Lagg with skills

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

There is skill lagg every time we try to fight massive groups.
Might be able to fix that?

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

Anet is busy ATM working on repair hammers, because that’s more important than fixing skill lag.

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: Raguel.9402

Raguel.9402

I’ve experienced my first proper skill lag yesterday. It was quite fun to be able to move but not to use skills xD Hope it gets fixed cause I’m getting back to wvw and loving it again ^^

[Teef] for lyfe

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Only way to reduce that might be by reducing the spam, reduce the number of cleaves, aoe and condi ticks calculation to a better condis system, being more single targetted , less server calculation, less skill lag.

And then compensate in a few trully AOE spells with target number increased more than 5 targets, like meteor shower hitting 7-10 players.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: Tux der Pinguin.3049

Tux der Pinguin.3049

This problem is as old as the game. I would really like to roam around the backline as a thief, but skillags made it impossible from the first day.
After 3 years I dont expect a change on this.

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Just wait till your repair hammer starts to lag.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

This problem is as old as the game. I would really like to roam around the backline as a thief, but skillags made it impossible from the first day.
After 3 years I dont expect a change on this.

I feel you. I still try to do this as a Ranger and because I don’t have the mobility of a Thief I need my skills to be just as responsive. If a Hunter’s Shot misses or if I can’t swap to GS in time to get away I die immediately. Sucks because the rare times there isn’t much lag I have a ton of fun harassing all the bacline Ele’s.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Anet is busy ATM working on repair hammers, because that’s more important than fixing skill lag.

Oh my kittening god. You people just love to spout off nonsense purely because its cool to hate on ANet.

They said that the hammers were developed years ago and it would only take a very small amount of effort to actually put them in the game. They aren’t building them from scratch. Just because you don’t like them does not give you the right to be an kitten and spread misinformation about kitten in an attempt to slander ANet.

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Oh my kittening god. You people just love to spout off nonsense purely because its cool to hate on ANet.

They said that the hammers were developed years ago and it would only take a very small amount of effort to actually put them in the game. They aren’t building them from scratch. Just because you don’t like them does not give you the right to be an kitten and spread misinformation about kitten in an attempt to slander ANet.

Lol slander? Sweetheart, this is a public forum. If you can’t handle other people posting their opinions I’d suggest leaving, because we have every right to post so long as what we are posting isn’t violating the forum rules.

On topic:
The skill lag has been almost unbearable at times, I don’t remember it ever being this bad even when the game mode was at its peak.

[varX] Limitless Potential

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: Matronpain.9630

Matronpain.9630

‘lag is nothing but your imagination, when you see all those enemies your brain shuts down and imagines things’

No 2 Commandment in the Dev Bible.

No 1 : If you fix anything we won’t want you next week.

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

There must have been a weird lag spike last night… multiple people in our guild run were experiencing it at the identical time. It got to the point where we decided to restart our game clients, only to find that our game clients were giving us an error message saying sorry cannot connect to the server try again later. A few minutes later we were able to get back into the game, jumped back into EBG and rallied up. I ran to Langor to grab supplies, onyl to have the portal block access to langor … yes we owned it. After about 30 seconds of rubbing my face against our portal – it shot me straight through to the back wall. I go to collect supply, and my character won’t pick it up. After about 10 seconds he’s ported again to the corner and has his supply in tow. I noticed the siege only had 23 minutes left on timer, so I decided to refresh it, but it wouldn’t let me on any of it.

First time I lagged in a long time. I don’t generally have any issues, even in SMC 3 ways … I expect the flashing skill bars but full control over your characters or the ability to jump on a piece of siege. That is normal behaviour I’ve seen from the game, last night was messed. Even our guild driver was porting around uncontrollably. I have to wonder what the hell the game client is doing. The server issues are the flashing skill bars chugging along trying to calc all the boons and math on the 3 ways. That’s old news… but I think there’s something wrong with our clients now. I have spent time updating/cleaning my pc, I do regularly I work in IT. But last night was just messed up.

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I am getting a constant ping of 1300 currently, even after re-logging multiple times. My skills do go off, but I have found myself dead more times than I can count today due to the rubber banding and the guesswork involved in trying to figure out where my skills will go off.

I decided to just not bother for the day; I just hope the patch is worth it at this point. Time to go play something else…

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

The problem is, that ping isn’t even that horrible.
I get max 200 ping during massive battles and that’s still kinda okay.

But skills not working … that annoying AF.

I belive that problem is heer since the beggining and I don’t know why they don’t do something about that.
Someone said that it’s because there are so many calculations with skill casting and making dammage … yeah well there is intel CPU with 22 cores and can be used in dual config.
Don’t tell me that CPU power like that couldn’t calculate verything in real time.
I guess problem is also with 10mbit ports that they are using on servers … there are special king of NIC devices for those tasks.

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

All maps feel really laggy lately even with nobody around.

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Repairing your client, deleting temp files, deleting cookies, defragmenting, back logging, deleting junk files etc etc Helped my game run more smooth. Also changing graphics settings. If they’re on high, change them to medium. Also the 32 bit and 64 bit thing may cause lag. If you have a 64 bit computer and don’t have the 64 bit client yet.

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Repairing your client, deleting temp files, deleting cookies, defragmenting, back logging, deleting junk files etc etc Helped my game run more smooth. Also changing graphics settings. If they’re on high, change them to medium. Also the 32 bit and 64 bit thing may cause lag. If you have a 64 bit computer and don’t have the 64 bit client yet.

Started off lowering settings now, will try the dump files. Thanks

Lagg with skills

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

OK typically I stay out of the forums. But this issue hits home. I have a brand new PC and I am assured by my Brother and Friend who build and work on PC’s for a living that this is Anet’s issue and not on my end at all. Please fix this as WvW is no fun with a 5 second skill lag! You are pushing long time veterans as well as new players away from Gw2! Stop making new outfits, gliders, and harvesting tools and fix the game!!!!