LFG WVW does it make sense at all?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

We dont need LFG we have:

-Friends playing WvW in the contacts we can see where they are
-Guild members playing on WvW we can see where they are
-We have map chat theres plenty of talk and players asking where and what teams present on map are doing when they loggon to WvW.
-We have team chat(something that we WvW were asking for 3-4years)
-We have usually1 tag and sometimes 2, players that were not in the that usually are denfending or capping back camps/roamming.

LFG is a useless tool for WvW the only way to make players use it is cutt players interaction and force them to use a LFG tool for WvW wich means Kills even more WvW….?

Stop wasting time in useless stuff…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Bet lots of people will be like “waitwut there is a LFG for WvW??”.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Yafahasha.5837

Yafahasha.5837

Bet lots of people will be like “waitwut there is a LFG for WvW??”.

Yep that was me haha

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

i would bet the only change to LFG is the options to add squad besides a party… i dont even know if that is present already since LFG is the most useles QoL thing since it is not needed.
Even if it is not already in game, announcing it as if was something that players care, it is lame.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Well, you’d need an LFG if servers were abolished and people were either red team, blue team or green team.

I just hope it isn’t the herald of some big change up like that which essentially turns WvW into EotM.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

IC your point apharma but..
In EOTM do people use LFG in EOTM ?

LFG might make sense IF they abolish the servers completelly, and make game per factions, keep using server like eotm on WVW IMO doesnt make any sense at all, if they keep rotating servers inside the 3 colors… looks like a mess w/o any logic behind as well.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I dunno, I don’t use EotM these last few years and never look at the LFG part for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Well, you’d need an LFG if servers were abolished and people were either red team, blue team or green team.

This occurred to me also, in that context it would make sense, but for WvW as it is now, it makes no sense at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Current WvW LFG process.

If you are in a guild that raids, ask in TS “what map” port to map, or if you are waiting for TS to load, check in guild roster which map everyone else is on then port to map. Join squad.

If you are not in a guild that raids but want to be part of a zerg. Either choose Blue/Green BL (Choose BL of the server that isn’t dominating), or EBG, look for pin, head for pin. Join squad.

If you are a roamer, go to Red BL. Type in map chat “anyone else here?”

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

LFG for WvW don’t make me laugh! Like it makes no sense whatsoever!

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Of course WvW has an LFG, it always has – you go to a map and look for a tag.
You can even start a group by tagging up yourself.

In addition to both these LFG modes, I sometimes roam with a friend or two, and if someone wants to join party they do although this is more of a Found A Group system.

Not sure what “improvements” Anet will make to these though….

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Maybe they are considering an improved LFG along side the ability to run private tags? If they make the LFG interface discreet yet easily accessable from the WvW HUD it could be good.

So you click button on screen and it pops up list of squads in wvw sorted by map. Closed/Private squads are in grey but hotjoin ones are in green. Full are in red. Maybe even room for a description.

Green Borderlands, Squad 13/30, [STRM] OCX Raid next 3hrs All Welcome (map float)
Blue Borderlands, Party 3/5, Roaming group camps/sentries/towers no noobs please

As examples

(edited by Justine.6351)

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

You say its useless, but every day i see people in wvw asking if there’s a group around. If they draw in people with rewards, and make it easier for them to find people to play with this could easily draw in the players that we desperately need in wvw and encourage them to stick around. This will help with the population problem. Its not a solution to the problem, but it will definitely help and be positive in the long term especially if they continue to make well thought out adjustments to wvw systems.

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

You say its useless, but every day i see people in wvw asking if there’s a group around. If they draw in people with rewards, and make it easier for them to find people to play with this could easily draw in the players that we desperately need in wvw and encourage them to stick around. This will help with the population problem. Its not a solution to the problem, but it will definitely help and be positive in the long term especially if they continue to make well thought out adjustments to wvw systems.

Agreed,
When I tried to start WvW I spent days with no idea what to do there, until one day I joined Eotm, I started to follow a commander, I soon learned that WvW is for Ktrain.

The elitist slag complains about the population, the k-train, the ball-zerg, but something tells me that these are the same ones who spend the day doing duels, afk in Ebg and talking nonsense in the chat. I think if all thes ppl want is small individual battles, why not go for pvp? It is eternally 5×5 and there they can “shine” on how good they are in chat without being nibbled by the “miserable noobs”.

The fact no one admits is that WvW is hostile to beginners and counter-intuitive. It is much easier to start in PVP than in WvW, even in Raids there is something like “training groups”.

A intuitive LFG will be good for small raid commands, small groups doing small missions. The “system” of short names in chat, is still counter-intuitive for beginners.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

in WvW

Posted by: Andromeda.8293

Andromeda.8293

Maybe LFG for wvw would be useful on smaller servers? I can see it’s usefulness for eotm, but I don’t recall seeing any eotm lfgs the few times I’ve actually looked at that tab. I’m not sure, I can’t see any large server using it – there’s already a player established means of forming squads and I don’t see this changing any time soon.

And yes wvw can be unwelcoming to new wvw players, but it’s like any other game mode – most don’t want to hold your hand to help you get better (it’s even harder when you’re 1 person to keep track of in a group of 25+), it’s nice when people come in knowing with an idea of what the wvw meta is and what is expected of your class. I feel as though wvw is much less elitist now than it was a few years ago. Anyway no one wants to deal with the pug rally bots/die on first push. Like pve there are many guilds in wvw that you can join that are welcoming to beginners who will help you with wvw builds etc. If you’re having an issue with dying or the like, I would suggest recording your game play and rewatching it, you are your own best critic.

That said, I’m really excited for the new wvw rewards and the influx of players this is going to bring to wvw!

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

i would bet the only change to LFG is the options to add squad besides a party… i dont even know if that is present already since LFG is the most useles QoL thing since it is not needed.
Even if it is not already in game, announcing it as if was something that players care, it is lame.

There is nothing wrong with having a group finder. The only thing lame is to complain about an optional to use tool that helps players and teams get more organized.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Agreed,
When I tried to start WvW I spent days with no idea what to do there, until one day I joined Eotm, I started to follow a commander, I soon learned that WvW is for Ktrain.

The elitist slag complains about the population, the k-train, the ball-zerg, but something tells me that these are the same ones who spend the day doing duels, afk in Ebg and talking nonsense in the chat. I think if all thes ppl want is small individual battles, why not go for pvp? It is eternally 5×5 and there they can “shine” on how good they are in chat without being nibbled by the “miserable noobs”.

The fact no one admits is that WvW is hostile to beginners and counter-intuitive. It is much easier to start in PVP than in WvW, even in Raids there is something like “training groups”.

A intuitive LFG will be good for small raid commands, small groups doing small missions. The “system” of short names in chat, is still counter-intuitive for beginners.

This is honestly some of the best feedback I’ve seen in a month. If WvW is too hard to get started in, we’ll be hard pressed to solve the population issues. I think I’ll try and put together a thread to get more thoughts specifically on how to ease new players into the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The LFG changes, quite frankly, sound great. It encourages commanders to list their squads in LFG because then people can auto-join when they enter the map, and it means that newer players can go to the LFG to find players to play with, which is great for encouraging them to get going and figure things out. As a veteran player it means I don’t have to open the map when I enter a WvW map and find a commander, I can just click and go.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

sorry im from a small server, we dont have necessity for LFG, but Rising Dusk.2408 that actually make sense but just for servers that can fill a map, they can use LFG since they are ktrainin with other groups other bl’s or eb..

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Perhaps the LFG tool is not aimed solely at veterans but also at potential newcomers attracted by other features. PvE people have been conditioned by HoT to look in LFG to find a squad. Why wouldn’t they do so were they to enter WvW?

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

humm LFG condi squad looking for more condi aoe builds or thiefs stacking, that is the only player organization i can imagine off..
players intead of play with every one will get their gimmick mentality just to play with other gimmickers.

we already know how some builds are stupidly broken when stacked…

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Some of you need to put on your newbie shoes and walk around in their steps for a bit to understand why a functional LFG will help wvw.

Just because you don’t need it because you personally have 50 friends, a couple wvw guilds, on your server teamspeak waiting around all the time for you to play in wvw, doesn’t mean everyone does.

New and casual players can be intimidated from the game mode, which practically has no tutorial on the many aspects of it. If LFG is going to provide a good starting point for new and casual players to join an established group or commander that is willing to take on those players, right as they jump into the game mode, that alone will be worth it.

Let’s face it many experienced wvw players only play with their guilds or private groups or friends, that has helped prevent new players from giving wvw a fair chance. Not really that much different than what raids go through where a lot of players are intimidated to bother looking for a group to even try it.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

XenesisII.1540, actually i play guildless for most time, i play on a small server, and im complete casual, from my 20+ contactus probably 1 or 2 are online and lucky both are in WvW…

like i said i play on a small server where i dont see this helping, for the pve players part, i dont see the diference in what LFG will help them, wvw has only one way to be played basicly, if they change some stuff in future the LFG change might be a good adition, but with that we have now i think it is useless to new and older players…

does anything else will change that players will require the LFGmost of time? if so they are starting to change what should be changed last..

Just …. if they close EOTM….

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Going to abuse the LFG system to increase my chances of AB farm meta empty eotm ktrain maps.

Anyone wanna join?

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540, actually i play guildless for most time, i play on a small server, and im complete casual, from my 20+ contactus probably 1 or 2 are online and lucky both are in WvW…

like i said i play on a small server where i dont see this helping, for the pve players part, i dont see the diference in what LFG will help them, wvw has only one way to be played basicly, if they change some stuff in future the LFG change might be a good adition, but with that we have now i think it is useless to new and older players…

does anything else will change that players will require the LFGmost of time? if so they are starting to change what should be changed last..

Just …. if they close EOTM….

Did you bother to read the entire part about LFG?

Now, when you enter WvW, the squad/party UI along the side will display three squads and three parties for you to join that are currently listed in World vs. World Squad Play or Party Play.

That alone will change how fast new or casual players connect with wvw every time. With the incentive to have a commander tag on and needing 5 players in order to get the pip bonuses, there should be groups/squads listed often now on the side.

Veteran players don’t need this feature or will see much value of it because they’re already established in wvw with their friends/guilds/server ts. But for new or casual players it should help them immensely in just jumping in and being able to pick up a willing group right away and get right into it, and not wander around aimlessly for periods of time wondering wtf to do. Also be less intimidated to get involved in team/map chat which can be down right mean sometimes, and just start off with small groups. If you haven’t seen it in the pve maps there are actual commanders willing to help players in there, and I expect this will carry over into wvw as well.

I probably wouldn’t use this feature much anyways, but I don’t see how it’s bad for making it easier for newer players to step into wvw.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

IC your point apharma but..
In EOTM do people use LFG in EOTM ?

LFG might make sense IF they abolish the servers completelly, and make game per factions, keep using server like eotm on WVW IMO doesnt make any sense at all, if they keep rotating servers inside the 3 colors… looks like a mess w/o any logic behind as well.

I check LFG often, even WvW and not once have I seen anything posted in that category or many other categories that are beyond useless.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security