Kickstarter: Upgrades Anet Servers !!!

in WvW

Posted by: Kai.9182

Kai.9182

Won’t do any good, they will just hire more artists and make town clothes for the gem store.

What do artists and the gem store have to do with server lag? Oh that’s right. Nothing whatsoever. This, along with many other comments in this thread, are incredibly out of touch with how software development actually works and the limitations that exist in reality.

Artists designing items for the gem store or other content for the game has no impact on network programming or engine programming. They’re different parts of the team. Like with culling, this isn’t a simple issue that merely requires people throwing money at it. It requires a lot of time and resources to fix. The network programming for this game is incredibly complex.

Clearly an anet artist in disguise. Go make some more hoodies and backpacks for carebears to buy.

in WvW

Posted by: adoslaw.7091

adoslaw.7091

All they have to do is unpark the cores and turn aero off!

Aurora Glade Invader [UNTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Malyck.1930

Malyck.1930

lol the servers will cost millions not just a few thousands, good luck with a kickstarter for that lol

Well Mark Jacobs just raised 2.2 million on Kickstarter for his new Camelot Unchained MMO.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Isn’t that the guy who lost EA over $1 billion with Warhammer?

Yep, he was the lead when WAR was launched. Not sure he was totally responsible for the entire debacle, I am sure EA owns some of the blame too.

Malykx – Warrior
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I’m also sure nobody in EA told Jacobs to make his classes so complicated that he could never balance them. I played a Bright Wizard and then a Marauder later on in war… Yeah, none of that in GW2. Seems people always look right past the good to the bad in these games. Anyone remember every fortress fight ever in that game? Suddenly stonemist don’t seem so awful. At least the game don’t crash.

in WvW

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Because I’m studying software engineering and Networks is part of that and servers at that capacity cost millions…

Study harder and program more efficiently. The amount of load and bandwidth is not nearly in that range.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer