Link EU and NA servers?

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Have 12 EU server and 12 NA and link them together and see how well it works? Or just try to link EU+NA ppt? Let’s say if anet decides to link the servers I don’t think there should be a host server you should literally just have let’s say Tarnished Coast+Desolation(just an example don’t go crazy) to enemy the players from Deso will be shown as Desolation Soldier and players from TC will be shown as Tarnished Coast soldier. If this way doesn’t work then have different instances? People from TC players in one instance and people from Deso in the other instance but on score board it will be shown as Tarnished Coast+Desolation and PPT will be linked so will the kdr and stuff. I think it can help with night capping other issues that are currently in WvW. Hell it can make WvW season so much fun a lot of players might return and it can also create GvG scene again.

Please leave comments, suggestions and concerns!

(edited by CrimeMaker.8612)

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

EU and NA have separate regional pairings because inter-continental internet links are still not as fast and reliable as intra-continental ones.

Nameplates are unified to one of the linked servers because having more than 3 team names involved in a mathematically 3-way battle will unnecessarily confuse the tactical issue of who is able to damage who.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Ugh not this again…

If you can start a kickstarter to delete the Atlantic Ocean and create a machine that can reverse plate tectonics, then sure, let’s go ahead with that idea.

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

Ugh not this again…

If you can start a kickstarter to delete the Atlantic Ocean and create a machine that can reverse plate tectonics, then sure, let’s go ahead with that idea.

Lol what? This idea pretty straight forward and simple. If they link NA servers then there must be a way for them to link EU+NA servers

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

EU and NA have separate regional pairings because inter-continental internet links are still not as fast and reliable as intra-continental ones.

Nameplates are unified to one of the linked servers because having more than 3 team names involved in a mathematically 3-way battle will unnecessarily confuse the tactical issue of who is able to damage who.

Well I mean give them a certain name then I guess lol? Like Desolation Coast or something…. half the EU servers are literally empty so 12 EU and 12 NA is the way to go imo

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Ugh not this again…

Lol what? This idea pretty straight forward and simple. If they link NA servers then there must be a way for them to link EU+NA servers

Do you know there is atleast 250ms ping for connections going from EU to NA and vice-versa. It can’t be resolved becouse of physical distance. At least with todays tehnology and budget.

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I live EST NA. I have zero issues playing EU.

Now whether EU WANTS to play NA is an entirely different matter,

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

Well I mean they can at least try ppt link or something

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

ANET devs have said in the past this is not possible due to EU & NA server hardware being in two different physical locations (Texas & Germany I think?) and they (at least last time we asked this question) had no plans to ever change that. Bummer since most major countries outside of the US typically have way better connection speeds due to our lagging infrastructure, we might be all better off connecting to Germany some days.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Merlinus.1765

Merlinus.1765

Is this reddit? I can’t find the downvote button . . .

Necromancer love: because you can’t spell
“necromancer” without “romance.”
NSP | Os Senior Officer | www.osguild.org

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I would never ask anet to take on something this difficult, they can barely manage their game let alone pull something off like this. Let it be or the game will explode.

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

You are one person.

This would be about entire servers having 300-500ms ping 24/7.

You know what killed ESO AvA at launch and ruined any chances to compete with GW2? EU being forced to play on US servers (Zeni even lied at first, saying it was an EU datacenter until players proved it was in the US). Well, that and vampires. But mostly the lag.

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Ugh not this again…

Do you know there is atleast 250ms ping for connections going from EU to NA and vice-versa. It can’t be resolved becouse of physical distance. At least with todays tehnology and budget.

EU player.
on JQ (NA server).
Avg pings are normally around 140ms.

Please don’t sprout “facts” out of kitten.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

EU player.
on JQ (NA server).

That’s ping straight to server you know. Information have to go out to other players too that have high ping, effectivly doubling it for EU peeps fighting EU peeps on US servers.

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Or maybe you simply don’t notice the issues, because like many WvW players you aren’t good enough at the game…

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

EU player.
on JQ (NA server).

That’s ping straight to server you know. Information have to go out to other players too that have high ping, effectivly doubling it for EU peeps fighting EU peeps on US servers.

Doesn’t the same apply in PvP when I fight other people from europe?

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

sPvP is 5v5 on tiny instances with about 10 NPCs at most.

WvW is ~90v90v90 on big maps with probably 70+ NPCs.

If the sPvP servers are in the US, the answer is yes. The difference between sPvP and WvW in terms of network load should however be quite obvious…

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Or maybe you simply don’t notice the issues, because like many WvW players you aren’t good enough at the game…

That’s TOTALLY it!

:)

You are one person.

This would be about entire servers having 300-500ms ping 24/7.

Yeah I suppose if we were ALL doing it, it’d bottleneck and then I’d notice a difference.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Relocate all the servers to the southern tip of Greenland. Then we could all lag equally. lololol

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

If the sPvP servers are in the US, the answer is yes. The difference between sPvP and WvW in terms of network load should however be quite obvious…

bandwidth =/= ping..
That should also be obvious..

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

bandwidth =/= ping..

True, but when was the last time in sPvP you saw all your skills blinking and players rubberbanding just because there was a 50v50v50 in garrison? Oh that’s right. Never. Because sPvP doesnt even have close to the load of WvW. Lag already exist in WvW, we dont need another 300ms response times artifically added because of some notion that the regions suddenly need to fight each other, when we’ve been split EU and US for 4 years in order to optimize the experience for everyone.

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

bandwidth =/= ping..

True, but when was the last time in sPvP you saw all your skills blinking and players rubberbanding just because there was a 50v50v50 in garrison? Oh that’s right. Never. Because sPvP doesnt even have close to the load of WvW. Lag already exist in WvW, we dont need another 300ms response times artifically added because of some notion that the regions suddenly need to fight each other, when we’ve been split EU and US for 4 years in order to optimize the experience for everyone.

Skill lag is probably a server, infrastructure or game engine optimization issue. I highly doubt it actually has anything to do with player internet connections.

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Why argue over something anet has said they cannot (or will not) do multiple times? This horse is dead…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Relocate all the servers to the southern tip of Greenland. Then we could all lag equally. lololol

And they’d have natural cooling for their servers from the ice cap. Course they might cause catastrophic melting of Greenland every reset.

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Mushin.3928

Mushin.3928

I suspect they have separate data centers for NA and EU. Linking that is non-trivial.

Anyway, I don’t see the point in linking for PPT, and for actual gameplay (i.e both groups playing on an NA or EU server) the lag would probably be too severe.

I know a guy from Spain who plays on my NA server. After the links, the game is borderline unplayable for him most of the time due to lag.

Even other NA people in my guild often have multi-second skill lag in EB.

Link EU and NA servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Got members of my guild in Perth and Singapore… you don’t want to know what the ping from there to Europe is like. Texas is already borderline.