Kill/lootbag farm at Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Heard that some guys team up and farm eachother like in Skyhammer. All hit eachother, then jump off a cliff,WP, run back, pick up lootbags, repeat.

They claimed to get ~1k kill/ hour depending on the number of players participating.

Is this legit?
I guess this does not count as match manipulation, because no server gets points from OS kills.

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I often hop directly to OS to pop off guild catas because it loads faster than EB/BLs and a least 2 or 3 times week I’ll see players from SFR/Deso doing it if theyre matched up. It’s disgraceful.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: Chronos.1046

Chronos.1046

Disgraceful? Maybe, legal? yes. Flawed game design? You bet ya. Of course we’re going to milk the kitten out of this, especially since the loot rewards in WvW are terrible in comparison to PvE content. But OS farming won’t just benefit the ones doing it, material prices will drop eventually so every starry eyed legendary lover can get those t6 mats at low cost, or hell they may even find out about it and join in on the farming.

Now I’m not sure how long this will last, it’s been going on for quite some time, but considering Anet’s stance on World vs World in general it will probably take a year before they even review solutions to end the farm, ie. soon™

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Who cares? If Anet cared, they would just disable loot drops from players in OS (which would probably kill off what’s left of the gvg scene).

At least they are doing something to earn the loot, which is a kitten sight more than most chest runners and afk’rs in SW do to earn theirs…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

they may even find out about it and join in on the farming.

That’s exactly where i am, tempted by the lootbags, will maybe even join in. The only thing i’d feel wrong about it is getting the Ultimate Dominator title in (maybe)less than a month, while people are doing hardcore wvw for years to get it.

in WvW

Posted by: nevertrending.5632

nevertrending.5632

The only thing i’d feel wrong about it is getting the Ultimate Dominator title in (maybe)less than a month, while people are doing hardcore wvw for years to get it.

I doubt wvw folks care much about achievements, for me it just means a player played a guard in SFR EoTM. This farm has been ingame since the very start so if they actually did, they would have chosen this way cause it’s faster, if Anet tells me I get an achievement for getting from LA to Divinity Reach it doesn’t mean you have to walk the whole route, how is thinking outside the box a bad thing. If you wanna suffer thought it, be my guest, none is going to stop you, but I’m still going to chose the most efficient way, especially since I don’t care much about wvw.

To answer some questions though, the events usually don’t last long, about 30-60min cause we hit Diminishing Returns and leachers multiply. We usually get 2-3k+ kills in that amount of time and there are about 4 events a day, so no, it’s not happening 24/7 in OS. We read the TOS a few times, this doesn’t seems to be any kind of exploit, an organised raid if anything.

Hey SFShinigami.2015 /o/
For someone who calls this disgraceful we sure see you there a lot somehow ^^

Deso – [EX] Ex Ritualist

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

when a player gets killed, doesn’t his loot/reward value go down for a while?

if you kill the same guy repeatedly in a short amount of time, you’re not gonna get anything from it other than a kill count going up somewhere.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

and a spike ;-)

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

The only time ive seen people in there doing was when watching a twitch feed and it was way more than a few people it was an all out slaughter fest, but the person streaming was in Queue for a map, and infact all the maps where Q’d so yea.

We don’t see this on NA at all, but then NA WvW is nothing compared to EU WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Who cares? If Anet cared, they would just disable loot drops from players in OS (which would probably kill off what’s left of the gvg scene).

What? You think people GvG for loot? lol…

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

To answer some questions though, the events usually don’t last long, about 30-60min cause we hit Diminishing Returns and leachers multiply. We usually get 2-3k+ kills in that amount of time and there are about 4 events a day, so no, it’s not happening 24/7 in OS. We read the TOS a few times, this doesn’t seems to be any kind of exploit, an organised raid if anything.

Did I say it was gvgs doing it? This isn’t gvgs, this is loot and kill faming- but killing off all loot in OS would be the fastest fix to the problem which would also make what’s left of the gvg scene even smaller.

It’s a shame that Anet never developed what would have been the best pvp in the game, which would have been proper gvg maps between 10, 15, or 20 man teams with ladders, etc. GvG in gw1 was awesome for the first few years and yet gw2 totally failed to take that on board.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Did I say it was gvgs doing it? This isn’t gvgs, this is loot and kill faming- but killing off all loot in OS would be the fastest fix to the problem which would also make what’s left of the gvg scene even smaller.

You said it would kill the GvG scene if they disabled loot. That’s just absolute nonsense. No GvGers care about loot in OS. Disabling loot wouldn’t make a lick of difference to GvGers.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

We read the TOS a few times, this doesn’t seems to be any kind of exploit, an organised raid if anything.

If you’re trading kills, it can be viewed as match manipulation and you could be banned for it.

It’s not really policed though.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: nevertrending.5632

nevertrending.5632

We read the TOS a few times, this doesn’t seems to be any kind of exploit, an organised raid if anything.

If you’re trading kills, it can be viewed as match manipulation and you could be banned for it.

It’s not really policed though.

I see where you are coming from, but there is a flaw in that logic, there is no match to begin with, you can’t win or lose, especially since the kills don’t contribute to wvw score. Viewing a situation from a broken perspective to make a point doesn’t mean that point will be valid, it will just be a point along the line, but you are right, if Anet would decide to twist words and say tomorrow that what we’re doing is wrong, we’d have to stop, but it would still be a butchered rule they placed upon us as a superior cause they didn’t like how their game was played, not cause what we’re doing atm is wrong.

Deso – [EX] Ex Ritualist

(edited by nevertrending.5632)

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Who is the guild leader of this farm guild? I want to be invited on my main account

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Disgraceful? Maybe, legal? yes. Flawed game design? You bet ya. Of course we’re going to milk the kitten out of this, especially since the loot rewards in WvW are terrible in comparison to PvE content. But OS farming won’t just benefit the ones doing it, material prices will drop eventually so every starry eyed legendary lover can get those t6 mats at low cost, or hell they may even find out about it and join in on the farming.

Now I’m not sure how long this will last, it’s been going on for quite some time, but considering Anet’s stance on World vs World in general it will probably take a year before they even review solutions to end the farm, ie. soon™

If it just affected WvW, I’m sure — as you say — they don’t care. But if it begins to significantly affect mat prices, I’m sure they’ll swoop in and do something over the top like remove OS from the game.

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

The only thing i’d feel wrong about it is getting the Ultimate Dominator title in (maybe)less than a month, while people are doing hardcore wvw for years to get it.

I doubt wvw folks care much about achievements, for me it just means a player played a guard in SFR EoTM. This farm has been ingame since the very start so if they actually did, they would have chosen this way cause it’s faster, if Anet tells me I get an achievement for getting from LA to Divinity Reach it doesn’t mean you have to walk the whole route, how is thinking outside the box a bad thing. If you wanna suffer thought it, be my guest, none is going to stop you, but I’m still going to chose the most efficient way, especially since I don’t care much about wvw.

Hey SFShinigami.2015 /o/
For someone who calls this disgraceful we sure see you there a lot somehow ^^

Yeah, I log in my eu account roughly the same time every day to farm guild catas. I do so on my laptop which means long load times on almost every map. Traditionally OS is extremely faster in this aspect, so thats where I go. I am usually using my main computer to play my NA account while I wait for the cool down to kick off the 2nd cata. So yes, I am there a lot, every day in the hour before dailies reset or so, for about 10-20 minutes depending on how much I’m paying attention to it.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

If it just affected WvW, I’m sure — as you say — they don’t care. But if it begins to significantly affect mat prices, I’m sure they’ll swoop in and do something over the top like remove OS from the game.

Sadly, this is what I’m afraid of the most. Anet doesn’t gently fix/adjust things when it comes to WvW; they throw a nuclear bomb at it. With the new borderlands map coming which will surely get 99.9~% of whatever time the WvW team has, exploiting an old, outdated map that only the players care about? Nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

Sounds like a GvG…

in WvW

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

No. Clearly, they are achievement hunters. This is the only way to get Ultimate whatever, and if they manage to get that, they are welcome to it.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I just threw up a little.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

But OS farming won’t just benefit the ones doing it, material prices will drop eventually so every starry eyed legendary lover can get those t6 mats at low cost, or hell they may even find out about it and join in on the farming.

Only if your method beats the inflation. Which it most likely won’t.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

Not only is loot terrible to begin with they also managed to kill the rewards for map completion in the Bl’s. Just another way Anet shows it’s affection to WvW players.

in WvW

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

send me an invite. i wanna get a precursor.

in WvW

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

Inb4 PvE people have more UD titles than most of the dedicated WvW people

in WvW

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

ud titles will become a pve title.

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

PvE have their SW chest farms, Dungeon farming, achievement hunters etc etc, PvP have their sky hammer farms and decap/recaps, and WvW have recently come up with a few events a day farming in OS. If any were to get a Nuke dropped on it out of convenience, weather it have any infringement on rules or not, we all know which one will get it first. And the guys are right in saying there is no matchup manipulation taking place, to do this in the Borderlands/EBG/EoTM’s would be a different story altogether.

I see this no different than someone standing in a particular area farming raptors/ettins to get raptor/ettin slayer achievement. They get loot from these too and eventually get diminished returns. Get and achievement at end of it. Whats the difference? it’s not for long periods.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Let me guess, this was probably desolation players idea.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

more like 1k kills in 10-15 minutes (just tested it)

this needs fix

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Just go in there and hit them before they die

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Maybe i get some kind of gold reward, because i reported lot’s of these botters today.

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Maybe i get some kind of gold reward, because i reported lot’s of these botters today.

Or you get banned for abusing the report feature. This is the same as Skyhammer for PvP so nothing will happen to this guild. Otherwise they would have to start banning skyhammer server users, too.

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Or you get banned for abusing the report feature. This is the same as Skyhammer for PvP so nothing will happen.

Nah i get precursor because i make anet work easier. If i see bots running around in orr same route whole time i report them. Same thing in obsidian sanctum.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

As of Jessica’s post 6 months ago, kill trading is not a reportable offense.

What is the reason for that mechanic?

The purpose of this mechanic has always been to mitigate spawn camping, kill trading, and as an added benefit, it also discourages botting.

The threshold of time before a player is worth WXP (and now also XP/Loot) has not changed, and is low enough that it is almost always the case that a player’s death will award WXP and loot in the time it takes for them to run from a portal keep to a nearby objective.

So good luck with that (she still works at Anet, feel free to take it up with her). Also, note the lack of loot/WXP/XP upon instant respawn in OS. The kill trading is purely for achievement farming, and I’m sure any who get UD from this will be named and shamed ingame. Participate at will, but know you’re running the risk of gaining a crap rep for doing so.

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Or you get banned for abusing the report feature. This is the same as Skyhammer for PvP so nothing will happen.

Nah i get precursor because i make anet work easier. If i see bots running around in orr same route whole time i report them. Same thing in obsidian sanctum.

Difficult to run different routes if its only 3 steps from the waypoint to your destination

in WvW

Hexin.5603

So is this happen in OS right beside the waypoints in that pit area? Everyone just jumps down and spams buttons … die /res and return?

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

So is this happen in OS right beside the waypoints? Everyone just jumps down and spams buttons … die /res and return?

Yep.

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Brilliant … no downtime. I bet they set up BL trade posts and merchs too. I can’t help but laugh at this one. It’s not match manipulation, just a bunch of respawnable heavy loot bags

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Yes, there were merchants and magic find banners when I visited this farm earlier today.

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

It’s a cross server guild that runs a 1 hr event where everyone gets a share of the loot from killing each other. I’ve only been able to make it to it once because of my time zone, but it’s a barrel of laughs. Loots is so so and farming for the achievement is kinda irrelevant since it awards so few APs.

Most of those involved are largely PVE players from Deso, Gandara, SFR so it’s only relevant when those three are fighting each other. There might be an expansion into other servers in time.

Personally, I can’t see myself doing it that much. Maybe once or twice a week just for something different

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Bored players on blob servers need something to enjoy themselves I guess. I dont care if they get titles, ap or lootbags anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: lightson.2310

lightson.2310

Too be fair i don’t see what the fuss is all about.

On SFR with practically every map queued during prime time and on most days, and the same for Deso its not like you are missing anyone or losing out on numbers.

And if they wan’t to kill farm who actually cares? Its not hacking, game breaking, not affecting the TP, Nor is it ruining the gaming experience of others (too my knowledge) the most AP they get is like 10 (not 100% sure on real AP), and a title if they farmed it enough, and they can’t farm WXP because you don’t give WXP for a certain amount of time after you died, and lets be honest do people still care about their WvW rank?

If you don’t like that kill farm, and this is just a suggestion, don’t go to OS then! They won’t gank you if you want to go to the arena or to do the JP., cos they’re all too busy fighting in the mosh pit .

Sven – Ele
[Re][Crng][vE]
https://www.youtube.com/c/SvenGw2

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Too be fair i don’t see what the fuss is all about.

On SFR with practically every map queued during prime time and on most days, and the same for Deso its not like you are missing anyone or losing out on numbers.

And if they wan’t to kill farm who actually cares? Its not hacking, game breaking, not affecting the TP, Nor is it ruining the gaming experience of others (too my knowledge) the most AP they get is like 10 (not 100% sure on real AP), and a title if they farmed it enough, and they can’t farm WXP because you don’t give WXP for a certain amount of time after you died, and lets be honest do people still care about their WvW rank?

If you don’t like that kill farm, and this is just a suggestion, don’t go to OS then! They won’t gank you if you want to go to the arena or to do the JP., cos they’re all too busy fighting in the mosh pit .

they can farm quite a nice amount of wxp actually considering that it is just a side effect of the kills+loot farm

you get
tons of Drops of Liquid WXP and Thimbles of Liquid WXP…
+ TONS of levelups (skillpoints are worth something too)
+ tons of Heavy Loot Bags
+ tons of greens/blues which salvage for a not bad amount of linen too
+ many rares too

probably 20g/hour + wxp + titleprogress

oh… and you better remove that “WvW Kills – 140k” from your Signature because its meaningless by now^^
people can farm it in a week without any knowledge of real WvW now

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in WvW

Malediktus.3740

Its nowhere near 20g/h.
After 20min you barely get any loot anymore because of diminishing returns

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Anet should give players some way to farm achs point without doing any PvE. For example one wvw kill could give 10 points. That would ruin ach points too and we could laugh ach point farmers.

in WvW

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

this is kill farming for the achievement and should be disabled. not sure if they should ban people for it because it was their mistake in the first place. i probably would. this is clearly not what was intended when they made OS so I don’t see why people are defending it.

this game is so full of farms/afkers/exploiters and it’s getting out of hand.

HoD