Lag is killing me!!!

Lag is killing me!!!

in WvW

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

Q:

hey guys.. is there any way to do a tracert like in the old days to see whats happening between my pc and server?

Im getting a TON of lag when in game.. my ping is around 300-3000 in game.. but every other game is fine.. no delay and ping as low as 20 ms.

When i get in WVW the lag makes the game unplayable.

Characters jumping around etc.. but meanwhile TSpeak doesnt lag or anything and when i check my speed (speedtest.net) my ping is less than 20ms and at least 19mb a sec download and 6mb upload… so its not my connection to server.)

I am running a brand new i7 7700 cpu 16g ram and i have the game installed on a 120 gb SD drive. Video card is a GeForce 1060 3gb video card.

Lag is killing me!!!

in WvW

Posted by: fieraviolet.3160

fieraviolet.3160

I’m not sure about the rest of the game, but turning nameplates/graphics down etc in wvw does seem to help many players

Lag is killing me!!!

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

hey guys.. is there any way to do a tracert like in the old days to see whats happening between my pc and server?

Im getting a TON of lag when in game.. my ping is around 300-3000 in game.. but every other game is fine.. no delay and ping as low as 20 ms.

Characters jumping around etc.. but meanwhile TSpeak doesnt lag or anything and when i check my speed (speedtest.net) my ping is less than 20ms and at least 19mb a sec download and 6mb upload… so its not my connection to server.)

I am running a brand new i7 7700 cpu 16g ram and i have the game installed on a 120 gb SD drive. Video card is a GeForce 1060 3gb video card.

I’m in the same boat as you, been months frankly with very rare periods that it goes back to normal. I just tried a few games in pvp, 300-3k ping is making me want to spoon my eyes out. Have to hop on vpns just to get a sane ping.

Lag is killing me!!!

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

BTW.. never usually have any problems and i know the lag in EB is usually bad.. but tonight the game is just totally unplayable.

I have noticed that it has gotten almost unbearable since the intoduction of heroic armor… im wondering if the animations it has is messing with the game itself.

Lag is killing me!!!

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

I’m not sure about the rest of the game, but turning nameplates/graphics down etc in wvw does seem to help many players

Nope.. this does nothing for me.. i can run on max settings… or i can run on bare bones settings and it doesnt make any difference.

From the looks of it.. it seems that the lag is coming from the anet server rack.. like they have slots on the rack that arent resetting like they should.. i only say this because i used to know a guy that ran an ISP and he had the same problem.

example.. Someone will log in, they get disconnected or log out but the server doesnt register it. Someone else logs in.. they get the same slot on the server and they now have the slot.. but meanwhile the server is pinging the other address also trying to re-establish a connection that doesnt exist.

I know that this causes a lot of packet loss and also bottlenecking of the server… or used to.

I also know that the game servers have been getting DDoS attacked the last few weeks from the posts by the devs.. but they really need to change the IP of the servers or something so that this can be fixed.. with the upcoming expansion its just going to get worse.

Lag is killing me!!!

in WvW

trueanimus.4085

I’m in the same boat as you, been months frankly with very rare periods that it goes back to normal. I just tried a few games in pvp, 300-3k ping is making me want to spoon my eyes out. Have to hop on vpns just to get a sane ping.

yeah this weekend during beta test.. i was at 40-60 ping all weekend.. with full BL’s and ques in the 120 range for EB on YBBL server… today.. 5 in que.. EB isnt even seeing many big fights (nothing like this weekened) and im lagging hard.

I ran a speedtest while i was on EB and in TS.. with everything running maxed and min… and my ping of 20 to my ISP never faltered even once.

Lag is killing me!!!

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I’d like to ask, again, why Anet is routing anyone out of the US, to Europe and then back again.

But so far, no answers.

The server farms are here in the states, so why is anyone being routed out of the US and then back again?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Lag is killing me!!!

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

That’s a last ditch effort for very low end video cards.

We’re talking very good systems, fast, clean and huge internet pipes, and still huge, unplayable lag and not just in WvW.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Lag is killing me!!!

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

And the lag ONLY to Arenanet.

Lag is killing me!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

The lag in particular is skill lag on use. You can still run and move your character, just none of your abilities work. This is a problem on their end, not on our personal systems.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Lag is killing me!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

You can run Guild Wars 2 in Diag Mode, just create a new shortcut to the exe you use, and add /diag at the end of target line (a space between)
Read here for more, search diag on that page:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments
This will create a NetworkDiag.log text in your My Documents\Guild Wars 2 folder, with tracing route data and more.

You can also watch your current ping and packet loss and more in Windows Resource and Performance Monitor, just create a shortcut to:
C:\Windows\System32\perfmon.exe /res

Also google Gw2.Launchbuddy, a program that allows to choose asset server and more, in case you need that. Not my program so the risk is yours if there is any, read first about.

Lastly the skill lag is server side, what you can see in-game on the option panel is not the real ping, but ping + estimated server delay (or something like that, a dev posted this info somewhere, google it), and no matter what you do, your PC or internet quality, there will still be massive lag, even in PvE, just switch rom map to map and see that your ping is different, depends on time zone, events, bugged maps (like the new one) and so on.

Tweak your end, could help a bit, but the part that is server side will remain as it is.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]