Lags ... still?

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: sphinx.8107

sphinx.8107

I dont know what the arenanet-crew is doing, but the biggest issue and biggest problem all T1 Server have is the lag.

Its KITTEN unplayable. I rly understand ppl leaving this game ….

Shouldnt u be glad still having players playing wvw? i rly dont know how u cant fix that.

Can u plz drop all siegehammergolemairstrike-projects ure working on and make it worth playing it ?

Leader [aX] -AxĂ®om – GvG/WvW-Guild
Visit us: http://gw2axiom.com/
YT:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2pwgIIDTBb9rrsWa3ui5yw

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Us unimportant T4 players are getting it too

It would be nice for them to at least acknowledge it. Even a weekly message updating we’ve seen xyz and will continue to chip away at the issue would be nice. However, given their track record and broken promises not delivering the goods I’m guessing the management is very sensitive to releasing information or what their work plan consist of.

When you do that you cut communication with your player base. The most important artery in the this industry, the paying customer.

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: DiscordOfSound.2190

DiscordOfSound.2190

Yeah, it’s still bad. I think every tier has it. Possibly due to the amount of people + animations going on at one time. Not really an issue when you’re just running around, but once skills start going off, especially around blobs, having 2-5 second lag is a problem. And running the game on lowest settings hasn’t done much to improve game play. It’s like the FPS for Frozen Maw. Although I’m going to test if turning off aoe rings helps any….

Darkhaven server
[NaL]Neurological is always recruiting new members.

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

There is 2 lag you can get one cause by graphic. and the other one cause by server.

one thing to not forget is that what happens on your pc connect to anet server to synch. with other player position, skill, timing etc…

the more people in the same area fighting the more data synch. more delay on the network part. then it piles up and up.

on the graphic part this game use dx9 high level api when there is to much graphic the dx9 api as to many things to resolve and the cpu gets bound because the dx9 api is trying to solve issue to send graphic and memory allocation correctly to the graphic card. only fix for that would be dx 12 low level api. (this removes the layer for the game programmer so that he can see and solve the issue directely before releasing the game, more work for them, also no safety net if they make error no dx 12 api to solve it. dx 12 api still can fix some stuff but not the part handle by the programmer.)

now if you have a graphic slow down and the game go slow for you and every one else because their is to much graphic cpu bound issue to solve at same time. and you are all connected together and need to synch. that can also cause slow down.

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Id like to thank anet, the game is playable now instead of 1 year ago. Before if you faced 80 man zerg you couldnt pop any skills. Now its playable until 3rd server shows up. Think it has to do something with the amount of math growing everytime you add one person Fix the weapon and character disappearing glitches tho.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

They’l get around to it after they finish optimizing PvE, PvP, the Store, forums, solving World Hunger, and lastly World Peace.

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I don’t think we should argue about this.
If there’s one thing we all get our fair share of in WvW,that’s lag.
Both in FPS drops and skill lag.

These are the limitations of the technology.
To be fair,I’m not aware of another MMO that can handle large numbers of players like GW2 does.
Rift or WoW or Tera or B&S etc,would burp and drop dead if they had blobs of 200+ players going at it in a small area,with the graphics quality we have here.
WAR used to simply stop working with these numbers,I remember something like over 3 min skill delay,and 2 FPS.

There’s CU,but that’s still in development,and there are some early demos of MMOs that will use technology that’s advertised as being able to handle massively larger numbers of players than what we get now,but all that is for the near or the not so near future.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It still happens in 2 way fights on EB at times, so yeah, not sure what they can do, but optimize better; all the AOE skills firing off, boons, condis etc.

At least they’ve ‘fixed’ the rubberbanding, when there aren’t any fights, I doubt they can do much, but lower players caps and lower the condition caps.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

I don’t think Anet is in a position to fix lag.

Hopefully the next generation of RvR will find a solution. But I doubt that Anet wants to make that level of investment. Maybe they will have it fixed in GW3.

Blobfighting without lag will have to wait a couple more years.

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I really not sure whats going on with the skill lag .The weird part is ,it depends on which servers I’m fighting against and not necessarily the size to the blobs.I’m not an network expert by any means but wonder if it may be a server syncing issue .Just a shot in the dark but I’m always interested if some one might have an idea.

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

The weird part is ,it depends on which servers I’m fighting against and not necessarily the size to the blobs

this

imo some servers have better hardware than others

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I don’t think Anet is in a position to fix lag.

Hopefully the next generation of RvR will find a solution. But I doubt that Anet wants to make that level of investment. Maybe they will have it fixed in GW3.

Blobfighting without lag will have to wait a couple more years.

The issue is it has become worse, lags been around forever but whatever they have done recently has broken something, freezing, DC’s, Massive Skill lag in small fights. It’s unacceptable tbh.

Lags ... still?

in WvW

Posted by: MangoCrush.7819

MangoCrush.7819

Dont worry its Anets grand scheme to kill off WvW… Yes it happens in T3 as well… taking 15+ seconds for skills to go off, and my ping is normal at approx 250ms…

ANET GET SOME REAL SERVERS! or change the way your server does boon and condi calculations which is what causes the issue

Stormbluff Isle