Kills per server chart [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I had nothing better to do and I also find stats like these interesting.

Anyway, the chart shows kills per server, taken Friday evening, (from the wvwintel.com). I think it is probably best guess we currently have about populations of each server too. Obviously number of kill is affected by:

• killing server population
  • killed server population
  • how much one or both servers want to fight

If you don’t agree that it shows basically population, lets say its the amount of action going on in each matchup. Exact numbers are not so important (tho highest is ~40k and lowest is below 1k) but its more about to compare different tiers. For example tier 9 has only about half the kills of tier 8 and tier 6 about double of kills in tier 8.

Now if I only had the same data from last year, I could show how many people have stopped playing in WvW (a lot I think). But API did not provide such data back then.

Also not that it is only counting kills and not deaths or the ratio. Basically you can do similar chart with deaths too, but it ends up same when comparing amount of action between different tiers.

Attachments:

(edited by FogLeg.9354)

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

Thanks for your initiative but in case you haven’t noticed the PPK API is bugged atm:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/api/WvWvW-API/first#post5962863

https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/issues/210

in WvW

Posted by: Arcan Soulstorm.4356

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

Thanks for your initiative but in case you haven’t noticed the PPK API is bugged atm:

Aye, this has to be considered.

However, while it looks like he is missing a map here and there, the general direction of the bars should be correct. (Tier 2 Fight Tier Hype)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

My first thought on seeing the big Blobbadon dip: “I dont know what I expected”.

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

However, while it looks like he is missing a map here and there, the general direction of the bars should be correct. (Tier 2 Fight Tier Hype)

FSP has always wanted too fight, i have quit long time ago but i guess they still have that mind set even after mass quits on fsp also.
seems piken got hit by mass quitters tho :p used to be nice server to fight with not so much ppt kitten and tons of fighters!

top 3 as far i remember aviod fights like plague, cus who needs to fight when u can PPT all night long, just vanish during prime time hours.
too bad this stupid update ruined whole WvW for me

in WvW

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

seems piken got hit by mass quitters tho :p used to be nice server to fight with not so much ppt kitten and tons of fighters!

Piken has always had a low population relative to our ranking, so mass quitting is proportionately more painful for us. The stability nerf hit us harder than most, too, due to our preferred fighting style. Add the general WvW problems, and it’s not been easy for us, but I feel like we’re getting our feet back under us again.

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

The US chart.

And I thought EU last tiers 8, and 9 are in bad situation. This is even worse.

Anyway total kills by friday evening:

• EU – 577k
  • US – 452k

Attachments:

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

So, a month (or to be exact, 5 weeks) later.

I took the data about kills every friday about same time (I am sure there are few obvious mistakes and bugged numbers managed to creep in somewhere but it wont change big picture). It doesnt looks very good for WvW. Lets see number of total kills in EU and US:

EU: 57k – 50k – 37k – 26k – 27k
US: 45k – 38k – 38k – 20k – 21k

Its pretty much 50% of the kills now compared to the kills 5 weeks ago.

Not all servers are of course same. Biggest droppers

EU:
Fort Ranik – 75%
Riverside – 73%
Elona Reach – 73%

US (sorry, the data for last 2 tiers in US is really buggy):
Sea of Sorrows – 81%
Crystal Desert – 80%
Borlis Pass – 80%
Fort Aspenwood – 79%

Now the servers that have managed to gain kills during these 5 weeks. Joking! No server has done that. So, smallest droppers:

EU:
Arborstone – 2% (fairly sure FR server in same tier merged with them)
Gunnars Hold – 20%
Dzagonur – 22%

US:
Tarnished Coast – 23%
Dragonbrand – 26%
Yak’s Bend – 32%

Interestingly, when I started recording the data I expected much more changes depending on which matchup servers are assigned to. It happens a lot in EU that first 15 servers change places around. My logic was that if there are 2 servers with strong will to fight, they will both generate a lot of kills and if server is matched against 2 nightcappers there wont be much action. But I was wrong, servers with high kill count will have high kills in every match and servers with mostly nightcrew doing PPT will continue to do it no matter who they fighting.

Other thing I kind of expected was more players transfering from last tiers to high tier servers. This does not happen as far I can tell. A lot of players just have quit WvW, not transfered around. Tier 1 servers are losing a lot of players too so even when some transfer up from last tiers it does not compensate for players leaving the game.

in WvW

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

I can’t recall what the problem was, but I had a reason to dismiss your data from february as inaccurate. Might be because back then EU and NA weren’t seperated properly. (€: discovered my old post, shouldn’t be as bad as I thought, but was still sceptical) I had a total of 715k kills in that week.

However, based on the stats I collected for that week and this weeks statistics (will post tomorrow), I would support a decrease of roughly 30%.

(edited by Arcan Soulstorm.4356)

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

Cool, I sort of expect some of my data to be incorrect. More data from different people allows better accuracy.

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

The API has been flaky in its reporting of kills and deaths since the implementation of PPK. It was still a problem last week. But (keep your fingers crossed) the early week data from this week looks like they may have fixed the problem.

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

I can’t recall what the problem was, but I had a reason to dismiss your data from february as inaccurate. Might be because back then EU and NA weren’t seperated properly. (€: discovered my old post, shouldn’t be as bad as I thought, but was still sceptical) I had a total of 715k kills in that week.

However, based on the stats I collected for that week and this weeks statistics (will post tomorrow), I would support a decrease of roughly 30%.

The drop in kills was due to some resets (flushes) of the values during the week. I seriously doubt that kills dropped that much, they are just being misreported.

in WvW

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

The drop in kills was due to some resets (flushes) of the values during the week. I seriously doubt that kills dropped that much, they are just being misreported.

I believe one of those is the grand flush for EU headstart stats during NA reset. (At most 90k kills, likely much less, perhaps 50-60k) But this reset was present one month ago as well, therefore we should be able to compare these numbers.

Have you noticed some more resets?

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

wow t8 na lol.
thanks for the link, didnt know this existed until now.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

I believe one of those is the grand flush for EU headstart stats during NA reset. (At most 90k kills, likely much less, perhaps 50-60k) But this reset was present one month ago as well, therefore we should be able to compare these numbers.

Have you noticed some more resets?

There was some sort of reset around Monday of last week. A quick glance at some of this weeks data revealed smooth curve. I will know for sure once the week is over and I process the data. Prior to last week, the numbers were bouncing all over the place.

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

FSP has always wanted too fight, i have quit long time ago but i guess they still have that mind set even after mass quits on fsp also.

top 3 as far i remember aviod fights like plague, cus who needs to fight when u can PPT all night long, just vanish during prime time hours.
too bad this stupid update ruined whole WvW for me

Sfr 2.0 always wanted to fight.
The same players who transfer from Sfr. Could be the reason for the quitting.

in WvW

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

I’ve posted my stats over at r/gw2wvw (https://en.reddit.com/r/Gw2WvW/comments/4b41v6/euna_kill_stats_133193/)

The gist: Around 580k kills (without the time between EU reset and NA reset). Based on the 710k kills in February this would be “just” 20% less kills. Similar decrease for the borders.

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

I’ve posted my stats over at r/gw2wvw (https://en.reddit.com/r/Gw2WvW/comments/4b41v6/euna_kill_stats_133193/)

The gist: Around 580k kills (without the time between EU reset and NA reset). Based on the 710k kills in February this would be “just” 20% less kills. Similar decrease for the borders.

Thanks a lot!

Your data looks very interesting. Is it gathered automatically?

Just asking because the WvWIntel kills/deaths had nasty habbit of getting screwed up for unknown reason to me. I mean after some update MU kills were 100-200-300 and next update jumped to 5000-6000-7000 so I had to refresh it sometimes for an hour to get data that looks it could be correct, and still did not manage for some week to get all of those properly. Last week it did not happen anymore, not sure if the API has been improved/fixed or I was just lucky.

Please keep posting the updates weekly, longer we can gather some data more chance the bugs will not affect end results and it can be compared better.

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

Total kill volume this week was 636021.

Attached two charts, kills by server and KDR by server.

Attachments:

in WvW

FogLeg.9354

The reset time change will make my data useless (plus looks like API is still bugged) in the context of comparing week vs week action.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

These charts are really good.
They’re only part of the data for wvw/each server (ranks, population etc play a role in it as well) – but still – thanks for uploading them!

I can’t imagine that NA really has that many less players than EU in total (PvE + wvw) and if you look at your charts you see that the Tier locking really has broken the NA wvw. You can see there’s only a few NA servers at the top and most servers on the bottom are also NA.
And the other thing that’s astonishing is that a lot of those bringing a lot of kills in aren’t (or haven’t been that week) gold. Gunnars is lowest silver, still we’re in the middle of the chart – that means we had a lot to kill (yeah, we had).
Whoever locked tiers on NA should really feel bad. And yes, anet should feel bad for letting it happen for so long too. And for their lack of balance. I do hope for NA there’s a way out of it – and no, I won’t transfer back (unless you bring back my favourite commander who has left the game nearly 2 years ago, then I would within a minute, no matter the 200 ping).

You’re still invited to pay EU a visit, though. Prime is around 7 pm CET to midnight CET – otherwise there isn’t much to fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Those numbers can’t be accurate.

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

Those numbers can’t be accurate.

Why not?