Leveling up very fast post patch - just me?

in WvW

Posted by: Ballistic.2570

Ballistic.2570

I’ve noticed that since the patch dropped I’ve been ranking up very quickly. I definitely jumped about 15 levels in two days. In the same time period I would typically get 5 or 6 ranks.

Just wondering if it’s some weird fluke or if other people have been seeing something similar.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

nah just your commander being on a roll.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Keep in mind that if you get a keg you will barely notice it – you’ll just get multiple levels instantly. So you could have gotten lucky.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Keep in mind that if you get a keg you will barely notice it – you’ll just get multiple levels instantly. So you could have gotten lucky.

^This plus the random wxp bonuses of like 250/500wxp. Used to be tonics but now being added straight away.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

In about 1050 wvw levels, I got a 25,000 point keg once (5 levels). It was a happy day, there’s something oddly satisfying about it.

But my guess is your server is just performing better than normal and you’ve positioned yourself to be in the middle of the action.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

If you’re talking about the last 2 days in particular (Friday and Saturday), it’s not unusual for any server to be extremely active those 2 days. The rest of the week however, has typically seen a slowdown in activity, but this weeks activity depends on the view of the new skirmish scoring as well.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Roaming I average about 2.5 levels an hour without boosts. Looking at my log, that hasn’t changed in months.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Eldrake.1543

Eldrake.1543

Oh, this explains how I suddenly got five levels out of nowhere while WvWing. I had no idea where these sudden levels came from and I got scared.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Roaming I average about 2.5 levels an hour without boosts. Looking at my log, that hasn’t changed in months.

Lolwhat? No….

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Lolwhat? No….

I have logged nearly all of my almost 5k WvW levels and I roam 85% of the time. I can do it faster but it takes a lot of dedication to clear camps and sentries non-stop. The Daily 2 WvW levels takes me about 45 minutes if I have no partial levels.

The “secret” is to tag every guard on every tower between camp and sentry flips. That way a player will get a bronze or better if that tower/keep is flipped later. I do the same thing with camps that have RI… kill a guard and move on. Yaks are easy WxP and worth running down. Pump 1 supply into a wall/gate when an objective is contested for the defense points. SM is prime WxP since it is pretty easy to get 200 WxP every 3 minutes with almost no work.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Justine.6351

Lolwhat? No….

I have logged nearly all of my almost 5k WvW levels and I roam 85% of the time. I can do it faster but it takes a lot of dedication to clear camps and sentries non-stop. The Daily 2 WvW levels takes me about 45 minutes if I have no partial levels.

The “secret” is to tag every guard on every tower between camp and sentry flips. That way a player will get a bronze or better if that tower/keep is flipped later. I do the same thing with camps that have RI… kill a guard and move on. Yaks are easy WxP and worth running down. Pump 1 supply into a wall/gate when an objective is contested for the defense points. SM is prime WxP since it is pretty easy to get 200 WxP every 3 minutes with almost no work.

I had done the math of just flipping camps/sentries/dolyaks in an unbroken chain with only considering the out numbered buff and it was those 3 items every 3min to make it work which is impossible without an enemy cooperating with you specifically with this goal. But ya if you are grinding to the lvl you describe I can see how it can be achieved and all I can think of is to say sorry and pity you.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I had done the math of just flipping camps/sentries/dolyaks in an unbroken chain with only considering the out numbered buff and it was those 3 items every 3min to make it work which is impossible without an enemy cooperating with you specifically with this goal. But ya if you are grinding to the lvl you describe I can see how it can be achieved and all I can think of is to say sorry and pity you.

It isn’t grinding… about half my points come from player kills. Sure I don’t rack up the kills like a zerg but almost all of mine are on players that are WxP plump and by my own hand. Killing a couple hundred players or more a day solo is fun.

Also a camp will often yield 400 WxP and I can clear a camp before swords pop on it. Add in the drive by Tower/Keep takes, Sentries, pumping supply into gates and other guards it goes fast and I hardly notice. I don’t play to WvW level, it just happens. If I did, I would have been Diamond a looooong time ago.

Besides I find running around in a zerg tedious… well a friendly one. Zerg surfing is the kitten.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Justine.6351

It isn’t grinding… about half my points come from player kills. Sure I don’t rack up the kills like a zerg but almost all of mine are on players that are WxP plump and by my own hand. Killing a couple hundred players or more a day solo is fun.

Also a camp will often yield 400 WxP and I can clear a camp before swords pop on it. Add in the drive by Tower/Keep takes, Sentries, pumping supply into gates and other guards it goes fast and I hardly notice. I don’t play to WvW level, it just happens. If I did, I would have been Diamond a looooong time ago.

Besides I find running around in a zerg tedious… well a friendly one. Zerg surfing is the kitten.

You solo 100 players an hour for 6k wexp?