Laws Of Physics Does Not Apply In WvW

in WvW

Posted by: aristotle.2813

aristotle.2813

An ele or bunch of eles are able to attacked kill defenders or destroy siege weapons on walls of forts/keeps almost instantaneouly. Defenders are unable to retaliate by casting same skills or use their ranged weapons from a higher position to defend. There is no logic in this. As a ranger I cannot shoot arrows downwards at attackers directly below or as an ele cannot cast my skills.

I rarely see anyone using Oil Pots due to being very vulnerable to getting insta-killed as it is hard to disengage fast enough when using a siege weapon.

Situation is such that as far as possible, defenders built siege weapons far from the walls for this reason.

Obviously Anet does not play WvW or do not understand that high walls are meant to protect the defenders and siege weapons. It takes one defender some time to build a siege which can be instantly demolished by one enemy. This is I repeat is not logical.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

yeah, never understood why you have to move ALL THE WAY to the edge of a wall (where you will burn through your stability in about 2 seconds while people pull you off) to cast down on an area you can clearly see (based on having the high ground) but you can hit unseen objects above you, behind solid wall if you are on the low ground.
Same thing happens with siege disablers too. Can hit things out of LOS above, but not below unless you move completely to the edge.
It makes no sense at all

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Sometimes im jealous at the archer npcs. They are able to pewpew down while standing away from the lip where players have to stand to do the same.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

Yeah. There are more things that realistically couldn’t exist.

For example… oils would be safely above murder holes with gates deep inside, and rams would have roofs to protect against said oils. Catas wouldn’t be point-blank, as they would damage themselves. Siege would have a spread with increasing range and you could set the strength of the shot instead of kinda winding it until you feel it’s just right. And one of these things would be that higher ground would grant your skills greater range. Or that being on the walls would somehow protect you from attacks from below.

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

GW2 fortification design doesn’t make any sense at all. We use curtain walls with no ditch and despite the existence of cannons (in the real world, the curtain wall was obsolete by the 16th century, replaced by star forts).

In the game world, the walls provide no advantage for the defender, as they provide no extra range and, in fact, allow the attacker to free-fire upwards without penalty.

If I was designing a structure for defense in GW2 game mechanics, I’d surround my castle with a deep pit (to force attackers to fall and take a considerable low-ground) with a few narrow bridges to make the approach. The outer fortifications on DBL’s air keep are probably the closest in-game examples of a sane defensive structure.

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Physics doesn’t need to apply in a game where I can conjure fireballs from my hands and call meteors from the sky.

You can’t take real-world logic into a game that doesn’t accept real-world logic.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

Physics doesn’t need to apply in a game where I can conjure fireballs from my hands and call meteors from the sky.

You can’t take real-world logic into a game that doesn’t accept real-world logic.

Agreed, but game-world fortification designers should design their structures with the knowledge of how game-world fireballs and game-world meteor shower spells operate.

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

And yet, said fireball cast from your hands still cant be cast directly at the enemy unless you are standing at the edge of the walls… ;-D

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: aristotle.2813

aristotle.2813

I understand where you are coming from and perhaps readers will also agree real world logic does not apply in a game.

My point is that Anet designed the game mechanics for WvW and using the real world as it’s basis. What is suitable for PvE may not necessarily be so for WvW or PvP for that matter.

Simply put, the design for WvW fort/keep walls was to allow players to put siege weapons on top to have an advantage against attackers. Surely a well fortified T3 fort with defenders using siege weapons can fend off most attacks. Sadly that is not the case as a zerg force can take it down in less than 3 minutes. This is ridiculous don’t you think?

in WvW

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

yeah, never understood why you have to move ALL THE WAY to the edge of a wall (where you will burn through your stability in about 2 seconds while people pull you off) to cast down on an area you can clearly see (based on having the high ground) but you can hit unseen objects above you, behind solid wall if you are on the low ground.
Same thing happens with siege disablers too. Can hit things out of LOS above, but not below unless you move completely to the edge.
It makes no sense at all

I hate getting pulled off of an arrow cart by the attacking enemies, especially when they really shouldn’t be able to have any line of sight to do it based on how the game mechanics work yet it still happens.

Attackers have the greater advantages because it lends to more combat and action. I really wish that Anet would make some changes to some of these things though. The top of the walls should not be a death trap for the folks inside the tower unless it is from enemy siege. At least if enemy siege was the cause of the death trap it would be much more sensible compared to an Ele that is getting face burn while casting all that stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

When your keep gets captured at least once a day, you don’t have time to build a logical impenetrable fortrous. You just build with what you have from the rubble and hope it makes it through the night.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Physics?

GW2 has physics.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Start by lowering the damage Meteor does on siege…3 balls hit and Poof siege !

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

You probably 3 hit those eles too.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

As a ranger you can also shoot downwards with skill 5 on LB. You require line of sight to do it. The same with the eles. When it comes to defending with siege on the wall i think it should be a counter class to that. The problem is that critical dmg doesen’t count when your dps-ing siege. Which makes some PvT builds hit higher that zerker builds cause the increase in power from sharpening stones which scales with the thougness and vitality stats.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

At this stage of WvW rebalanceblancerebalance for players vs siege, anyone honestly complaining about players being too strong against siege weapons has simply never fought against (nor with) properly placed and used siege weapons.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

Has happened to me twice because veteran cabalists pulls. In DBL camp and in Jerrifer lord room slope, I was thrown directly up air – like in the video.