Last QoL changes are amazing

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

• participation is apply cross maps
  • commander tag will be seen over every other object so they don’t get covered

Just those two improvements means so much for wvw gameplay.
    I just thought that in between so much salt when something good is done we should also celebrate
I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I thought participation already applies if you switch borderlands?

I agree with your point on commander tag priority and visibility over objectives. ANet could at least implement if your mouse hovers over the objective where commander is it should show both pop ups.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Another quality of life feature that got accidentally released in the latest patch:

• Tactivators are shown as yellow triangles on the map and the mini-map.
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I thought participation already applies if you switch borderlands?

I think it’s when you’re as scout in a squad (shared participation). Personal participation never had issues.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

QoL changes? Is that all it takes to satisfy you?! WvW needs a major overhaul! Not to mention it’s taken them years to implement this since when we first asked.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Another quality of life feature that got accidentally released in the latest patch:

Those look really awful and are extremely similar to google map road hazard icons. Brilliant lol

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Those look really awful and are extremely similar to google map road hazard icons. Brilliant lol

The symbols do stand out for more than they are worth. They are also not dynamic – that is showing if the tactivators are on cooldown or even assigned on the objective. And they don’t hint what type of tactivators they are. There’s a lot room to improve leading me think the feature got released prematurely.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

The symbols do stand out for more than they are worth. They are also not dynamic – that is showing if the tactivators are on cooldown or even assigned on the objective. And they don’t hint what type of tactivators they are. There’s a lot room to improve leading me think the feature got released prematurely.

Just click on the objective to see what tactivators are there and which are on cooldown, how much instant information do you guys want to see flooding the screen?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Just click on the objective to see what tactivators are there and which are on cooldown, how much instant information do you guys want to see flooding the screen?

A tooltip would probably do the that without leaving the map screen.

I feel the yellow triangles itself are already spam – if a player can’t find the tactivators he’s probably not welcome to use them.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Good changes, always nice to see qol improvements.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That’s pretty much accurate especially if people just took Ogrewatch.

I’d put a “Scrub Crossing” icon on sentries myself.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I am really happy they took their time to write down these QoL into the patch notes, really useful!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Nice little changes, could probally tone down the tactivators symbol on the map though as its pretty overpowering.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

The two that the OP posted are very good and long overdue, well, the commander tag one, at least is long overdue. Thanks a bunch for getting that in the game. I really don’t get the tactivator icon thing. Seems like a total waste of effort.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Korgov.7645

• The Skirmish timer is now displayed on the top of the screen.

But it’s the kind that say 1 hour remaining for 1 full hour until it starts to count minutes.

It does not show the war scores. Or even which team is in the lead.

Yet another prematurely released feature?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: securegeek.7952

securegeek.7952

Now if they would announce on map when a tactivator had been activated and by who that would be awesome. Would cut down on the tactivator trolls.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Now if they would announce on map when a tactivator had been activated and by who that would be awesome. Would cut down on the tactivator trolls.

We don’t really need more giant announces popping randomly on our screen.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing