Less Tomes and More Siege

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

How about a few less tomes in the current WvW reward tracks? I suggest substituting some of them with more WvW useful items such as siege.

Just a thought.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The problem is that if you leave tomes out, people who only play WvW cannot level up as WvW no longer award exp… Ideally we need more “WvW themed” Reward tracks that give us siege (Hero Weapon and Triumphant armor give some) while the Dungeon ones keep giving tomes for people who need them.

Or maybe let us trade tomes for siege…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

The problem is that if you leave tomes out, people who only play WvW cannot level up as WvW no longer award exp… Ideally we need more “WvW themed” Reward tracks that give us siege (Hero Weapon and Triumphant armor give some) while the Dungeon ones keep giving tomes for people who need them.

Every wvw rank gives a tome as well. Either the rewards track or rank chests could have tomes removed without harming the ability to level.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Exactly what I was thinking today when I visited my bank. Too many stacks of tomes and toons are maxed out. Trading tomes for siege would be fantastic.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The problem is that if you leave tomes out, people who only play WvW cannot level up as WvW no longer award exp.

Players get tomes in rank up.

The tomes for siege idea is interesting but we already have enough currency types. If we go down that road I would suggest they eliminate tomes and give out Hero Points instead. Players could then use HP to buy siege (which they can already do), levels and spirit shards.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It wouldn’t be as bad if they had a “use all” on tomes as clicking on them all really sucks. But I was definitely thinking tome rewards should be consolidated at the end chest, maybe a choice of things to get.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

The problem is that if you leave tomes out, people who only play WvW cannot level up as WvW no longer award exp…

Three things. Some people may not agree with some of this…

• All the f2p is barred from wvw till lvl 60. They wouldn’t be doing leveling in wvw to begin with.
  • If your under 80 and not geared in at least exotics, your doing your server a disservice. In EoTM that’s fine.
  • Tomes of knowledge are kinda redundant beccause the majoirty of the base is already 80, and sitting on a stack of them. At this point they have very little use other than spirit shards.

Why don’t they make the tracks reward proofs of heroics in place of tomes, and then make the option to purchase tomes as part of the vendor. That way everyone gets something useful.

Edit they could in turn also eliminate the rank up chest tome as well, and just turn up the proofs that already come with rank up.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Why don’t they make the tracks reward proofs of heroics in place of tomes, and then make the option to purchase tomes as part of the vendor. That way everyone gets something useful.

This sound much better indeed.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

+1 to this thread in general. Think I’ve argued for most of these points before.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Maybe when the reward box pops up there can be an option to choose your reward. When a character levels up they sometimes have options for the junk they get as a reward.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Best suggestion since Towering Towers. +1

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Best idea since reward tracks.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I honestly just want other uses for Tomes besides guild upgrades. For those of us like myself (and I know I’m not alone) that prefer not to be in a guild, Tomes just kind of pile up. I literally have 6 entire stacks of these in my bank right now and then some. That’s over 1,500 Tomes and all I can do is; consume them for Spirit Shards, which I already also have a ton of, or throw them out.

Being able to trade them for blueprints sounds like a reasonable idea to me.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It wouldn’t be as bad if they had a “use all” on tomes as clicking on them all really sucks. But I was definitely thinking tome rewards should be consolidated at the end chest, maybe a choice of things to get.

If you drag and drop your inventory until it’s right beneath the accept option on the window that pops up when you double click a Tome, you can just spam click from there.

It should look like the picture I’ve attached with the Tomes directly beneath the Accept option.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I do that already. Still want a consume all. =p

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I would rather see more exotic/ascended drops then siege tbh, regular siege is what you would get and it’s cheap and easy enough to get that it doesn’t need to drop. Ascended on the other hand, look at fractals they crap out ascended like it’s green gear, I don’t see why the drop rate shouldn’t be increased for WvW. If the idea is to force us into Fractals, it’s not going to happen, you either want to do fractals and will or you don’t and you won’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

+1 for a WvW themed reward track without tomes or a option to trade tomes for siege.
Just gives us something to spend tomes besides leveling.

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Trade tomes for siege or give us siege tbh. Literally all of my money goes into consumables insted of ascended gear.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Give me gold and chances for ascended armor and weapons. That’s all I want or need. The ascended rings…I don’t even know what to do with them anymore. There are probably 50+ cluttering up storage.

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Definitely need to give us wvw peeps a choice between tomes and wvw consummables. Too many tomes and nothing to do with them, already have too many shards too.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Definitely need to give us wvw peeps a choice between tomes and wvw consummables. Too many tomes and nothing to do with them, already have too many shards too.

Or make tomes tradable/sellable, they could even add a merchant in WvW that use Tomes as a currency.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Leave tomes …. just change your tomes to shards, farm your nodes for mithril and elder wood … go make your siege. It’s literally a free sup siege print each tome.

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Leave tomes …. just change your tomes to shards, farm your nodes for mithril and elder wood … go make your siege. It’s literally a free sup siege print each tome.

Just like PvE players have an excess of gold, WvW players have an excess of Tomes and Spirit Shards. We would like to make money by doing what we enjoy, I don’t think that’s a lot to ask.

Also, if you’ve ever tried making Superior Siege, it’s an incredibly tedious task. You don’t just make 5 or 10 Rams/AC’s/what ever else. You need to make hundreds of them. You burn through siege fast. Which means potentially sitting at the Mystic Forge for 2 hours while you slowly develop carpal tunnel. I would much rather buy Superior Siege over crafting it unless we get an option to craft siege in bulk instead of individually.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m in need of tomes actually – I just crafted a bunch of legendaries and sold them. And also my favourite commander gets a few stacks of sup siege here and there. I rather have tomes than siege actually, at least tomes don’t have to use up inventory space, that’s a plus.
You can make gold with spiritshards, not only by crafting sup siege and legendaries, also by upgrading mats.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I’m in need of tomes actually – I just crafted a bunch of legendaries and sold them. And also my favourite commander gets a few stacks of sup siege here and there. I rather have tomes than siege actually, at least tomes don’t have to use up inventory space, that’s a plus.
You can make gold with spiritshards, not only by crafting sup siege and legendaries, also by upgrading mats.

Tomes don’t take inventory space? Tell that to the stacks of Tomes in my kittening bank. Also, everything use of spirit shard is for somenthing expensive and the value of the spirit shard on it is very minor.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Tomes don’t take inventory space? Tell that to the stacks of Tomes in my kittening bank.

Use them and have spiritshards… ….

Also, everything use of spirit shard is for somenthing expensive and the value of the spirit shard on it is very minor.

You’re wrong on that one, my friend.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Also, everything use of spirit shard is for somenthing expensive and the value of the spirit shard on it is very minor.

Then enlighten me, oh great maker of gold with spirit shards. Because to me they are just a nigh useless currency that I’m sitting atop of thousands.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Then enlighten me, oh great maker of gold with spirit shards. Because to me they are just a nigh useless currency that I’m sitting atop of thousands.

./wiki any T6 mat and how to make them
./wiki any (vanilla) legendary and how to make them (but most people hate map completion)
./ wiki superior siege blueprints

Need more help with anything?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

And here I thought I would have an actual useful response. smh.

Spirit shard is pretty minor in making legendaries and T6 mats due the price of the rest of the things you need. The superior siege one I still do about time in time, but it’s so much time consuming I don’t bother doing it much. I don’t like spending hours in front of the Mystic Forge, you know?

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m covered on these things. If I had the gold to craft legendary weapons, I might do that. But WvW simply does not provide that kind of cash.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Yeah got all classes to 80 and a million stacks of tomes. Consume all button and some half decent way to convert shards to gold would be nice.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Revamp mystic toilet to craft siege in bulks so i can craft it without being worried getting RSI for the rest of mah life.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Jana.6831

I’m covered on these things. If I had the gold to craft legendary weapons, I might do that. But WvW simply does not provide that kind of cash.

I bet there’s enough people who only play PvE who complain about too little loot as well and actually I don’t really get it because I have no problems making gold, no matter what game mode I’m playing. When wvw wasn’t that screwed up I only played wvw as a scout and solo roamer (who upgraded quite a lot) – and was still the richest of my friends. You guys are doing something wrong. One of the wrong things is to hoard tomes of knowledge and not using up spirit shards. You make about 16-17 gold profit from one stack of sup siege if you buy everything else and there’s a lot more uses for spirit shards than that.

I do agree with Offair though – using the mystic forge can be very annoying.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

y’know what’d be super neat

if you could buy siege using tomes of knowledge

i’ve got like 5 stacks of them and wouldn’t mind turning it into cash

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Jana.6831

Yo, we’re wvw players, not lazy PvE players – also you can already buy sup siege with proofs of heroics.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Yo, we’re wvw players, not lazy PvE players – also you can already buy sup siege with proofs of heroics.

Spot on, the devs don’t really care about you. Sorry

You’re kinda the goth girl or the larping kid in the family in anets eyes. You’re just not wanted.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

There are way too many tomes of knowledge. I got over 5000 unused spirits shards and so many full stacks of tomes of knowledge in my bank. I really don’t know what to do with them.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Agreeing with whoever mentioned acquiring tomes via Proofs of Heroics that way we can choose to spend them on tomes if we want while also making the reward track give us useful things like siege blueprints.

I don’t know. I’m that kind of player who literally has zero tomes/spirit shards because I tend to constantly be changing many asc sets around to stats I want etc and it’s always nice to receieve tomes/spirit shards…

in WvW

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

I understand you were being salty at him, which makes me not want to help you, but I’ll tell you anyway: you can use gw2effiecency.com to find the current best ways to make gold with spirit shards. Go to currencies, than spirit shards, and you can edit the search from there.

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

in WvW

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

It is a bit time consuming to get decent rates (I’m looking at you, T6…) but if you already have gold there are some good options.

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I’d love a craft in bulk option in the forge… what about making weapons with the eldritch scrolls? Is there any profit in those?

The profit converting reg siege to superior is tiny … for example … (and I’m ballparking this estimate) I think 50 sup rams (take a stack of wood and mithril each) costs about 8.2G to make yet selling them on the BLTC only gives you about 8.9G – the tax. ?

No money there.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

It is a bit time consuming to get decent rates (I’m looking at you, T6…) but if you already have gold there are some good options.

That’s the problem man… Spirit shards are only worth it if you already have money and have more time to sit in front of the forge doing the recipes for hours because you cannot produce in a bulk (superior siege issue)… It’s a pretty bad currency overall and I would rather be receiving Proof of Heroics or even siege instead of Tomes of Knowledge Spirit Shard.

in WvW

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

I’d love a craft in bulk option in the forge… what about making weapons with the eldritch scrolls? Is there any profit in those?

The profit converting reg siege to superior is tiny … for example … (and I’m ballparking this estimate) I think 50 sup rams (take a stack of wood and mithril each) costs about 8.2G to make yet selling them on the BLTC only gives you about 8.9G – the tax. ?

No money there.

According to gw2bltc.com who factors in tp fees each superior flame ram is 3s 96c profit when made factor that x 50 and you have your profit but idk what you guys want man you were just talking about how useless your spirits shards were so would you rather make almost 4s per use out of them or complain…seems like complain to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

And bear in mind the whole item itself is worth on the trading post most of the time 24? (edit: gw2bltc says 22) ish silver so a near 4s profit is massive in that sense.

Edit again and if thats not enough gw2efficiency has a list of things you can sell your spirit shards for and how much profit you make from the item some as much as 130g profit but with large investment

(edited by Fremtid.3528)

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

I love the idea of removing tomes, and changing them with proofs and making this purchasable via proofs

Proofs are a godsend in wvw right now in my opinion

in WvW

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

As an extreme alt-o-holic, I would have to disagree with OP

I love tomes. I NEED tomes. Tomes, tomes, tomes.

Once I noticed a great idea here in the forums; make an entirely separate Tome of Knowledge reward track, that would only give you tomes, and remove them from other reward tracks. WvW basically throws loads of them at you anyway, so I don’t really see why not. People who need tomes would only get them faster, and those who don’t have any need for them could get something useful instead. Just a thought.