Kaineng Server good?

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: AimForThatFace.7814

AimForThatFace.7814

So at the moment I’m on Desolation and going to join my friends on Kaineng USA server. Are they good? I heard it going up quick in the WvW rankings?

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

It was the worst server in America, then a lot of people said, “Its okay, well help you out. No more tears.”

Now its on monster steroids and rampaging like Godzilla!

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Stand by for the replies you’ll get to this – everyone and their brother who we’ve steamrolled will have an opinion. Bottom line, Kaineng is a good server – very large percentage of the population does WvW, we love it. As far as good… well, to be honest, Kaineng hasn’t been tested yet. All of the servers that we’ve faced put up a fight for a few hours on reset night, then get steam rolled.

Next week should be a good test – looks like we’re moving up to NA T3, against Maguuma and Dragonbrand, both very worthy and battle hardened servers. Should be a great WvW week.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Skyblue.9358

Skyblue.9358

You can check the history score from here:
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Briefly speaking, Kain is benefit from transfers. Since we start to win in T8, general transfers come (for whatever reasons) → keep winning in next tier → more transfers

As a result, Kain dominate in from T8 → T5 now and go up 1 tier each week.

Winter Skyblue, Elementalist, Kaineng

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

It was the worst server in America, then a lot of people said, “Its okay, well help you out. No more tears.”

Now its on monster steroids and rampaging like Godzilla!

+1
I expect this is a troll thread but this post made me LOL irl.

If it’s not troll check the link in my sig, NEO is always recruiting active members and guilds. NA/Euro coverage is especially needed.

Cheers!

~Noctai

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

It’s up to you they are probably gonna be in tier 3 or 2 and stay there just because of their population. They haven’t really met any servers that can come close to matching them numbers wise so they have been steam rolling without much of a test. NA reset last night was a bit difference. We at Yaks and CD held them pretty close to us and at one point yaks had a higher PPT. However, we lacked the coverage and CD looks like it took a hit. Be ready for big zergs. That is what they are about from what I’ve experienced. They’ve got a lot to learn and I’d be worried for them if things don’t go perfectly for them as a huge chunk of their server is transfers.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Auriken.6805

Auriken.6805

Been in Kaineng for a month, and I gotta tell you, PvE boomed side by side with WvW. I’ve never seen so many people in the low levels til now. You won’t have trouble finding someone to play with, especially with guesting around the corner.

WvW queues are given for a WvW-focused server. I’ve had been in a couple queues when I was in Yak’s Bend when we were in T3. Nothing new to that.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If your friends are already on Kaineng, I would say go ahead and transfer. The game is best when you are playing with friends.

If you are all trying to decide still, I would look at a different server. Like Dhampyr said, Kaineng’s current WvW crew really hasn’t been tested. They are going to hit a wall in the next couple of weeks where their numbers just will not cut it and a large portion of their players are not ready for that level of competition. I don’t know what will happen then, but I’m glad I won’t have to find out firsthand.

Might be secondhand, though, depending on matchups.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Kiexcolo.2416

Kiexcolo.2416

Next week will probably be the real test. A pity (or lucky?) transfer ends before so…

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Kaineng current crew has been tested a lot in the top tier for the months since the game started. Anyone who thinks they’ll stop at T2 is deluding himself (baring another WM major trasfert or game leaving of course)

They are playing the zerg game, they are using the PuGs/Militia/as a force, training and feeding the, instead as a meat shield filler, like I’ve seen so many do unfortunately.

I don’t particularly enjoy seeing them there, since their departure literally destroyed my SBI – but if you are a casual and want to be well treated, you can rely on WM for that, the same way I did.

The queues though will probably get pretty nasty, after the new WvW reward system comes up. The reason WM and SBI could rarely win on reset nights was that they were not able to get their WvW crews in. This is the only thing that might stop them – being flooded from the inside. But it’s hardly possible at oceanic time.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

The flooding does indeed happen, both in NA and Oceanic times. Half of our guild was in queue for 1-2 hours on reset night. I know for a fact several other guilds had the same issue.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Just remember, transfers come in … transfers go out. Paid or not people will still jump ship when the going gets too tough for them again.

AR

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: milknnuts.8610

milknnuts.8610

In response to Earendil, as things stand right now, kaineng is a young server with a heavy mix of untested players and veterans. There’s more of the former. Sure we have the numbers to compete but skill-wise there’s a lot to learn. As it’s a mix-match population, sometimes you see siege positions in keeps where only a few are needed to defend; most of the time though, you only see a couple arrow carts maybe and people are just happy to zerg back and forth. Of course there are veteran guilds and players that have a good sense of what to do in wvw because they’ve been going against top competition for so long, but from what I’ve seen the general wvw population in kaineng still has a long way to go.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Bard.7215

Bard.7215

So people are mostly upset with good guilds from their own servers leaving for Kaineng because a small bout of domination? Or is it a belief that Kainengs success stems from “Free Riders” attempting to abuse the tier system to get more badges?

Sort of like building a sandcastle

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

I hope they’re not coming here for badges…b/c you have to have opponents for badges and we keep going up against small population servers :x

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

If you love wvw you would love Kaineng. They got a good mix of veterans and young players. They also got very good coverage in all times, so you don’t have to overwork yourself for the win.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Having killed lots of kaining, I can say they’re good. They keep coming and coming and coming.

My team can only do so much by repelling them. And when we went offline, where no one is able to defend, they still continue attacking. Got to admire consistency.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: erigais.6805

erigais.6805

bandwagon server with bandwagon players. expect it to hit rock bottom tier if war machine ever leaves.

[Sekz] Officer erigais AKA Weeaboo Hunter

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Godfather.8217

Godfather.8217

Let’s not confuse consistency with numbers, they keep coming because that’s all they are is numbers, they got a huge population and they can be anywhere, anytime.

fighting kaineng, I only saw zergs after zergs after zergs, you don’t even get a chance to see any tactical skill used at all, just simple bodies thrown your way, and yes they drop seige, but if you have so many bodies out there to protect it, why not right. Anybody can drop tons of siege and start firing when you have bodies to protect it, knowing those you are hitting isn’t going to be able to do anything about it. Organization? no, tactics? no. The one time I got to witness a small group running around, was lead by Jang, and I won’t go there, because i’m done with that.

Kaineng isn’t a good server anymore, perhaps in the past prior to transfers ruining it, maybe have some good older players prior to transfers, but overall it’s been destroyed, it’s currently being hand held to the top, with War Machines organized playstyle, lol yea what ever.

Syndicate of Shadows, Anvil rock
Darksavage – 80 Ranger Shadowena – 80 Thief
Darkside Syndicate – 80 Mesmer

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Wasn’t impressed

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Ninya.3942

Ninya.3942

Wasn’t impressed

This guy claims we’re all bad and he’s the greatest player to ever set foot on Tyria. I’m pretty sure the only thing that impresses him is himself. It’s kind of sad really if you go through his post history.

Elementalist Class Lead
Rethesis [RE] – Tarnished Coast
http://rethesis.com/

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Tandy.4781

Tandy.4781

Fighting them the last couple days I have noticed one thing. When in huge numbers they are steamrolling everything, but get them in small numbers and you can do whatever you want with them.

I had no problems taking out 3/4 all by my self on my mesmer, and when they finally killed me with 9 people…..they all danced and sat on my head and stuff like they had done something wonderful, (if it takes 9 of you to kill 1, you didn’t do anything great) which is just tacky. They have to be the most “emotive” players I have seen since launch.

Now of course this is just a random sampling, and not saying the WHOLE server is this way, but so far thats all I have seen. I am sure most of the skilled, good players are maybe sitting this week out, simply out of respect for the steamrolling their zergs are doing.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

AimForThatFace.7814

So what people are saying is this server in the long term will be bad because it is full of people who have just transferred and not WvW Guilds?

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

AimForThatFace.7814

Also I got a day left to decide to transfer to this server or not ):

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

So what people are saying is this server in the long term will be bad because it is full of people who have just transferred and not WvW Guilds?

Its a wvw server but im sad to tell you if it starts loosing the transfers will leave and it will fall tiers. With pay to transfer some might be forced to stay. So choose wisely. But if you stick around and they start loosing the real Kaineng will come out.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

AimForThatFace.7814

And I’m also on desolation server so is this a good server desolation?

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

AimForThatFace.7814

Its a wvw server but im sad to tell you if it starts loosing the transfers will leave and it will fall tiers. With pay to transfer some might be forced to stay. So choose wisely. But if you stick around and they start loosing the real Kaineng will come out.

Is there anyway to know this niw if wvw guilds will stay before fee transfer tomorrow

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Is there anyway to know this niw if wvw guilds will stay before fee transfer tomorrow

Not unless Crystal Desert and Yak’s Bend come out with ungodly powerful forces today, sadly.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Ninya.3942

Ninya.3942

It’s full of WvW guilds…that’s why we transferred there. And I love these folks who claim they take out 4-5 people and then get steamrolled, and everytime they have people dancing on them and stuff. I rarely see that kind of activity from people on Kain, and when we do we tend to tell people to stop it. As for all the rambos in here who claim they are the greatest players ever…keep thinking that

Elementalist Class Lead
Rethesis [RE] – Tarnished Coast
http://rethesis.com/

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Tandy.4781

It’s full of WvW guilds…that’s why we transferred there. And I love these folks who claim they take out 4-5 people and then get steamrolled, and everytime they have people dancing on them and stuff. I rarely see that kind of activity from people on Kain, and when we do we tend to tell people to stop it. As for all the rambos in here who claim they are the greatest players ever…keep thinking that

I flat out said I know its just a sampling and not the whole server, but I promise you it happened. I am nowhere near the greatest player ever either. But I have not had so many emoting over my dead body since the game launched as I have the last 2 days, and thats just a fact. I am however not involved enough in proving it that I will fraps it every time and post on youtube, so whatever.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

Fighting them the last couple days I have noticed one thing. When in huge numbers they are steamrolling everything, but get them in small numbers and you can do whatever you want with them.

I had no problems taking out 3/4 all by my self on my mesmer, and when they finally killed me with 9 people…..they all danced and sat on my head and stuff like they had done something wonderful, (if it takes 9 of you to kill 1, you didn’t do anything great) which is just tacky. They have to be the most “emotive” players I have seen since launch.

Now of course this is just a random sampling, and not saying the WHOLE server is this way, but so far thats all I have seen. I am sure most of the skilled, good players are maybe sitting this week out, simply out of respect for the steamrolling their zergs are doing.

To OP, watch out for sour grapes. ^^

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Tandy.4781

How can anyone take this sour grape seriously?

If I wanted to post sour grapes I would. Giving an honest appraisal of what happened isnt sour. I fully realize I was facing people who might never have wvw’ed before…..I know its not representative of the WHOLE server, and clearly said that. Just because you dont like what was said, does not make it “sour grapes”.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

AimForThatFace.7814

So would you advise to join Kienegg or not?

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Greenfox.8023

Greenfox.8023

Just a couple of quick and brief comments…

First, a bit of history… When WvW turned from daily into a weeklong fight, Kaineng started out at T8. Kaineng and their then-nemesis Devona’s Rest played against each other, working up to T5-quality fights for several weeks. We specifically targeted each other, with DR’s greater population often punishing K. Since neither server got enough points to move out of T8 (glicko-2 has some anomalies in last place), we both held each other in T8 for weeks. Once one of us moved up and we were only facing “real” T8/T7 servers, we both quickly shot up.

About that time, RE and WM moved in, along with a couple of other WvW guilds. They can (and have) spoken many times of their reasons for moving, but I like to think our WvW community was a big part of it. Between WM’s highly publicized move and our unreal scores on mos.millenium, we started attracting a lot of attention. We started getting a kittenton of transfers, both from opponents we faced and from other higher-tier servers. It got much worse on transfers this past week since paid transfers were announced. Since the T1/T2 servers are apparently full, we seem to be one of a few beneficiaries of being in the right place at the right time.

Kaineng’s WvW does not equal War Machine. Now don’t get me wrong – I absolutely love them. I’ve run with WM on reset night, and they’re very impressive and VERY tightly controlled in every aspect (Jang, I will never put down siege when running with your group again ). Many of the commanders on K have learned a lot from them about siege placement, defense and attack, choosing targets, and simply running from one place to another, and we continue to learn every week. WM is a fixture of Kaineng’s strong WvW community and will be sticking around for a long time. But they’re just one strong guild of many – now too many to name – and cannot be everywhere at once. We have good guilds and good commanders on every map. We run the gamut from large commanded groups to surgical strike squads, both attacking and harassing on EB and every borderland. And at every tier, we learn more as we face stronger and stronger enemies.

Overall, Kaineng has a strong WvW core which has been here for a long time, and we have a welcoming WvW community. Map chat is generally professional and task-oriented (and I ask any who come NOT change that). Many of us have a lot to learn, but we are focused and willing to learn.

But there’s some downsides to WvW on Kaineng these days, the first being the incredible queue times. I complained last week when the queue times hit 30 minutes on reset night. This week, it was more like an hour. And when any camp flips and there’s color on any map this weekend, there’s instantly a queue for that borderland. Also, the average quality may have gone down this week – I was noticing some incredibly sloppy play from our side on reset night. Don’t get me wrong, we have several top-tier people really making a difference, but I think we also have a lot of people bandwagoning in who still have a lot to learn.

Lastly, these past few weeks have required a lot of patience. We often have great battles on reset night, but once the maps get painted blue WvW is a rather boring place to be. I think this will get fixed when we rise up to the tier we’re supposed to be playing at, whatever that may be. Quality of play goes way down during the week as people, including me, level alts and we are forced to turn from strategic attacks to a mad rush to the action before the action goes away. Play quality in these situations is sometimes so bad that our bloodied and beaten opponents openly and not-so-kindly ask on the forums how we even mange to tie our own shoes.

Last week I was at least able to level up an alt by running from camp to camp, but this week, the camps are flipping before I can even get there… so back to sPvP and PvE for now.

TL:DR: Kaineng has a broad, strong core. But playing on Kaineng will require a lot of patience. If you want a long-term WvW home, Kaineng might work for you. If you are looking for great battles right now, I’m afraid you’ll want to look elsewhere.

Greenfox
- Soul of SoS – SoS Guilds -
— Kaineng Server —

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

AimForThatFace.7814

First, a bit of history… When WvW turned from daily into a weeklong fight, Kaineng started out at T8. Kaineng and their then-nemesis Devona’s Rest played against each other, working up to T5-quality fights for several weeks. We specifically targeted each other, with DR’s greater population often punishing K. Since neither server got enough points to move out of T8 (glicko-2 has some anomalies in last place), we both held each other in T8 for weeks. Once one of us moved up and we were only facing “real” T8/T7 servers, we both quickly shot up.

About that time, RE and WM moved in, along with a couple of other WvW guilds. They can (and have) spoken many times of their reasons for moving, but I like to think our WvW community was a big part of it. Between WM’s highly publicized move and our unreal scores on mos.millenium, we started attracting a lot of attention. We started getting a kittenton of transfers, both from opponents we faced and from other higher-tier servers. It got much worse on transfers this past week since paid transfers were announced. Since the T1/T2 servers are apparently full, we seem to be one of a few beneficiaries of being in the right place at the right time.

Kaineng’s WvW does not equal War Machine. Now don’t get me wrong – I absolutely love them. I’ve run with WM on reset night, and they’re very impressive and VERY tightly controlled in every aspect (Jang, I will never put down siege when running with your group again ). Many of the commanders on K have learned a lot from them about siege placement, defense and attack, choosing targets, and simply running from one place to another, and we continue to learn every week. WM is a fixture of Kaineng’s strong WvW community and will be sticking around for a long time. But they’re just one strong guild of many – now too many to name – and cannot be everywhere at once. We have good guilds and good commanders on every map. We run the gamut from large commanded groups to surgical strike squads, both attacking and harassing on EB and every borderland. And at every tier, we learn more as we face stronger and stronger enemies.

Overall, Kaineng has a strong WvW core which has been here for a long time, and we have a welcoming WvW community. Map chat is generally professional and task-oriented (and I ask any who come NOT change that). Many of us have a lot to learn, but we are focused and willing to learn.

But there’s some downsides to WvW on Kaineng these days, the first being the incredible queue times. I complained last week when the queue times hit 30 minutes on reset night. This week, it was more like an hour. And when any camp flips and there’s color on any map this weekend, there’s instantly a queue for that borderland. Also, the average quality may have gone down this week – I was noticing some incredibly sloppy play from our side on reset night. Don’t get me wrong, we have several top-tier people really making a difference, but I think we also have a lot of people bandwagoning in who still have a lot to learn.

Lastly, these past few weeks have required a lot of patience. We often have great battles on reset night, but once the maps get painted blue WvW is a rather boring place to be. I think this will get fixed when we rise up to the tier we’re supposed to be playing at, whatever that may be. Quality of play goes way down during the week as people, including me, level alts and we are forced to turn from strategic attacks to a mad rush to the action before the action goes away. Play quality in these situations is sometimes so bad that our bloodied and beaten opponents openly and not-so-kindly ask on the forums how we even mange to tie our own shoes.

Last week I was at least able to level up an alt by running from camp to camp, but this week, the camps are flipping before I can even get there… so back to sPvP and PvE for now.

TL:DR: Kaineng has a broad, strong core. But playing on Kaineng will require a lot of patience. If you want a long-term WvW home, Kaineng might work for you. If you are looking for great battles right now, I’m afraid you’ll want to look elsewhere.

Thanks for the much texted reply. So if I understand correctly Kaineng is good at WvW, it a WvW server but problem is that there no competition until we move up to the tier that is equal to us, is this correct?

Also what the server like for PvE, dungeon ect are they populated.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Kaineng seems to have decent organisation, but I wasn’t too impressed individually. Dragonbrand, Maguuma and Ehmry had better individual players in my opinion, and more flexible strategies.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

As with anything, of course there is no competition if you are not fighting ones at your level. Kaineng’s rise is very swift, but they will meet rivals of equal population and skill. They might just have what it takes to make the top tier, but their progress through Tier 2 likely won’t be as swift as their ascent thus far.

However, the largest threat to Kaineng is Kaineng.

Now, before I continue: I am not a member of Kaineng, but I am on a server that has been in a similar position. Our server was backed by multiple strong guilds (and as with Kaineng’s War Machine, there was one that people seemed to think was the SOLE guild doing the job), and we enjoyed great successes. Indeed, our successes were so great that people flocked to our server in droves.

That was the problem, of course.

Queue times rose to multiple hours. Everyone wanted in on the action. The main guilds had hard times getting enough of their own in, and harder times trying to direct the masses who were just riding the wave of success.

Eventually, for whatever reason – and I’ve heard no less than FOUR theories and don’t even care which one is true – the main guilds left. After a couple losses, the “bandwagon” left.

Kaineng is going to have to deal with queue bloat – it already has, but starting tomorrow, it’s certainly going to worsen. I detest people who just want to ride the coattails of success, but I know that’s what many are doing, and today will be their last chance.

Second, I have heard that the guilds like War Machine have been inviting other guilds to join them in their ascent. I do not know how true or successful that is, but if it is any degree of either, that further influx will add to the queue bloat.

From here, I can only speculate:

Transfers will now cost Gems to enact. This will stop frivolous server-hopping, except by anyone rich enough to throw good gems after bad. It will NOT stop a planned guild jump. I do not know the character of War Machine, so I cannot say if they’re a fair-weather guild like the one in my server was. But if they are, they would plan out a move – probably to a low-ranking server, since transfer prices will scale by population, and since it gives them someone new to raise up. (Balthazar send it’s not my server, if they are that kind of guild.) Other, smaller guilds may choose to jump if queue times keep them from participating in WvW – the reason they allegedly transferred to Kaineng. Meanwhile, most bandwagoners will probably not want to pay the transfer fee, and will be left behind.

This is only speculation, of course. I’m basing it on what I saw on my server, and I cannot know for sure it will play out on Kaineng. However, just from reading this thread (and a couple others), I can see that queue bloat, at least, is already an issue.

Like I said at the top – Kaineng probably has what it takes to compete in Tier 1, but may face a greater threat from within.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

So the question was; Is Kaineng a Good Server? I assume you mean to ask if Kaineng is a good server to play on. I’ve only ever played on Kaineng, so my answer is YES it is a good server to play on.

I’d advise you to ask the people who actually play on Kaineng, and ignore the sweeping generalizations and flames posted by those who have only ever played against us, but not for us. Or better yet ask your friends who are already there.

TC

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Deano.7913

Deano.7913

I decided to leave Kaineng myself a while back. It is not what it once was. I don’t really enjoy shooting up to #1 (if they make it). I’d rather just remain competitive in the tier I am in. Steam rolling is not fun.

[WP] Wisenheimer Prime | Guild Leader
Polyhistor Serpente – lvl 80 Elementalist | Crystal Desert
http://www.twitch.tv/polyhistorsl

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Xeeron.9254

Xeeron.9254

You will know the answer to your question next week:

Kaineng is scheduled to go up to T2, where they will meet SoS, BG or possibly SoR. In any case, they will have a real fight on their hands.

Everyone knows that WM is one of the best guilds in the game. Next week, we’ll know how good the rest of Kaineng is.

Xeeron – Strike Force

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Greenfox.8023

Thanks for the much texted reply. So if I understand correctly Kaineng is good at WvW, it a WvW server but problem is that there no competition until we move up to the tier that is equal to us, is this correct?

That’s pretty much it in a nutshell – we’re not correct for this tier. Until we find the tier right for us, we don’t really know how everyone will react under pressure. But most of us who have been in the Kaineng WvW community for a while are eagerly looking forward to it.

Lots of great comments and observations

Queue bloat is a definite problem right now, and it really got bad this past reset. We’re not all getting in where we need to be. And it’s especially bad because for the past few weeks, there hasn’t really been large-scale competition past the first several hours of the WvW week – if you miss it it’s gone. I don’t really know what it would be like if we had to continue fighting past reset night, but I’d like to think that we could generally get in with our guilds and commanders without too much problem during the rest of the weekend and into the week. Some queue = okay, long queue = not okay.

We’ve not had paid transfers in this game before, so it’s hard to know what it will do. I do believe it will provide some resistance to any mass guild exodus. Any guild who becomes frustrated over the next few weeks will stick it out for at least a couple more weeks before transferring, and that will be doubly true for guilds who have been on Kaineng long enough to help us get where we are now.

I don’t know the character of everyone in our battlefields right now, but I know that WM, RE (and the rest of the excellent guilds in the NEO Alliance), SoS, ONI, and many others will stick it out. Yeah, I’m missing a lot of great long-term and transfer guilds here and in my description above – there’s too many to name them all, so I won’t even attempt a complete tag-drop here

My guess is that we’ll see a lot of the problems you describe, but I’m hoping that once the kitten hits the fan (yuck!), the people who drop first will be the PvEs, casuals and fairweathers, giving the more hardcore and casualcore players prime spots in WvW.

Greenfox
— Kaineng Server —

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

I feel a bit sorry for Kaineng server if they have nasty queues already. When February WvW patch hits and people come back, casuals give it a try the queue times will be insane.

However I feel even more sorry for servers they get ROFLstomped by them because their ranking has been borked

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Kellnor.5428

Kellnor.5428

If SoS, Bg, and SoR are in t2…. That just leaves t1 to JQ!

I like the way this thread is going

On a serious note, we’ve been watching kainengs ascent from bottom tier and are very interested to see how things play themselves out. Keep up the work!

Commander Kell Swiftfire, Jade Quarry
Co-Leader & Defensive Strategist of Empërium [EMP]

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

AimForThatFace.7814

Okay. I’m in the EU and joining Keinegg to night before the paid transfer come in!! I get to play with my friends as well.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Kellnor.5428

Kellnor.5428

On a separate note…..

After a while, if you stay in the top tiers, you’ll grow to love queues and resent nearly anything but a full battle ground.

Commander Kell Swiftfire, Jade Quarry
Co-Leader & Defensive Strategist of Empërium [EMP]

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Greenfox.8023

You will know the answer to your question next week: Kaineng is scheduled to go up to T2

I’m not sure if I’m scared or excited by this right now. But I think we’ll have our first good eye-opener from this.

A lot of us really are ready and waiting to prove ourselves in T2. But I saw a lot of bandwagoners in WvW this last reset night who are most certainly not ready right now. I guess we might know sooner rather than later how they will react. If enough of them train up and get serious or move on to greener pastures in the dungeons, we’ll be fine… but it may take several days for them to do that.

Greenfox
— Kaineng Server —

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

Posted by: Apok.1623

Apok.1623

Jumping to T2 is going to be a huge, huge, huge shock for most.
Bandwagoners will definately help with numbers, but the organization that takes place in T3+ is just so indescribably different than anything in the tiers below, 10 fold. But I’m sure most of you know that.

Really excited to see what happens here. Train is about to smash through/get smashed by a wall I think many people chose to not see coming.

Much respect though!
Good luck.

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

ghtchill.7613

How can anyone take this sour grape seriously?

If I wanted to post sour grapes I would. Giving an honest appraisal of what happened isnt sour. I fully realize I was facing people who might never have wvw’ed before…..I know its not representative of the WHOLE server, and clearly said that. Just because you dont like what was said, does not make it “sour grapes”.

So what does any of what your are saying have to do with what it is like to play on Kaineng as a server? Seriously! The OP is not asking what you think Kaineng is like to play against in WvW, he’s asking what it is like to play on Kaineng. See the difference there. Too subtle?

Put it this way. seeing as you have never played on Kaineng (I would assume), you really have no way of presenting any honest answer to the OP, do you?

TC

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

ghtchill.7613

Jumping to T2 is going to be a huge, huge, huge shock for most.
Bandwagoners will definately help with numbers, but the organization that takes place in T3+ is just so indescribably different than anything in the tiers below, 10 fold. But I’m sure most of you know that.

Really excited to see what happens here. Train is about to smash through/get smashed by a wall I think many people chose to not see coming.

Much respect though!
Good luck.

I say we all jump on the current T3 match up thread and cheer on FA! It would actually suck to skip a tier, not only because it’s exponentially tougher for our present level, but because we would miss our match up with Mag and DB. I really want to play both of those servers in T3.

TC

Kaineng Server good?

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

Kaineng would be in T2/T3 next week. So things will get much tougher very soon.