KISS leaving Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Nidhogg.2950

Nidhogg.2950

Yesterday the leader of KISS Alliance told Gunnars Hold that KISS is leaving. For those unfamilair with the situation, KISS was Gunnars Hold largest guild. More then just numbers however KISS also brought a very dedicated commander to Gunnars war effort.

Disaproval, the leader of KISS, doesnt seem to require sleep and could often be found online with his commander tag. Despite the rocky start with cooperation KISS has proven itself to be a reliable ally whom, despite their size, actively listens and cooperates with the smaller guilds on a server.

Other guilds and people have left Gunnars Hold before. Some we were happy to see go, others, like Darkreavers, are still missed. What sets KISS apart from most is that they didnt jump ship when Gunnars started losing, their leaving however will most likely see us drop down a bracket as right now Gunnars Hold has the outmanned buff on most battlegrounds, even during primetime. It speaks volumes for the quality and tenacity of our fighters that we managed to stay in this bracket with so few people, even with KISS present we often got the outmanned buff during primetime.

This evening Gunnars Hold has their weekly voice-comm meeting, all of Gunnars hold are welcome there. Despite this blow to morale Gunnars Hold community remains strong and some of the best people you can hope to game with.

Guildleader of Vitas, Gunnars Hold

(edited by Nidhogg.2950)

in WvW

Posted by: MadJock.8710

MadJock.8710

I am just a Kiss member, had no knowledge of the move until it happened and in no way speak for the guild.

I was sorry to leave GH, whether i stay with kiss on there new server remains to be seen, but i now know returning to GH while Anet let numbers dictate how much fun you have in WvW will not be an option.

I envy the servers that have fun match up every week, the last 10 weeks I maybe had 2 weeks of fun fights, BUT you are only getting that fun @ Prime time.

I can’t always play @ prime time and WvWing most other times on GH = outnumbered, sometimes the the point you do not have the ability to do anything apart from be fodder for someones Zerg.

Love Anet to explaine how this is meant to be fun for everyone, oh and lets not forget the All our time is equal comment. if 20 v 80 equal maybe some Anet developrs ned to try wvw on a small pop server

Good Luck GH

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Man I hate to see them leave, Our nemesis in GW pvp and ally in Gw2.
I guess Gunnars will have to be reborn again, and again

Dis and all Kiss Members, I thank you guys for some great fights and good direction.
and im sad to see all of you leave, may the other battle grounds give you more glory then Gunnars did.

Maybe we will meet again when guesting becomes available.
or on your ts

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: PaGaNiNi.6978

PaGaNiNi.6978

Whats their new server ?

Red Guard | Blackrhag

in WvW

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

US servers, Emhry Bay [at least it’s said in the other post.]

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Where did they go?

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetic.7653

Magnetic.7653

I’m not surprised, they put a lot of effort into wvw, why wouldn’t they try to find a greater challenge? All the best to them.

I’ve missed the past 2 GH meetings, but the general gist of the previous was always, ‘oh wait until the server populations settle… randoms will get better… more people will be using GH comms, etc’, yet never once has any sort of general, global strategy been spoken of (afaik).

It isn’t any wonder so many have left, and now with KISS we’re really going to feel it in regards to wvw.

The, ‘at least we always go down fighting’, is going to grow weary on those who would wish to not come last, eventually…

in WvW

Posted by: PaGaNiNi.6978

PaGaNiNi.6978

so why go too a US server even when so many servers having troubles having enough numbers in cet prime time?

Red Guard | Blackrhag

in WvW

Posted by: Skydda.3192

Skydda.3192

Don’t worry, we had the same situation a few weeks ago. However, proclaiming how many guilds leave etc doesn’t help. We managed to get people back together, fighting spirit came back… The few who stay will make the server a much better place in the end, because they are the ones truly loyal to it.
You can make it! We had some great fights against GH in the past and I’m sure it will be l ike this again.

in WvW

Posted by: I S U P E R S I N I.4761

I S U P E R S I N I.4761

Hi I am James/Disaproval, AKA leader of [KISS]. I post here today to confirm our move to what we would like to call: EBAY! lol Ehmry Bay. Anyway It was short notice, I have posted my reasons for leaving here:

http://www.sickalliance.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3391

NO hard feelings what so ever. I and kiss loved working with you guys, I am sure a good 300 KISS will remain on gunnars hold, I can confirm we did not jump ship to a winning server, we moved server due to the lack of population of gunnar’s hold, We fought with you guys long and hard between 10+15 hours on a daily basis. I will attend the meeting with Nid and co tonight @ the mumble server.

If anyone has further Questions for me, or would like to talk to me You are welcome on our Temp ts3 server: info is here.

kiss.typefrag.com:36670
username: [TAG]Name will do.

Best of luck to gunnars hold.

[KISS]~~Aurora Glade~~

in WvW

Skydda.3192

In my opinion this is still jumping ship. You won’t make a server more populated by leaving it with hundreds of members. Just my 2cents, and I’m not even on GH…

in WvW

I S U P E R S I N I.4761

Skydda, I am sure you wouldnt say that to any guild that has moved to your server of Aurora Glade. Please keep the negativity to yourself.

[KISS]~~Aurora Glade~~

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

there are three reasons to transfer

1) you aren’t getting any opposition what-so-ever of any calibre and are a wvw focused guild.

2) you want to move to win, jumping onto the up and coming server and riding out the victory by increasing their numbers further.

3) moving down to a lower bracket to prove that your wvw focused guild can make a difference.

I can understand the 1st, I think the 2nd is the signs of a guild that likes talking about its victories rather than playing and the 3rd I have a lot of respect for.

I’m not a member of KISS so I don’t know their reason but it seems strange to move from GH during a match up with Abaddons Mouth and Piken Square that was very close and offered good opposition. I’m also bemused by the move to a US server in the middle brackets where they are likely to play against lower populations.

I’d have suggested that if they wanted competition and a focus in developing WvW then Gunnars Hold (from what i’ve seen in the last 2 weeks) is the perfect server for a large guild?

oh well beats me

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Skydda.3192

Yes I would, because I am not okay with it on principle. As I said, that’s just my opinion, it’s okay if YOU don’t think you’re jumping ship… anyway I do, no matter which guild it is or which server it is they’re going from/to.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

moving down to a lower bracket to prove that your wvw focused guild can make a difference.

[..] I have a lot of respect for [this].

No. This effort to garner respect by moving to a lower ranked, but higher WvW population server doesn’t wash with me. It seems like an effort to appear “more moral” or “superior” to the other quitters, but it’s not, in fact, it seems even more pathetic. I’m surprised and disappointed, I thought more of them than this.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

so why go too a US server even when so many servers having troubles having enough numbers in cet prime time?

And where are they going to go? Top EU eng servers are Full almost the entire time. Some other EU servers are already full in prime time; and could use more off-time guilds (NA, Oceanic..) and not more prime time guilds. You said so many servers are having trouble even in prime time CET – which ones did you have in mind?

Moving to NA is logical if you want to WvW, as well as it would be logical for NA to move to EU. It’s just how things are atm.

Besides, being a GW1 player, I’m pretty sure Kiss players also have a lot of NA friends. Many of us from EU actually played on NA in GW1.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Kyus.3812

moving down to a lower bracket to prove that your wvw focused guild can make a difference.

[..] I have a lot of respect for [this].

No. This effort to garner respect by moving to a lower ranked, but higher WvW population server doesn’t wash with me. It seems like an effort to appear “more moral” or “superior” to the other quitters, but it’s not, in fact, it seems even more pathetic. I’m surprised and disappointed, I thought more of them than this.

I kind of meant moving to a bottom 6 server not moving to a server on the move. If large guilds 100+ in size want to prove themselves taking people out of the bottom tiers is the place to do it if they don’t want to stay wtih their home servers.

IMO though just stay where you rolled and organise organise organise..

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

I S U P E R S I N I.4761

Kyus I would agree with you, Although from our point of Few, we love the fight. We love the people on gunnars. It worked very well, It was simply way to low on population.

I can confirm, that KISS and myself would have been accused of Jumping ship to a higher ranked server like every other poor ranked guild wanting to be carried?

We did not want that.

We moved to the same Tier on US for a reason, They are even matched to gunnars hold on EU. We would not get the banter from EU players giving us rubbish talk about why we move, We and you would do whats best for your guild/community.

I know Gunnars would love some American east coast gamers/guild to join them, the sad thing is, USA have lame excuses of lag etc, so they are set in there ways.

The way I see it is, KISS was 90% USA based in gw1, We gave up roughly 1500 members from US when anet announced the EU/US server split. so if EU servers cannot get the support, KISS and its current 1200+ members can most definitely put on a good show for our self and the American gamers, mean while reclaiming some old school members.

for us we kill 5 birds with a brick.
1) No drama,
2) Still have to fight for our server KISS LOVE IT.
3) Night shift America.
4) We will manage to increase our membership as international KISS EU/US
5) the population issue is 100% fixed

6) we do not have to beat on Nidhog and Sheepie (Kidding) forget this one

Anyway I hope you understand. was lots of fun, but way to many guilds moved to winning EU server, KISS fought hard for gunnars for 2 months + since CIR, ThUN & DKR bailed to a high ranked server.

Just remember this: KISS moved to the same TIER as gunnars on US server, Its no progress in wvw for us, We have a lot of pve gammers to please also. However will now be able to Dent opposing teams in wvw, and sleep well at night knowing American’s will be awake deffending.

I hope everyone understands.

Regards Disa

[KISS]~~Aurora Glade~~

in WvW

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

It brought a smile on my face with the realization that, If all the guilds that left Gunnar’s so far returned we’ll be Top Tier in no time

Cheers James!
visited the Kiss forum today, looks really nice btw.

E.A.D.

in WvW

Kyus.3812

Kyus I would agree with you, Although from our point of Few, we love the fight. We love the people on gunnars. It worked very well, It was simply way to low on population.

I can confirm, that KISS and myself would have been accused of Jumping ship to a higher ranked server like every other poor ranked guild wanting to be carried?

We did not want that.

We moved to the same Tier on US for a reason, They are even matched to gunnars hold on EU. We would not get the banter from EU players giving us rubbish talk about why we move, We and you would do whats best for your guild/community.

I know Gunnars would love some American east coast gamers/guild to join them, the sad thing is, USA have lame excuses of lag etc, so they are set in there ways.

The way I see it is, KISS was 90% USA based in gw1, We gave up roughly 1500 members from US when anet announced the EU/US server split. so if EU servers cannot get the support, KISS and its current 1200+ members can most definitely put on a good show for our self and the American gamers, mean while reclaiming some old school members.

for us we kill 5 birds with a brick.
1) No drama,
2) Still have to fight for our server KISS LOVE IT.
3) Night shift America.
4) We will manage to increase our membership as international KISS EU/US
5) the population issue is 100% fixed

6) we do not have to beat on Nidhog and Sheepie (Kidding) forget this one

Anyway I hope you understand. was lots of fun, but way to many guilds moved to winning EU server, KISS fought hard for gunnars for 2 months + since CIR, ThUN & DKR bailed to a high ranked server.

Just remember this: KISS moved to the same TIER as gunnars on US server, Its no progress in wvw for us, We have a lot of pve gammers to please also. However will now be able to Dent opposing teams in wvw, and sleep well at night knowing American’s will be awake deffending.

I hope everyone understands.

Regards Disa

and that is an excellent answer to what I didn’t understand and I’d imagine it will clear a lot of the confusion up to people on GH.

best of luck

Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Will miss you guys! You were the living wall between the organized guilds that are few and the random people that are legion. you were legion and somewhat organized Im sure you will do a great job on Ehmry. Hope you will think of us sometimes and the good times we had wading knee-deep through bodies on Gunnars! =) Take care KISS!

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

I S U P E R S I N I.4761

Thank You Kyas, My last comment would be how disheartening it is for me and my guild being the only guys on late at night, knowing we would lose everything and constantly waist money/prints/time defending something that no one cares about in gunnars time gap of 3am-11am UK time.

None the less it was a pleasure working with the gunnars hold community.

[KISS]~~Aurora Glade~~

in WvW

Ianervan.3415

there are three reasons to transfer

3) moving down to a lower bracket to prove that your wvw focused guild can make a difference.

This is not what competitive guilds/players do. Not even those who just want more casual WvW. You will move somewhere where there are a lot of people who focus on WvW and competition exists. You will not move to the last tier where are people who kill raptors in WvW and there are no commanders in prime time. And no mature guild/player will transfer to “prove” something. Many guilds also like to be a part of the team/server, not just a one-guild-army.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

3) Night shift America.

Isn’t it early morning- late afternoon America?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-vicuO1b0s

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

As a former member of the KISS Alliance in Guild Wars, I have to say this is a GREAT guild. Ebay is lucky to get you. I was in KISS for more than two years, and have the greatest respect for the leaders and officers of the guild. It was a tough choice for me to go with Blackgate at launch with my friends but I agreed it was better to be on an NA server for my timezone. Wish you all the best of luck!

in WvW

Posted by: romerise.6942

romerise.6942

i guess they got tired of 10-15 Tup, tainted, hob, boon or 7th (and maybe a few other guilds) being able to wipe their turtle porting blob of up to 90 people… It is still jumping ship, taking the only very large semi-organized guild from a server that needed you. At least you didn’t come to piken..

in WvW

Posted by: Darkademic.2603

Darkademic.2603

In my opinion this is still jumping ship. You won’t make a server more populated by leaving it with hundreds of members. Just my 2cents, and I’m not even on GH…

Guilds should do whatever they can to ensure their members get the maximum amount of enjoyment out of the game. Unfortunately that can mean having to move servers. Loyalty isn’t given to hardware, it’s given to people, and surely those most deserving of loyalty are the members of one’s own guild.

Just need to point out we moved for the same reason as you. Blacktide was in tier 3 when we moved, and Gunnar’s Hold was in tier 4. It wasn’t for the ranking, it was for the activity (and because we were invited).

Guild Leader – DkR Dark Reavers
Creator/Owner – GW2 Guilds Index

in WvW

Skydda.3192

Guilds should do whatever they can to ensure their members get the maximum amount of enjoyment out of the game. Unfortunately that can mean having to move servers. Loyalty isn’t given to hardware, it’s given to people, and surely those most deserving of loyalty are the members of one’s own guild.

This is a good point. However, I didn’t mean to accuse the leaders of KISS, but rather the members in general. You can’t blame the leaders of a guild.
The topic of changing servers raised in my own guild, too, when AG was down and empty; however, in a poll, our members decided they wanted to stay, to make the server come to victory again and not just choose the easier path. I understand the reasons behind this, believe me, I am just too idealistic of a person to agree with that way of solving problems

in WvW

Posted by: vulneraria.4865

vulneraria.4865

a question, if you are european guild that love the fight, why go on a NA server where you do PvD?
the best NA guilds play 6 hours after you…

sUk Clan

in WvW

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Another guild going for some easy mode WvWvW, couldn’t have really been that good in the first place.

Hopefully while all the big guilds are bandwagon jumping to get an easy time, WvWvW doesn’t die out for the rest of us.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

. We would not get the banter from EU players giving us rubbish talk about why we move

I’m afraid, no matter the intentions, reasons or explanations you always going to get that.

I enjoyed fighting alongside KISS, good luck on your new server.

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Good luck in the US, Kiss. Was nice playing alongside you guys.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Badger.3816

Badger.3816

Any Kiss members not wanting to migrate to US servers playing against no one and being there off peak players are welcome on Blacktide as we played with a lot of you guys when we where on GH.

We will even house you in our guild www.the-unnamed.com, Its such a shame to see disapproval move to the US servers. He was such a brilliant commander and very nice to every one. He is going to be very much missed in EU ;(

in WvW

Posted by: Lilun.8732

Lilun.8732

In the case of EBay, our current opponent, Maguuma is pretty strong on the Euro times I believe. So KISS is gonna get some fighting in, at least for now.

Can’t complain as an EBayer.

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

Moving is perfectly reasonable. The good less casual guilds are going to progress to the top slots in search of like minded players and the challenges found there.

If you look at the scores each week the bottom 3-6 servers on each ladder are approaching the point of not contesting WvW, while certainly in Europe the population in tier 1 -3 is still relatively high.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

You left a server that was in the midst of a solid match-up, with great close fights to go have an easier time on an American server, fighting little to no opposition in the US night time hours.

You have to do what you have to do as a guild. But rather than spending the time and effort required to build a community, you opted to transfer to a server where you’ll have an easier run of things, and an easier time moving up the rankings.

Whether you care or not your actions have damaged the experience of those that have been fighting without in some very fun, and competitive match-ups.

You went for the Easy-moder option, which unfortunately a lot of guild choose to do, because they have the option of free transfers.

((as an additional note the competitive guilds who only compare about rankings transfer up the ladder no down, they are easy moders. The less competitive guilds that are in WvW for the fights and challenges will move down brackets because it is being able to play together and get challenging fights that is important to them. ))

If you play WvW as an organized guild to get fun fights, being stuck on a T1 server with horrible queues that prevent you from getting your guild into WvW it just doesn’t work.

As someone who plays WvW for the fights, I cannot understand why anyone would transfer offer after the fantastic fights we have had in the last 3 match ups.

in WvW

Ianervan.3415

Another guild going for some easy mode WvWvW,

Please stop with that. You know what’s easy mode? It’s all those casual people on bottom servers who login to WvW for 1 hour a week to kill raptors and want others to pour time into WvW and win for them so they get crafting bonuses. That’s easy mode.

Have you ever seen what stronger servers do? They use tons of their own money for siege equipment, for keep upgrades, for food/nourishments. Some even change their sleep schedule.

Easy mode is being on a low ranked server and preaching morality to competitive players and guilds who want nothing but competitive environment where others put in effort too, instead of switching/staying on low ranked server to “prove” something.

Competitive players/guilds have nothing to do on low ranked servers, it contradicts the competitive nature. The only reason why someone would be on low ranked PvE server is because there is no invisibility there, and thus you actually see people you’re fighting (which can be fun).

in WvW

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Another guild going for some easy mode WvWvW,

Please stop with that. You know what’s easy mode? It’s all those casual people on bottom servers who login to WvW for 1 hour a week to kill raptors and want others to pour time into WvW and win for them so they get crafting bonuses. That’s easy mode.

Have you ever seen what stronger servers do? They use tons of their own money for siege equipment, for keep upgrades, for food/nourishments. Some even change their sleep schedule.

Easy mode is being on a low ranked server and preaching morality to competitive players and guilds who want nothing but competitive environment where others put in effort too, instead of switching/staying on low ranked server to “prove” something.

Competitive players/guilds have nothing to do on low ranked servers, it contradicts the competitive nature. The only reason why someone would be on low ranked PvE server is because there is no invisibility there, and thus you actually see people you’re fighting (which can be fun).

Cut out that elitist crap, nobody here is impressed by you. Guilds are running into one nights resistance and jumping across to servers with more WvWvW Guilds so they can be carried by them. Staying on a server where the fights are hard and challenging isn’t easy modeing, what a fail attempt at justifying bandwagon jumping.

in WvW

Posted by: killimandros.5087

killimandros.5087

Sorry, but you dont know what easymoders are. Coming from WAR, the definition of easymoders, are players following successful wvw froups to swoop up free xp/loot whatever from the objectives said guilds capped. In gw2, easymoders are divided into 2. Players moving to successful realms to swoop up free xp/loot, or guilds moving over to higher ranked servers because they cant handle losing. The latter, is unique to gw2, and in WAR, these guilds would either fall apart, or just quit playing. In gw2, they have been given the opportunity to form bigger zergs, and when easymoders rejoice, the biggest zerg wins (and then the server with the smaller zerg gets left behind by easymoding guilds).
Funny thing is, you nailed down in the last part, the meaning with playing this game for any non easymoding-guild, you actually fight. Competitive guilds, make servers high ranked. The better servers have their competitive guilds from day one (Vizunah comes to my mind). But, I understand why someone from BT, from my definition, the very definition of an easymoding realm, need to justify its own realms success. (just wanted to add that im kinda confused why a guild like RG need to go the easymoders way, but then again who knows how Saccy thinks. CiR going that direction wasnt a real surprise, remembering how they reacted to a similar situation in WAR)The casual people will never stay at the bottom. The idea is laughable. Casual players will of course move as far up as they can come. How can they get their crafting bonuses from wvw if they are at the bottom?
And what do the strongest realms do? Initially the invite better guilds over to their realm. But in the end, the same realms will have queues making it hard for the organized guilds to even enter at the same time. Thats why the biggest realsm eventually cooks down to zerg vs zerg.
Easy moding is about preaching morale etc. So much crap in one text….your mom must be proud, cause you dont have a digestive problem at least. Funny thing is, the whole point you try to make, is so contradictive anyone with half a brain manage to see how fail your point is.
Fact: Tons of guilds move to the top servers. Is that because they are competitive? If the answer isnt clear to you, theres not much more I can add tbh….

(edited by killimandros.5087)

in WvW

Roo Stercogburn.9671

The core WvW guilds/players still on GH will give most a run for their money.

The only thing missing is numbers. One way or another that will be sorted as a community.

In terms of WvW, we’ve actually lost all the guilds that are difficult or need quick fixes and what remains are solid team players with a lot of loyalty to each other, despite being spread across many guilds.

The next step forward will be taken as a community.

There are only 2 outcomes next:

1) The remaining WvW players stay on GH. This means some tough times but a great core/corps of players.

2) The remaining WvW migrate to another server. Some other server just got really, really lucky. I don’t mean some ‘Big I Am’s just dropped by, but a core of people determined to work with any and all so that the overarching team wins and bring some very devious players to the mix.

I am unconcerned about our future. We just have some admin to take care of.

Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Velimirius.7018

Velimirius.7018

Oh competitive pro wvw guilds inviting other guild to their realms cuz wvw is really competitive, you finish first and what do you have from finishing first? nothing.

You invest dozens of gold and hard work to get first for what? Do you get any reward? Nope, couldn’t care less would some1 leave the server because of wvw which is nothing but gold and time sink.

Don’t let the door kick you at the exit.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

I hope is option one, never liked having to fall to a plan B, plan A is always the fun one.

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

in WvW

Posted by: Jupitus.4352

Jupitus.4352

Well, I have been pretty vocal and involved in the GH community projects and WvW efforts, and I for one would thank all of [KISS] and in particular Dis for their efforts on our behalf up umtil now. Guilds will move from time to time and frankly we should respect the decisions of each of them as players in their own right.

Good luck to [KISS], have a good time!

[MM]Jessopia – Soft and Very Squishy – Part of Gunnars Hold Community
www.gunnars-hold.eu

in WvW

Posted by: Gombie.3860

Gombie.3860

Piken Square dude here, and i have to say with you guys leaving i could see there being a struggle in the current bracket, especially against mass zergy servers like AM, and most of the guys i come across in gunners feel like a threat, and now this threat will greatly diminish. good luck guys.

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Never understood why Europe based guilds would want to switch to US server to play Player vs Gate.

in WvW

Posted by: Sojourner.6938

Sojourner.6938

For the folks in KISS who’d like to join our forums, you can find us here:

http://www.ehmry.com/

Welcome, one and all!

Odd Bodkins
Genius

in WvW

Posted by: Kiado.9362

Kiado.9362

We at Maguuma have been greeting these server hoppers all week.

Lujan Storm – Maguuma
The Pangolins Den [PANG]

in WvW

Roo Stercogburn.9671

I should have my next looney video ready by the end of the week all being well (only the music potentially slowing it down), which highlights some of the reasons to stay with the community and for potential newcomers to join us.

The Hills assault had me in stitches and is a perfect example of why GH can be horrible to fight.

Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Ianervan.3415

In gw2, easymoders are divided into 2. Players moving to successful realms to swoop up free xp/loot, or guilds moving over to higher ranked servers because they cant handle losing.

That’s both false.

If you move higher up rank you’re not going be getting easier xp/loot. Let’s say you have a decent guild. Where is that guild going to get more loot? On a server where there are only pugs running around in small to mid sized groups, without food, and PvE guilds / casual guilds – or on a server where that guild is going to fight hardcore enemy guilds/players?
As a player who was doing a lot of roaming, you can’t possibly tell me that moving from lower tier to higher tier is for easier xp/loot. Have you even played anywhere else but on your own server / current tier? I can tell you tier1 is no easier loot/xp. A lot of players from Vizu/Deso are dedicated thieves who know how to play. When I roam, I have to deal with these players, and not just upscaled lvl80 in bad armor. Also, their smaller groups use everything to their advantage; especially invisibility bugs.

Your second point is also wrong. You’re not going to move to higher tier to avoid losing unless you move to a server that is going to be #1 and you know it will stay #1. And these days that changes often. Tier2, tier3, tier4 and so on – all servers there have about 33% chance to win, and 33% chance to lose. Give or take. That’s a mathematical design of the game.

just wanted to add that im kinda confused why a guild like RG need to go the easymoders way

What? RG works hard to win in battles. Your definition of easy mode is complete nonsense. For you, someone who moves to more competitive tier is easy modding.

Easy moding is about preaching morale etc. So much crap in one text..

It’s true, just admit it. Who is here fighting and who is preaching in the forums and constantly insulting and demeaning others? You’re talking about easy mode and loyalty to server as if people bought GW2 with the mindframe: “Let’s marry our first server till death do us apart.” You do understand people bought GW2 to, you know, play it and have fun?

You talk about challenge and “hard mode”. Then why do you complain about guilds leaving? Why? You want hard mode, there you have it. Shouldn’t you be happy these guilds left so you have even less of easy mode? It doesn’t seem that way.

Fact: Tons of guilds move to the top servers. Is that because they are competitive?

It’s because:

More fun.
More challenge.
More opportunity to win.

Of course that some move to top servers to have more opportunity of winning (in every way). This is the definition of competitive player/guild. You play, in a way that will grant you victory. If you don’t play in a way that will grant you victory, you are not a (hardcore) competitive player. You are casual player. That’s all I have to say on this.

in WvW

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

Never understood why Europe based guilds would want to switch to US server to play Player vs Gate.

Because they are not playing vs. the gate. Just because a server is an NA server doesn’t mean every single player on it is NA based.

I can’t speak for other servers, but the last 2-3 weeks Ehmry Bay has done extremely well during US Pacific time later afternoons/evenings, but we were always “nightcapped” after our people logged off at around 1-2 am Pacific time.

In the fight against NSP their population that was doing the nightcapping wasn’t just a group of 5 people with a couple rams. Those were sizable groups of 20-30 players who would take the entire map while were were sleeping.

Please let me be clear, nightcapping is a game mechanic and I have no problem with it.

But the fact that it is happening is an indication for that there are opponents available during times when our main WvW population is sleeping or at work. EU based players, who play during their evening hours, play during US mornings/daytime. The very time when a decently sized group of opponents is available.

KISS moving to Ehmry Bay is our win and GH’s loss, there’s no doubt about that. But at the end of the day we do pay for the game we play, and as such it is up to each individual player how they want to enjoy the limited entertainment time they have. Until, if ever, Anet implements large restrictions when it comes to server moves and WvW lockouts players and guilds moving servers will be a fact of life.

Having said that, it would appear to me that you don’t pack up and move an alliance of perhaps thousands of players on a whim. As such it’s reasonable to assume that the KISS folks decided to make Ehmry Bay their new permanent home.

I would like to think that part of their decision which server to pick was influenced by the server community we have. If you look at our server forum at http://www.ehmry.com you will most likely agree that we strive to provide a fun and respectful gaming environment and that for at least the people who are present on the forum the player next to them matters even if (s)he doesn’t wear the same guild tag.

Having a strong, supportive, and entertaining community makes for better gameplay.