League schedule needed to be 8 weeks

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

with 9 teams in all but NA gold league, an 8-week schedule could have had each server playing every other server exactly twice.

but nope, we play the top server 3 times and the bottom 3 servers ONCE. so by splitting 1-1 with the server close to us, they win 3rd because they have easier matchups.

please keep this in mind for season 2.

then repeat these matches in a different order with the 1st match being last. every server plays 2x against every server.

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Except for outside of your league, bronze. Theres no reason to do so really. Let alone the amount of blow out matches there currently are. The schedule just needs to be thought through better. Complete kitten job on anets part with scheduling.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

There is no reason to bother with 168 or 159 matchups at all. These are going to be total blowouts and not much fun for anyone.

Looking at the current North American match ups, both Gold league matchups are blowouts, and 2 silver league matchups are blowouts. Bronze is the only league that’s even a little competitive.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Please god no! It’s enough that we have to suffer 7 weeks of this kitten. If an extra week was added I fear my toon would hang himself off the LA bridge.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

It should be 0 weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The problem with the leagues is that ANET separated the servers incorrectly. The forums users tried to tell them that 1-6 was a bad idea. 1-3 should have always been separate. I guess ANET needed their data point and now they have it. Lesson learned… listen to the forums more.

Why ANET would separate Mag, SBI, FA, and SoS makes zero sense. Those are 4 of the most evenly matched servers. With TC losing guilds, they probably fit into that group as well.

in WvW

Solstice.1097

The problem with the leagues is that ANET separated the servers incorrectly. The forums users tried to tell them that 1-6 was a bad idea. 1-3 should have always been separate. I guess ANET needed their data point and now they have it. Lesson learned… listen to the forums more.

Why ANET would separate Mag, SBI, FA, and SoS makes zero sense. Those are 4 of the most evenly matched servers. With TC losing guilds, they probably fit into that group as well.

1-3 leaving 21 servers left? how would you do those 21 servers? a league of 9 and a league of 12? so you just added NSP, IoJ, and either CD or EBay to bronze league, ruining the only competitive league?

in WvW

Banzie.5248

1-3 leaving 21 servers left? how would you do those 21 servers? a league of 9 and a league of 12? so you just added NSP, IoJ, and either CD or EBay to bronze league, ruining the only competitive league?

We’ve discussed this in the silver league thread quite a bit.. Feel free to check it out. In the end the disparity between bronze and silver after IoJ is immense. CD and Ebay would thoroughly crush bronze, while other silver and gold leagues servers crush them with extreme ease. I hate to say it, either the pop needs to spread or servers need to be consolidated to make leagues work… Otherwise we can just keep the fun old match ups we had.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

How about 1-3 fight each other for 7 weeks in the superzergballlagfest league. The remaining 21 get divided into 3 leagues of 7.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I disagree with the 8 weeks things.

To me it should have been 4 weeks of set matches, so everyone plays everyone evenly, then you matchup the top 3, next top 3, and next top 3 until a winner is determined (keep in mind that this isn’t promotion/regulation, but matchups based on total server points).

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Solstice.1097

I am speaking from a bronze perspective that it IS competitive here for the most part and if the schedule was “fair” we’d probably get 3rd, but since another server has an easier schedule they will get it instead.

in WvW

Banzie.5248

How about 1-3 fight each other for 7 weeks in the superzergballlagfest league. The remaining 21 get divided into 3 leagues of 7.

3 servers per match, what would one server do, Have an off week each week? I dont wanna kittening pve for a week :s

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Solstice.1097

3 leagues of 7? so 1 server sits out each week from each league?

in WvW

Posted by: baseballguy.4865

baseballguy.4865

Here is mine for Gold NA

we only need 5 weeks. How do you know if 6 in gold goes to silver and 1 in silver goes to gold?

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

^ server 1 is not facing server 6 so that’s an invalid setup with the goals of leagues in mind.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

3 leagues of 7? so 1 server sits out each week from each league?

Yes 1 server from each league will sit out of the league and play the other 2 that are sitting out. Each server takes a turn sitting out. Sure that week will be a blow out but I would rather have 1 blowout here and there than 7 in a row. While they are fighting in the side lines their points don’t count towards the season but people can still complete their achieves.