Laurels needed for WvW...really?

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

So you have no use for laurels early on.
The after I use them to buy some dye…they are needed to get high level WvW gear.
Then on top of that you make it such that you can get 1 a day.
Then on top of that you need 40 of them for one piece of gear.

So basically to get WvW gear you have to grind PVE. I can thirty billion badges and be the biggest BA on the server….yet I have to PVE to get the gear…

Really?

in WvW

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

Um, i basically do my entire daily in WvW. So I don’t see the problem

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Not really.. you get laurels for dailies and monthlies, and these can be done almost exclusively in WvW. At least I do that.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

They need to integrate more ways to acquire Laurels. Not for the average gamer, but the hardcore players like myself who need them to gear their 8 alternates. Right now this is too time gated and its restricting me to playing 1 or 2 classes for the next couple of months and it will be over a year to have them all up and running… and they are talking about ascended armor /facepalm

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

The Laurels are poorly designed for a PvP game mode, period.

The fact that player kills award no Laurels in themselves (besides the time-gated daily) shows just how kittened up gear acquisition is for WvW.

Whoever heard of a PvP game mode where you can’t get your endgame gear by actually doing PvP?

There were none…until now.

GW2 innovates once again.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

(edited by Thrumdi.9216)

in WvW

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

The funny part I find about this is…if they made it say…badges and gold to get ascended…the SAME people would be in here “kitten”-ing about how long it takes for them to farm that gold without going and having to PvE. The point of ascended gear is that you CAN’T just get it fast. PLUS, WvW has a higher chance of getting ascended gear since we can get it in our chests rank to rank, which can’t be said for anything except 1 chest per day as a chance from FoTM daily. Really….don’t whine and gripe about the daily because if you spend time in WvW you can get it done fast enough as it is. To the poster..maybe if ya hadn’t have spent them on dyes at first you would have had the laurels needed. WvW’ers have the SAME ability to get ascended as PvE’rs, and MORE ability than just straight sPvP’s (since they don’t really need it). In fact, these days WvW’rs have an easier method to even get exotic gear. WvW’rs tend to moan and groan about gear till the dev’s change kitten, then moan and groan about the changes cause it’s still not easy enough -.-

Disclaimer: Yes I am a WvW’rs, and yes, I do have full ascended, and no it didn’t take me long, took me about a month and a half to have full ascended of playing just 2-3 hours a day.

To the “hardcore gamer who posted above”: Yeah…it’s time gated for a reason. Do you also complain that since it takes forever to get a legendary people with 8 full alts like you can’t get it, and therefore they need to make it so you can get legendaries like 10x easier? Heck, lets just put them in the gem store for like 800 crystals and that’ll really make them legendary!!

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Coinin it is literally impossible to have a full WvW ascended kit on 8 characters. Come back when you do.

in WvW

Coinin.2590

They aren’t WvW ascended, I find no reason for those. And no..i dont have 8 toons, thats your choice, not mine. Don’t expect the devs to make things just for that few percent who chose to have 8 toons, and play them all the same. If you expect to get full ascended in 2-3 days/ toon, then you basically expect to get a legendary in 4-5 days, including the precursor. If you want to have 8 toons, cool for you, but don’t moan and groan that it takes awhile to get them with ascended, which isn’t ALL that much better than exotic, on all 8 toons…very fast. In nearly every game if you want to gear 8 toons in top tier stuff it takes time.

in WvW

Coinin.2590

the fact of the matter is that people moaned and groaned about wanting something besides FoTM to get ascended, and when the system is implemented people moan and groan that they just can’t farm it in 2 hours like an exotic piece. It’s the top tier, it’s supposed to be harder to get, and yeah…it can take time to get ascended ONLY off laurels. Thats why there’s also FoTM and Guild Commendations you can get them off of. If you have just thousands and thousands of badges left over…spend it on alts or on siege…
EDIT: To comment on the initial post…it only takes 40 laurel’s for the necklace, which is worth about 2 rings, the rest are 20 and 25 really. Which means that you can get 2 rings in any given month if you do your daily every day, or 1 necklace. or every 2 months get ur ascessories.

(edited by Coinin.2590)

in WvW

sostronk.8167

/facepalm+15char

in WvW

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

It seems that because Ascended gear has a different color, it’s automatically better than exotics.

Newsflash gentleman, Exotics & Ascended gear are pretty much the EXACT SAME.
The difference? The Ascended gear can not be fitted with a jewel. Fit an exotic accessory with an equal counterpart jewel? BOOM the stats are like 1% less than ascended. Is that REALLY a big deal? No. Stop whining.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

(edited by JoshuaRAWR.4653)

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The problem isn’t that some people feel they need to do some PvE (because this isn’t true). The problem also isn’t the time to acquire, nor the fact we can only get 1 a day.

The problem is, IMO, that all of us are sitting on a colossal mountain of badges that we have nothing to do with. Realistically, this ascended gear should be a massive badge sink; make it like 1500 badges or something for a piece of gear.

Even still, WvW is just mainly zerging, and all that pretty jewelry and accessories won’t make one lick of difference when your being run over by a 40+ or 70+ zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

The funny part I find about this is…if they made it say…badges and gold to get ascended…the SAME people would be in here “kitten”-ing about how long it takes for them to farm that gold without going and having to PvE. The point of ascended gear is that you CAN’T just get it fast. PLUS, WvW has a higher chance of getting ascended gear since we can get it in our chests rank to rank, which can’t be said for anything except 1 chest per day as a chance from FoTM daily. Really….don’t whine and gripe about the daily because if you spend time in WvW you can get it done fast enough as it is. To the poster..maybe if ya hadn’t have spent them on dyes at first you would have had the laurels needed. WvW’ers have the SAME ability to get ascended as PvE’rs, and MORE ability than just straight sPvP’s (since they don’t really need it). In fact, these days WvW’rs have an easier method to even get exotic gear. WvW’rs tend to moan and groan about gear till the dev’s change kitten, then moan and groan about the changes cause it’s still not easy enough -.-

Disclaimer: Yes I am a WvW’rs, and yes, I do have full ascended, and no it didn’t take me long, took me about a month and a half to have full ascended of playing just 2-3 hours a day.

To the “hardcore gamer who posted above”: Yeah…it’s time gated for a reason. Do you also complain that since it takes forever to get a legendary people with 8 full alts like you can’t get it, and therefore they need to make it so you can get legendaries like 10x easier? Heck, lets just put them in the gem store for like 800 crystals and that’ll really make them legendary!!

Wait just a kitten minute. You mean to tell me you get more than one rank a day in wvw? It seems to take me forever to get another rank. Just curious what rank are you exactly?

Honestly we all know how badly implemented wvw is right now. It rewards the wrong things, punishes people for helping their server win, and rewards carebears who don’t even go into wvw. So many problems with wvw, and Anet has pretty much made it clear they aren’t going to change anything. So relax and accept things the way they are, or find another game that makes you happy. I hate it, but that’s just how it is.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Wait just a kitten minute. You mean to tell me you get more than one rank a day in wvw? It seems to take me forever to get another rank. Just curious what rank are you exactly?

Honestly we all know how badly implemented wvw is right now. It rewards the wrong things, punishes people for helping their server win, and rewards carebears who don’t even go into wvw. So many problems with wvw, and Anet has pretty much made it clear they aren’t going to change anything. So relax and accept things the way they are, or find another game that makes you happy. I hate it, but that’s just how it is.

You can make at least one rank a day. Maybe around 1 an hour. My “main” character is at rank 118. Most of my others are between 20 and 40. I only havoc roam. Ive found thakittens actually not bad compared to zerging. Zerging does pay off when you get into big zvz fights, but when its not happening it evens out. With havoc you are constantly moving and doing smaller things.

I know you were talking to the guy above me. But yeah, not happy with WvW and the state its in. Ive decided to leave the game. I’ll hang around until my replacement comes, which is DayZ standalone. Its supposed to be getting released in alpha soon. So im just going to kill some time in this game before I leave.

in WvW

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Ascended gear shouldn’t even exist in the first place.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

It seems that because Ascended gear has a different color, it’s automatically better than exotics.

The difference? The Ascended gear can not be fitted with a jewel. Fit an exotic accessory with an equal counterpart jewel? BOOM the stats are like 1% less than ascended. Is that REALLY a big deal? No. Stop whining.

This is the bigger problem IMO. I don’t mind the grind of dailies or monthlies to get laurels. The newly added WvW daily achievements make it super easy and fun to complete them. The bigger problem is that the stats on ascended gear have to be higher so it’s WORTH IT. The way to do this is to put a jewel slot in the ascended gear. Without that it’s like 15 more precision, 1% more crit, 20 more power. Hardly seems worth it. I’m still grinding for them anyway… Not much else to do.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

The problem is that it make you focus in playing 1 char even more(we also alraedy have the stuff like WXP char based and the Commander being char based).

I mean… that many laurels to get all the stuff? And the Ascended items have better stat and WvW is PvP(with a bit PvE content)… so you want to be better and have better gear to be able to fight against all the PvE players that farmed the best gear before going to WvW.

You want that Ascended stuff… but having it on all chars will take time.

Then again – the PvE players also make more money and have it easier to get all their exos. But the problem is not that big there – because you can just do some PvE too… if you wanted. Laurels you can’t just to more than 1 set of dailies a day… always only 1 laurel/1 day.

On the other hand…. if everyone played also PvE would it not be cheaper then for the WvW players? Yeah we would be forced to to PvE stuff… but then it would be cheaper than a PvE only player(if he did not also do WvW)…

… if this list is correct: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_equipment

The only stuff you need laurels is the Amulet? Is this correct? Rings and other stuff you could get from doing PvE stuff like Fractals and Guild stuff with the commendations.

in WvW

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

The only stuff you need laurels is the Amulet? Is this correct? Rings and other stuff you could get from doing PvE stuff like Fractals and Guild stuff with the commendations.

Amulet = 20 Laurels + 250 BoH
That means doing your monthly, and ten days of daily.

Accessories = 12 Guild Commendations each.
We are a WvW only guild and have had no trouble completing all the Guild Mission upgrades. Every Sunday we take a couple of hours to run through them, which gives you 6 Commendations. That’s twos accessories a month.

Rings = Rank Chest or Fractals tbh.
Join a Lvl 10 Fractal Daily run until you are lvl 10 yourself. AR is moot. Do the Fractal Daily each day during a quiet time in WvW = a chance of a ring + pristine relic. That means a guaranteed ring every 10 days + extras in rank and daily chests for alts.

Back piece = Fractals Only.
Running Fractal Daily means you will get relics building up for the capacitor. But that will take time. Your other choice is to use the forge to make one using a Vial from Fractals, but that takes 250 of your chosen T6 material plus ecto.

I personally have 13 level 80s and 19 character slots right now. The way ascended gear lends itself to have one character is frustrating for a player like myself. But if you have had time and the dedication to level that many. Doing your daily is a blip on your playtime radar. My way of gearing my characters with ascended means only using 20 Laurels, if you can’t get that many of them, you’re just lazy! Haha

Edit: I should add that I’m very new to Fractals, please feel free to correct me if I’ve got something wrong!

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Didn’t know you could get the amulets for commendations I am not in a guild other than the one I play in for bank storage etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

It depends what you want out of the game.
When you get to lvl 80 and a set of exotics, that’s pretty much it as far as gear goes.
After that it’s just fancy graphics for you to show off to friends.

A bit pointless if you ask me.

in WvW

Luthan.5236

This shows the difference:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soldier%27s#Level_80_attribute_values

If this table is correct then you get Agony Resistance and a bit more of the base stats from Ascended gear.

Only affecting Trinkets and Jewels – and Ascended seem to have a much better base value and less from Trinkets(infusions = trinkets and mainly for Agony Resistance and not much stats?)

Total values show the difference. about 90 in 1 main stat. And 30 in 2 minor stats(or like a few percent if you use stuff like crit). In 1 vs. 1 it might make a difference… but WvW is not 1 vs. 1.

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Ascended gear shouldn’t even exist in the first place.

I agree. How does Ascended gear benefit any GW2 player in any way?

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

You need a gear treadmill in any MMO or players simply won’t come back. GW2 is doing it properly as the gear treadmill is mostly aesthetic and doesn’t give dramatic increases in ability with each tier of gear.

Now that the daily and monthly can be completed entirely in WvW, I don’t see the problem. Laurels are slow, sure. But you also have access to guild commendations to help you get the gear faster if you want. You could run fractals for the rings if you want.

Gear isn’t going to be handed to you. If you could gear all your players in a week, you wouldn’t keep playing the game. It’s working better in GW2 then it does in most games.

in WvW

kuora.5402

You need a gear treadmill in any MMO or players simply won’t come back. GW2 is doing it properly as the gear treadmill is mostly aesthetic and doesn’t give dramatic increases in ability with each tier of gear.

Now that the daily and monthly can be completed entirely in WvW, I don’t see the problem. Laurels are slow, sure. But you also have access to guild commendations to help you get the gear faster if you want. You could run fractals for the rings if you want.

Gear isn’t going to be handed to you. If you could gear all your players in a week, you wouldn’t keep playing the game. It’s working better in GW2 then it does in most games.

But the point of GW2 is exactly that. You get your max gear ASAP, enjoy all the other content without having to worry about your stats. If you want to chase the stats I have a good news for you, WoW still has lots of players.

in WvW

sostronk.8167

You need a gear treadmill in any MMO or players simply won’t come back.

sPvP doesn’t have this level of a gear tredmill…

GW2 is doing it properly as the gear treadmill is mostly aesthetic and doesn’t give dramatic increases in ability with each tier of gear.

Ascended is the exception, that’s why its the problem. It offers significant stat advantages when coupled together.

Im a solo roamer. Its a common role in WvW. I have 8 classes. I need 125 laruels to fully gear one character for WvW, using rings from FotM. That’s 1000 laurels needed. The problem isn’t that it takes a week to get the laurels. The problem is, if you do every daily and every monthly in a month you get 40 Laurels. Its going to take me a minimum of 25 months to get all these for my classes. And they are talking about adding Ascended armor this year…

(edited by sostronk.8167)

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

The ascended gear are good, but not necessary for us to enjoy wvw. As long as you have rare, least requirement, to exo; you will do fine.

But I do find it weird that it takes 40 laurel in wvw to buy earings as opposed to the accessory

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

kuora.5402

The problem is whether you play for an hour per day or 10 hours per day, you get the same number of laurels. That isn’t fair at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

The problem is that it make you focus in playing 1 char even more(we also alraedy have the stuff like WXP char based and the Commander being char based).

I mean… that many laurels to get all the stuff? And the Ascended items have better stat and WvW is PvP(with a bit PvE content)… so you want to be better and have better gear to be able to fight against all the PvE players that farmed the best gear before going to WvW.

You want that Ascended stuff… but having it on all chars will take time.

Then again – the PvE players also make more money and have it easier to get all their exos. But the problem is not that big there – because you can just do some PvE too… if you wanted. Laurels you can’t just to more than 1 set of dailies a day… always only 1 laurel/1 day.

On the other hand…. if everyone played also PvE would it not be cheaper then for the WvW players? Yeah we would be forced to to PvE stuff… but then it would be cheaper than a PvE only player(if he did not also do WvW)…

… if this list is correct: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_equipment

Laurels are account bound, not character bound. You can do dailies on your level 18 alt, get the laurel, and it would still go towards your main.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

GW2 is doing it properly as the gear treadmill is mostly aesthetic and doesn’t give dramatic increases in ability with each tier of gear.

Ascended is the exception, that’s why its the problem. It offers significant stat advantages when coupled together.

Im a solo roamer. Its a common role in WvW. I have 8 classes. I need 125 laruels to fully gear one character for WvW, using rings from FotM. That’s 1000 laurels needed. The problem isn’t that it takes a week to get the laurels. The problem is, if you do every daily and every monthly in a month you get 40 Laurels. Its going to take me a minimum of 25 months to get all these for my classes. And they are talking about adding Ascended armor this year…

significant stat advantage? Really? Did you mean to type insignificant? If not how do you consider 1% a massive stat advantage?

in WvW

Luthan.5236

This thread reminds me… I heard you can get ascended items from rank chests too? But must be very rare.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Awarding endgame gear through dailies (even if they are easy) is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen in a AAA MMO. Currently, WvW’ers must do dailies, or PvE for Ascended.

Why? Because of PvE players. The current WvW Dev actually said letting us buy Ascendeds for badges would “devalue” the effort PvE’ers put in to grind their gear.

So, the problem is actually sharing gear between PvE and WvW.

The solution is a PvP-only stat for WvW gear. This would let WvW have it’s own gear track. It would freeze out casual WvW’ers players, but it would save the game mode for the dedicated.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Awarding endgame gear through dailies (even if they are easy) is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen in a AAA MMO. Currently, WvW’ers must do dailies, or PvE for Ascended.

Why? Because of PvE players. The current WvW Dev actually said letting us buy Ascendeds for badges would “devalue” the effort PvE’ers put in to grind their gear.

So, the problem is actually sharing gear between PvE and WvW.

The solution is a PvP-only stat for WvW gear. This would let WvW have it’s own gear track. It would freeze out casual WvW’ers players, but it would save the game mode for the dedicated.

Or just ignore ascended gear. It’s barely better at all. Unless keep lords start using massive aoe agony attacks, you don’t need it all.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Well, I think the system is okay as it is. If u want to give all of ur 8 toons ascended gear, it should take you much time. I for my part run with each character, I want to use in WvW, once a day fractals to slowly get levels in fractals and earn my ascended gear (the capacitor and the rings).

There is some certain unfairness in WvW, that I actually like. And honestly, the only thing u really need to get in fractals is the backpiece, if u don’t want the Sclerite Karka Shell stats. But the backpiece doesn’t make so much of a difference and I personally don’t feel at a big disadvantage not being fully ascended with my first alt.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

Ive done laurels exclusively in WvW for months… step away from the zerg long enough to mine/cut trees in the wvw zone and bammo daily is done… I usually have the monthly done by the end of the first week of the month.

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

in WvW

Posted by: iiMulch.2138

iiMulch.2138

I have done all of my monthly’s and dailies in wvw. Occasionaly some dailies require use of mystic forge, crafting or buying from karma vendors. The monthly can always be completed in wvw. You have to get 50 kills in wvw, then complete 100 events which capturing buildings, killing dolyaks and defending counts as events. Then you need to complete 4 dailies which all of the dailies can be done in wvw. Then finally killing 100 veterans which is extremely easy in wvw since every building has veterans defending it.

in WvW

Posted by: joshisanonymous.5270

joshisanonymous.5270

If you really need to min-max your character in the shortest time possible, do some PvE. It’s not THAT painful, really, and you could fully gear a character in like a month, no problem.

(If you have umpteen million characters, you should probably be more worried about when the last time you saw the sun was than how long it’ll take you to min-max all of them.)

in WvW

Posted by: Slagburst.5304

Slagburst.5304

Dudes Quote : The Laurels are poorly designed for a PvP game mode, period.

The fact that player kills award no Laurels in themselves (besides the time-gated daily) shows just how kittened up gear acquisition is for WvW.

Whoever heard of a PvP game mode where you can’t get your endgame gear by actually doing PvP?

There were none…until now.

DAOC, AION, TERA, WoW(before Resilence), AoC, is just a few off the top of my head. People fail to realize the idea behind an mmo is that you can aquire anything over time since it is not a “I must have everything NOW” single player game. There is very little difference between exotic and ascended, certainly not enough to give a huge advantage. If you want to PvP for only PvP items then id suggest either playing the garbage conquest games in spvp/tpvp modes or heading over to another game.
Back before MMO’s went huge and were still underground DEVs would sometimes remind players that it is their game and they will make it the way they like it and here and there take advice if they feel it is needed, otherwise please find a new game. (of course I’ve seen EQ down for 7 days and tons of bomb threats and violence LOL). But with all the money out there you will never hear a DEV say that again.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

I wish I could have given you a +100

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

OK… see that part I bolded up top? That’s where you’re screwing up and getting it totally wrong. You don’t need ascended gear for WvW. That is the great lie being propagated here. Awhile back I ran the calculations going from berserker to berserker equivalent ascended, taking into account crit multipliers and all that, and the increase in a perfect world with no mitigation or avoidance came out to something like a 7% increase in the raw damage stat. Basically, it came out to notably less than the damage of a single hit. When you include dodging, blocks, mitigations, positioning and movement, etc. you’re talking a number so nominal that it’s going to be extremely rare for ascended gear to be the factor in a fight. Then consider the rarity of a pure 1 on 1 fight in WvW and you realize that the perceived necessity of ascended gear really is nothing more than an illusion.

You do not need ascended gear for WvW. If you think you do, odds are it’s not the gear that’s the problem.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Sureshot.6725

Sureshot.6725

OK… see that part I bolded up top? That’s where you’re screwing up and getting it totally wrong. You don’t need ascended gear for WvW. That is the great lie being propagated here.

You do not need ascended gear for WvW. If you think you do, odds are it’s not the gear that’s the problem.

I think what your saying is true for now as the ascended set is currently limited. However, they plan to add ascended armor and probably weapons as well. The cumulative effect of a future full set of ascended will indeed be substantial.

Thus if you do not wish to fall behind the power curve in the future you need to get ascended.

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

This.
When I started looking at the real difference, it was so small, not even worth mentioning. That infusion slot is kind of under whelming IMO anyways.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

OK… see that part I bolded up top? That’s where you’re screwing up and getting it totally wrong. You don’t need ascended gear for WvW. That is the great lie being propagated here.

I think what your saying is true for now as the ascended set is currently limited. However, they plan to add ascended armor and probably weapons as well. The cumulative effect of a future full set of ascended will indeed be substantial.

Thus if you do not wish to fall behind the power curve in the future you need to get ascended.

But as it stands all of these complaints are silly. If they make the ascended armor and weapons take about 300 laurels people might just have a complaint. Somehow I don’t see that happening.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

I’d like see OP’s face when he/she realises dailies/monthlies can be completed exclusively in WvW and also in sPvP.

Good luck on your adventure OP, be sure to thank ANet for providing all players equal and easy access to the best gear on your way out.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

This has been argued before. It is very easy to get dailies especially since 3 of them now are WvW only everyday! Also monthlies are a joke for WvWers and can be done in a solid weekend, stop your complaining its not hard and if you consider “gathering” while in WvW PVE than your just lazy bc it takes about 2 minutes(which you barely have to do for most dailies now)…I can get 90% of my dailies usually without even looking at them

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Nitengalez.2134

Nitengalez.2134

The problem isn’t that some people feel they need to do some PvE (because this isn’t true). The problem also isn’t the time to acquire, nor the fact we can only get 1 a day.

The problem is, IMO, that all of us are sitting on a colossal mountain of badges that we have nothing to do with. Realistically, this ascended gear should be a massive badge sink; make it like 1500 badges or something for a piece of gear.

Even still, WvW is just mainly zerging, and all that pretty jewelry and accessories won’t make one lick of difference when your being run over by a 40+ or 70+ zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Nitengalez.2134

Nitengalez.2134

a colossal amount of badges with nothing to do with? there are now 8 exotic sets you can buy with badges only. you can buy exotic greatswords for badges + a gold? roll those for a precursor if you really have so much trouble spending badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Pittstonjoma.1659

Pittstonjoma.1659

You can do some of the dailies and monthlys without ever leaving WvW. Personally I love the ability to buy stuff with laurels for/in WvW.

GW1 – Joma Pitdragon

in WvW

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

Since you seem to not understand the concept behind the laurel system, allow me to try to explain it to you – it is a time sink balanced around the majority of players.

I’m using your numbers here, as well as some of my own that are purely theoretical.
Let’s say that the average player has two level 80s they wish to gear. At 125 laurels each, averaging 40 laurels per month that will take them just a bit longer than 6 months. A fairly average amount of time for any MMO to have best-in-slot gear.
It will take you a bit over 2 years to gear all eight of your characters with Ascended.

Let’s assume that something is done to reduce your gearing time down to half. It now takes the average player 3 months to gear their characters.
Your gearing time goes down to 6 months? Average player gets done in 1.5

The problem is not in the system, it’s in what you’re expecting of it.