LOL @ dragonbrand camping puzzle with siege

in WvW

Posted by: Vehementi.1094

Vehementi.1094

The shame and embarrassment your team must feel for you camping the jumping puzzle with siege. Condolences.

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

That’s what you do when you know you’re bad

CD

in WvW

Posted by: Phara Miu.2816

Phara Miu.2816

They should have never ever put PvE stuff inside a WvW zone…
Not only does it add to the already horrible queue for people who only play this game for WvW.
But seeing 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 people around that puzzle is game breaking not to mention your server is down with alot of force.

I have no respect for pve players inside a WvW zone that do not contribute to battle in one way or another.
Maybe of it was 1000vs1000vs1000 it would be diffrent story, but missing alot of people inside WvW has a major impact in balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Hix.8925

Hix.8925

The thing that doesn’t make sense is that at peak time (when all 3 teams are populated), Maguuma and Tarnished Coast attack each other, instead of completely wiping out Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Posted by: Oxzy.2376

Oxzy.2376

We had this done to us more times that I could care to remember…

@Phara I don’t understand, completing a jumping puzzle gives you siege blueprints to contribute in WvW. It is as much PvE as taking a sentry point or yakslapping.

in WvW

Vehementi.1094

Haha, killed them all and all their siege, then they brought double the people

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

The shame and embarrassment your team must feel for you camping the jumping puzzle with siege. Condolences.

Happens everywhere I think.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamos.2897

Kamos.2897

Oxzy.2376

I don’t understand, completing a jumping puzzle gives you siege blueprints to contribute in WvW. It is as much PvE as taking a sentry point or yakslapping.

Actually no, it isn’t. Taking a sentry point or protecting a caravan are tasks with direct WvW significance.

Making the jump puzzle is the tiresomely long way to get a few random blueprints that you could have instantly provided for your team by buying them at the siege vendor. The money you use there you can get outside WvW; the time you spend doing the jump puzzle, on the other hand, is time someone isn’t using to do something useful for the team. And it gets even worse if said jump puzzle is being camped by a few of your opponents.

Also, there are lots of people queuing for WvW just to make the jump puzzle and then leave. There is rich orichalcum in there, you know.

in WvW

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

Can’t help the fact that we take over the entire map, and you guys run off to do the jumping puzzle, since it’s the only place we can find you guys.

in WvW

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

OP’s post proves there were right doing so, if i can get a post here each time i camp this area then i think i will start doing it

You gave them a great present posting your rage here, i guess are laughing a lot (as i am now).

in WvW

Posted by: Click.5123

Click.5123

Dragonbrand gets bored camping Maguuma’s and Tarnished Coast’s spawns, so some people decided it’d be fun to camp the jumping puzzles too….

Hint: Dragonbrand is green

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

The real problem is that neither Maguuma or Tarnished Coast have a night time presence to keep up with Dragonbrand. So it’s almost pointless to even try at this point when you just night-cap and rack up points when no one’s around.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

The real problem is that neither Maguuma or Tarnished Coast have a night time presence to keep up with Dragonbrand. So it’s almost pointless to even try at this point when you just night-cap and rack up points when no one’s around.

Essentially this.
We held our own initially, but overnight on the first day, DB was able to take and upgrade almost every point on the map. Dreadfall bay for example was already fully upgraded by the time we had enough players to make any meaningful attempt at fighting back, and we had to do it the slow, careful way of cutting supply lines, and trebbing from secure choke points. All while having the “Out-manned” buff.

Now that we are several days in, no one wants to queue up because any gain we make is lost overnight.

As a result, it’s more fun just to deathmatch with the few Maguuma players out there, than it is to gain the attention of the DB horde.

Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

(edited by Dwok Immortalus.2763)

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I had fun waving and dancing in front of DB this evening. Fun guys, if not for their desire to kill me and my companions.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

Posted by: Lohengrin.3284

Lohengrin.3284

They should have never ever put PvE stuff inside a WvW zone…
Not only does it add to the already horrible queue for people who only play this game for WvW.
But seeing 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 people around that puzzle is game breaking not to mention your server is down with alot of force.

I have no respect for pve players inside a WvW zone that do not contribute to battle in one way or another.
Maybe of it was 1000vs1000vs1000 it would be diffrent story, but missing alot of people inside WvW has a major impact in balance.

Agree with this 100%. In TC we lost a tower because there were about 15 people trying to take out the grub – which is literally a few steps away from the tower under siege – instead of rushing to its defense. I was truly embarrassed with my realm in that moment …

in WvW

Posted by: Nethres.7168

Nethres.7168

This makes me wonder, what would happen if all servers just agree’d to not play WvW when dragonbrand was one of the 3?

Sure you let Dragonbrand win, but really, you create a large problem that Anet couldn’t ignore, and that is 3 servers denied WvW when one server is a participate

MMO history would be made if that could be organized.

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Siege shouldn’t be allowed in the puzzle imo.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Nethres.7168

Nethres.7168

Siege shouldn’t be allowed in the puzzle imo.

Think about it, Dragonbrand – The server where WvW doesn’t happen lololol

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

This makes me wonder, what would happen if all servers just agree’d to not play WvW when dragonbrand was one of the 3?

Sure you let Dragonbrand win, but really, you create a large problem that Anet couldn’t ignore, and that is 3 servers denied WvW when one server is a participate

MMO history would be made if that could be organized.

I don’t even understand this statement. Dragonbrand gets rolled by other servers…actually, plenty of other servers.

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Soutalgon.3827

Soutalgon.3827

We don’t have the night time coverage the biggest servers have. TC and Maguuma are just far weaker the most servers. I have been on Dragonbrand since day 1, never transferred. Trust me when I say DB is not the best server(currently) and we definitely do not have 24/7 coverage as you are led to believe. TC/Mag are just so demoralized they dont queue, dont have the numbers or dedication to win and use inferior tactics. BTW, the whole siege in the puzzle area? ya, TC started that first.

You want to talk about 24/7 night time coverage? Look to blackgate and the other top servers.

in WvW

SoPP.7034

TC/Mag are just so demoralized they dont queue.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
‘Night capping’ and whatever other phenomena you want to dig up is not the real issue.

Psychologically most people will simply give up, once a particular threshold is met. Meaning the work they have to accomplish to get back from losing to winning becomes too great.

in WvW

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

Dragobrand vs. Maguuma vs. Tarnished Coast was a fair and competitive match-up in Dragobrand’s favour when the match first began, we (Maguuma) and TC each holding our own against Dragonbrand.

…which all changed at the start of the week. With no night presence and the weekend crowd gone we started getting completely demolished, which lowered the morale of our players which meant that a lot of people stopped playing WvW, which fed back into the numbers issue and we get steam-rolled some more. Even during prime-time our maps aren’t full any more or have very short ques, so anything we do capture is lost overnight.

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

TC/Mag are just so demoralized they dont queue.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
‘Night capping’ and whatever other phenomena you want to dig up is not the real issue.

Psychologically most people will simply give up, once a particular threshold is met. Meaning the work they have to accomplish to get back from losing to winning becomes too great.

Except that during the day, TC usually takes back most of its points in their own borderlands and EB. The reason that TC/Maguuma are demoralized in the first place is because up until the first night the scores were relatively even. Checked the next morning and DB is up 40k. You can try to deny the fact that you have a bigger night-crew all you want, but anyone who has watched the scores will say and know otherwise.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Soutalgon.3827

and I’m telling you from experience that our night crew is abysmally small compared to any of the servers with real night crews. Even during prime time, TC/MAG players have been less then a challenge when Hemlock Society is roaming as a 5 man group and taking down 10+ enemy at a time.

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

But my point is that it’s still big enough to give your server a significant advantage over both TC and Maguuma. As for your other point, of course a organized guild group’s going to be able to take on more unorganized numbers than they have; that’s just common sense.

Also, it’s unwise to project a specific occurrence onto an entire server’s population, don’t you think?

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

SoPP.7034

But my point is that it’s still big enough to give your server a significant advantage over both TC and Maguuma. As for your other point, of course a organized guild group’s going to be able to take on more unorganized numbers than they have; that’s just common sense.

Also, it’s unwise to project a specific occurrence onto an entire server’s population, don’t you think?

And you have the big book on what’s ‘big enough’? <.<
Your just arguing the symptoms of what is a much deeper problem.

in WvW

Soutalgon.3827

Actually, our 5 man fought a group of 8 from the same guild. None of our guys died.

But moving on to the point of the thread: all is fair in love and war. TC wanted to get cute with siege, so we showed them we can play that game.

Our night time crew doesn’t really exist, I worry for DB having to face night time crew servers. We just happened to really beat yas down one day during the late afternoon and we held on ever since.

in WvW

Posted by: Ascleph.2147

Ascleph.2147

So is Kaineng the only world thats losing and still trying to win w/o crying in the forums and saying how evil their oponent is for winning?

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

And you have the big book on what’s ‘big enough’? <.<
Your just arguing the symptoms of what is a much deeper problem.

Fair enough, but you saying you don’t want to fight the servers with bigger night crews is the same as TC or Maguuma saying they don’t want to fight you. It’s a situation that all three servers would rather not be in, I’m sure.

As for your poke at my word choice, it obviously is big enough, otherwise you wouldn’t have such high point gaps between off-hours.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Fury.6248

Fury.6248

Dragobrand vs. Maguuma vs. Tarnished Coast was a fair and competitive match-up in Dragobrand’s favour when the match first began, we (Maguuma) and TC each holding our own against Dragonbrand.

…which all changed at the start of the week. With no night presence and the weekend crowd gone we started getting completely demolished, which lowered the morale of our players which meant that a lot of people stopped playing WvW, which fed back into the numbers issue and we get steam-rolled some more. Even during prime-time our maps aren’t full any more or have very short ques, so anything we do capture is lost overnight.

Sorry, but that’s not what happened. Our night presence blows we get stomped by like 10+ servers during nighttime hours. Anyways. The match was pretty close to even the first two days and Maguuma and Tarnished Coast spent a lot of time fighting each other. Dragonbrand got a slight lead I think we were up by like 15k points by the 2nd day. At this point due to free transfers people started transferring off tarnished coast and maguuma. Which just made the gap worse untill people just stopped wanting to play all together. Countless times I have see people in /map or /team saying hi I am new here transfered from TC or whatever. Wanted to play on a real WvW server. Bad news for you new transfers Dragonbrand is like 8th or 9th so if your coming here cause we are winning jokes on you we will most likely get stomped next week.

Dragonbrand Server
Devious(DVS)

in WvW

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

This sounds like our server was retaliating for what happened several days ago. Tarnished Coast had setup one arrow cart and one ballista above the chamber following the dark room. They slaughtered a group of Maguuma. Eventually enough of us showed up to where we could take them. Then a mesmer in our group pulled a couple down. It took a while but we eventually cleared out Tarnished Coast and then I went back to helping our side win in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Vircomore.4586

Vircomore.4586

2 More days. And then Dragonbrand can pack up its 300k point lead and go against more appropriate opponents.

I can’t wait to see that.

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

Sorry, but that’s not what happened. Our night presence blows we get stomped by like 10+ servers during nighttime hours. Anyways. The match was pretty close to even the first two days and Maguuma and Tarnished Coast spent a lot of time fighting each other. Dragonbrand got a slight lead I think we were up by like 15k points by the 2nd day. At this point due to free transfers people started transferring off tarnished coast and maguuma. Which just made the gap worse untill people just stopped wanting to play all together. Countless times I have see people in /map or /team saying hi I am new here transfered from TC or whatever. Wanted to play on a real WvW server. Bad news for you new transfers Dragonbrand is like 8th or 9th so if your coming here cause we are winning jokes on you we will most likely get stomped next week.

Really? I wasn’t aware that server swapping was such a big issue in the lower brackets, although I know it happened a lot with SI and HoD. Regardless, I think it’s well overdue that free transfers be revoked; especially, since WvW entered one week rotations.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

Our night time crew doesn’t really exist, I worry for DB having to face night time crew servers.

This is true. Okay, it’s fine if Dragonbrand pug zergs at night can beat TC/Maguuma’s night populations, but as for organized guilds taking objectives Dragonbrand doesn’t have it.

I think this is more of a sign that things really snowball out of control during off hours. During the first primetime battle between DB/TC/Mag, DB was winning, but the score was pretty close. I’m assuming that all three servers have no organization at night, but DB has the most numbers so DB won the night. Then close score again during primetime with DB winning the night again. Looking at the score now it seems like a blowout, but I never felt that way in the several times I’ve played this week.

Trust me, when DB fights any server that has any sort of organized off hours team, DB will be on the losing side.

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

Even if Dragonbrand’s night crew is lack-luster, we on Maguuma are outnumbered and have the out-manned buff consistently even on our own home borderland and Eternal. Things were even for the first day or two, but once that tipping point was hit it just kinda snowballed into Dragonbrand dominating us.

And about the transfers: You’re right, Dragonbrand will likely get owned when they move up to the next tier, so sucks to be those who transferred to the winning team, only to get owned next week.

I’m predicting one of two outcomes for Maguuma next week:
1) The server that moves down to our tier will dominate
2) We’ll actually get an even match

I’d like to see TC stay in our tier, our two servers seem to be a decent match for each other.

in WvW

Vehementi.1094

OP’s post proves there were right doing so, if i can get a post here each time i camp this area then i think i will start doing it

You gave them a great present posting your rage here, i guess are laughing a lot (as i am now).

This is so adorable. I guess we’re all laughing then!

in WvW

Asbrandr.6324

I’d like to see TC stay in our tier, our two servers seem to be a decent match for each other.

I agree, skirmishes with you guys have been fun.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

If any server is winning by a good bit, then those who are losing and have queues would greatly appreciate it if you would camp puzzles as well as all other PVE hotspots until those wasting precious space in WvW get frustrated and leave.

Thank you!

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

TC and Maguuma do seem to be a good match. The problem is finding a third server that’s on equal footing. Hopefully after this week we’ll drop down in the rankings and have a more evenly-matched fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Bellok.4180

Bellok.4180

TC and Maguuma do seem to be a good match. The problem is finding a third server that’s on equal footing. Hopefully after this week we’ll drop down in the rankings and have a more evenly-matched fight.

I just find it funny how the likes of you think the ranking system is going to fix all of this. It makes me giggle each time you say it. I hope I’m wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Doxshund.9235

Doxshund.9235

Dont blame DB for your loss. Blame your server mates for not queueing and helping the battle…at anytime of day. These are all high pop servers, the bodies are there the organization is not.

Asura > all

in WvW

mcl.9240

I just find it funny how the likes of you think the ranking system is going to fix all of this. It makes me giggle each time you say it. I hope I’m wrong.

Yes, I think the ranking system will fix it. I find it funny that until this post you thought I was on one of the servers that has a highly-organized nighttime team.

in WvW

Posted by: Bellok.4180

Bellok.4180

Yes, I think the ranking system will fix it. I find it funny that until this post you thought I was on one of the servers that has a highly-organized nighttime team.

I find it funny that you expect me to suddenly know that kind of information about you. /sticks hand in hat pulls out paper. LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE SOMEONE ON A NON HIGHLY-ORGANIZED NIGHTTIME SERVER! DING DING DING!

in WvW

SoPP.7034

Bellok is right.

Server ‘balancing’ will not solve the current problems. This will happen again next week. 1 server will dominate 2 others, the fundamentals of WvW clash with human personality. People will quit once it’s obvious they are losing………. the people that aren’t on the forum are silently thinking WvW blows and looking for something else to do.

People should just ‘ctrl+c’ what I just said cause you can use it next week too.

in WvW

Posted by: Alphaone.6345

Alphaone.6345

TC/Mag are just so demoralized they dont queue, dont have the numbers or dedication to win and use inferior tactics. .

This. Especially the tactics part. I can say that TC for one are actually good players individually. However, there is no leadership or any form of cohesive effort I can see currently on TC. Hell I cant remember the last time I saw a commander for one thing.

Morale is at an all time low too. TC is supposed to have one of the larger alliances, the AWC but heck if I ever saw any member guilds wvwing, well, ever. Maybe people just need to chill out, lose gracefully, and hope to come back in round 2.

in WvW

mcl.9240

TC/Mag are just so demoralized they dont queue, dont have the numbers or dedication to win and use inferior tactics. .

This. Especially the tactics part. I can say that TC for one are actually good players individually. However, there is no leadership or any form of cohesive effort I can see currently on TC. Hell I cant remember the last time I saw a commander for one thing.

Morale is at an all time low too. TC is supposed to have one of the larger alliances, the AWC but heck if I ever saw any member guilds wvwing, well, ever. Maybe people just need to chill out, lose gracefully, and hope to come back in round 2.

That’s the biggest problem. The alliance guilds don’t seem to want to play when they can’t be guaranteed a win. Which makes having the alliance sort of pointless.

in WvW

mcl.9240

Bellok is right.

Server ‘balancing’ will not solve the current problems. This will happen again next week. 1 server will dominate 2 others, the fundamentals of WvW clash with human personality. People will quit once it’s obvious they are losing………. the people that aren’t on the forum are silently thinking WvW blows and looking for something else to do.

People should just ‘ctrl+c’ what I just said cause you can use it next week too.

You have no proof of this. You don’t know who the servers will be paired with next week.

Yes, one server will always win, two will always lose. The problem isn’t the matchmaking. If you want to insist that it is, wait until the server groupings have stabilized. If this still happens, THEN you can blame the matchmaking. But when we’ve only seen 10 of 120 possible groupings, it’s far too early to blame the matchmaking system. We need to go through at least 20 before the system will begin to settle.

There’s almost certainly a computational model for this, probably in the simulated annealing area. But I have better things to do than develop a simulated annealing model to prove my claim, when all I have to do is wait.

in WvW

Posted by: ravic.3742

ravic.3742

Puzzle camping is honestly done more by Maguuma/Tarnished Coast than Dragon Brand. Just yesterday, I ran into 8-12 people from the guild KJAR on TC trying to camp the area past the well. Good thing they were all terrible and died in clumps of 1v3.

Khaej – 80 Norn Engineer
Ouroboros Protocol [OP] – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Soutalgon.3827

Here here, brother! You know why dragonbrand is so good? Because the hardcore people didn’t just puss out and transfer off when it got tough for us. We learned how to fight 3v1 ratios when we were dominated by other servers. I really hope the people who server swap transfer off again soon though, queue times for guild members really sucks.

in WvW

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

LoL.. I can’t wait to see who the next servers will be against Dragonbrand

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall