Kodash/Seafarers rest/Desolation pvp

in WvW

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

Anet. Please move quickly. You do know what happens with games when devs are not active on fixing/paying attention…

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

in WvW

Posted by: Tristanian.6084

Tristanian.6084

Reading the drama stories about the hacker guy, his brother, his guild ban, his pet cat and whatnot just made me cringe. I’m still undecided on whether I should just /popcorn or /facepalm to the entire situation. It is really astounding how easy it is to manipulate the scores on a matchup through the orb advantage (and make no mistake 3 orbs is a significant advantage) just because you can or felt like it at the time. As for the noclip mesmer on DB tonight destroying siege while “swimming” underground, because Kodash tried repeatedly to siege the keep and failed (good battles though) again /facepalm. I don’t understand why people resort to such practices. What do they get out of it ? Is it satisfaction ? Is it really rewarding or satisfying to achieve a goal by breaking the rules, rather than earning it ?

As for waiting for Arena Net to take action on these issues, the sound of the crickets is deafening.

Tristanian, Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Legacy of Raiders [LoR] Officer
Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

Ug, this hacking is really bringing down the game now. Random people are getting frustrated and are talking about hacking just to get back at others (as mentioned at least 2 of our day caps of the orbs were in theory legit but it’s hard to claim that when there’s this mess going on). While I myself do not condone of that and will continue to report them (even if nothing seems to be getting done), if it continues I fear it will devolve into a hacking metagame soon.

On a more positive note, and even though EC was half our usual setup without any mesmers for breaking up the zerg for most of the time, it was somewhat impressive to see 60+ people on Kodash stay together so well to protect bay against EC and VII for hours upon hours in SF borderlands earlier today (we had the other 2 keeps). Not much tactics other than build lots of siege and repair stuff; wherever you went if you fought 1 Kodash and 30 would load/render on you and you would be tasting dust.

Sharptrauma – Seafarer’s Rest – Explicit Content [EC]

in WvW

Posted by: Yoke.4671

Yoke.4671

Man Deso can not get a break, if its not massive french nightcapping zerg servers, its these two new ones. Bloody seafarers and kodash, out and out cheats. Nothing else to it. You can talk about 1 lad and his brother all you want, there was sieges 2day where you both servers couldnt take something belonging to deso(mind u we have very few points) and they go and cheat to get it, be it flyhacks or noclipping under the ground, god knows how they do it i dont pretend to know, but they do. They are CHEATS

in WvW

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

I know today has been a frustrating time for wvw players on Deso, we were all looking forward to some relief from the french servers with maxed out population in the dead of night capping all the things.. remember it wasn’t every player on seafarers and kodash hacking.. hell next time it might be some idiot on Deso who does it, no use getting bent out of shape over it.

I agree though it feels like we can’t catch a break, last weeks hell and now this to kick off a new week of wvw.. it is having a massive impact on the playerbase on Deso who take part in wvw, people just don’t want to play if it means dealing with stuff like this..which just has us getting out manned and falling behind.

Much respect to every player who hangs in there throughout the week on Deso, not much else I can add :/

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I guess the wvw is already dead. The statement “nightcapping is fine” leads to many guilds leaving to servers with different time zones. The still open free transfers lead to many winning team joining people and to longer queues on the top servers. The hackers will destroy what’s left if those bans are applied not asap.

I really liked playing on desolation and i really liked wvw but the actual situation keeps me from even logging into the game.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

Hey,
just like to add a little bit of something to what Grey said regarding last night on BL Kodasch dreambay. Kodasch did assault dreambay around two am. It was a legitimate attacke since desolation and seefarer rest were busy hitting on the doors of etheron. We got through the outer wall but then got countered on the inner wall and beaten back. While doing this, mesmers tried to stay hidden and succeeded until you guys discovered them. This in itself is no cheating.

How the thief came to be in there I cannot say. This is for the thief and his guild to answer. But well timed vanishes after the assault could as well be the answer, especially if there was an assault before that.

Good games so far though

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

in WvW

Posted by: MajorKong.8095

MajorKong.8095

Exploiters flying under the ground killing siege equipment. Thanks to the majority of Kodash and Seafarers players who are not hacking. Please do your utmost to remove the minority who are.

MajorKong
Human Elementalist -The Iron Triangle [IRON]
My WvW review

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Cheating appears to be getting out of control? I do hope something is done about it. Bans alone are not enough, there needs to be a solid detection system that handles these players before they can do harm, not just after.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

While the ridiculous amount of cheating is indeed appalling, Desolation is not losing due to that. Just check the WvW maps and you will see that, at almost every hour of the day (except maybe a couple hours of prime time) we can only fight in EB and one borderland, with the other two having little to no Desolation presence.

We simply don’t have enough WvW players anymore, and this after less than two months from game release.

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

While the ridiculous amount of cheating is indeed appalling, Desolation is not losing due to that. Just check the WvW maps and you will see that, at almost every hour of the day (except maybe a couple hours of prime time) we can only fight in EB and one borderland, with the other two having little to no Desolation presence.

We simply don’t have enough WvW players anymore, and this after less than two months from game release.

This is the truth.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

This is the truth.

Indeed.

I just wish more Deso players realised this and started caring to play better, just a little bit more. We can easily get more organised if people cared to try it instead of just joining, running to a nearby enemy gate to autoattack it, die a few times, and leave. We have almost no queue’s even at primetime anymore so that’s not a factor that prevents organised play like it did 4+ weeks ago. What is preventing us from playing properly, is not enough people caring to do so.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

What is preventing us from playing properly, is not enough people caring to do so.

Tbh, I seriously doubt Desolation is the only server having this problem. This aspect of the game is plainly unfun for the majority of players so it’s not really surprising that after the initial curiosity numbers are already dropping.
At least from a WvW perspective, ArenaNet should start merging servers right away.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well PvP getting better when national nightcapper servers are in top and fight against each other.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: garm.6275

garm.6275

despite all hacking rubbish and stolen orbs i want 2 say, i really enjoy fighting u guys! its the most entertaining WvW so far for me! Epic Battles!
greetz Garm SFR

in WvW

Posted by: Rezo.4815

Rezo.4815

The issue isn’t that we don’t have WvW players its that other “WvW” guilds are slacking in bulk.
We at IRON and our allies SHC, AA and Yum are holding down one borderland but thats about all we can do. Guilds that title theirselves “top tier WvW guilds” (you know who i am talking about lol) aren’t doing absolutely anything to fix the situation on the other maps. WE HAVE THE PLAYERS but we don’t have the people to kickstart the ques, noone wants to play on a map where you are pinned down in your spawn. The sad part is that these big guilds have the same mentality as pugs and join into the borderland where we are doing fine and creating a stupidly large que.

For the night is dark and full of nightcappers.
[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

(edited by Rezo.4815)

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

While I respect IRON’s efforts, targeting only one borderland is not the way to encourage players to come back.

Anyway, Deso’s done for. Losing to average servers like Kodash and Seafarer’s is the last nail in the coffin.

in WvW

Posted by: Yoke.4671

Yoke.4671

Yet we are still full right now, which would suggest we still have a huge population on the go, I think we may literally have the smallest player who pvps – player population ratio of the game

Im not a fan of people jumping ships, esp one getting gangbanged by french icebergs all the time, but wvwvw is endgame in this game for me, and I want/intend to do alot of it. If im on a server where its just not the main focus of the server itself and its far more a pve casual server then I may have to leave, Im a part of the problem not the fix then and im not saying I will bail, but its just a thought I have and Im not so sure I can really blame alot of people and kins who did leave

in WvW

Posted by: tagnut.8621

tagnut.8621

While I respect IRON’s efforts, targeting only one borderland is not the way to encourage players to come back.

Anyway, Deso’s done for. Losing to average servers like Kodash and Seafarer’s is the last nail in the coffin.

Sorry to break it to you but if seafarers is average that puts deso way way way below average. Even Baruchs were harder last week and they are frankly poop.

Kodash I’ll grant you is average – v good at night vs empty keeps but mediocre in the daytime.

in WvW

MajorKong.8095

We at IRON and our allies SHC, AA and Yum are holding down one borderland but thats about all we can do.

and [LoR]!

MajorKong
My WvW review

in WvW

Posted by: iHaukka.2815

iHaukka.2815

Since there are some people who like to see scoreboards for each matchup.. I share this one.

Its 21:39 here when posting and only matter of time before Kodash strikes. Too bad Desolation haven’t really been any threat.. Though I have only played on Desolation borderland so I do not know about others.

Attachments:

One does simply walk into keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Fact is we don’t have that many people who actually WvW. We don’t have the numbers to spread out and do well on all maps.

Surely it’s better to pool our strength and create a strong area in a single map?

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Rezo.4815

@Zid We can’t be everywhere at once and we try and keep what we have on one borderland, this requires a big investment of money and time the pugs are unable to do for some peculiar reason.
@Brunners We have the people its just noone wants to do that first push to get the first keep.

[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

in WvW

Posted by: Epoch.5396

Epoch.5396

SFR average heh

I played on Gandara vs Deso when you were strong and played vs SFR the week later. They were just out of your class when you were “good”.

Although like Gandara you were never really that great but had a massive pop.

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Quintosh.9613

Quintosh.9613

Only reason why Desolace got higher up in the rankings is because of the 24h matchups and the earlygame zergs which scored them some points, and now with the 2 week matches they get pinned against people with actual organization.

And SFR is far from average, our only weakness is the night-time because as far as I know, we dont have a single nightguild defending the towers and keeps we gain during the prime-time.

We have several very, very good pvp guilds and commanders, and the reason why we started quite low because our alliance didnt kick before the 1 week match-ups started, now we are fully running and getting up the ladder quite steadily. I do give credit to Kodash for the last couple days, you guys have been doing great job defending your keeps against us, and we’ve had pretty awesome fights in SFR and Desolace borderlands during prime-times, it’s nice to see all 3 servers inside one keep trying to get a control of it. I really do like this matchup, too bad Desolation is lacking in either manpower or competent leaders. Keep up the good fight and good luck to everyone.

My concern, like quite many others, are those teleporting orb stealers and no-clippers, I saw one in EB puzzle last night too. Just hoping arenanet gets on that issue fast, since there are screenshots and lots of reports from people seeing certain inviduals on Kodash exploiting and hacking.

But anyways, keep up the good fight. You guys are giving us a nice challenge and very intense fights at the moment, and the week is just starting.

(edited by Quintosh.9613)

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Supposedly you do have at least one NA guild for the night time, I’m sure someone else said in this thread? And you do have some sort of night time numbers so I’d be inclined to believe you have at least one night time guild

in WvW

Posted by: taro.2568

taro.2568

great night @desolation borderland, one of the most amazing evening
i’m doing some footage /bow from OSC (the garrison keepers :P )

Taro Threekeys – Charr Pusher – The Oscure [OSC]
Zergatron OSC WvW blog

in WvW

Bellatrix.5402

It was nice to see Desolation put up a bit of a fight in Deso Borderlands today (looks like an OSC poster beat me to it).

Granted it would nice to more complicated tactics, but the current state of the game – lag, culling, hacks – is pushing everyone to big zergs with 3 seconds in between each skill with invisible enemies. (Seriously, it gets worse each day)

Now there’s a new bug where there’s another loading screen near the “normal” exit of the initial waypoint. Apparently if you hit it twice it disconnects you (LOL), so you have to use the north or south exits – it disconnected most members of the guild I’m in and most never logged back in. THIS GAME :W

in WvW

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

Just logged to WvW and sadly I witnessed the same old story. At this moment no Keep across borderlands have altar of power, except the Kodash ones that have orbs. The hacker destroyed every Altar across maps so that we could not claim it back from Kodash. This week match is a complete disaster with this hacker’s personal life drama/revenge, so at least can we all servers agree to make the match a bit more fair?
Can we at least split the orbs somehow or Kodash exchange the bonus of Orbs that has with some points? Dunno we must work this out, somehow…Please feel free to recommend solutions and at least enjoy this week. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Alvar.6891

Alvar.6891

about altar of power

we (Desolation on Kodash Borderlands) had the orb – placed it to the altar in our keep – but after 10-20 min my screen stuck – and our altar of power was destroyed – moreover orb moved by itself – i catched it near the north west gates of the keep – since that time our altar didnt reset – and we cant place orb – ANet – what happening ?

Attachments:

(edited by Alvar.6891)

in WvW

Rezo.4815

Thanks Kodash, please handle your hacker. He is destoying all the altars so we can’t have the orb….

[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

in WvW

Posted by: Tristanian.6084

Tristanian.6084

Yep I can confirm that all altars on Deso and SR keeps have been broken by this nefarious individual. Altar breaking has been out since release and 1 month later it’s still an issue. Matchups at the moment are a farse and no before you even say it, I’m not stating this to justify Desolation’s score. We would probably be losing even with orbs but then again who is to say. Arena Net are you reading this ? Do you intend to do something about the hacks (preferably during this lifetime) ? If not, we might as well bail now.

Tristanian, Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Legacy of Raiders [LoR] Officer
Desolation EU

in WvW

Rezo.4815

I think we on Desolation are the last in this matchup to not hack to get an advantage now.. :/
Wish Arenanet would have this under control.

[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

Hi guys, this it what it looks like to not be able to place an orb… for 15 minutes… twice…

Hi A-Net. There have been multiple reports of the individual doing this, there have been screeenshots of him, videos of him, and he is still breaking the WvWvW right now.

Go fix it. Now. If you cannot fix it right now at least BAN him RIGHT now, also you should think about a legal suit against him, as he is affecting your playerbase, which-in turn, may turn out to you loosing money… Just sayin…

- Bloodsteel

P.S.: by the way, just to make this clear. I am not blaming Kodash at all! This is one individual who is ruining everyones fun. So don’t hate on servers…

Attachments:

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Nocturn.7682

Nocturn.7682

We at IRON and our allies SHC, AA and Yum are holding down one borderland but thats about all we can do. Guilds that title theirselves “top tier WvW guilds” (you know who i am talking about lol) aren’t doing absolutely anything to fix the situation on the other maps.

while we do not focus on just one borderlands as IRON is, to say we aren’t doing anything is a load of bs and you know it. But I’m not going to start any argument in here.

So far we had some good moments, too bad about the hackers. We took stonemist and successfully defended it for a couple of hours against 2 servers, probably one of the most epic battle i have encountered so far.

We will not win this matchup (again, sigh), but that doesn’t stop it from being fun (with the occasional moment of frustration). Hopefully, when we start winning again, the population will start growing again and we can actually get back up in the tiers. The main problem, as pointed out before, is the lack of players in WvW. even on primetime queues are mostly nonexistent.

Genesis Gaming [gg] – Desolation

in WvW

Rezo.4815

@Nocturn
If you really honestly market yourself as a WvW guild at all i would expect you guys to deliver to the proud people of Desolation a great victory on Desolation borderlands where we understood you were going to be in the first place.
Give a credible reason for calling yourself a TOP TIER WvW guild and show us what you can do. Deliver to us Desolation Garrison and keep it from morning till dawn, make your server proud.
Don’t give up just because we are last. As a wise man once said -
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade – make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your kitten lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I’m going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

in WvW

Laivine.9308

I wonder why nobody from Kodash comments on this thread…I guess cuz they are fully advantaging from this situation? Oh well….prove me wrong!

in WvW

Posted by: Jack Mc Daniel.5624

Jack Mc Daniel.5624

I wonder why nobody from Kodash comments on this thread…I guess cuz they are fully advantaging from this situation? Oh well….prove me wrong!

Because Kodash is a german server and most people there prefer to post on the german forum. But there’s also a thread about the current match:

https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Desolation-vs-Seafarer-s-Rest-vs-Kodash

in WvW

Laivine.9308

Because Kodash is a german server and most people there prefer to post on the german forum. But there’s also a thread about the current match:

https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Desolation-vs-Seafarer-s-Rest-vs-Kodash

I would prefer to speak my native language as well, but I am forced to use English so that I can be able to communicate with players worldwide. Especially today we would need to communicate with people from Kodash to work this out. But I guess I must translate all this thread, because they cannot bother talking English for a change…sigh

in WvW

Laivine.9308

Well, I can’t be bothered anymore…obviously nobody wants to find a solution, so …
Even from the german thread that you posted I am unable to find any word of making a fair game week…unless my google translator failed terribly.

It’s a shame cuz I really wanted to invest my time this week in WvW fully. I’d rather level my alt. Good luck with all this nonsense.

in WvW

Posted by: ako.8973

ako.8973

We (deso) seem to love making excuses, whining about nightcapping when we won primarily due to nightcapping just 2 short weeks ago, now complaining about the orb hacking (which is bad ofc) as if this is the one factor that is having an effect on the actual outcome of this weeks match.

Two of the servers larger guilds forum bickering shows exactly where we are at with server teamwork.

Big Picture
Desolation ~ Just the [Tip]

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

I hope Anet react fast on this issue, this week match is the first match with really good opponents and a ton of fun on the battlefield, but if cheating comes in the match this sucks for all 3 sides.

Anet do something quick!

And thanks to SFR and Desolation for the good fights!

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: IKShadow.4582

IKShadow.4582

I really hope arena does something about getting free score’s in “off times”.

Seafarer rest had over 10K above Kodash in Saturday night and Sunday morning it was down to 2K due “night capping” from Sunday to monday morning they got 10K score above SF.

The problem is not night capping the problem is getting the score when there is no fight. The system should promote getting scores ONLY WHEN there is a fight.

So if there are night squads fighting over objectives they should get scores but capping objectives on empty maps and then getting score on same empty maps for hours and hours its just plain stupid.

FUtilez.com Mature Gaming Guild part of Seafarer’s Rest Community Site

in WvW

Brunners.7251

Points should definitely scale down depending on time of day.

If people in off peak hours got half the points of people at prime time, they should still make about the same amount of points in the time span as prime time people do, rather than double.

The only problem I have with my idea is you might still get relatively empty maps on weekdays (due to people working) so people might still benefit from full points then, don’t know.

You could base off peak hours depending on where the server is. EU servers are in Germany so middle of the german night would be off peak.

Should keep it fun and rewarding enough without making the scores go absolutely crazy.

The fact that Kodash have managed to gain 20k+ points to zoom past Seafarers is a bit unsettling. They really do benefit from the night time.

Also, Desolation does like to whine, that’s true. I don’t think anyone’s stupid enough to think we’d be winning if it weren’t for the hackers though. What we whine about are legit concerns: hacking, lack of organisation and a small night time presence.

When I’ve been on during prime time though this week has been one of my most enjoyable so far. Shame it’s been decided by the night cappers again.

in WvW

Posted by: The Monk.3672

The Monk.3672

@Nocturn
If you really honestly market yourself as a WvW guild at all i would expect you guys to deliver to the proud people of Desolation a great victory on Desolation borderlands where we understood you were going to be in the first place.
Give a credible reason for calling yourself a TOP TIER WvW guild and show us what you can do. Deliver to us Desolation Garrison and keep it from morning till dawn, make your server proud.
Don’t give up just because we are last. As a wise man once said -
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade – make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your kitten lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I’m going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

@Rezo

And you claim to be a “TOP TIER WvW guild”? Not from what I have seen over the last few nights. I took the effort to follow 2 of your commander just to see how you roll. What a complete disaster that was. Never again. I prefer our 5-10 man roaming groups as they are far more effective. Especially at denying the enemy team supplies.

UKCS – Desolation

in WvW

MajorKong.8095

Monk, if you would like to know how we really roll check out http://www.majorkong.net.

MajorKong
My WvW review

in WvW

Brunners.7251

That is one thing I’ve noticed. Almost all of our commanders are totally inept and have no idea what they’re doing.

I can think of maybe two that I think have the right idea and I’d follow. Beyond that they’re just a shiny icon leading a mindless zerg to bash their heads repeatedly against keep walls.

The amount of times I watch a couple of commanders way point and run back out of the borderlands followed by the zerg entity is face palm worthy.

in WvW

Bellatrix.5402

SFR player here. Just to play devil’s advocate a bit I don’t really blame Kodash for the nightcapping thing – heck they did it just a couple weeks ago when we faced them, same story in round #2. In fact last time around the other server facing us (Elona’s Reach I believe?) got the hint and started nightcapping by about the 3rd day. It’s Arenanet’s choice to publicly endorse it and make the outmanned buff give laugh worthy bonuses.

Sidenote: Mesmer portal bombs aren’t that hard to counter. The problem is you need coordination and people reacting quickly, but if you DO counter it properly you can wipe the other raid faster than the portal bomb could have wiped you. On SFR there are at least 2 guilds that are proficient in it, so if you are on another server during prime time I’d just keep an eye out for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Epoch.5396

Epoch.5396

I have no issues with a server capping in the night thats currently how some have to compete. I do have a problem with Anet as they should attempt to discourage scoring in empty borderlands which they aren’t atm.

I will say though. Whoever wins this match up is moving into the 24 hour server brackets which means they will need a strong night population. They will also need a good daytime pop.

[wasp]Epoch
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

@Bellatrix

Your server is going properly hardcore at Kodash lol… Good too see ( as a deso player )

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx