Legendary trails (footprints) at WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dacdariel.9526

Dacdariel.9526

Howdy, that’s the question, I couldn’t find the answer anywhere yet (a friend told me that they can, another one that they can’t.

I know there was a bug that made the legendary trail could be seen by the enemy when thief were in stealth.
Considering it may have been solved, I am still curious about how it works now.
Does the enemy see the legendary’s trail (the trail your pj makes when he walks with his legendary on)?
I wish to know, cause my main is a thief, and I like how Incinerator looks, but I would like to leave a followable trail for the enemy as I walk around (I know the trail is not very long, but it could reveal me from time to time when I hide rapidly around a corner after shadowstepping away, and taking the difficulties to build a legendary to be at a disadvantage would totally sk d :.

Thanks for your answers : )

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I’ve always wondered this as well. Especially as I main a Mesmer with Rodgort at times and then as you suggested; incinerator with thief. I can test this out when I get home much later tonight and post results.

But yeah I always thought it would be a dead giveaway if the enemy can still see your path of footprints, haha.

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

I’ve always wondered this as well. Especially as I main a Mesmer with Rodgort at times and then as you suggested; incinerator with thief. I can test this out when I get home much later tonight and post results.

But yeah I always thought it would be a dead giveaway if the enemy can still see your path of footprints, haha.

We’re tracking you via your mini anyway.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

No, you they can’t see your footprints when you are stealthed.

in WvW

Posted by: JaeleCt.3967

JaeleCt.3967

what rimmy said. works well vs. mesmers too lol

in WvW

Posted by: Dacdariel.9526

Dacdariel.9526

Howdy, yeah, I’ve read ppl cant see your footprints while invi now -it was a bug-, but I’d love to know if enemies can or can not see your footprints (legendary induced) WHILE YOU ARE NOT INVISIBLE.
Thanks for the minis explanation, I never use then because of that.
Now it would be missing to know if ppl can see your footprints when you are not invisible. It can be very perjudicial to mesmer, as our friend stated.

I hope having such a numerous comunity we could get some certain responses. Hope your tests went well.
See you around (the “for now legendary hater thief”, friend of legendary frustrated mesmers.

in WvW

Posted by: CookieCrumbz.6328

CookieCrumbz.6328

Sorry, I know this thread is relatively old, but I would like to know the answer to this as well. I have been skinning exotics with normal skins as a different set to run around in sPvP and WvW in because I’m not sure.

~Rei
Blackgate
Thief | Mesmer | Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Sorry, I know this thread is relatively old, but I would like to know the answer to this as well. I have been skinning exotics with normal skins as a different set to run around in sPvP and WvW in because I’m not sure.

No, an opponent can’t see them when you’re stealthed.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

CookieCrumbz.6328

Yeah, I mean in general though, when I’m not stealth, and running around with a legendary, are my tracks visible to opposing servers?

~Rei
Blackgate
Thief | Mesmer | Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Marmatt.8590

Marmatt.8590

Yeah, I mean in general though, when I’m not stealth, and running around with a legendary, are my tracks visible to opposing servers?

When you are not in stealth, yes your footprints are visible to enemy players. As well as your mini’s. But when you go into stealth your footfalls are hidden, as well as (sometimes) your mini. Alot of times people are able to pinpoint thieves because their mini didnt stealth along with them.

Mystogen 80 Mes
Knights Of The Knightmare
S3 Legend

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Mini’s do not stealth.

I make sure to ask all my players to put minis away at the beginning of our raids in order to make sure that our veils work, and that we dont have a small mini army following us that gives away our position.

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Howdy, yeah, I’ve read ppl cant see your footprints while invi now -it was a bug-, but I’d love to know if enemies can or can not see your footprints (legendary induced) WHILE YOU ARE NOT INVISIBLE.
Now it would be missing to know if ppl can see your footprints when you are not invisible. It can be very perjudicial to mesmer, as our friend stated.

I hope having such a numerous comunity we could get some certain responses. Hope your tests went well.
See you around (the “for now legendary hater thief”, friend of legendary frustrated mesmers.

While you are visible, your legendary footprints will show up to your enemies.

However, Mesmers, fear not, for your clones will also display Legendary effects!

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

CookieCrumbz.6328

While you are visible, your legendary footprints will show up to your enemies.

However, Mesmers, fear not, for your clones will also display Legendary effects!

Aw, I’m nowhere near the level of play where it matters yet, but wouldn’t people be able to track you more easily when you’re running circles around them and stuff?

Because even if you’re already out of their screens view, they know which side you’re on and all that cuz your footprints?

~Rei
Blackgate
Thief | Mesmer | Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

So people on my server taught me this… if you put your graphics up all the way you can see grasses move when a stealthed thief or mesmer runs through them. I don’t have the greatest computer so this isn’t something I plan on doing.

Also if you stealth and continue in the same direction, it makes you easy to find. If you change direction or loop back around carefully they’ll have trouble finding you. My experiences with a rogue in WoW have taught me a few things about avoiding detection in stealth. But it’s harder in GW2 since stealth is on such a short cooldown.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

No we can’t see your footprints or anything, but we can see your minipet!

There used to be a time when legendary effects wouldn’t apply to mesmer clones so attacking the real mesmer was easy but that was fixed shortly after release

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I remember it as Quip/Off-hand/ Legendaries are not working with clones (no footprint for clones), but maybe it was fixed..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140