Keep Lord Location Bug is a Big Problem

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The Keep Lord spawning well outside the circle of a keep can make taking a keep nearly impossible when it is heavily defended. YB in T1 found this out last night first hand. The Keep Lord was well away from the circle. At times fully outside the keep. Because of this our Q’d map could not defend both the Keep Lord body and the circle at the same time from JQs Q’d map. If we split our forces, JQ zerged us down. If we unified they would either hold the circle or rez the keep lord.

This issue is compounded now that the tactivators are in full effect. It is hard enough to breach a T3 keep while it is being actively defended by a Q’d zerg but add on the defensive tactivators such as the Dragon Banner and the feat becomes extremely difficult. Even if a server can overcome that, the keep lord being well away from the circle makes it all but impossible.

The only option is to drag the keep lord back into the circle which we were slowly doing as the night progressed but eventually players got frustrated and left over the situation.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: jason.9548

jason.9548

Well well well.. Yaks bend couldn’t siege up and were forced to fight open feild? The real problem with this game is that defending an objective is extremely easy with siege, and that people hiding in keeps with arrow carts are not a viable strategy when they don’t have keep:).

in WvW

Posted by: jason.9548

jason.9548

I’ll do it again tonight

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Well well well.. Yaks bend couldn’t siege up and were forced to fight open feild? The real problem with this game is that defending an objective is extremely easy with siege, and that people hiding in keeps with arrow carts are not a viable strategy when they don’t have keep:).

In this case, JQ took the keep during off hours, upgraded it then sat on it with the help of BG. As for open field, fighting in a T3 keep controlled by the enemy is the exact opposite of open field.

Not sure how any of this is relevant to this discussion.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: FORTIFIED.8106

FORTIFIED.8106

we just wiped because, keep was way out on the green side inner and we went from the back, so frustrating. sometimes lord spawn outside after keep is taken and runs even further outside of the keep on the blue keep even if we kitted him back in the keep. this has been going on for months now.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

we just wiped because, keep was way out on the green side inner and we went from the back, so frustrating. sometimes lord spawn outside after keep is taken and runs even further outside of the keep on the blue keep even if we kitted him back in the keep. this has been going on for months now.

I have seen this bug in towers, keeps and camps but so far it has been generally annoying. Last night it was demoralizing and game breaking to some. With all the new tactivators coming to fruition and pirate ship fighting, this bug can become infuriating and actually cause players to quit WvW even if only temporarily.

BTW, I cannot fault JQ for taking advantage as I am sure any server would.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

The Keep Lord in that keep is notorious for being more outside than inside. That’s one of the prices to pay for being green.

jk jk :p

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

This is a bug thats gone on for a very long time, tower lords being outside a tower, keep lords being outside a keep, garri lords going outside watergate etc etc, ofc anet wont bother to fix it, more important a dragon gets to turn its head then fix a dying gamemode.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Best one is keep lord at the fire keep spawn on top of lava, so it dies to lava repeatedly. It’s really amazing bugs like these have not been fixed 3 months into the expansion.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Best one is keep lord at the fire keep spawn on top of lava, so it dies to lava repeatedly. It’s really amazing bugs like these have not been fixed 3 months into the expansion.

I haven’t seen that one… that is particularly bad.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

The Keep Lord spawning well outside the circle of a keep can make taking a keep nearly impossible when it is heavily defended. YB in T1 found this out last night first hand. The Keep Lord was well away from the circle. At times fully outside the keep. Because of this our Q’d map could not defend both the Keep Lord body and the circle at the same time from JQs Q’d map. If we split our forces, JQ zerged us down. If we unified they would either hold the circle or rez the keep lord.

This issue is compounded now that the tactivators are in full effect. It is hard enough to breach a T3 keep while it is being actively defended by a Q’d zerg but add on the defensive tactivators such as the Dragon Banner and the feat becomes extremely difficult. Even if a server can overcome that, the keep lord being well away from the circle makes it all but impossible.

The only option is to drag the keep lord back into the circle which we were slowly doing as the night progressed but eventually players got frustrated and left over the situation.

This was just ridiculous last night. No one had to kill the Lord, he was already dead by the fire.

Anet’s use of boundaries and random places for Supervisors and Lords has become a costly joke.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Working as intended. Camp supers, tower lords, keep lords, they are all revolting, calling their Unions, and boycotting the place the devs make them call home.

So what is the problem again?

Edit: What, do you think this is just unique to your server? It is game wide.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

Maybe the SMC lord will join the raptor floating way up in the air? That would be epic.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Only time the Lord are at the right spot is at reset. Rest of the week you find him pretty much everywhere. Very often he is outside on the keep/tower and we can farm champ bags all day long due to that. Other times he is at the gate were he can be killed whilst taking the gate down. The worst spot i seen was last week when we found him on top of the supply depot inside of a tower, i mean how the hell did he even get there?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Only time the Lord are at the right spot is at reset. Rest of the week you find him pretty much everywhere. Very often he is outside on the keep/tower and we can farm champ bags all day long due to that. Other times he is at the gate were he can be killed whilst taking the gate down. The worst spot i seen was last week when we found him on top of the supply depot inside of a tower, i mean how the hell did he even get there?

Spider lord!
Spider lord!
Does whatever a spider lord does!
Can he swing from a web?
No he can’t
He’s a lord
Lookout!
He is the spider lord!!