LOLz fer dayz 3 very high 5 high servers

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Not a single full server in NA… not one. There aren’t even enough bandwagon guilds around anymore to even lock out a single one… I know in T4 it’s pretty common to have a cue on EBG and completely empty borderlands. This is not a “problem”, it’s not a temporary “low point”. This is the real death of the game mode… Which the new raid aside, is the ONLY end game content in GW2. Now, I am not including our wonderful Esports… I guess that can be considered end game content.. not for me, but…

I am just shocked that Anet continues with a dreadfully failed development strategy for WvW in light of how catastrophically they have failed… Well at this point, I think they might consider just pulling the new BLs all together and just leave EBG. Even T4 doesn’t have enough people playing WvW to support much more than a single map…

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

EB = the new EotM for those that don’t like ledges.

Other than that, yep it’s dead Jim.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

EU hasn’t had full server for a long while. We have just 2 servers, which are very high: Baruch Bay (BB) and Seafarer’s Rest (SFR). All the other gold servers are “high” population and others are medium.

“high” is also becoming a joke. Yesterday evening just 2 h after reset, we had just 5-10 players on EB and the borderlands even more dead. Desolation used to be tier #1 server.

Arenanet should quickly remove banners and give us the original Alpine borderland back. The more they wait, the more players leave the game.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

…Bueller…

….Bueller…

…Bueller…

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

When the only hope you had has been pushed a year away…

Most of my WvW friends have left the game already. It would take a massive effort from Anet for the community to rebuild itself, and I don’t see that effort, they don’t even have a screenshot to show for their supposedly “1-year-in-development-overhaul”. Right now WvW is in full exodus, cause people just don’t want to wait another year, and it’s a chain reaction, because the more people leave the more people lose friends and leave as well.

I got a ps4 and will catch up with all the good games I missed. GW2 was great when it lasted, I only regret buying gems so many times to transfer on playable WvW servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

Desolation used to be tier #1 server.

So did Blacktide.

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

and the playerbase continues to dwindle… But worry not, beta testing will commence on something. Soon. Maybe this year. If not then, at least with the next expansion. Maybe. Now due with GW3….

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Not a single full server in NA… not one. There aren’t even enough bandwagon guilds around anymore to even lock out a single one… I know in T4 it’s pretty common to have a cue on EBG and completely empty borderlands. This is not a “problem”, it’s not a temporary “low point”. This is the real death of the game mode… Which the new raid aside, is the ONLY end game content in GW2. Now, I am not including our wonderful Esports… I guess that can be considered end game content.. not for me, but…

I am just shocked that Anet continues with a dreadfully failed development strategy for WvW in light of how catastrophically they have failed… Well at this point, I think they might consider just pulling the new BLs all together and just leave EBG. Even T4 doesn’t have enough people playing WvW to support much more than a single map…

Not only that Colin’s state of the game message has driven away more since then.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Well… At least no one can complain on the forums about “not being able to play with their friends”. Wait. I lied. They have no friends because the majority of them have more than likely left. O boi.

All jokes aside… ANet did tweak how the servers were listing now in regards to actual WvW population I believe. Now that things have taken time to settle… The evidence is clear as day. They killed the game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Desolation used to be tier #1 server.

So did Blacktide.

Fair comparison. I was actually on Blacktide in Autumn 2012-December 2012. We were #1 EU server back then, but after the free fall I migrated to Desolation and I have been there ever since. Maybe in few months Blacktide and Desolation will be fighting each other.

Now the Desolation WvWvW numbers are all time low and I am predicting we will be soon “medium” population server. We have constant outnumbered “buff” on 3-4 maps. Last night at worst we had a total 5 players on all maps. We lost everything, because enemy player vs door blobs. I tagged up and commanded for 2.5 hours to get at least our fair share back, but I cannot be on several maps at same time. I normally don’t play at night, because I have a day time job, but sometimes I just cannot fall asleep.

I don’t recommend anybody moving to Desolation unless you want to experience the hard mode. Fights are often vs 2-3 times larger well organized enemy. But even the enemy numbers are not as big as they used to be. The borderlands in EU top tiers are more or less empty outside the prime time and even during prime time only 1 BL + EBG has action.

This game mode is dying and Arenanet stubbornly wants us to wait yet another 9 months. Why cannot they give us the old Alpine borderland back right now, remove those the imbalanced elements like banners and massively increase the WvWvW rewards, which are pitiful now?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

I am on NA T2. I have a screenshot from a reset night from less than a year ago. It is over an hour after reset, and the queues for the four maps total 237 people. That’s four full maps, plus 237 people just waiting to play, to say nothing of the people that stopped bothering to play at reset because they know they won’t get in.

Last week at reset one map had a queue of 7 that quickly went away.

This week at reset no map was queued.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

EOTM is the new meta right now, I kitten you not. I’m not exactly happy with it but the fights are great. Constant massive ZvZ’s, the only major issues are hit and miss commanders and PUGs not listening.

It’s a frightening picture of what WvW may become if they make it in to alliances. If people aren’t familiar with each other they’re not going to trust each other and server identity will be lost. I know a lot of people don’t care about these things but WvW community is one of the major driving factors in why WvW even stays alive as long as it has.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Camelot Unchained baby. If you haven’t blown this popsicle stand by then, you will once your friends tell you about it.

Blow this popsicle stand for an MMO that has stated it will be going the monthly subscription route ?

LOL… I don’t blame anyone deciding to jump ship if they’ve had enough (game mode is indeed in it’s death throes), but hell if I’m going back to that obsolete format.

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Camelot Unchained baby. If you haven’t blown this popsicle stand by then, you will once your friends tell you about it.

Blow this popsicle stand for an MMO that has stated it will be going the monthly subscription route ?

LOL… I don’t blame anyone deciding to jump ship if they’ve had enough (game mode is indeed in it’s death throes), but hell if I’m going back to that obsolete format.

I doubt they will go the route of monthly subs but then again they haven’t mentioned it one way or another. I do agree with you though. Buying content once is nice. Mythic didn’t start it actually although not sure if that is what you are implying. Few other MMO’s prior to charged monthly. Anyway something needs to yield because the current state of WvW is a train wreck.

Although I can see the allure of Edge of the Mists. It is only 3 hours compared to a week. Imagine if you will if you played on my match-up this week, rank 5 servers. Maguuma (11th), Kaineng (17th WTF Arena Net), and Ehmry Bay (13th). First off poor Kaineng doesn’t stand a chance and doesn’t even belong in this match up. That leaves E’Bay and Maguuma inline with their proper rangs 11th and 13th respectively. 12th, Northern Shiverspeaks, threw the match last week and now are getting their @sses handed to them by 14th Darkhaven and Henge of Denravi.

Why do I raise this? Because even if the servers aligned with their respected numbers or + or – one, a server runs into the dreaded population vs. wall clock coverage wall and can’t do crap. That is exactly what is happening now with our match up. Maguuma has incredible numbers but can only climb so far before they hit their wall. Ehmry Bay is exactly in the same boat but a step or two lower than Mag.

Kaineng – poor kittens are collateral damage to this kitten poor ranking code. And I’m not even on their server. So yeah, why play WvW on your server when you don’t stand a chance? Enter Edge of the Mists and at least you can do something or see it change in 3 hours.

kitten the machine, the system is corrupted.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

I doubt they will go the route of monthly subs but then again they haven’t mentioned it one way or another. I do agree with you though. Buying content once is nice. Mythic didn’t start it actually although not sure if that is what you are implying. Few other MMO’s prior to charged monthly. Anyway something needs to yield because the current state of WvW is a train wreck.

No it’s official (check their authorized Wiki. I could link it but not sure of forum policy on linking other MMOs). Camelot Unchained will be Subscription based.

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

I believe you Hex – I just missed it probably or not looked. That would be a major disappointment.

While the grass isn’t always greener GW2 and WvW needs competition. And that is one game to deliver it. 3 years so far and we don’t have much to show for it with regards to WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I believe you Hex – I just missed it probably or not looked. That would be a major disappointment.

While the grass isn’t always greener GW2 and WvW needs competition. And that is one game to deliver it. 3 years so far and we don’t have much to show for it with regards to WvW

It doesn’t take greener grass for someone to move on if their own grass is totally dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

There will be a multitude of options upcoming. Crowfall, CU, Albion Online to name a few.

And don’t forget the all new Guild Wars 2 WvW.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Its not obsolete in fact I think it may make a comeback given the drawbacks of f2p and b2p games. Regardless of that there is also Crowfall which will be b2p.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

No it’s official (check their authorized Wiki. I could link it but not sure of forum policy on linking other MMOs). Camelot Unchained will be Subscription based.

If you can afford high speed access, how can you not budget 15 bucks a month?

Can’t catch a movie w/ a drink and popcorn for that price…considering how many hours anyone is likely to put into that game.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I’d gladly pay a sub if the game is engaging, had depth and there is reasonable communication from the devs on where things are heading. It could even have a micro transaction store, just as long as there is no pay to win.

I have zero and I do mean zero hope for WvWvW. The mode was left to languish and suffer bullkitten PR carrots between deafening developer silence and one awful decision after another (free transfers after announcing seasons, seasons altogether and now these air strikes, banners, an anti-wvwvw map etc). Why would they magically care enough to invest serious resources into a complete revamp now that the population is clearly in the toilet? Totally worth it now! Working for a year on a competitive mode that will need massive and constant player participation in a game that is aging while not having meaningful consultations (not even a peek?!) with the people who’ve faithfully played the mode, produced community resources and hype, is a recipe for failure. Especially since they’ve gotten sooo much wrong before.

I don’t have to be a game dev to tell anyone that the new WvWvW map and many of the guild “upgrades” are trash, just like I don’t have to be a chef to say if a bowl of soup is too kittening salty.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

Can’t catch a movie w/ a drink and popcorn for that price…considering how many hours anyone is likely to put into that game.

Simple… subscription mmos tend to make people feel obligated to play, even when they’re dissatisfied with the game, due to the amount of money they have already thrown at it. Secondly, 95% of the newer subscription model mmos eventually drop the subscription model for a f2p one, after they start seeing their monthly sub accounts nose dive. Only thing is… and in a desperate attempt to maintain the previous cash flow… these newly f2p games also quite often tend to go hard core Pay2Win.

So again, thanks but no thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

You would prefer the gw2 model where they don’t make any content except pretty stuff in the cash shop? Yeah, free to play model is SO good /s

Won’t miss your type when CU comes out this year or next.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

You would prefer the gw2 model where they don’t make any content except pretty stuff in the cash shop? Yeah, free to play model is SO good /s

Yeah its not even just the cash shop its the gems for golds ability (Diablo 3 got rid of their auction house for a reason). We’re seeing with HOT the increase in grind to keep people in the game more and prompt them to buy gems. Its affecting the whole game now and becoming more prevalent.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

Well ironically, chances are you’ll be rejoining “my type” soon enough when your precious CU goes f2p 6 months after launch like virtually all the subscription mmos who think they can copy WoW’s success.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Well ironically, chances are you’ll be rejoining “my type” soon enough when your precious CU goes f2p 6 months after launch like virtually all the subscription mmos who think they can copy WoW’s success.

Your just displaying your ignorance of CU. How is a purely RvR game trying to copy WoW?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

Your just displaying your ignorance of CU. How is a purely RvR game trying to copy WoW?

And you’re displaying your lack of comprehension. What part of “subscription model” did you not get ?

As in… trying to copy WoW’s subscription model ?

The things you have to spell out nowadays…

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

And you’re displaying your lack of comprehension. What part of “subscription model” did you not get ?

Ironically, WoW’s subscription model is fine and still going strong. In fact, there is no other MMO in the history that is doing well as they are. And I played through Lich King. Others before had a model just not the content to some degree or culture / following that Warcraft has. EQ and DaOC both did well until they tried to copy WoW, not that their model was dyeing. Mytic / DaOC will tell you they failed because they tried to add PvE to a game designed from the ground up to be PvP only…go figure.

Don’t get me wrong, I see your point about the concept of GW and their content purchasing. However, they lack the income from subscriptions or their publisher to hire people to get kitten done. That is the bottom line. It is more important to get gem stuff or expansions out for income rather than having teams actually build the content to keep the game and players flowing.

There are games as you allude to that started out with subscriptions and either failed (AOC or Warhammer for example) or others that went F2P after (Rift, SWtOR). However, some even go back to subscription – look at SWtOR.

Who knows. I’m sure we can all agree that there isn’t anything today or tomorrow that the GW2 team is doing to save it. Its a bust and now they are talking about another expansion pack before this one is even fixed. I sort of think they know it is a failure or not what they intended.

Server match-ups.
Population balance.
Power creep.
Class balance issues.
Obsidian sanctum empty.
New maps, yeah nice, empty.
Low populated servers can’t support all maps, defend or attack.
No rewards.
No player portal by class, guild, server, player name, etc.
PvE still pulls ahead with regards to time invested vs. reward.
CC / red circles of death.
No rewards for solo players, duos, or defending.
Busted orbs, removed.

List goes on and on…

in WvW

morrolan.9608

You’re being pedantic, how is a RvR game trying specifically to copy WoW’s success (which is your exact quote)? Since when is a sub model WoW specific?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

If CU can provide a good WvW experience, I dont mind paying. I rather be subsccription-based than this GW2 HOT bs that Anet dangling in front of us to trick us into buying the expansion when one game mode that we cared about was dead on arrival.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

What part of “subscription model” did you not get ?

Ive to pay 1 € per year honey .

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

For what, Mine-craft ?

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Simple… subscription mmos tend to make people feel obligated to play, even when they’re dissatisfied with the game, due to the amount of money they have already thrown at it. Secondly, 95% of the newer subscription model mmos eventually drop the subscription model for a f2p one, after they start seeing their monthly sub accounts nose dive. Only thing is… and in a desperate attempt to maintain the previous cash flow… these newly f2p games also quite often tend to go hard core Pay2Win.

Bad logic. Do you “feel” obligated to stay with the same ISP if you are dissatisfied with their service? Even though you’ve used them for years.

Or stay with the same make and model of vehicle that you dislike just cause you’ve had one for years.

Games are no different. Subscribe for a couple of months, play the game…leave if you don’t like it. “Obligated to play” because of 15 bucks…are you serious?"

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

Bad logic. Do you “feel” obligated to stay with the same ISP if you are dissatisfied with their service? Even though you’ve used them for years.

Or stay with the same make and model of vehicle that you dislike just cause you’ve had one for years.

Games are no different. Subscribe for a couple of months, play the game…leave if you don’t like it. “Obligated to play” because of 15 bucks…are you serious?"

LOL… don’t you just love these “first world” problems ?

Guess what… I’m not from the US. So it isn’t just “15 bucks” for me.

Secondly… the ISP comparison is a horrible one, since most people don’t get “invested” in their ISP (or cable bill) the same way they do in an MMO.

Thirdly… how many people are ready and willing to immediately ditch a car they only just finished paying off the bank or whomever for, even though it may now need parts or has issues on the road ?

Oh yeah, forgot… first world problems…

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

CU is very old school MMO. I am sure that is great for some old school MMO players but it is a hard adjustment after the semi-action oriented nature of GW2. I don’t think I can go back to that style of play where I have to master 99 different keystrokes and macro the hell out of everything.

Crowfall looks interesting. Course ESO did as well. One can only hope they pull this one off.

Albion… uhhh… an Ultima Online in a sandbox mode running on a bunch of platforms. Almost every part of that sentence reads like a failure.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Colin’s state of the game message has driven away more

WvW is their top priority.

Wall of text about not-WvW.

Yep.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

For what, Mine-craft ?

You can buy a CU lifetime sub. You still pay $1 a month though.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

CU is very old school MMO. I am sure that is great for some old school MMO players but it is a hard adjustment after the semi-action oriented nature of GW2. I don’t think I can go back to that style of play where I have to master 99 different keystrokes and macro the hell out of everything.

Crowfall looks interesting. Course ESO did as well. One can only hope they pull this one off.

Albion… uhhh… an Ultima Online in a sandbox mode running on a bunch of platforms. Almost every part of that sentence reads like a failure.

Original DaOC nor any expansion have or require macros (would get you banned) nor did it have 99 keystrokes. No more or less than gw2 today. CU, I’m not sure but would assume it will be similar.

WoW, on the other hand, yeah – skill bar three rows if not more deep

At the end of the day it isn’t about free or subscription. It is about a company that takes this format of play more serious or puts it in the forefront. Right now with HoT it isn’t the case nor has it been previously. Their focus right or wrong is:

1. Raid content
2. eSports

The proposed balance patch is to address 1 and 2 above and nothing else. Those players who focus on WvW are asked to wait again. How large of a player base that is, I don’t know. Judging by the priority of updating the format I’d say pretty low. Lets face it, it is a business. They will put bodies on the highest return on investment….

in WvW

morrolan.9608

At the end of the day it isn’t about free or subscription. It is about a company that takes this format of play more serious or puts it in the forefront. Right now with HoT it isn’t the case nor has it been previously. Their focus right or wrong is:

1. Raid content
2. eSports

You got that wrong, their focus is:

1. Gem store
2. Grind to facilitate players buying gems

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

WvW is dead and you are crazy if you think ANET will fix it.

Think about it, they have a team working on a major overhaul for over a year, that team comes up with Golem Bullkitten Week and now Deserted BL. If you have any glimmer of hope left in ANET that they will fix this you are beyond delusional.

That being said, this topic took a turn to more interesting discussions. Is there an MMO out there that has good WvW / RvR style of play and good action combat?

I have been looking at BlackDesertOnline, but sadly I got the region block thing as Pearl Abyss refused to license the rights for my country to Daum…. so that hope went out of the window….

Kinda iff about blade and soul cause although the combat is fun, the PvE is beyond bland and although there is the Faction thing for open world fights, it seems more on the duel format rather than massive fights like a WvW / RvR format.

So, any suggestions?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

WvW is dead and you are crazy if you think ANET will fix it.

Think about it, they have a team working on a major overhaul for over a year, that team comes up with Golem Bullkitten Week and now Deserted BL. If you have any glimmer of hope left in ANET that they will fix this you are beyond delusional.

That being said, this topic took a turn to more interesting discussions. Is there an MMO out there that has good WvW / RvR style of play and good action combat?

I have been looking at BlackDesertOnline, but sadly I got the region block thing as Pearl Abyss refused to license the rights for my country to Daum…. so that hope went out of the window….

Kinda iff about blade and soul cause although the combat is fun, the PvE is beyond bland and although there is the Faction thing for open world fights, it seems more on the duel format rather than massive fights like a WvW / RvR format.

So, any suggestions?

Not a suggestion, but Mechwarrior online? I never hear it mentioned as an alternative to GW2… anyone know if it’s just a shoot’em up or does it have skilled team play?

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I usually spend that much or more in the cash shop each month on games I enjoy. Frankly, if I can be promised a better game, I don’t really care how I need to pay for it, so long as It’s enjoyable for the amount I’m spending on it.

If the subscription game stops being enjoyable, you just stop subscribing. Simple as that.

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Its not obsolete in fact I think it may make a comeback given the drawbacks of f2p and b2p games. Regardless of that there is also Crowfall which will be b2p.

F2P games have had years to show how to not do the platform correctly and many people are sick of micro-transactions in games in general. The whales that love them aren’t enough to build a community out of and the people that don’t mind tend to not stick around for a long time anyway. They CC their way to rewards and then leave once they run out of things to do thanks to all the short cuts.

Being able to present a game that has a base fee and no nickle and dime’ing is going to be very appealing to people who have seen how terrible f2p/b2p actually is most cases.

Pretty much no one who has been around the block still thinks a F2P game is going to offer a substantial game play experience for less per month than any sub game. The few that do tend to require one to either no life the game or treat it like a stock market simulator. The people who play casually for the fantasy adventure are the ones left holding the bill.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Crapgame.6519

1. Raid content
2. eSports

You got that wrong, their focus is:

1. Gem store
2. Grind to facilitate players buying gems

I always say I have the right to be incorrect You just pointed out why I say that

You are correct. Have to pay the bills I guess, yeah?

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Original DaOC nor any expansion have or require macros (would get you banned) nor did it have 99 keystrokes. No more or less than gw2 today. CU, I’m not sure but would assume it will be similar.

DAoC had two default action bars and players could add more. It also had built in macros (/macro command). Did you play the game? Not using multiple action bars and macros would be a tedious affair in that game especially since it didn’t have something like fast ground targeting.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

EU hasn’t had full server for a long while. We have just 2 servers, which are very high: Baruch Bay (BB) and Seafarer’s Rest (SFR). All the other gold servers are “high” population and others are medium.

“high” is also becoming a joke. Yesterday evening just 2 h after reset, we had just 5-10 players on EB and the borderlands even more dead. Desolation used to be tier #1 server.

Arenanet should quickly remove banners and give us the original Alpine borderland back. The more they wait, the more players leave the game.

There was never full servers before HoT either so that is not a measurement.

And i don’t want to flame here, but yeah Deso used to be, does not mean it will stay like that forever. You guys flamed your own server to death and people left it because of this. Top servers have shifted to be a lot about german, spannish and french servers all with huge zergs (not meaning they are good, but still huge).
We still have a few international servers fighting to stay in the top tiers, and some manage others don’t, some move down others up, it is a ever ongoing rollercoster.

EU is very different from NA we have mixed matches every week were na meet the same 3 servers over and over and over and have for years. EU is better that way imo.

With that said i would not say that wvw is dead, we are bleeding players and we could end up dead if nothing happens soon, i am not so positive at this point, but i guess hope dies last.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

There was never full servers before HoT either so that is not a measurement.

Prior to HoT all of T1 and part of T2 was locked in the US for a fairly long time. The populations were much higher as well.

HoT drained a lot of players out of WvW and many never returned. Those that did stay seem to be dropping off lately. T1 is now a hodge-podge of guilds I barely recognize. Only JQ seems to have kept a couple larger guilds in tact.

Unfortunately T1 this week is sending a lot of players out of the game. I know at least 5 that have quit this week due to general staleness of WvW. They probably would have played to at least the balance patch but BG/JQ have double teamed YB killing the last of the decent roaming there. I couldn’t get anyone I know to even log on.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

For what, Mine-craft ?

Nope. $1 per year, not month. That was the minimum they could ask, due to a ToS at Kickstarter.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

For what, Mine-craft ?

Nope. $1 per year, not month. That was the minimum they could ask, due to a ToS at Kickstarter.

I backed CU at Builders Booty, so 7 months free before sub. Plenty of time to figure it out. Plus Alpha access which has been fun.

I backed Crowfall at a higher level, but I’m more interested in the Eternal Kingdoms aspect of that game. The combat looks uninspired at the moment.

The best thing about GW2 for me has been the combat system, but that can only hold me for so long. Especially when there is no one to combat.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

All this talk about Crowfall and CU like they are fully fleshed out games that will really launch.

Funny how people seem to think all unreleased MMOs are THE BEST and yet when/if they launch, suddenly they are dead gaem and horrible. I would love for CU to be an amazing RvR game and will pick it up instantly if that is the case, small studio and slow timeline of development so far makes me think of Darkfall, not WoW sadly.