Kill trading in OS

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Mortai.4168

Mortai.4168

Currently there is naked kill trading in OS between Gandara and Deso.

Guild -> Ultimate Dominator Day.

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yes i can confirm…

it was EXACTLY LIKE SKYHAMMER

just for wvw

Attachments:

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Suns Dusk.7201

Suns Dusk.7201

/15charsoflootbags

Attachments:

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Kill them, it looks like they like it! More seriously, I’m always amazed how in MMOs, some players will always try to grind their way into achievements instead of doing fun content. It’s even worst in pvp: you have rank farm servers, while you can go a lot faster by just playing normally! That’s crazy, these guys are dead inside.

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: nevertrending.5632

nevertrending.5632

I’m one of the Officers in Ultimate Dominator Day [ULTD], ask me anything

Deso – [EX] Ex Ritualist

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Elie Etherion.1725

Elie Etherion.1725

This is just..sad :/

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Aside from farming bags and rank, what purpose does this serve?
Do you often get people raging or trying to troll for “not playing the right way”?
What caused you to start doing this?

And for those who don’t like this practice:
Why not?
Does it cause harm to the game?
Does it interfere with the normal WvW?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Do you often get people raging or trying to troll for “not playing the right way”?

Why not?

I have nothing against it. People’s fun works in mysterious ways.

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Why not?

I have nothing against it. People’s fun works in mysterious ways.

True, but there are some out there vehemently opposed to such things. I guess some people will rage about anything I guess.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

If opposed to this grab your guild,setup in the middle and wreck face……profit?!

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: nevertrending.5632

nevertrending.5632

Why not?

Some people like farming different spots, I’m one of those I guess, calling me dead inside really won’t stop me from doing this either and to be honest I had fun while doing this cause the idea alone is ridiculous and I love it. GvG and duels are still possible on their usual spots, this doesn’t stop people from doing the JP and the kills don’t attribute to server points so WvW score can’t suffer under this.

We only did 4 tests so far most 30-60min long to test diminishing return and to test the loot. In general for every 10 kills you are getting 1 bag with T5 or T6 materials inside. There will always be trolling and it can’t be stopped, so we just adapt to it. The 250k kills achi is what made us start it. I don’t see any harm being done to the game this way either, economically or otherwise

Deso – [EX] Ex Ritualist

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Impale.2503

Impale.2503

I honestly think it is a good idea loot wise, i don’t care about the title/achievement.

Loot chance from players being way higher than in PvE it means more T6 mats from heavy loot bags on the market, dropping the prices in the mid/long term which is good for the community.

It is worth doing at the moment because of the players valuing items the way they do, yet they are extremely farmable this way.

Yes it looks about as kittenkyhammer “rank” farming, but its actually worth doing and has a decent outcome for the global economy, for the people doing it as well as everyone else.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom – Guild Leader
The Rise – The Murder – The Gravity – The Ghostly

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

while on this scale it does probably nothing to the game economy if on a large scale (ie: if multiple servers start doing this routinely) it would cause an influx of gold that is beyond what is designed by the devs.

similar unintended farms have caused bans in the past, i would be careful.

(to explain: farming candy corn balms during halloween event was ok because the gain for the “farmers” came from the trading post, the gold was coming from other players which farmed it in a normal way. the total amount of gold in the game actually diminishes here due to TP taxes.

farming like this instead causes your gain to come from level up chests and selling drops to vendors, not just from t6, increasing the total gold existing in the game. devs have shown in the past to not be ok with this)

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I was so sad that I missed this. I’m in the guild too and I just wanted to be part of the hilarity of a mob of naked guards smashing at each other. The loot would have been largely secondary to me

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

This practice rewards players who aren’t participating in the fundamental action that the rewards are derived from. Its cheating and absolutely unfair to players who work to receive the same rewards.

This is something that’s against the ToS in almost every PvP style mmo, though I’m not sure if it is against the rules in GW2. Very well should be if it isn’t.

Edit: I’m not sure if this is referring to Structured Player vs. Player, or just any Player vs. Player game-play in general, but this is an excerpt copied directly from the Rules of Conduct for GW2 –
—22.While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

(edited by Turk.5460)

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

If Anet allows skyhammer servers, what makes you think they are against this? Its basically the same.

I hope someone organises this for other servers, too.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Azrael.4960

This practice rewards players who aren’t participating in the fundamental action that the rewards are derived from. Its cheating and absolutely unfair to players who work to receive the same rewards.

This is something that’s against the ToS in almost every PvP style mmo, though I’m not sure if it is against the rules in GW2. Very well should be if it isn’t.

Edit: I’m not sure if this is referring to Structured Player vs. Player, or just any Player vs. Player game-play in general, but this is an excerpt copied directly from the Rules of Conduct for GW2 –
—22.While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

This doesn’t violate the rules of conduct as it’s not a match thus how can it be match manipulation. If the two sides were manipulating the overall wvw match then you could argue that. This is a naked brawl in the obsidian sanctum which has no bearing on the greater wvw fight. The players still have to fight each other, even if it is just AA spam, to get loot bags.

This isn’t much different than say using EOTM as a karma train

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

True, however this isn’t PvP, this is hardly even world vs world as it’s not affected by it, it’s a jumping puzzle with a small arena intended for guild vs guild fights while there is no setup for them, no rules at all, meaning anyone can do anything there at any time, unlike PvP matches.

There is no actual exploit in this as far as I can see, 3 sides of players killing each other was the original intention, since there is no matching Anet never really cared if it was for guild vs guild as anyone can interfere at any given moment in a GvG fight.

As far as Economy goes, I’ve seen the number of drops per hour, and it’s a valid gold income, it will most likely vary on the scale it’s done, but looking at 10-15 gold per hour is pretty much what you can get in other farms like silverwastes and orr, which are both allowed.

In any case, all it takes is a dev response to solve this matter………

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well desolation players die so it’s about same.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

According to #22 on the Rules of Conduct, it doesn’t allow skyhammer rank farm servers.

“Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder.” – notice the or that is repeated over and over, which tells you that this does not pertain only to rated/ranked/ladder play, but any PvP gameplay.

They must not have the manpower to enforce it, unfortunately.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

According to #22 on the Rules of Conduct, it doesn’t allow skyhammer rank farm servers.

“Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder.” – notice the or that is repeated over and over, which tells you that this does not pertain only to rated/ranked/ladder play, but any PvP gameplay.

Despite this, there are dedicated rank farm servers that nobody cares about.

However you fail to understand that this shouldn’t logically apply to OS.
You can only manipulate “a Match” in either sPvP or world vs world(if you have guilds working together to that end to manipulate the score at the end of the week)

In OS, there is no match against people, there is no score at the end of the week, there is no manipulation of a match, as there is no match, it’s a free for all killfest and when it’s empty ocasionally guilds set up guild fights, during which it’s still considered a killfest, as nothing prevents me from going on my necro in lich form and trolling’s people’s fights

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Azrael.4960

Well desolation players die so it’s about same.

I had some nice duels with a few deso players last night (my time, early afternoon their time) . 4 of them versus me. Rather than mob me, we duked it out 1v1. Was quite pleasant. I don’t normally pvp and haven’t played wvw in a very long time. I was going to do the JP but duking it out with them was more fun.

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.3072

Krustydog.3072

Despite this, there are dedicated rank farm servers that nobody cares about.

However you fail to understand that this shouldn’t logically apply to OS.
You can only manipulate “a Match” in either sPvP or world vs world(if you have guilds working together to that end to manipulate the score at the end of the week)

In OS, there is no match against people, there is no score at the end of the week, there is no manipulation of a match, as there is no match, it’s a free for all killfest and when it’s empty ocasionally guilds set up guild fights, during which it’s still considered a killfest, as nothing prevents me from going on my necro in lich form and trolling’s people’s fights

Rank and 5 bucks will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. That’s about all your rank is worth. As for matts? What serious pvp’er even cares about this? They can bring their “rank” to real pvp and die like every other nub.

SoR FTW

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

what happen to “play the game as you like it” ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Im not sure what language that is in, but some your tittles are awesome!

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Uhm, anyone remember them banning/suspending people for buying “obviously” to cheap weapons off a vendor and Mystic Forging them. While they have backed down some, Anet has shown little tolerance to those who exploit. You can minimize its effect here all you want, but kill trading is an exploit.

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Already 14 hrs and no dev post, so it must be legal stuff Looking at the last time one has posted something in WvW section, you may get an answer soon™

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

when the next farming?
i want to know if Wxp go up fast to :-p
oh and for regulating it what u use

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I don’t go to this part of the forum often, but when i do, people are farming people :s

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Rajel.8432

Rajel.8432

How can people suck like this? For real go play in bl and if you can kill enemies you will have your kills, but such grind is so childish, I’m speechless.

Rajel Wildcard [TT]

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I think GW2 needs a new PvP format – naked mud wrestling.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Elie Etherion.1725

Elie Etherion.1725

This is still going on. Please ANET. Plsplsplspls

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Lol; that’s quite hilarious XD.

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I saw some LFG’s for this. Sorry boys, but this is pathetic.

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

every neckbeard who farmed (or farming) EB/EOTM nonstop for their titles are crying hilarious.

(edited by Covis.6037)

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I think GW2 needs a new PvP format – naked mud wrestling.

Or a big flat square map with no elevation or LoS – Naked people all with 1hp and a stick to hit eachother.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Wanna get this banned? Start participating in this with lowbie characters for linen farm.
Suddenly Anet is interested and Proheals will be sitting OS 24/7.

~ Gandara

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

I’m coming to EU!!!!!

EU Logic: Go to OS and just brawl out / farm eachother
NA Logic: PVD!!!!!!! THEIR ZERG IS ON ANOTHER MAP GOGOGOGOGO CHAMP LOOT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

I’d stay away from german servers then, it’s NA logic but replace champ loot bag with PPT

But yes I think a mod or dev should comment on this, this is just pathetic.
But can you blame them as WvW will not receive a new map until the expansion comes out, maybe later this year, we still dont know the date yet. Players are bored so they are making their own fun and getting rewards for it as well.

(edited by Orochimaru.4730)

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: gagi.4012

gagi.4012

Bunch of tards cheat their way towards title (achievement) that means something, ultimate dominator losing value

Gwyn Blaidd – Last Flight of The Crow (CROW)
H A R D (CORE) Gunnar’s hold http://lastflightofthecrow.webs.com/

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Bunch of tards cheat their way towards title (achievement) that means something, ultimate dominator losing value

Means something? The first guy who got it just played a Staff Guardian in a blob spamming his 1#.

It gives a vague idea on how much time someone spend in WvW clashing two zergs together, but that is about it.

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Making something fun into a grind (work) that serves no purpose other than to perpetuate more of itself is some kind of insanity.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: zsomer.9547

zsomer.9547

We all were disappointed when we did like 10 /wave at deso and they just didnt want to fight :/

Desolation – [PT],[IRON]

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

That looks hillarious, wish I could join :p

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

they are VERY likely not getting much WXP from kills since most players will probably die very quickly. WXP award from a player is reset to 0 when they die, i think it takes about 5 mins just to start increasing. They are likely not surviving that long, so the only WXP you would get from this is from any drips of WXP that drop. Its likely someone would get 2 ranks/hr max (that excludes extraordinary thimble+ drops). The only benefit i see with this is the loot, the kill count increase, and experience (skill points). I see this as being the worst WXP farm availible, but i could be wrong (would have to actually test it to know exactly)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn D.2769

Reborn D.2769

hopefully a title means nothing :p

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

This is what it’s like on reset night every week in tier3. Except it happens on all 4 borderlands and only 1 server benefits.

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

uhoh looks like OS is gonna get nerfed to pve zone regular jumping puzzle with no pvp.

Kill trading in OS

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I say any person complaining about this has the issues. Player’s play as they want and are not harming anyone outside of themselves.

The first night of S2, in T1 NA, the queues were extremely long. The OS lobby became a fight club of epic proportions. All 3 worlds had a full queue in the OS lobby fighting. I do recall very well that Josh and Roy (dev’s) came in for some fun too. It was great amount of fun that’s why it was so easily remembered. Also, if you are wondering about being naked, there is no repair stations in OS.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.