Lets Make WvW Great Again

in WvW

Posted by: ArcanistSeven.8720

ArcanistSeven.8720

Some of My WvW Ideas
(These ideas might be good or might be bad im not saying this is how things should be)
Server population problems
1. Faction V Faction instead of Server V Server

• Change it from Server vs Server to a Faction vs Faction style WvW where people from all servers choose a faction to join then it pins those faction against each other and they cant change factions with out using gems or until the end of the month where everything should reset and you can choose a new faction to join.(Might be a good chance to make use of those three orders of tyria or it might not lore wise)

2. Shuffle the Servers. (I think this one is more easily achieved let the mayhem begin)

• What i mean by this is kick everyone out of their server, rename the servers then let them back in allowing them to change servers once so they can be with their guilds and provide a one week hiatus so guilds can get together before WvW commences.
  • Renaming the servers prevents people from joining winning servers because if you dont they will do this and it will defeat the purpose of the server change.
  • Doing it this way randomly distributes players evenly because they dont know which server to join and which one is the good one.

Build Diversity
Easier access to build diversity (which i might be asking for to much)

• Switch builds similar to PvP but instead of having an amulet for a 1 stat items give us a full set of armor with trinkets we can change the stats of any time but with locked stats and runes we unlock through reward tracks. These weapons and armor cant be unequipped and are WvW items only which means like the pvp amulets they cant be taken out of WvW. Doing this provides fun build diversity, a sense of progression by unlocking stats and runes and giving WvW some flavor making it stand on its own without being compared to PvP or WvW.

Miscellaneous
“I Will Build a Wall” (We need to stop them filthy mist invaders from coming over)

• let us build small short walls. placing of these walls would be similar to placing seige but instead of a circle Aoe it would be a rektangle.(lol)
  • The walls also shouldn’t be allowed within a certain distance of a keep or tower to prevent base expansion, also prevent wall building on roads to stop supply dolyaks
    (although i kinda like this idea).
  • these build-able walls should be susceptible to rams with as much health as any seige item and should also have slanted tops to prevent people from using them to scale or hop over walls.(there’s a joke here i know there is)

Also bring back old Stability and rezzing people. (I miss those big close range zerg fights and my medic thief /cry all the time)

And If anyone else has got any ideas or critiques post them below and

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Build templates are a great idea, the Faction stuff is terrible. Most of the rest of the ideas here are tepid at best.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Kicking people from servers is REALLY bad, they have websites that are paid for in advance, teamspeak server that are paid for in advance and much invested in those communities. They should keep those in tact as much as possible. You can achieve the same thing by keeping current Servers as PvE servers and those remain in tact, then add New WvW servers players choose in addition to their PvE server when they want to play WvW. The number of WvW servers that are created is WvW population dependent, the current population and cap should be viable when players select a server so they know if they can fit their guild onto the server ahead of time. if you do not log in to WvW for 2 weeks you are dropped from WvW server population count and you have to choose a WvW server when you return. They then can shuffle the WvW servers every 3 months or so making everyone choose a new WvW server to keep it fresh.

Not a fan of walls, they need to do more to bring players together, not keep them apart.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Elterzzz.4378

Elterzzz.4378

How about we group up all the servers that are a certain colour, eg all the red servers together and perhaps give them a new cool as name like Badlands. and place them in a huge map in which each matchup lasting a few hours, maybe 3?

That would be a very cool WvW system

Dragon King of War; Death Divine X; Mesmereyezzz;
Founder of War Brigade [WAR] -[MERC][TF]
Sea of Sorrows. Crystal Desert.

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Forget it. It is nice that people are still trying to give Anet ideas that might actually be good, but seriously, just give up.

Anet is bound and determined to kill WvW.

I have been having way more fun in stardew valley lately and won’t be coming back to GW2 anymore.

(Already gave my stuff away sorry)

in WvW

ArcanistSeven.8720

Build templates are a great idea, the Faction stuff is terrible. Most of the rest of the ideas here are tepid at best.

I’m not a big fan of the faction idea but it was an idea so thought i would put it down. i also find one of the biggest problems with WvW is the fact that you fight the same servers pretty much all the time so i think they should like what one of the comments said have dedicated WvW servers but i find that kicking everyone from the servers and renaming them is alot more cost efficient and i believe would bring some fresh air into what would otherwise be stale game mode

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

What happened to the idea of creating Luxons, Kurzicks and Canthans?

The BG Super Munster!

in WvW

ArcanistSeven.8720

Forget it. It is nice that people are still trying to give Anet ideas that might actually be good, but seriously, just give up.

Anet is bound and determined to kill WvW.

I have been having way more fun in stardew valley lately and won’t be coming back to GW2 anymore.

(Already gave my stuff away sorry)

they havent really done anything with WvW since the tournament and hopefully if devs see this it would give them some ideas.
i also find the WvW relies a bit on PvE even though its a different game mode because you need to farm and craft armor by doing PvE stuff to have good gear in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The main issue I have with folks proposing faction or wipes of servers is I look at their posting history and then

Which makes me think feel they aren’t invested in WvW itself as a game mode, but more for the idea of change.

Either that, or social engineering. We seem to encounter measured pushes of these ideas, then they die down, then push again. It feels too constructed.

It actually makes me grateful for the polls, because then at least you get a somewhat accurate measure and it’s not just a couple of loud voices.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Penalize servers that stack to win. Make the outnumbered buff mean something.

Every thing else is fluff.

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

As someone who plays WvW a ton, I support either Faction based WvW or Alliance based WvW. Having WvW tied to server population, caps, locks, and tiers is the thing that’s placing us in this stale game state when all we want is to play with whom we want in an competitive environment. Arena Net had outlines and debates about both, but as they said they scrapped it for server links because it won the “poll”. They took an easier route that in my opinion is just a band aid. I do not like these polls, but I understand they need time to fine tune how they deliver them.

I simply wish Arena Net wouldn’t take the easy route and do something they can do fast rather than something fine tuned and designed to give a breath of fresh air to the game. I think it’s crazy that one of the last polls needed a 75% overall vote to pass, and they even said they could introduce a 3rd new map. There comes a time where a developer should know what’s right for their community and they should have learned enough from the release of the desert map to produce a map that is the best of both worlds.

The poll before that canceled all big plans to overall WvW, without even telling us. The poll asked if we are in support of server links and the effects, without giving clarity that this would be end all be all. I feel like, server links as a final new system to happen every 2 to 3 weeks, is just going to cause us as the Guild Wars 2 community to move around by transferring servers every time this happens. If they re -pair servers and don’t lock servers, there is no point I can see, beyond that of collecting money and gems.

I think this will make people mad, and the game will overall suffer. We aren’t even playing new content… there is no tournament. There is NO NEW WVW CONTENT. They even reverted back to an old map.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

WvW is already great. Please leave it alone. Alpine is great, rewards are in a good place finally, fights are fun. Only thing I could even come close to caring about is nurfing arrow carts or just removing them all together. That would be the only really welcomed change in my opinion.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Given the thread title, I thought you were going to say ban all people who don’t play like you and who don’t play at prime time…

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

A positive post… I’m still on the gw2 forums right (checks url)?

in WvW

ArcanistSeven.8720

Given the thread title, I thought you were going to say ban all people who don’t play like you and who don’t play at prime time…

I thought i would go for a more comedic post to make it somewhat fun to read through for people who may not like the ideas, hopefully it worked and they aren’t too salty.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Anet is just going to shuffle servers again tomorrow, same ole thing.

They’ve had plenty of feedback and 4 years of it, I don’t believe they have anything ground breaking coming and the beta appears to be a bait tactic to hold what little they have left in wvwers. Shuffling servers doesn’t keep anything fresh, it’s the content and imbalance that is poor.

If anything wvw is going backwards. They’re using old maps, talking about completely deleting the new bl with polls, competition has died with no tournaments, combining servers because the games population is dying, etc.