Keep and Tower Gold Deposit

in WvW

Posted by: Kromulous.4291

Kromulous.4291

Make a gold deposit function at keeps and towers’ quartermasters. Someone drops in some dosh and it’s secured in the keeps’ gold supply. Purchasing keep upgrades comes from the gold supply first, and the player’s pocket second. If a keep is captured, the money it its gold supply is divided into the invader’s event reward.

in WvW

Posted by: rndmize.9274

rndmize.9274

I strongly approve of this idea. Saves the trouble of spamming /team for donations to get a waypoint upgrade, for example.

Jade Quarry | Feign Disorder | Guardian
Interested in discussing WvW strategy? Contact me in-game.

in WvW

Posted by: Taka.3957

Taka.3957

Or just give people the ability to pay a portion of an upgrade.
Example:

A waypoint costs 1g. Instead of just hitting Upgrade and paying the entire 1g, make it say “Deposit 5s”… once 20 people (or 1 person, clicking 20 times) deposits 5s the upgrade starts.

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

All of these are great ideas.
In general, I see no reason why we can’t use the stuff we gather from lumbering and mining for reinforcements in some way. Why should supplies that come from an apple orchard apply to fortifying walls, and the 50 iron I mined not apply? Surely, iron is better for tough doors than apples.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

Or just give people the ability to pay a portion of an upgrade.
Example:

A waypoint costs 1g. Instead of just hitting Upgrade and paying the entire 1g, make it say “Deposit 5s”… once 20 people (or 1 person, clicking 20 times) deposits 5s the upgrade starts.

This is the best idea I have seen about this.

SOR – [Boss]