it acts a buffer against small groups doing things.

Do you have a 5 man squad ready and waiting for you when you join WvW? No? Then gtfo. That’s pretty much what the new WvW tell you. That’s absolutely horrible. I have always bragged about how GW2 WvW scale well from 1-25+ players, especially compared to for example ESO where you needed a full 20 man raid waiting for you just to cap the eqvivalent of a lousy camp. You could easily join a border and get the ball rolling. All things considered, they pretty much ruined that.

4 ppl should not be able to take full upgraded keeps maybe a tower but it should be a hard thing to do. If it was easy then what would be the point of these things upgrading? That the def of night caping and is a major reason why ppt means nothing.
ESO is supply free rvr every one is seiges that was a major error to do that.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Well… yes.

4 ppl should not be able to take full upgraded keeps maybe a tower but it should be a hard thing to do. If it was easy then what would be the point of these things upgrading? That the def of night caping and is a major reason why ppt means nothing.

Jski, but that is what people want, they want a easy reward ,that is what GW2 made people get used to, if anet made each player deploy instant built siege, gw2 players for sure would love that…. Before the new patch to WvW, the old BL were nothing more like karma train maps and this is what people want back.

As much as the auto upgrades and other stuff on the BL and EB needs work/fixes or even removed this patch made to see how many Skrits were playing WvW after al.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I asked all my guild members to trait into Supply Master first. Supply in the new WvW is more valuable than it was previously due to increased scarcity with siege engine costs and distances to supply camps. Yea, not having the +5 buff sucks. We’re still trying to get to War Room and we’re a medium sized guild. It doesn’t help that a lot of members have other guilds they’re trying to upgrade too: i.e. one for WvW, one for PvE, etc. It is my understanding that a lot of other guilds have just been throwing gold at the upgrade costs whereas we haven’t.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

It’s worse than that. Something that you already unlocked is now inaccessible unless you buy HoT; and even if you do, you have to unlock it again.

Lol was just talking about this last night in TS. Taking away features and hiding them behind not one but two walls. Terrific! But then again this is a WvWvW guild issue and who cares about those weirdos. :P

Whispers with meat.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Most of the small guilds that did roaming/upgrading during off-hours, have left the wvw. And many have left the game too because PvE is boring to them.

You cant seriously ask any wvw guild to grind months in PvE, gathering thousands of items (account-bound, yay!) just so they can unlock upgrade for the wvw mode. Thats. Just. Stupid.

Plus you cant just remove upgrades from guilds and then say if you buy the expansion you can grind months in PvE mode to get your upgrade back. Thats. Also. Stupid.

It amazes me that the GW2 devs were so clueless in all of their choices. HoT not only killed WvW but it is a huge failure for almost every game type that was popular before.

Small guilds were kicked to the curb. WvW players dumped on and spit on. Everything we worked so hard for just tossed away by them without a thought or care to how much effort we put in.

And now they expect us to play PvE for endless weeks just so we can join WvW again. It’s a HoT crap sandwich from the devs and they expect us to like it. They can go to hell.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Well… yes.

Jski, but that is what people want, they want a easy reward ,that is what GW2 made people get used to, if anet made each player deploy instant built siege, gw2 players for sure would love that…. Before the new patch to WvW, the old BL were nothing more like karma train maps and this is what people want back.

As much as the auto upgrades and other stuff on the BL and EB needs work/fixes or even removed this patch made to see how many Skrits were playing WvW after al.

Except those “keeps” in your own border that are enemy fortified and upgraded insanely fast. So if a small group struggles to take them back or just find it takes way too much time they just sit there all night ticking hard ppt. It’s not like the enemy spent much time “upgrading them.” Earth keep reinforces almost instantly when you have the camps. Morning ppl get on see it and don’t even want to bother either so they log off as well. If you see this as healthy… then have fun playing by yourself sooner than later. Taking back your own BL shouldn’t be as hard as taking an enemy BL and it almost is especially with a couple defenders vs a small group. Auto-upgrades need a lot of work.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

Well… yes.

I agree, it IS horrible. All those changes, the stronger walls, the “new” guildcatapults, the “remove” from +5, the longer walkways slow EVERYTHING, especially in the new maps, down. And that makes it boring like hell. For atackers it went from: Placing sneaky rams on a tower and hope to get inside fast enough, often followed from an epic fight in the lordsroom (and at least i enjoyed those fights from both sides, atacker and defender) to: placing ram, raming the fortified gate for 5 minutes while HOPING that ANYONE comes to defend. But ppl don’t come. Thanks to the autoupgrade in combination with the long ways ppl don’t even bother to LOOK at a contested tower.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

A lot of people complained about the small guilds and the players who only roam and fight and how it ruined their WvW experience… The “World v World” mentality being that it must be only large scale fights and 0 roamers or fight guilds to ruin the experience because we have “PvP for that” and “Guild Halls” if we want fights.

Well now you got what you asked for, no fight guilds, no roamers, a bunch of empty towers available for free karma training.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Straegen.2938

If a server leaves a tower/keep undefended, then yes a havoc squad should be able to flip it. It isn’t like two guild catas go through a fortified wall fast. In the case of a keep, two walls/doors. One defender can easily hold off or discourage a havoc squad even in the previous system.

The current system is a show up with a bunch of people or don’t bother playing affair.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

It truly is. Forcing WvW players to go do PvE is completely stupid in my opinion. If you play a certain gamemode, I thing everything should be attainable in that gamemode. Sure you could get everything across the board and make it more fun, but if you strictly play WvW or PvP, then you should be able to attain the same rewards and benefits those in PvE gain.

Agreed. The WvW portions of the guild hall experience should be gained through WvW content. Some of the mats are so PvE-oriented that a true WvW guild would/should never be able to attain them without spending massive coin.

Of course this makes the ANet guy’s statement about WvW players really liking PvE out to look very true. One of these days ANet might figure out the cash cow WvW could be, but they should’ve already figured out the drawing card they had with WvW and apparently they haven’t.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

Its not as crowded on the new maps as I would like to have. But still we’re having great fights and in new sometimes tough spots which make it very exciting.

I still having a blast on the new maps. Hope they will just fix and reinvent some stuff what should be done, but not go back to old.

Piken Square

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The WvW portions of the guild hall experience should be gained through WvW content. Some of the mats are so PvE-oriented that a true WvW guild would/should never be able to attain them without spending massive coin.

Imagine if Silverwastes Shovels dropped in WvW Desert Borderlands. XD

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

remove all upgrades your guild has previously earned and call it content. you gotta admit is pretty ingenious!

along this same line of thought they should periodically reset every ones mastery points to 0 and make them regrind the xp. never have to release another expansion again, just take it all way and make ppl do it over again.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Well… yes.

Except those “keeps” in your own border that are enemy fortified and upgraded insanely fast. So if a small group struggles to take them back or just find it takes way too much time they just sit there all night ticking hard ppt. It’s not like the enemy spent much time “upgrading them.” Earth keep reinforces almost instantly when you have the camps. Morning ppl get on see it and don’t even want to bother either so they log off as well. If you see this as healthy… then have fun playing by yourself sooner than later. Taking back your own BL shouldn’t be as hard as taking an enemy BL and it almost is especially with a couple defenders vs a small group. Auto-upgrades need a lot of work.

Well that is the feedback players are rarely giving, besides the word “suck” there isnt any feedback at all to take it seriously.
That is true taking the server bl back is the same as take the enemy BL due the upgrade system, enemy cap and leave to auto upgrade.

One solution i would propose would be that guildless towers/camps would not upgrade, and for upgrades it would be needed to have a guild player that owns the tower/keep to start the X upgrade manually.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

wvw got like little to no progression so anet took old progression and blocked it off and is trying to make you work for it again i guess lol

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

For a bunch of people that supposedly like to fight in WvW, you guys aren’t fighting very hard for these upgrades. Throw in the towel and RANT!

This is the forum I read the most but sad to say it is full of so much negativity, it needs a sub forum of WvW Rants, which would probably be 90% of the posts.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

It takes 6 hours for an objective to fully fortify if you make sure no yaks get to it. I haven’t done the maths, but I believe if an objective gets the max number of yaks possible it cuts that time in half? Or maybe less?

If you have absolutely no roamers or havoc groups taking any camps on your BL and sniping yaks and trying to retake towers and keeps, then yes you will come back to fortified objectives on your own BL. But this was true even before auto upgrade and has nothing to do with it.

Now the +5 complaint I fully agree with. Level 37 is way too high for something basic that should be available by level 10 or 15. 20 maybe at the highest if they don’t want to see a lot of one man guilds putting +5 on everything.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Someone in my 500man WvW guild calculated it would cost $770 IRL (according to 7000 gold) to get +5 buff.

This is not reasonable and that’s just one of the old guild buffs in WvW.

I have no clue how a small guild about 20-30 is going to decide to do that. WvW players don’t make huge amounts of gold ; the timegating and the gold sinks mean we won’t see the full ramifications of all the changes til at least 2-3 months in (I had one person calculate it to be 57 days at maxed mining).

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

This is the forum I read the most but sad to say it is full of so much negativity, it needs a sub forum of WvW Rants, which would probably be 90% of the posts.

Are you suggesting players should not post their opinions on the forum?

It is obvious that players who are completely happy with the game, are spending their time playing the game, and not reading/posting forum. I am sure 90% players never even visit the forums.

And yet, it is important to complain and demand changes because if you dont and I dont and nobody else does, then anet will never change anything as players are all happy the way game is.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

It takes 6 hours for an objective to fully fortify if you make sure no yaks get to it. I haven’t done the maths, but I believe if an objective gets the max number of yaks possible it cuts that time in half? Or maybe less?

If you have absolutely no roamers or havoc groups taking any camps on your BL and sniping yaks and trying to retake towers and keeps, then yes you will come back to fortified objectives on your own BL. But this was true even before auto upgrade and has nothing to do with it.

Now the +5 complaint I fully agree with. Level 37 is way too high for something basic that should be available by level 10 or 15. 20 maybe at the highest if they don’t want to see a lot of one man guilds putting +5 on everything.

Your first part is not true as enemies didn’t sit in every single objective to upgrade it. It also took longer as the upgrades used supply and rarely could you keep every objective with constant supply, especially towers. Also with the new layout sniping yaks is quite the hastle since they move fast and you have to run around a bunch of crap to get to them.

The +5 thing waste of time, it’s a joke.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

I have to agree that gating potentially critical functions to social cliques is quite a problem.

On many levels i agree with this point but on the other hand i do disagree strongly on one point, it removes the comradship within the community between guilds and pugs, both should be able to rely on one another and taking this off guilds would insulate them from the community entirely, you’d then see no reason for them to get involved outside of GvG’s assuming they exist anymore.

The problem is the combination of changes.

Making guild upgrades almost impossible to get ties in with making attacking objectives behind automaitc upgrades that much harder, with the smaller guilds who were vital to havoc squads of 5-10 players now have no option to help, ScS a guild on my server has been reduced to camping the southern camps on our border and just fighting there until they get outnumbered. That’s pretty much all they have and ScS have done everything they can to make it viable and are falling short, not through thier fault as they are dumping a huge amount of mats, time and money between them into these guild upgrades etc but it won’t be sustainable for other silimilar guilds as these guys are super rich and enjoy thier PvE whilst other WvW guilds feel they are forced to abandon WvW to achieve anything IN WvW which absolutely kitten about face.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Markus.9084

Markus.9084

I’m part of a small roaming guild. We are max 5 players at the same time, but we are ofter only 2 or 3 playing at the same time.

The new system hits us hard…

• 40 supply for a guild cata is too much (you need at least 3 players with 15 supply). With one cata, it takes longer to take a tower, and one player can see the white cross, go at the tower and build a arrow cart with the supply left in the tower (they are always full now) before the wall goes down…
  • Taking camps is now useless, because keeps and towers will be upgraded whatever you do.
  • Shrines are totally useless unless you have the keep which goes with them. It’s absurd for me : shrines should be something that weakens or strengthens the keeps. Right now it’s only a bonus for the defenders, and attackers can’t benefit from them. So useless for roamers.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Taking camps is not useless. It takes literally twice as long to upgrade if you get no yaks in. I hardly call that useless.

Taking the shrines benefits you by removing thier benefits to the enemy that they can use against you.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Punter.7648

Punter.7648

The new BL is all about having more people.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

^^^ This. Our small WvW havoc guild has now rolled up to the conclusion that we are no longer valued. Would we grind for a guild hall if +5 wasn’t so far out of reach?

Yes.

But looking at the time it will take with 5 or 6 of us, out of the question (last check from Guild2 to +5 requires more than 678 gold in materials). Right now to toss out 1 guild cata we NEED a minimum of 4 players. Groups smaller than 4 are no longer effective.

Our members also rep larger WvW guilds as well, but the havoc roaming is where we all had a blast. Several members are so down now that they’re barely on any longer. Even seeing our larger guilds working toward recovering what we lost, the time gates and guild levels mean it’s going to be a long road ahead…

That actually seems low to me. Does the calculation include the cost of Aetherium Capacity 5 and Claiming Stonemist Castle? Claiming Stonemist Castle is a requirement for the aura buff right before +5.

And yes, while taking camps and shrines is not useless. There is just something lacking in the payoff on specific level. Delaying something is just not as satisfying as preventing something.

Small man havoc was something you used to have to watch for and defend against. Now, you can pretty much blow them off.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

(edited by Sungtaro.6493)

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Xeno.4610

Xeno.4610

To the OP: I fully agree that the ridiculous requirements for guild WvW upgrades are a fail. But won’t agree, that it killed www guilds. Maybe it made life harder for small havoc groups with about 5 people wanting to flip not defended upgraded structures. But I think maybe it’s a good direction. I’d hardly call a 5 people group a WvW guild that has been killed by missing +5 upgrade…

Nevertheless farming SW shovels to get guild WvW upgrade is ridiculous dumb…

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

Yes.

I have very bad news for you on this front. Aura:Supply Capacity requires a Guild Level of 37 to research (plus several other tech items in guild research).

The cheapest set of upgrades I could find to get guild level 37 and meet the other requirements cost over 7000 gold.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Taking camps is not useless. It takes literally twice as long to upgrade if you get no yaks in. I hardly call that useless.

Taking the shrines benefits you by removing thier benefits to the enemy that they can use against you.

What I would like to see them do, if they are going to keep auto-upgrade in the game, is to make it dependent on how many camps you control.

The more camps you control the faster(current speed if you control all camps) it upgrades, and then trending down from there. If you control zero camps there is no more auto-upgrade.

Also, considering how powerful the new fortifications seem to be, it would seem that guild siege should be at least 10% more powerful than superior siege.

KILLED WvW Guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

To the OP: I fully agree that the ridiculous requirements for guild WvW upgrades are a fail. But won’t agree, that it killed www guilds. Maybe it made life harder for small havoc groups with about 5 people wanting to flip not defended upgraded structures. But I think maybe it’s a good direction. I’d hardly call a 5 people group a WvW guild that has been killed by missing +5 upgrade…

Nevertheless farming SW shovels to get guild WvW upgrade is ridiculous dumb…

In a close match this week. My guild should probably raid tonight. However, I look at how many shovels we need and I will be in the Silverwastes tonight.

Since I am the driver, we aren’t raiding. I can live without the one or two chests if it even makes a difference.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.