in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Lag = un-playable game

Lag = un-playable game

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

I only experience lag when ppl zerg like crazy. Maybe you should think about it.

Anet said they want to reduce zerging. They should leave the lag in lol. Once they fix that, there is no more hope.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

Lag = un-playable game

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

I’m on a tier 4 server. No lag at all. Not even for SM fights. I have no sympathy for people complaining about server lag since the fault lies between the keyboard and the chair. Look in the mirror and realize that the only reason your server lags is because there are more players then it can handle. Anet has blessed you with 21 EU Servers and 24 North American servers. If you don’t utilize them its not Anets fault.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

Lag = un-playable game

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

I have no sympathy for people complaining about server lag since the fault lies between the keyboard and the chair. Look in the mirror and realize that the only reason your server lags is because there are more players then it can handle

So a server lags because there are more players on it then it can handle, and this is the fault of the player himself? As far as I know, a server admin has the absolute power to see how much traffic he is willing to allow on his server.. So imho ANet should have put some better quota on their servers when rolling them out..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Lag = un-playable game

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I’m on a tier 4 server. No lag at all. Not even for SM fights. I have no sympathy for people complaining about server lag since the fault lies between the keyboard and the chair. Look in the mirror and realize that the only reason your server lags is because there are more players then it can handle. Anet has blessed you with 21 EU Servers and 24 North American servers. If you don’t utilize them its not Anets fault.

So I should pay anet to transfer because they have bad servers that can’t handle all the people who transferred to my realm? OK, buddy

Lag = un-playable game

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

ANET doesn´t care about WvW enough to notice.
They still determine transfer prizes on server population instead of wvw population.
Better/faster is to fix it ourselves

Also i dont think lag is created by numbers alone.
Our guild group had fight where we played against zergs of 80+ people without lag.
We once had an evening where 5-6 guilds(all with about 25 people) of the 3 servers had a large fight without lag.
And we had fights against smaller zergs of like 50 people that created lag.

I think lag is created by a to large melee train with to much focus damage on 1 spot/or on each player at the same time.
Would love if a large zerg/guild that usually creates lag, could test this. Instead of running 1 large group with 1 melee train, run 2 or even 3 melee trains/groups with their own commander/raid leader. And then ask the enemies if you still created as much lag then you used to do.

On paper this should work even better because
- people dodging away from melee train 1 will maybe get hit by melee train 2
- only like 15 people should be enough to down players anyway so having more trains running around should down more people faster
- inside a keep you can kill Arrow carts on both sides of the keep at the same time.
- when charging in enemies will place ground targets usualy infront of 1 melee train. 2nd train can hit the enemy from the other side makeing them stop attacking melee train 1.

We did it once with our guild but we arent that big, so wasnt really a test for lag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iImn6cQZimw
Especiallly at 6:50 when we charge the lord room.

Lag = un-playable game

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

So I should pay anet to transfer because they have bad servers that can’t handle all the people who transferred to my realm? OK, buddy

Anet probably should give you free transfers from overpopulated servers to less populated servers. And yes, it may not necessarily be your fault, but rather, the fault of people who jumped on the bandwagon. Need to understand though, as far as the game is concerned there is no lag issue. The game was not designed with the idea that everyone would front load 6 servers and ignore the other 18. For this reason we can be confident the chances of Anet addressing server lag for the top 4-6 servers is essentially zero, since, as has been stated, the other 18 servers have no lag issues at all. The last time Borlis Pass had skill lag was in June, and only because us, SBI and Anvil Rock crashed together in the Stonemist Lords Room. 80v80v80. Was an odd occurance and has not been repeated in almost 8 weeks.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

(edited by Aeros.2046)

Lag = un-playable game

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

We could all go to a certain pve map and spam our skills all at once where lots of pve players are, creating the same skill lag….maybe then it will gain the attention of Anet?

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Lag = un-playable game

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

In PvE you won’t get kind of lag you see on WvW since there’s no PC enemies in PvE. Compute complexity just won’t grow as ridiculously as on WvW.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)