Linked Servers, Reset and Pips

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Ya this is something I know in the past others and myself have asked for. Not sure the reasoning behind not telling us(I am certain there is a good reason!). But they have never (at least to my knowledge) let us know before hand whom will be linked with whom.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

Are you guys for real? When I first read this, I thought 10/10 troll post.

One of the biggest problems for WvW is unstable server populations, caused by bandwagoners. This has now been excacerbated by server linkings and constant server hopping by individuals.

Short of locking transfers, the current situation is designed to discourage mass bandwagoning (I hope).

People complain about wvw server populations and whine about how it’s all Anet’s fault, but really, the above simply demonstrates how entitled many WvW players are, and how they think nothing of destabilising and ruining the gamemode. And want to be rewarded for it. Bring out the violins for the bandwagoners….

Maybe you people could consider simply committing to a server long term and preserving your ability to max tickets.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Is there a way that the server shuffle could be announced on the forums before reset happens? This would be great to know. So those that have to transfer would have time to trade the gems for a new link. Because when you wait till reset to find out you lose 2 weeks worth of making Pips; This happens because you didn’t get a full week worth of time on server for first week. The second week is your true first full week. Finally on the 3rd week you can start accumulating Pips again. This also causes the person who has to transfer to new server to miss out on reset night killing with a new link.

Help me here…

Why do you have to transfer? Is you guild hopping? Are you not on the same server as your guild?

I think you are better off helping to develop the community you are on, and waiting until the host server you wish to actually join opens.

Otherwise, you will accumulate pips slower.

It was put into place to discourage people server hopping.

It appears to be working as intended.

Good luck and see you out there.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I do not care to move just because of a matchup. I just want to know whom I am facing and whom I will be linked with so I have a game plan is all.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Is there a way that the server shuffle could be announced on the forums before reset happens? This would be great to know. So those that have to transfer would have time to trade the gems for a new link. Because when you wait till reset to find out you lose 2 weeks worth of making Pips; This happens because you didn’t get a full week worth of time on server for first week. The second week is your true first full week. Finally on the 3rd week you can start accumulating Pips again. This also causes the person who has to transfer to new server to miss out on reset night killing with a new link.

Help me here…

Why do you have to transfer? Is you guild hopping? Are you not on the same server as your guild?

I think you are better off helping to develop the community you are on, and waiting until the host server you wish to actually join opens.

Otherwise, you will accumulate pips slower.

It was put into place to discourage people server hopping.

It appears to be working as intended.

Good luck and see you out there.

Some of us don’t play WvW for the pips, or the legendaries.

Just food for thought. I do feel like with the way things are. And ANet’s current policy. I might also have to throw the towel in shortly after PoF releases. Sadly there is nothing better on the market. Sounds like a good time to pick up golfing.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

I’ve waited three months now for the server I want to be on to open up.

The server linking has destroyed the ability of the linked servers to recruit, they are all slowly dying (because who wants to join a server where 60-85% of the people you play with changes every two months?)

So the logical thing to do if you’re on a linked server (I was on a linked server for over three years and 2000+ ranks before transferring) is to find a host server that has people you like and transfer there so you have more control over the majority of the people you play with. The problem is, many of the hosts haven’t been opened for quite a while now.

So every two months you have to hope the host you want to be on gets a link so you can transfer to it. I’ll miss reset this weekend regardless of when I transfer because I don’t know what link (if any) my preferred host will get on Friday.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I would like to know in advance which server maguuma is being linked with.

• I have a naked lvl 3 uplevel alt account ready to die it’s heart out for the cause! Infinite D/K ratio! **

Please note: IMHO, While all people are entitled to their own play style, some play styles should not be foisted onto linked servers.

NB The indented line is in fact fake news

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)