Kodash/Seafarers rest/Desolation pvp

in WvW

Posted by: Harkain.5189

Harkain.5189

So we dont have to make multiple threads about good fightsm who exploited etc.

in WvW

Posted by: tagnut.8621

tagnut.8621

Sweet we got kodash back and they don’t have their double team buddies this week.

They’re in for such an kitten kicking.

in WvW

Harkain.5189

I logged on early morning at about 7am cet and saw kodash owning the field controlling all but 1 point in eternal. To my suprise people where fighting back to even if it was unbalanced in the start and by 9 kodash was pushed back while desolation had regained some and was ticking at a 160 points atleast.

I guess this is just feeling eachother to the real test comes for prime time fighting

good luck to everyone!

in WvW

Posted by: Iambeastx.6805

Iambeastx.6805

Looking forward to this week (after today) our guild (PandemicLegion) left desolation as it was continously a mindless zerg that topped the poll’s only because the 24hr resets matched the zerg style.
Go seafarers!

All my life i wanted to be someone,
now i realise i should have been more specific.

in WvW

Posted by: Epoch.5396

Epoch.5396

I love watching Treb spam from garrison get countered. You know those Treb users had no clue what was happening :P

/winks at Deso

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Looking forward to this week (after today) our guild (PandemicLegion) left desolation as it was continously a mindless zerg that topped the poll’s only because the 24hr resets matched the zerg style.
Go seafarers!

Everyone’s leaving Desolation It’s a sad time.

Still, that’s what happens when your commanders seem to be 5 years old and can’t lead for jack.

Also, when I left last night at 3am, Seafarers rest were last with no orbs and now they’re 10k ahead with all three orbs :O What happened?!

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

they hacked and got 3 orbs without any effort

in WvW

Harkain.5189

Everyone’s leaving Desolation It’s a sad time.

Still, that’s what happens when your commanders seem to be 5 years old and can’t lead for jack.

Also, when I left last night at 3am, Seafarers rest were last with no orbs and now they’re 10k ahead with all three orbs :O What happened?!

sfr by tradition has a verry strong main time presence which is ofcourse extended on weekends and frankittenhis morning it was everyone following a decent commander and putting effort together with supply runs, multiple siege engines etc. Cant remeber the name of the commander in eternal but he was from FU.

in WvW

Posted by: IKShadow.4582

IKShadow.4582

they hacked and got 3 orbs without any effort

Lol stop with bullkitten, yes one lame hacker did take one orb and we excluded him from our community, put him on Wall of Shame: http://www.pevepe.net/gw2forum/m/6083582/viewthread/4493938-orb-hack-cocobloco4617-edwardus-maximus .. Banned him from all public team speak’s and will make sure he does not get spot in any of decent guilds on our server.

At 8:00 AM CEST Seafarer’s Rest did not hold the orbs and lost most of them maps so whats with the outcry.

p.s. In last week we did get one medium sized 50 members/ US server transferring to SF and they made quite big impact already. So our opponents do not do Player vs Gate anymore.

When it comes to Kodash we already had 1 week match against them and you can see in our daily reports how much they were loosing during prime time and the score’s they got were from nigh capping : http://www.pevepe.net/gw2forum/m/6083582/viewforum/1723100

FUtilez.com Mature Gaming Guild part of Seafarer’s Rest Community Site

(edited by IKShadow.4582)

in WvW

Harkain.5189

what ikshadow said: at 9am we held 1 orb. not 3, we where not leading in points nor controlling the maps.

The score that is now comes from good old fashion bashing and the oponents failure to counter it because frankly i have only been let down sofar by the oposition.

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

All I can say is “respect” to you and your krewe IKShadow, thank you for having some integrity and taking action against the individual. This is the only positive thing I’ve seen come out of WvW in three weeks. Things are looking grim on Deso but we’ll try and fight the good fight.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in WvW

Posted by: Yoke.4671

Yoke.4671

What the hell is going on with deso these days, have we noone left to wvw or put up a fight? always seems to be so little of us on. The % of our server that must be pvping right now must be tiny

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Everyone transferred off. We got a bunch of PvE commanders and most of the big guilds have left.

We’ve got a few still trying, IRON obviously, APEX and my guild BoA have a small alliance and we are constantly pissing the other servers off and distracting them while the bigger forces do stuff (there’s only a few of us).

I’ve seen GG are still around and often are one of the better lot. GoD can be good when they want but they don’t like losing and stop playing as soon as it seems “unfair”.

Fact is we genuinely just don’t have a PvP population to be as high ranked as we are. We need to keep losing, drop another tier or two and work our way up from the bottom.

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

What the hell is going on with deso?

Deso never had numbers at the first place. The data published by ANet had Deso peak at 290 against 500-600 each for Far Shiverpeaks and Vizunah Square. Basically Deso had one of the best rank/pop ratios, but that can only last so long. After two weeks vs the endless French zergs Deso players got fed up and either left or stopped wvw-ing altogether.

in WvW

Posted by: Busko.7408

Busko.7408

Its very grim i can no longer play night as i go day stuff going on :P but the times im online during late nights we actually have the outmanned buff (that is a joke buff).
Not played as much this 2 weeks. But the times i been on its the same story people trying to grab what they cant hold or just ignore to defend. Also dosent help that we prob lost 50% of our main wvw people but maybe with the low ques now we get some back

Im a Kitty Cat rawr
what what what….

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Desolation have one big issue:

Defence.

People take towers and then just leave. No surprise that we often immediately lose those towers again.

When you ask people to help defend it’s “We’ll get it back later” or “Not enough reward” or some other stupid response like that. They just zerg after those useless blue icons.

in WvW

Posted by: IKShadow.4582

IKShadow.4582

Dunno fighting Deso yesterday night and at today’s morning I did not saw outmaned buff on either players in Kodash borderlands or Eternal Battlegrounds so zones are packed with players.

FUtilez.com Mature Gaming Guild part of Seafarer’s Rest Community Site

in WvW

Harkain.5189

Desolation have one big issue:

Defence.

People take towers and then just leave. No surprise that we often immediately lose those towers again.

When you ask people to help defend it’s “We’ll get it back later” or “Not enough reward” or some other stupid response like that. They just zerg after those useless blue icons.

that is a huge problem because aslong as people seek reward (for which there is minimal) in pvp rather than the realms best one will never win anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Tristanian.6084

Tristanian.6084

Imho, as stated before losing ranks for Deso can only be a GOOD thing in the long run. Only the people that actually want to pvp will do so, the zerg mentality will wear off and new guilds will learn to cooperate and operate a lot like the IRON/Apex/BoA/SHC/LoR alliance who do NOT leave keeps uprotected or unupgraded and actually fight back. If people only want to pvdoor and steamrolling 10vs30 with absolutely 0 challenge and risk, then they need to learn that Desolation is not for them. There are plenty of “winning” servers to join. Our queues have already gone down, at the very least for the non-deso border are almost instant now.

Tristanian, Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Legacy of Raiders [LoR] Officer
Desolation EU

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Agreed.

Rebuilding from the bottom can only be a good thing for us.

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

While I agree with the general feeling, remember there’s only so many players willing to to WvW.
If the servers drops and fails to attract enough of those players, it’s over for good.

Just to give you an idea, right now you can enter SR borderland with zero queue and the outmanned buff. This at Saturday prime time.

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Well that was stressful and fun.

Deso boarderlands Cragtop

He held if for most of the day, with it being our only foothold in the whole map.

That why we had sooo much siege in it lol.

Stopped nearly every assault on it with mass balista/arrowcart and catas.

until Sea started to double treb the wall, and it fell.

GG was a fun afternoon.

Ajaxx – Juggernauts.

Attachments:

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

and the start of the otherside lol

Attachments:

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Posted by: Dennace.2086

Dennace.2086

Some pretty good pressure you guys have been putting on Garrison in Kodash borderlands.
For an idea of what it looks like from our PoV:
http://imgur.com/kD7Lx

9.8k wuvwuv kills on my Ele and counting.
Playing with Pandas until hacking is brought under control.

in WvW

Posted by: Tristanian.6084

Tristanian.6084

While I agree with the general feeling, remember there’s only so many players willing to to WvW.
If the servers drops and fails to attract enough of those players, it’s over for good.

Just to give you an idea, right now you can enter SR borderland with zero queue and the outmanned buff. This at Saturday prime time.

Unfortunately, if Desolation players would (generally speaking) rather PvE than PvP, then there’s really not much anyone can do about it. It’s just something that can happen. When it comes to PvP and more specifically W3, there will always be “server hoppers” that join the “winning” side, since it’s quite clear that A.Net does not realize that the current system benefits no one but rather makes matters worse for the servers that are unable to sustain a healthy W3 population, 24/7, since they themselves made it so that this is virtually a requirement to even have a chance to compete for victory.

On the other hand, guilds that left their initial servers due to long queues will start, once more, to experience the same issue, as random people rally around them. It’s not rocket science. Server transfers in any MMO in the…universe have associated costs, may or may not be always available to all servers, in many cases have cooldowns (aka you cannot server hop at your leisure) etc. There are good reasons as to why these restrictions are in place. It prevents population instability and especially when you have a feature such as W3 where active pvp population matters, you cannot simply make a decision considering transfers and not take population balance into consideration. The community is NOT going to sort this out on its own. It has never happened anywhere before and quite frankly it’s not the responsibility of the players to balance out a fundamentally flawed system. We are being told that transfers is a temporary measure until the guesting system is properly introduced. Why has the game even launched without this system might I ask ? I could go on and on but I’d be simply rehashing things that have already been discussed and beaten to death in other threads and forums, plus I’d be derailing the thread even further :p

On a more relevant note, I know for a fact that SR border was struggling due to an absence of a capable commander and/or guilds to take charge and organize the defense/offense. We have discussed this and have a few ideas. For the time being we feel that we’d rather have a strong presense on one maybe 2 maps, than spread our already limited resources to all maps and not being able to reinforce and keep whatever we are capping.

Tristanian, Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Legacy of Raiders [LoR] Officer
Desolation EU

in WvW

Brunners.7251

We seem to be faring best on kodash borderlands.

That’s where I’m taking my team I think this week because that’s where we have the most organisation, the better commanders and generally more communication.

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Word on the street is that the guy hacking transferred to Kodash…and stole one Orb from Seafarer’s , about 1 hour ago. It mysteriously teleported away from our Garrioson!

So watch out Kodash…

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: Akuma.7098

Akuma.7098

Well we will hit bottom with desolation for sure, all maps are instant access now, maybe EB has 2 minutes or something. As we started to loose, many transfered to greener pastures. I hoped that this match we would rally but nope. I play on EB mainly and I dont even see people I usually ran with anymore. And we are getting our butt so seriously kicked And there is absolutely no command in EB.

Still it is nice that Kodash is there, I like some not stressfull PvP, unlike Seafarers, they are hard and organized. Shame on you

in WvW

Grok.6714

2 orbs hacked now by Kodash…looks like the hacker deserter from Seafarers is doing a good job

in WvW

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

2 orbs hacked now by Kodash…looks like the hacker deserter from Seafarers is doing a good job

Yep, he hacked second orb too like he said he would do:

http://i.imgur.com/dPAAZ.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: Lightfall.6982

Lightfall.6982

I have to say i have a lot of respect for Seafarer’s Rest, it is the server where is started the game, but ultimately moved to Desolation where i’m staying. Seafarer’s is incredibly well organised and i used to run with ikshadow on a regular basis, so i know how much of a good cmmdr he is. Good Luck to both Deso and SF! ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

judging from his messages to you you’re racist, and from looking at your messages to him you’re a jerk

in WvW

Grok.6714

judging from his messages to you you’re racist, and from looking at your messages to him you’re a jerk

And judging by your post you are an ignorant that does not know the meaning of the word racist.

Please refrain yourself of posting on public forums until you educate yourself , sir.

Point is: Seafarer does NOT support hackers and cheats. We have them off our server now, please take you flaming elsewhere.

(edited by Grok.6714)

in WvW

Netko.9271

It was not me that was talking with him in that screenshoot.
His brother was kicked from our guild because he had same IP as hacker. We have 0 tolerance to hackers.

in WvW

Posted by: Dredj.4025

Dredj.4025

Seafarer’s I’m pretty certain has had no dodgy business going on since launch. That is until last match up when we consistently had the Orbs and my guild at least couldn’t see where they were. And now this week my thoughts were confirmed, and now the guy has gone to Kodash.

in WvW

Syn.3459

And judging by your post you are an ignorant that does not know the meaning of the word racist.

Please refrain yourself of posting on public forums until you educate yourself , sir.

Point is: Seafarer does NOT support hackers and cheats. We have them off our server now, please take you flaming elsewhere.

ironic, i’m “an ignorant” (ignorant what?) and you also think i’m flaming? honestly, don’t go judging people and telling them to educate themselves when you’re some clueless kitten

when someone brings up “hate on race” that generally means the other person has said something about them, which if you think you’re educated would know what it is

i would call you sir but instead i’ll just call you 6714 because after all you’re just a number and i’m better than you

in WvW

Harkain.5189

Syn if you actually read AGAIN what the loser exploiter said: He COMPARES them kicking his brother for having the same blood and apperently ip (always these magic brothers that show up when someone makes a bobooo) he did not say the guy actually said something about etnicity

So in the end you do come up looking like a smart kitten besides being a biggot, racist or anything is not illegale in this game hacking however is.

in WvW

Netko.9271

He called us racist because we kicked his brother from guild because he used hacks to steal orb. He think to kick his innocent brother because his sin is racist, that is ridiculous. I’m sorry for his brother, he seamed as nice guy, but having hackers in our guild, or member who use same computer as hacker is not acceptable for us.

in WvW

Harkain.5189

Why be sorry for his brother ? just hope he kicks his kitten for ruining part of his game and then and maybee just then the kitten understands that actions has consequenses for more than himself.

in WvW

Syn.3459

He called us racist because we kicked his brother from guild because he used hacks to steal orb. He think to kick his innocent brother because his sin is racist, that is ridiculous. I’m sorry for his brother, he seamed as nice guy, but having hackers in our guild, or hacker who use same computer as hacker is not acceptable for us.

that’s fair enough and not what i was commenting on, it was his comment that i was talking about (which i admit, i misread and thought the other guy was racist but was just comparing it to racism) and that’s the only reason i said anything because i thought the guy was being racist just because he used a hack

so my bad for misreading

in WvW

Grok.6714

3 orbs hacked now by that kittener! Seriously….get him banned Arena!

in WvW

Harkain.5189

i reported him along time ago, they sure are taking their sweet time to press the ban button for investigation, letting 1 guy ruin it for 3 servers and then prolly coming up with a lame “thank you for your patiance” humbug line.

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Let’s just say the remaining competent players are extremely outmanned by both our zerg mentality players, and enemy servers. Both work strongly against us, and it’s just one frustrating experience.

If it remains like this the entire week, I think I might have to do something else, because at some point the server will reach a point of no return in horrible WvW performance. There is only so much I can handle, and I’m no quick ship jumper by any means, I spend a lot of gold on WvW for the sole perpose of ‘getting the server in a stronger position’, but it feels wasted on a bunch of slackers that never contribute themselves.

As someone who bought this game mainly for WvW, I must say Desolation is not working too well for me. I couldn’t care less if we lost while we fought organised and simply got outmatched, but not this endless losing to complete stupidity of the largest portion of the ‘zerg players’, not to mention terrible attitudes (and a whole list of other issues).

Guilds like IRON and those who follow them are just about the only ones left still trying to keep up the fight, but even for them it is hard to try and direct the mindless zerg at times.

Hopefully it gets a bit better when all our leeches transfer to SR for free wins, then we’re left with just the people that can play properly. We won’t be winning the matchup, but atleast I wouldn’t be having a headache all day.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

in WvW

Posted by: Dennace.2086

Dennace.2086

i reported him along time ago, they sure are taking their sweet time to press the ban button for investigation, letting 1 guy ruin it for 3 servers and then prolly coming up with a lame “thank you for your patiance” humbug line.

I’ve played free MMOs in the past with less of a hacker/glitch problem than GW2; their handling of hacks/exploits is pretty appauling.

9.8k wuvwuv kills on my Ele and counting.
Playing with Pandas until hacking is brought under control.

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

Desolation needs a WvW focused alliance website for itself. You cannot plan and manage longtime strategies or guild shifts in the map/team chat. Also the guilds that play together need to get more enthusiasm to play for more than 2 hours, too many times I have seen good guild action killed off by after couple of hours since nothing seemed to happen. Don’t listen to the map/team chat for anything if you’re running with a guild, last time I saw some really good ideas of defending the supply camps so we could get them upgraded and people supplied for a push, only to be outcried in map chat to do something else and it worked…

And if you are working in VoiP with your guild, please for the love of god react to flanking zergs that try to ambush you. Telling people to precast AoE and throw reflections to a direction you think something (even if not visible) is coming is a lot better choice than to cry about it after a wipe.

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Kodash bring nightcappers. Time to sleep.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Bahamzero.6783

Bahamzero.6783

SFR just lost 3 orbs to ‘flyhack’
this is the guy doing it:
http://i45.tinypic.com/dr5kwh.jpg
Would be nice if Anet could do something about him because he s ruining our WvW matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Gray.3725

Gray.3725

Shame I can’t provide more accurate evidence, but here’s what happened just a few minutes ago at Kodash BL Dreaming Bay. As you all know, DB doesn’t have a cellar for placing our fine wine, so this Kodash guy really went underground, and not like the hipsters these days.

Only thing known for sure is the guild, VII, as can be seen on the picture. We caught 2 mesmers of the same guild just before this guy, killed them both, efficiently denying a portal assault on DB, then he came, destroyed 2 of our Catapults at north gate and started hitting the Keep Lord, then disappeared.

If you think this is unfair as much as I do, find him and disband him, put him on a shame of wall or something. He will get banned eventually, but I bet you don’t want your reputation ruined by that time.

Other than that, thanks to lacking in numbers, we can pretty much only give you a fight at the Kodash BL, our good commanders are here aswell, and you had a taste of our super golem army before

Good hunting

Attachments:

Gray Hatheon – 80 Warrior
Legacy of Raiders – [LoR] – Currently recruiting, message me or whisper ingame.
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

I confirm this I was there and witnessed with my own eyes.!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Daevara.9038

Daevara.9038

Please report all hackers, they really ruin the experience for everyone. And reading that the Seafarers Hacker transfered to Kodash and is responsible for us getting the orbs just diminishes everything we did this evening

We had a similar incident to the VII guy with some people from Seafarers today, the amount of hacks available for this game is appaling.

Having played Desolation Borderlands for most of the day I just want to give a thumbs up to OSC (I hope I remembered it correctly) from Seafarers. Impressive teamwork and a real pain in the kitten but fun fights

Lynessa | Daevara
Kodash [DE]