Kind of a newbie question...

in WvW

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

When there are 2 rams pounding on a door, is it appropriate to use your personal skills to damage the door?

I see some doing nothing, and a few that are attacking with sword, bow, or whatever.

Is it just helpful in a very small way?

Also, if its only a very slight helpful thing. Do you get some kind of benefit if you do some damage even if very slight?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I will use my mesmer pull to disengage the ram action.

Honestly, you’re better off diving at them from above, and using a siege disabler, and then calling the map to help.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

“PvD / PvDoor : Player versus Door :

Players attacking gates with their weapon skills in World versus World to break them faster. "

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Abbreviations

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

It does small damage, so it’s helpful in a very small way. You probably won’t do enough damage to get credit for anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

When there are 2 rams pounding on a door, is it appropriate to use your personal skills to damage the door?

I see some doing nothing, and a few that are attacking with sword, bow, or whatever.

Also, if its only a very slight helpful thing. Do you get some kind of benefit if you do some damage even if very slight?

It’s a matter of orange swords. When you have I think it’s 25 people in combat in a certain radius orange swords will pop on the map. So if you have a large number of people and they’re all attacking the door, the enemies know you have that large force there. If you don’t pop orange swords all they’ll see is white swords on the objective which could also be triggered by a single individual ‘tapping’ the keep (kill guards/damage door a bit, basically getting the objective ‘in combat’).

So if you’re running with a large force, generally don’t PvD (attack the door) unless the commander asks for it to speed up the destruction.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

It does depend a lot on your class and build. As a zerker staff ele, if I go full-out, I can pull about 20-25% of the damage of a Superior ram on gates. That’s obviously worth it. On the other hand, it’s a waste of my DPS to use it on the gate if there are cannons or arrow carts I could be killing instead so it’s important to be aware of the situation. Also, as Jerus says, don’t pop swords when your commander is trying to be sneaky or you won’t be very popular!

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It’s a matter of orange swords. When you have I think it’s 25 people in combat in a certain radius orange swords will pop on the map. So if you have a large number of people and they’re all attacking the door, the enemies know you have that large force there. If you don’t pop orange swords all they’ll see is white swords on the objective which could also be triggered by a single individual ‘tapping’ the keep (kill guards/damage door a bit, basically getting the objective ‘in combat’).

So if you’re running with a large force, generally don’t PvD (attack the door) unless the commander asks for it to speed up the destruction.

^^ This is your answer.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I used to think PvD is useful only if your zerg is large enough (20+) and you are attacking a normal gate or reinforced gate, but not a T3 Fortified gate.

I was running around with Mag the other day and with around 20+ men, they PvD the enemy’s T3 Fortified EBG keep (both doors, inner and outer) and got in without the use of any siege, all the while under enemies’ AC and AOE fire =/

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

I used to think PvD is useful only if your zerg is large enough (20+) and you are attacking a normal gate or reinforced gate, but not a T3 Fortified gate.

I was running around with Mag the other day and with around 20+ men, they PvD the enemy’s T3 Fortified EBG keep (both doors, inner and outer) and got in without the use of any siege, all the while under enemies’ AC and AOE fire =/

So fun

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Only 20 in a Mag Zerg? Dang it must’ve been a slow day for you guys eh lol X3