Let them hate so long as they fear you!

in WvW

Posted by: UnrealTravis.9016

UnrealTravis.9016

One thing I have learned over the year’s from being a support of Club and Country(Soccer) is to make it so the other team’s supporter’s fear you. When they see you walking they turn the other way.

Now in WVW you should make a name for one’s group either zerg or guild. If you just log on and drive / command and the other group just see’s you as every other player / group. What is the point? Make it so that when they see you coming they want to turn around and have nothing to do with you. I know on my old guild we used to all dress up in the same color outfit’s and our driver / GL would always be like a toy doll / everyone else would be all Dolly’s or some other costume. It was little thing’s that started it and as we moved around the different maps. We started to get a name for our selves. People said it is that crazy skill group, we don’t want to mess with them. Most of the time they would run and we would chase and kill them.
Because anyone can make a cake and eat it, but if no love is put into the cake. Why even make the cake?
Over all I think zerg / guilds need to have a motto they should follow to give it’s player’s a reason to log on and do WVW.

(edited by UnrealTravis.9016)

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

I think there should be guild battle standards you can carry around in WvW to let the enemy know which guild is about to crush them.

in WvW

UnrealTravis.9016

That would be cool. So maybe if a blob of 10 plus from the same guild gets you and it gives you a guild item to tell you who killed you and a little guild motto. Those tokens can be used for to get a mini buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

So… You want your guild to have zero fights. Why even bother going to wvw in that case?

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I know on lower tiers (like Kaineng) guild tags kinda take care of this. Since zergs are almost always guild groups, and most gameplay is small group roaming, certain guilds become better known as either good or bad.

in WvW

UnrealTravis.9016

I want my guild and or zerg to fight, just I want other’s around us to know who we are and not take us lightly.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Lol, the only guilds that I run from are the ones that like to roll with 10 – 15 people to gank solo’s. There are more than a few of them that I’m aware of but at the moment the biggest offender is [Wipe]. It’s fine to make a name for yourself, perhaps being that guild that rolls with a small number and can easily defeat twice their numbers, or that guild that’s extremely good at sniping towers/keeps without being detected… But if you’re feared because you’re gankers I can’t say it’s anything to be proud of. Especially if you buckle under pressure any time enemy numbers come even close to approaching your own.

Not that that’s what you’re suggesting, just saying if you want someone to fear you don’t make it the kind of “fear” that is knowing those people will chase you across the map just to throw blueprints on your corpse but will flee with their tail between their legs if you have a few people to back you up.

Anyway, I prefer to make a name for myself as an individual rather than as a group. That roamer that you can’t let get away with their life because you know they’re always up to something. If people see me in their territory they’ll usually chase me pretty far because they probably know if I get away, I’ll make short work of any unprotected towers, yaks or players if I have the chance to do it. I like to claim towers and camps I capture as often as possible as well so people know it was me (:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

yea thats all well and good, problem is you become a bigger target and your enemies will simply roll larger numbers when they know your around, which will eventually ruin your day no matter how good you are.

Hate is a tool.
Fear is a tool.
Understand them.
Use them properly

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I don’t know anyone in wvw personally who would run from their opposition while evenly matched. I don’t ever remember running from a specific guild in WvW through many tiers even.

Also if you’re wanting to let other server know who crushed them, use the Guild gear which shows your guild logo, as well as the guild finishers. (Not to mention they can see guild tag/names already.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

X T D.6458

I don’t know anyone in wvw personally who would run from their opposition while evenly matched. I don’t ever remember running from a specific guild in WvW through many tiers even.

Also if you’re wanting to let other server know who crushed them, use the Guild gear which shows your guild logo, as well as the guild finishers. (Not to mention they can see guild tag/names already.)

Some people dont look at it as running though, they simply avoid fights with trolly/stealth spamming groups of gankers full of mesmers and thieves. Which dont have any purpose in pursuing for a fight.

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Some people dont look at it as running though, they simply avoid fights with trolly/stealth spamming groups of gankers full of mesmers and thieves. Which dont have any purpose in pursuing for a fight.

I could see that.
Or the players who skip groups to make it to their goal location on a map. (To attack/defend.)

I took the Op as meaning they wanted a way to just scare people away from them in general, not players avoiding them for other reason than being “scared”.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

X T D.6458

yea in t1 its surprisingly common to see enemy groups run, even if the numbers are balanced, Im not really sure why but I will say this particular server doesnt like to fight open field unless they outnumber 2or3 to 1 lol

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I think there should be guild battle standards you can carry around in WvW to let the enemy know which guild is about to crush them.

I’m actually really, really surprised that the warrior banners don’t show the guild emblem. At least the battle standard should proudly fly your guild colours.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

UnrealTravis.9016

I don’t mran being a troll hank squad. They can rot in hell. Fear to me is not just running away. If someone shouts out in mumble 30 man group at bay of no nam group. Most would not bat a eye lash. They may send a few to assist. Now if this is a skill group who is known for fast capping or karma training the map. Then more people will be scared to see the map change colord and send more fighters and or commanders to help out.

in WvW

UnrealTravis.9016

Being from one of them T1 servers. I notice commanders tend to stay away from open field combat. Mainly because they don’t see it gaining much ppt. Why fight when you can cap a tower, keep, or other stratigic point. A few others don’t do not mostly because. If they fight open field it leaves a hole open for group to back door them and take SM or other key item. Now if you can field it every server should have one skill group set up for open field combat. Helps krep zerg from making it to towers or keeps. Plus it is demoralizing to the people on the server. If they keep getting stop with even number fights. Now I don’t mean to gank for the sake of ganking. They should have a reason for open field combat.

in WvW

Posted by: funassistant.6589

funassistant.6589

yea in t1 its surprisingly common to see enemy groups run, even if the numbers are balanced, Im not really sure why but I will say this particular server doesnt like to fight open field unless they outnumber 2or3 to 1 lol

wat? What T1 are you in? I’ve never seen a equal numbered blob run away from another blob.

Team Africa [TA]
European Overlord

in WvW

X T D.6458

wat? What T1 are you in? I’ve never seen a equal numbered blob run away from another blob.

Im on NA t1, and the server I was referring to is an enemy server, which only likes to fight if it outnumbers

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Im on NA t1, and the server I was referring to is an enemy server, which only likes to fight if it outnumbers

See I wonder if this is true, or if it’s just the observation of someone who is not in the opposing server’s voice comms, listening to commander/scout calls, and such.

I mean I am also in NA T1, and I don’t see the majority of JQ/TC/BG backing off from one another in fights until 1 outnumbers each the other only.

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

X T D.6458

That wasnt to say they NEVER fight, it just often seems like they never like to fight unless they outnumber us, although with PPK now its different

in WvW

Mishi.7058

That wasnt to say they NEVER fight, it just often seems like they never like to fight unless they outnumber us

Ahh.
Which server are ya on or referring to? (If you don’t mind me asking.)

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

X T D.6458

I would never use the opposing servers comms Im no spy :o

in WvW

X T D.6458

That wasnt to say they NEVER fight, it just often seems like they never like to fight unless they outnumber us

Ahh.

Im on BG, referring to TC

in WvW

Mishi.7058

I would never use the opposing servers comms Im no spy :o

I didn’t mean using as to spy. I meant missing the information and that the groups may have been called to do something specific in a timely manner, and the fighting would delay what they were to achieve.

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Ahh.

I can’t comment on that one. Not sure of what TC does in that case.
(Im on JQ myself.)

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

X T D.6458

oh nah I know what you mean, I have often watched them just run inside something to repel with siege instead of fighting, which is fine and all, but we like to fight open field not bunkered up towers/keeps full of siege

in WvW

Mishi.7058

oh nah I know what you mean, I have often watched them just run inside something to repel with siege instead of fighting, which is fine and all, but we like to fight open field not bunkered up towers/keeps full of siege

I honestly think all 3 servers do it to some extent. (Like TC has done yes, BG yes, JQ yes.) However I do think certain groups and guilds do OFF rather than bunkering in a tower.

/death to the AC built in open field fights!

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

X T D.6458

I honestly think all 3 servers do it to some extent. (Like TC has done yes, BG yes, JQ yes.) However I do think certain groups and guilds do OFF rather than bunkering in a tower.

/death to the AC built in open field fights!

lol open field ac’s yell at them this is not eotm! And yea this is done in every server ofc, but moreso Ive noticed in ppt oriented servers like TC, and BG from the old T1 days

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Clearly BG is the skill server in the T1 matchup. I would go so far as to say that the players on BG are easily 4x better than every other server. I tend to run whenever I see a BG zergling without a vast number of my comrades. Fearsome I tell you… FEARSOME!

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”