Last week was CD/IoJ/HoD, and this week...

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

It’s the same. With roughly the same results so far.

CD absolutely crushed us. IoJ I did expect to see again, but really, what kind of system figures out a matching like this after what happened last week?

Also, hey CD, could you go bash on IoJ’s BL for a little while? We’d like to at least upgrade our keeps and not drive away every single player that logs in to our BL and sees a map that looks like this. You do want a good fight this week, don’t you? Right? Awesome, thanks.

Attachments:

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Don’t forget CD came from a lower tier the week before last. So they have to work their way through your current tier before advancing higher. One week isn’t enough.

Also, lol you’re basing this on reset night? Are you new to wvw?

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Don’t forget CD came from a lower tier the week before last. So they have to work their way through your current tier before advancing higher. One week isn’t enough.

Also, lol you’re basing this on reset night? Are you new to wvw?

Pretty new, yeah. 3 or 4 months since I started playing. I’m still getting the hang of things. I know we have about 0 coverage between 2am-10am, so with last week’s results, this wasn’t exactly unexpected.

It’s just.. well, I’m not exactly looking forward to another week like last. Maybe take a break or something. Oh hey, there’s that shiny new PvE coming out in 3 days… sparkles

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

This thread will be locked – no matchup threads anymore…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Waypointing and fortifying our keeps, YB style. Can’t wait to see the Maguuma Wastes, the concept art and teaser have me intrigued. Finally an area that looks new, interesting, and freshly designed.

in WvW

Posted by: Ohbe.9761

Ohbe.9761

Sorry, the best way to get us out of your hair is to let us climb. Our SEA has been starving for the past 2 months ever since the last 2 weeks of Season 2. And with DB dropping down to T3 and has the guaranteed SEA coverage to give our guys fights. We’re pushing as far up as we can to give them that.

We don’t care if we get pushed in by DB, if our entire server gets guaranteed fights we’re all happy.

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Not our fault it takes so long to move up a tier because of glicko. We had to do literally the same thing to nsp/sf to finally get out of tier 5 and now look at those 2 servers, they are tanking and can’t even hold there own anymore and we had to face them for a month straight. While BP was in t4 the entire time where we should have been.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

(edited by Aitadis.8269)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Inb4 Matchup thread lock.

I belive CD already received Svrn from us right (They were going to transfer this reset)? That’s a boost to their forces as they are a rather large force (at least for bronze standards)

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

Since you’re new you probably don’t understand that this is kind of a karma thing for HoD. In fact, more players are laughing about your servers situation then HoD has people crying about it on their server.

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Since you’re new you probably don’t understand that this is kind of a karma thing for HoD. In fact, more players are laughing about your servers situation then HoD has people crying about it on their server.

That’s nice and all, and I know why some people laugh about it. But we didn’t recruit anybody for the tournament, we didn’t buy guilds, we didn’t pay people to man siege at all hours of the day. We were a free transfer server, and when the tourney ended, all the people that transferred over for a free 1st place transferred out.

Karma would entail that we did something bad, and now something bad should happen to us, correct? We didn’t do anything wrong. We had no control over Anet’s allowance of free transfers. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that we “deserve” this and revel in it.

in WvW

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

I don’t know what happened to the reset this week. We also got EXACTLY the same matchup as last week, right down to the colors, despite the fact that we won the matchup and should have gotten green for the first time in months and months. We actually had a bunch of guildies frothing at the mouth to finally get those last few items in the green BL/green keep in EB, and they were crushed that this is the week that Anet decides to screw up the matchup switchoff. (As a side note, we did manage to get one of them WC because the server decided to invade the green BL and took their garrison briefly, just long enough for the guildie to get those vistas).

WTF, Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

That’s nice and all, and I know why some people laugh about it. But we didn’t recruit anybody for the tournament, we didn’t buy guilds, we didn’t pay people to man siege at all hours of the day. We were a free transfer server, and when the tourney ended, all the people that transferred over for a free 1st place transferred out.

Karma would entail that we did something bad, and now something bad should happen to us, correct? We didn’t do anything wrong. We had no control over Anet’s allowance of free transfers. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that we “deserve” this and revel in it.

You werent trying to recruit? FKB members were in our cities spamming recruitment messages on our servers general chat saying to join the winning team the week of free xfers.

Attachments:

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I had no idea FKB was doing any kind of recruiting. I didn’t read about it on the server forums or see it anywhere else. Take it out on them or something? Send them mean mail? kitten in their cokes? I really don’t know what to say. I suppose it’s hard for me to understand why people get so much enjoyment out of watching us get pummeled, to the point where they actively don’t attack each other (well, usually) and instead decide to double-team a server they know has lost a lot of its players. I sure as hell felt bad watching FA fall from T2, for example.

Anyways. I’m not a server representative or anything like that. I don’t speak for all of HoD. And I know that this week things have changed between CD and IoJ, so it’ll be interesting to see how that pans out. Also, had a great time with an IoJ bronze general earlier. We dueled 3 times and it was close, but I still have trouble against thieves, so you win. At one point when he realized I was just going to run by him and not fight, he stood on top of the arch of sw camp which had been flipped by CD, and cheered while I killed the guards and capped it. Thanks, Mr. Whoever You Are. I got a laugh out of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I miss the HoD that made threads like this
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Come-to-HoD-for-free/first#post3819055
They were much more entertaining

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Not our fault it takes so long to move up a tier because of glicko.

Exactly this. Took FA a month to get out of T3. SoR is the server that had it the worst due to imploding a month before the tournament then getting locked at bottom of Silver.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Greetings,

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum

The WvW Community has created new spaces online for Match-ups and other off-topic discussions, so it would be best to talk to the other players on your server to find out best where they plan and discuss