Kicking offline party members - Fix?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaosx.2471

Chaosx.2471

I love this game, and I appreciate all the hard work the Dev’s do, and all the great content Anet provides us gamers, but sometimes I just wonder what’s going on up in HQ. A simple thing like being able to remove offline party members in WvWvW should be able to be fixed within one patch. This issues has plagued the game since the Beta weekends. in fact, I remember reporting this issue during Beta several times.

Can we please get an official response on this? Is this intended? Is this a bug? Will it ever be addressed? Are the developers aware of this issue? If so, is there an ETA on a fix?

I look forward to a day when we do not have to start our guild WvWvW reset nights by reminding people to remove themselves from party when they log out

Thanks Anet!

Sinner – GM & Commander
[CYN] Cynical – http://cynicalgw2.com
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by Chaosx.2471)

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

This is my biggest headache in WvW.

Multiple times we’re remaking parties every night to kick people that logged out and since you can’t right click names you have to manually reinvite everyone (unless they happen to be in your area, in which case you have to physically find them in the game) everytime.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Yeah, this must be the Y2K bug of this century or something because Anet won’t even acknowledge it.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

OMG! This is a big problem every time I play. I have to re-party 10-20 times per my playtime.

Please ANET, I don’t think you need 600 people on this problem. If you can do this in PvE then I’m sure this is just a copy-paste program code.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

They are releasing a TP gem item that allows you to kick players from grps. Watch out for may28th patch.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Agreed, very annoying defficiency.

They are releasing a TP gem item that allows you to kick players from grps. Watch out for may28th patch.

Thats a joke right?

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

Oh, this is very annoying indeed! Disband the party and make new ones all the time, if a fellow player forgets to “leave party”, before logging off. I wonder how hard is for ANET to fix the issue. If it’s not hard then probably it must have slipped away from their attention, so please keep this thread alive.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

100% support this.

I don’t understand why we can’t have the same UI party options in WvW that we do in ANY PvE zone. Basic things in WvW like inviting people to a group, removing offline people and sending people a tell.

This far past launch and they haven’t even fixed stuff people noticed in BW1?

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

Just to let you know, if theres no queue, you can get one person to restart their client, when they log back in they can immediately right click the party members to kick them, before they rejoin wvw and get bugged again like everyone else.

I know its not a real fix, but can be easier then recreating entire party.

in WvW

Chaosx.2471

100% support this.

I don’t understand why we can’t have the same UI party options in WvW that we do in ANY PvE zone. Basic things in WvW like inviting people to a group, removing offline people and sending people a tell.

This pretty much sums up my frustration. Obviously the code exists, it’s nothing ground breaking..I just don’t understand why they can’t implent it in WvWvW?

Sinner – GM & Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Just to let you know, if theres no queue, you can get one person to restart their client, when they log back in they can immediately right click the party members to kick them, before they rejoin wvw and get bugged again like everyone else.

I know its not a real fix, but can be easier then recreating entire party.

Why restart the client? you can just hop into the mists and do the same.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

Shhhh! What are you saying? Are you crazy?
Fixing an annoying and persistent problem when they can introduce new mechanics for the players to give up on mastering their skills as for example superboom arrowcarts annndd traps? No way no way, fix is not required.

Anet wants a flock of sheeps instead of improving players ;D
/sarcasm mode off

Ok sorry for the burst :P yeah, this problem is really really annoying. And it’s really incredible that in months it has not been fixed at all. I wonder if devs sometimes play www with people, they would see how much a small issue like this can be annoying for the players.

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I’m sure a dev will come here say “Can you give more detailed info about this?”

and i will go crazy.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I hate having to zone into LA to kick someone from party who either doesn’t know or doesn’t care about this…

in WvW

Chaosx.2471

I hate having to zone into LA to kick someone from party who either doesn’t know or doesn’t care about this…

Ya, we really shouldn’t have to do this

Sinner – GM & Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Reform the party. Yes, it sucks, but you don’t need to leave the area to remove a player. Leave party, right click join, and you party should be reformed in less than 10s… easily accomplished while moving to your next target.

If you are with guild mates or friends, educate them to leave the party before they leave the map.

I can see why it’s not a big ticket item for Anet to address when it is easily worked around by the players.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

(edited by Esprit Dumort.3109)

in WvW

Chaosx.2471

I can see why it’s not a big ticket item for Anet to address when it is easily worked around by the players.

It’s not that it’s difficult, it’s more that it’s iconvenient. The fact that the ability exists in all other aspects of the game other then WvWvW just does not make sense.

Sinner – GM & Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

It’s not that it’s difficult, it’s more that it’s iconvenient. The fact that the ability exists in all other aspects of the game other then WvWvW just does not make sense.

If they do fix it, I hope it fixes the bug that doesn’t show all of my party (happens most in LA). Same deal, you can log or map to fix, but still inconvenient.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Chaosx.2471

I wasn’t aware of that bug, but I agree, I hope they fix that also

Sinner – GM & Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Chaosx.2471

New patch coming down the pipe!! Maybe THIS one will include a fix for being able to kick offline party members in WvWvW!! hopes

Sinner – GM & Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: lilcoffeebean.3149

lilcoffeebean.3149

Reform the party. Yes, it sucks, but you don’t need to leave the area to remove a player. Leave party, right click join, and you party should be reformed in less than 10s… easily accomplished while moving to your next target.

If you are with guild mates or friends, educate them to leave the party before they leave the map.

Your first sentence addresses why it should be corrected though. As you said “it sucks”. It’s clearly not working as designed and should be a relatively trivial fix, considering it works as intended in all other aspects of the game. I am a firm believer that you should correct your existing product before expanding upon it, but that’s just my opinion and I am sure others disagree. Either way though, it would be nice to see some amount of time given to this to correct it, which will be one less inconveniance for players in WvW.

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion.
Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who.
Lilcoffeebean~Yak’s Bend~Perfect Dark [PD]

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

100% support this.

This pretty much sums up my frustration. Obviously the code exists, it’s nothing ground breaking..I just don’t understand why they can’t implent it in WvWvW?

The code does exist but WvW seems to be on the bottom of the dev priority list. I don’t understand how basic functions like inviting, sending a tell and removing people through the UI don’t work in WvW. This far past release it really shows the support for WvW….

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Its deeper than that. Its how their server design is built. WHen you are in WvW you are not on your home server and I suspect all the problem lies with that fact. It probably doesnt have an easy fix, and its a relatively minor bug, so it will probably go unfixed for a while longer.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Chaosx.2471

Its deeper than that. Its how their server design is built. WHen you are in WvW you are not on your home server and I suspect all the problem lies with that fact. It probably doesnt have an easy fix, and its a relatively minor bug, so it will probably go unfixed for a while longer.

Last time I checked though, I was able to whisper people on other servers, invite guild members on other servers, and kick offline party members who are on other servers…
This still doesn’t explain why they can’t use that same code and apply it to WvWvW

Sinner – GM & Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

With the last patch, all you need to do is go to the area, where he logged out and target it with arrow carts. He will not only be kicked from your group, his whole account will be transfered to WoW.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Chaosx.2471

New WvWvW patch May 28th…still no mention of being able to kick offline party members

Sinner – GM & Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

It’s only an outline of major news. It might appear in the patchnotes anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

+1 to this topic.

PLEASE fix this. Have to re-form parties multiple times every night.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Last time I checked though, I was able to whisper people on other servers, invite guild members on other servers, and kick offline party members who are on other servers…
This still doesn’t explain why they can’t use that same code and apply it to WvWvW

I would like to point out that when you are in WvW you are on another server without using the guesting feature.

So no, its not the same thing as instanced/otherserver/etc.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I don’t really want to hear excuses or explanations or justifications anymore.

All I want is basic UI functionality (like kicking a person from the party, for Pete’s sake!) when I play the game. Fiddling with changing maps and dissolving groups of 4 people to add 1 is beta.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Calico.9780

Calico.9780

yeah, annoying little Bug. I understand thats not a “high priority” thing…. but pls ANet, for the love of the six Gods of Tyria, FIX IT ALREADY. Almost a year since the first open Beta and we still have this Bug.

[AI] Anima Immortalis
Commander – Elona Reach Homelands

in WvW

Chaosx.2471

I would like to point out that when you are in WvW you are on another server without using the guesting feature.

So no, its not the same thing as instanced/otherserver/etc.

When you are in WvWvW it’s the same as being on overflow server, so you should retain the ability to pm people on the guild roster, and remove offline party members, etc.

Sinner – GM & Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Lepew.7890

Lepew.7890

It would be nice if the name of a party member not on the same map as you or offline were to gray out. That way you could quickly know who was gone. Also it would be nice if you could right click a grayed out name and click “are you coming back”. The “are you coming back” would put an “are you coming back” popup on that player’s screen, with a yes or no button. Clicking no would disband them. Clicking yes would retain them. Not responding to the button for 1 min would disband them.

Active players zoning for reason would be able to stay in the group. Inactive players or players who are quitting could be prompted to leave.

McDingus – DDLG guild – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Just another problem in WvW that wont be fixed anywhere in near future. Just deal with it.

in WvW

Chaosx.2471

Just another problem in WvW that wont be fixed anywhere in near future. Just deal with it.

Giving up wont help the issue.

Sinner – GM & Commander
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

At this point of the game; not having a basic function like removing an offline party member in WvW is unfathomable.

Please resolve this.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

Signed, I absolutely hate when someone goes offline in my party in wvw. If we could kick them it would be amazing. Vote to kick option.