Kudos to a mesmer.

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

To the sylvari mesmer (rank: Recruit) in [Aegis], North Shiverpeaks, fighting in the Henge of Denravi Borderland: this Henge warrior salutes you.

That was the most splendid display of how a mesmer should be played that I have seen, in all the time this game has been out. With 5-6 of us on you, alone, you still managed to avoid getting killed. It was aggravating to the extreme – and in the end, that emotion is the key to knowing you are facing a true mesmer.

I simply had to congratulate you. It’s possibly my favorite class, even if I’m not half so skilled at it as that, and seeing a true artist at work made me want to offer congratulations, in the only neutral venue I could find. (Hopefully you read this, or someone who knows you does.)

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

1vBad is always a fun fight.

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

phase retreat – decoy -blink -mas invisiblity -phase retreat -bye bye

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Mesmer is a faceroll class that has so many ways to avoid damage. I cannot respect such for getting away since it is very easy to do on a Mesmer. I almost feel like I have a god mode cheat on when I play my Mesmer.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Duke Darkwood.4237

Yeah, but I’ve dealt with mesmers before, who were merely… effective. They aggravate people, because that’s what mesmers DO, and they usually make it out of fights when they are overpowered. But they don’t impress me.

This was a cut above that, and as someone who loves the class concept and so seldom sees it enacted so amazingly well, I felt I had to give the person their due. Like I said, that particular mesmer elevated it to an art form.

And besides, this one didn’t immediately withdraw, even given the odds – this player had effectively kept a few of us busy for something like 3-5 minutes, and only turned to thoughts of escape when a couple more of ours joined in.

Never killed any of us, either, but I had begun to suspect that wasn’t the person’s intention halfway through the fight – I was worrying that the length of the battle was going to distract us from executing our own plans, then figured that might just have been the point.

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Kurojin.3495

Kurojin.3495

mesmers are pathetic

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Yeah, but I’ve dealt with mesmers before, who were merely… effective. They aggravate people, because that’s what mesmers DO, and they usually make it out of fights when they are overpowered. But they don’t impress me.

This was a cut above that, and as someone who loves the class concept and so seldom sees it enacted so amazingly well, I felt I had to give the person their due. Like I said, that particular mesmer elevated it to an art form.

And besides, this one didn’t immediately withdraw, even given the odds – this player had effectively kept a few of us busy for something like 3-5 minutes, and only turned to thoughts of escape when a couple more of ours joined in.

Never killed any of us, either, but I had begun to suspect that wasn’t the person’s intention halfway through the fight – I was worrying that the length of the battle was going to distract us from executing our own plans, then figured that might just have been the point.

I see what you mean, good point.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

mesmers are pathetic

/sigh

I’m a thief, and I don’t like playing as/against mes, but to call them “pathetic” is simply lying. Bad mesmers are pathetic. Good ones are some of the best players in the game. They also happen to be a pain in the kitten.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Mesmers, Fun when they are in your group and Annoying when they are the enemy.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Thanks for the post. I wasnt trying to delay you or anything i was just testing a new trait set up.

Ida

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Duke Darkwood.4237

Ah! You do read this! Well, your setup worked. grin

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

Mesmer is a faceroll class that has so many ways to avoid damage. I cannot respect such for getting away since it is very easy to do on a Mesmer. I almost feel like I have a god mode cheat on when I play my Mesmer.

It’s pretty rude and inconsiderate to simply demean a players efforts because of the class they play. He/she probably worked hard to learn their class. I myself have spent countless hours learning my characters, and trying to be the best I can be.

Regardless of that, the mesmer is kinda the class that is meant to be elusive and tricky. That’s like saying you can’t respect a Guardian because he has too many ways to tank damage and heal himself.

In any light, I do enjoy posts like this. Good sportsmanship is always great to come by. Keep it up ~

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

Kudos to a mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

>faceroll class
>mmo

okay

Tier 1 Casual