Keep claiming trolls

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

I know this has be posted about before, but with the advent of $10 accounts there are now a lot of cross server trolls and spys who will claim keeps without any buffs running and never let them go, or players that order upgrades that burn supply. Simply allowing keeps to automatically revert to unclaimed after 15-30 minutes, just like siege despawns if not refreshed. Yes, trolling could still occur but this would allow for some control over things. I would be really nice if there was a note of who ordered upgrades as well, just like siege as well, so we could at least track down trolls and spys, and in the case of people who simply don’t understand why buffs are important if you are claiming a keep or tower, we could try to help them understand. As it is, there is no way to know who is doing this stuff….

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

For the claiming, I think a better solution would be either allowing multiple guild to claim a structure or let a guild that has more/longer buffs active override a guild’s claim.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

This has been going on since release and no easy fix to many of these problems as “Play your way” Stopping spying? good luck with that.

Siege trolls report them as bots so a GM can come and look at the situation.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

This has been going on since release and no easy fix to many of these problems as “Play your way” Stopping spying? good luck with that.

simply requiring a 30 refresh on claiming would solve 90% of the issues… can’t be that difficult to code in, and it is a lot worse now since $10 accounts…

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

simply requiring a 30 refresh on claiming would solve 90% of the issues… can’t be that difficult to code in, and it is a lot worse now since $10 accounts…

I see some problems with a refresh timer though. One, is who’s going to have more time to camp that lord when the timer goes down? Commanders and scouts in that map that are going to be preoccupied with fights and running around and maintaining a structure, or the troll that is not taking WvW in that bl seriously and just there to mess with a server. Also, some fights go for well over 30mins with the lord not in a reasonable place to rez and reclaim. What happens there?

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

JediYoda.1275

Like I said no easy fix to these issues and if there was Anet would have done something about it long time ago.

30 minutes refresh timer was proved too be a bad idea in the past as it required players to constantly camping the siege and not giving them time to go fight or retake supply camps. It’s why we have 1 hr timer now. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Siege-timer-1/first#post2085613

It’s possible that some of these new accounts don’t know and just want to get their guild banner shown for all to see.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

For the claiming, I think a better solution would be either allowing multiple guild to claim a structure or let a guild that has more/longer buffs active override a guild’s claim.

This and/or a structure can only be claimed if the guild has active buffs. It could be also automatically unclaimed, when the buffs are running out.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

JediYoda.1275

This and/or a structure can only be claimed if the guild has active buffs. It could be also automatically unclaimed, when the buffs are running out.

Honestly most of the time the only buff I see on a keep is +5 supply, rarely I ‘ll see a keep with other buffs on. This has been the case with every seerver I’ve played on in few different tiers with big WvW guilds caliming the keeps, towers etc.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

I think I like these ideas to be available ‘simultaneously’:
1- Up to 5 different guilds can claim a keep.
2- Claims expire for a specific guild if that same guild claims another objective (like it is now)
3- Claims expire after a certain amount of time, like 60 minutes. I think 30 minutes requires too much babysitting upkeep.
4- Claims can only be made with a buff activated.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

It should at least lose claim if +5 supply buff runs out.

JQ subsidiary

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: BigBadMofoNWolf.1674

BigBadMofoNWolf.1674

Honestly most of the time the only buff I see on a keep is +5 supply, rarely I ‘ll see a keep with other buffs on. This has been the case with every seerver I’ve played on in few different tiers with big WvW guilds caliming the keeps, towers etc.

Also, you can only claim if you have guild majority. Such that, if you have only yourself, or equal numbers as another guild in the keep / tower / camp, you cannot claim it. So, if you do not like spies and such doing such a silly / frustrating thing to your server, and if you have a big enough server, have some body babysit the lord / supervisor, and figure out which toon is claiming these locations to frustrate you so. Just an idea, that way you can report them or be able to keep a better eye on this person / these persons.

Food for thought.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

BigBadMofoNWolf.1674

2- Claims expire for a specific guild if that same guild claims another objective (like it is now)
3- Claims expire after a certain amount of time, like 60 minutes. I think 30 minutes requires too much babysitting upkeep.

5. Must be a commander with a tag up. This would also allow people to notice the character on the map, such that they will be given away if they are being a troll, such as what this whole thing is about.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Wintuo.1356

Wintuo.1356

The must be a commander would be an issue as it isn’t very hard to farm the gold for a tag these days. The best option so far anyone has stated would be to be able to override someone else’s claim if you have more wvw related buffs active than the previous claim.

Win Two Ohhh lvl 80 Human Mesmer
Guard the Guild lvl 80 Norn Guardian
Outlaws and Vagabonds(LaWz) on TC

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

BigBadMofoNWolf.1674

The must be a commander would be an issue as it isn’t very hard to farm the gold for a tag these days. The best option so far anyone has stated would be to be able to override someone else’s claim if you have more wvw related buffs active than the previous claim.

I feel like if your commander tag is up, and you have majority, as it is now, you should be able to override another claim. Because, then your guild would have to actually run the other buffs when most every guild only really runs +5

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Seems like a tough nut to crack. It seems there is an equally negative draw back to all of the suggestions. I thought I had some ideas myself. But every idea I can come up with, has its draw backs as well.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Don Zardeone.8730

Don Zardeone.8730

What about multiple claimants?

Have as many guilds claim it as they want. A troll with no upgrades claims it? No problemo, other guilds add their claims and upgrades.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Have as many guilds claim it as they want. A troll with no upgrades claims it? No problemo, other guilds add their claims and upgrades.

Yeah but the flags dude! One of the things I like about keep claiming is having my guild colors on it.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Don Zardeone.8730

Don Zardeone.8730

Yeah but the flags dude! One of the things I like about keep claiming is having my guild colors on it.

Whichever guild adds the most bonuses gets to have their flag shown. And if it is a tie, whoever added their bonuses first.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

A GM?

We haven’t seen an GMs in game in over a year.

If we had GMs in the game we’d have less problems but we don’t, so we do.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

We have a GS in WvW extremely regularly. He also posts here with information about how to deal with troll.

I have PM him personally and had a respose from him every time. Simply because you have not encountered him personally, doesn’t mean he is not around. He has arrived especiallyon our map in an iinvisible state and resolved the issue.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

There should be a voting system to remove a unbuffed claim like removing a member in your party.

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Wintuo.1356

Wintuo.1356

Lot of good options out there being tossed out, but so many of them can be trolled if x server has enough that disagree with a particular map group and want to hinder them. So best option is still to let a guild with better buffs override another claim.

Win Two Ohhh lvl 80 Human Mesmer
Guard the Guild lvl 80 Norn Guardian
Outlaws and Vagabonds(LaWz) on TC

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

What’s “better buffs”? More buffs than the previous guild or a type of buff that outranks another?

Supply capacity > Vit/Tough/Prec/Pow?
Vit/Tough > Prec/Pow?
Pow > Prec?
Vit/Tough/Prec/Pow > MF/Exp?
Swiftness? +10% Vit? +10% Healing?

No matter how you try to fix it, it will make it worse and waste previous buffs to boot. I’m sure lots of guilds will enjoy having their buffs wasted.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

hmmmm. I think the best option would be a 1 hr timer, like siege. Yes it can still be trolled but at least there is an opportunity once an hour to change the claiming guild.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

No buffs = expire

That alone would fix a good bit.

But letting multiple claims work, would let 2-3 guilds have claims with different buffs. But expire with their buffs per above.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Omie.4519

Omie.4519

These trolls need to be stopped at all cost.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

JediYoda.1275

A GM?

We haven’t seen an GMs in game in over a year.

If we had GMs in the game we’d have less problems but we don’t, so we do.

I’ve seen them but not on regular basis but they are out and about, I have no answer as to why you haven’t seen one in awhile.

proof right here GM’s taken care of people
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/GM-Proheals-is-running-around-WvW/page/2#post4933155

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

OR… people can simply claim right as they capture as the “most guild members capturing” rule dictates. If they leave it up for grabs, oh well. They pay for their lack of organization with unknown guilds/trolls.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

lol at ppl from mag going on sbi server and spamming #magswag

Bad Elementalist

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

atheria.2837

The problem hasn’t gone away. This is just a few days ago and I will not start another thread – ongoing and destructive and mean.

Having a siege troll made the difference in score – if one just looks, anyone can see that the score at reset coming in four or less hours was so close that anything “disruptive” could have tipped the balance.

It saddens us all to see such people who hate others enough to destroy their hobby time.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I actually logged into my YB account to see who this person was (and then used the trebs to successfully defend against an FA attempt at garri) – is counter-espionage match manipulation too? I have my suspicions but won’t be naming names here. You shouldn’t really post that video here either, but send it into exploits@arena.net and let ProHeals take care of it.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

There should be a voting system to remove a unbuffed claim like removing a member in your party.

Your signature made do the sensible chuckle.
I wish my server had a Furry WvW guild. <:C

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I think no.4 is a good idea; I mean certainly it can be abused, but it is logical that you should upgrade something you claim.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

atheria.2837

I actually logged into my YB account to see who this person was (and then used the trebs to successfully defend against an FA attempt at garri) – is counter-espionage match manipulation too? I have my suspicions but won’t be naming names here. You shouldn’t really post that video here either, but send it into exploits@arena.net and let ProHeals take care of it.

Under a cover of secrecy?

We’ve waited for “help” and asked for it dozens of times – not one single “report” has stopped the siege troll.

The game is in danger of being abused, I thought this forum was for all to know what is happening on their servers and to communicate that to others so they can watch out for abusers and report them, which again, hasn’t helped in the two plus weeks we’ve had this person taking every last drop of our supply and changing the score massively.

Three times I can think of our properties being taken and we had no siege and no supply.

If the problem isn’t fixed within a day or two of the first reports, I believe that it is right and proper to show proof that the problems are not being addressed.

This is a community and more than one in every single server are doing everything they can to disrupt and destroy WvW for all – until these people are stopped from their destructive actions what else can we do?

Nothing.

We can do nothing except hit the report button which never, ever has any way to show the person reporting that any right and logical action has been accomplished to stop the person who wants all to suffer – laughing all the way because they know no one will do a thing to them unless and until someone posts a video and gets the attention of someone who can do something – who will do something.

Many servers deal with siege trolls in one form or another. For some it’s rams, for others it’s trebs but for all servers dealing with this issue one thing stands clear, the problem isn’t getting better, it’s getting worse.

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

if server transfer prices did not cost more than the price of the game on sale
there might be less multiple accounts . and over all less spying …

but as it is now if u want to change servers it is better to wait for the game to go on sale and get a new account that comes with more character slots

Keep claiming trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

How about this: The guild with the most members actively on the map and present in the structure can over-ride the claim. “We’re here right now, whomever claimed it isn’t, it’s ours” No over-riding if the guild that claimed it has greater presence on the map, but if not, let a guild with greater members present enter the structure together and stake their claim. Makes more sense to me that the people actively on-line and present get to use their buffs than the people who logged off 12 hours ago or left the map.
Would also like a way to get the name of the claiming guild rather than just the emblem on the banners, say perhaps the structure’s “Lord” could tell us when spoken to?