LF WvW detailed GROUP builds 30+

in WvW

Posted by: AstraStarr.5018

AstraStarr.5018

Q:

Hi. Im looking for VERY detailed GROUP wvw builds. I ask my commanders for reason why they do things and they cannot always provide me with the source of their ideas and proof of the conclusions. I think scientifically and would like mathematically thought out logical build ideas that don’t use fallacious appeals. I know they must exist because ive seen extremely specific personal and havoc group builds. Someone MUST have come up with large builds by now. I see groups as puzzles with unique pieces that fit together. Does anyone know of any? When I say specific I don’t mean- yeah some guardians for stability, a mesmer for portals. I mean something like (Im making this up for example and it has no relevance otherwise) 3 Pistol & Dagger thieves w/ traits & such and such utilities- 2 dagger/ dagger thieves etc etc… 2 staff guardians- traits/utility/armor. Such and such type of warrior combined with X number of such and such type of warrior…. etc. Using specific signets that if pressed in this order give X number of people X for X amount of time… With all the math that explains the interactions between them. And then I assume a multiplier for larger numbers (like if you give a 10 man build then a 20 man build would have 2 of everything?) I will find examples- but all of those are smaller groups and Im looking for something for zergs not scouts. Thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

28 guardians 1 staff ele 1 mesmer

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

28 guardians 1 staff ele 1 mesmer

That was last month. This month it’s 13 guardians, 13 necros, 2 staff eles, 2 mesmers

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Na it’s 6 warriors, 9 guardians, 6 staff eles, 3 glamour mesmers and 6 plague necros.

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

in WvW

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

You’re asking for the impossible, OP.

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

Most of the guilds have this, but most of them also keep them secret. Its a fun thing making a puzzle like you described, try to make your own. Otherwise try to ask a guild that is on your server, they might help you (although I still think they will keep most of it a secret).

Pug commanders never use specific builds because he has to work with what he gets. So don’t even ask them.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

If you’re looking for things as specific as signet/skill rotations
, you’re going to be disappointed. Unless you’re playing against a group that just stands still on one spot auto-attacking, you need builds and players who are flexible and can adapt to different and unexpected situations. Trying to stick rigidly to a plan devised hours or days in advance will get you killed.

As far as team composition goes, the current meta is to have 1 or 2 of each of the caster classes (ele, mes, necro) for their combo fields and utilities, and then stack all other players as heavy melee, often something like 70/30 guardian/warrior.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

I always want to see if there are 30 engineers who each throw out 3-4 turrets (stacked) and mortars with extended range. :P And some use tool kit to pull people into range XD. It’s not going to happen in my server unfortunately so I am gonna keep dreaming~ :P

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Just add anything that spins in circles with big weapons.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

If you’re looking for things as specific as signet/skill rotations
, you’re going to be disappointed. Unless you’re playing against a group that just stands still on one spot auto-attacking, you need builds and players who are flexible and can adapt to different and unexpected situations. Trying to stick rigidly to a plan devised hours or days in advance will get you killed.

This.

Once you kill a mob, however difficult, you always know how to kill it from then on. A player, however, learns from mistakes and can counter you, making the fights more challenging and fun than PvE can ever be. You also have to keep looking around to see what else is coming; players don’t have aggro ranges. Rigidity is for PvE, as the same thing works every time; having to be flexible and think on your feet is what makes WvW fun.

They key is knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the group you are running with and knowing how best to apply yourself to help your group. Specific rotations only work against mindless zergs who fail to use their cc properly. Use that against a good group with half your numbers, and you will be wiped.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

(edited by Neeho.3859)

in WvW

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

Math:
3 banners + 6 static fields + 6 plagues + 15 guardians = Good

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

For every 5 guardians, 2 warriors, 2 ele’s, 2 Mesmer, 2 thiefs (2 of all those because its always good to have a spare in case 1 breaks down) and Rangers, Necros and Engineers need not apply or feel free to join the opposing servers, so we can get more loot bags.

I thank you…

Errrm actually scaling that upto 30+, doesn’t work really cause 6 thiefs/mesmers probably to much, so have 3 of each and have 6 extra guardians…

So 21 guardians, 6 warriors, 6 Ele’s, 3 Mesmer and 3 thiefs should be fairly awesome…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.1859

Zen.1859

How about you take the time and experiment with all this yourself instead of just asking for it to be handed to you… that’s what i have been doing.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I enjoyed the last answer the most, especially exluding rangers, necros and engineers.

Please feel free to exclude necros especially, and even more especially if you are fighting against SFR or Gandara, and I’ll enjoy helping wipe your party.

I feel my necro is OP, until I’m downed, then realise my downed HP is broken…worst time to discover it is when u have just managed to down the other player in a 1v1 and he downs u with his downed skills and then u die as your downed HP pool is broken! Was still a good fight and thanks for the /bow afterwards – one day I will run a solo necro build , it’s already fun to chase thiefs around the map, solo built would be even funnier.

To the OP- not going to happen, mainly as what works well with a particular set of players won’t work with another even with identical skill sets- you have to mold the builds to suit both the leader of the group and it’s players.

Try 2 guardians, 2 warriors 2 ele 2 mes 2 thiefs 7 necro 7 ranger 6 engineers ( I made that up randomly, although could be kinda funny, I’ll call it the ‘zergstopper’ build as it’s designed to stop a zerg in it’s tracks…).

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: snowaugar.1823

snowaugar.1823

Epi necros have their place but for zerg running nowhere as good as a mitigation well based build like I run its quite amazing for mitigating the damage you and your group takes