Latest Relinking 8-25

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Meurto.8520

Meurto.8520

I was excited to see who my server might get linked to for the next couple of months so I log in a bit after reset and notice all maps are queued. Nothing different really from the last link so I wait my turn and my queue finally pops.

I start roaming about on my own (transferred off JQ to escape the full queue map blobs) and encounter a couple roamers over the course of 30 minutes. I see the map queues for all 3 servers running about so I trail looking for stragglers or small groups to engage. After another hour or so I realize there just aren’t any to be found so I start following our zerg.

The first fight they engage in (similar numbers) they just turn and run away. Next thing I know they are dropping ACs in the middle of nowhere hoping to lure the other side into the fire. Well, they did that, but they just got ran over. The next 3 or 4 fights they ended up running away again. They ended up taking camps and empty keeps avoiding any real interaction with the other servers.

I thought this may have been a fluke, but after more of the same today I have to say this is going to be an agonizing 2 months. It almost feels like T1 (full map queue zerg balls) on a smaller scale, but one side is incapable of competing. i like the idea of server linking, but in this particular instance it feels like my small server is just being punished. I am not sure what happened to the host server, but it doesn’t seem as though they really have any interest in competing or getting better.

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Perfect opportunity to step up and lead

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

So you transferred off a stable server on to one of the tiny servers that, depending on the whims of chance, can get linked with anyone ?

And then complain that you don’t like your new host link ?

face palm

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Considering that a linked host has to spend time getting communications organized AND work with groups who might use their own communications AND they might not have any experience with it’s no wonder that linked groups struggle.

Unlinked severs already have communications setup and they already have map assignments figured out.

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Meurto.8520

Meurto.8520

So you transferred off a stable server on to one of the tiny servers that, depending on the whims of chance, can get linked with anyone ?

face palm

You seem to be a bit short sited regarding the situation so let me break it down so hopefully you can understand.

• JQ is in T1 and will most likely be in T1 until an intervention by anet.
  • I don’t particularly enjoy full map queues running into each other and would rather roam solo or in a small group.
  • I chose a server that would likely never be linked to any servers in T1 (see above).
  • The server I am linked to currently would be better served as a link instead of a host.

It was either stay on JQ and always play blob wars or transfer and ensure I am never in T1 again and roll the dice every couple of months.

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I don’t get it. What are you asking for? What are you raising awareness for? You are simply telling us a story, with a rather easy to see solution, as far as I can tell.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Idk how people can even be on the “minor” servers.
It is sooo unstable, one week you might be linked to someone good, then you might be re-linked to some T4 server…

I think deleting most servers and keeping 5 tiers would be the best solution since it will bring some stability.

Right now its pure BS, especially if you server is full and you hae guild members on a linked server… you have to:\
a. help them pay to xfer to the new link
and….
b. the newly xfered players cant earn some rewards.

while b. seems good to prevent bandwagonning i do see how its unfortunate for players who simply wanna play with their new friends who happen to be in a """"full""""" server.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

face palm

The links are not a good thing for WvW.

Never have been.

Never will be.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Never have been.

Never will be.

For the small servers linking is better then having nobody to fight. I have been in T9 where enemy server had 10 players, and not same time in one map, but total over the week. That is totally pointless and just means everyone quits the game eventually.

At least with linked matches we have someone to fight.

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

NA WvW is just mess atm, ACs and dodging fights. even their voice comm setup is a terror where every guild uses their own channels so casual pugs have issues finding their way there. Just go t1 NA, otherwise you’re gonna be in for a bad time
Eu is slighty better, theres bunch of fighting servers outside T1. Theres acs by some plebs but pugs are good enough in general to not die to them & join voice comms. NA blobs are normally carried by the guilds, so they might as well raid closed.

Anyways go t1 to enjoy the last flames of War on NA.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

face palm

Never have been.

Never will be.

I beg to differ. Links are excellent fun. I have one account on a linked server and my wife transferred her third account from a Host to a Linked server precisely because of the variety and interest it offers. Every two months you get to meet a load of new people, see different tactics and attitudes and generally have a completely refreshed experience.

The only thing I don’t like about the system is when the same link is repeated. That happened in June and it was disappointing. Luckily this time we moved and its been great so far.

Also, in my experience so far, most linked servers have been able to retain a strong identity, which they carry with them from linking to relinking. I think it’s a superior system to the original, although that’s not to say it couldn’t be improved.

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

links does not prepare the smaller server to what they will face.

at one point u fight easy. next you fight the hardest. and so, there is no progression.

think 1 up 1 down. i am here because i cant go up yet. then i go down because the enemies improved. and so you find your niche.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Links began well, but now we have more people playing. Time to open up another tier, unless you like queues in which case argue away.

CCCP….

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Links began well, but now we have more people playing. Time to open up another tier, unless you like queues in which case argue away.

I think it’s time to go back to single servers again and dump linking

Then keep those overstuffed servers locked, no matter how many threads appear on this forum.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Latest Relinking 8-25

in WvW

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

That’s because Anet are linking the wrong servers. T5 EU for example is still fairly open, and there is only a single queue during primetime (roughly around 20 people). Exception are during reset/weekend. Roughly the same for half of the T4 server. Single server can’t get more than that, as no one can transfer to them (thanks to status “full”).

(edited by Kirnale.5914)