Linking/Point System/Server Match Ups

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfvox.7854

Wolfvox.7854

First off get rid of this linking/transfer! It was a bad idea that should never have happened! The quarterly update seemed to revitalize a lot of ppl in WvW the week before the linking/transfer business. Ppl were buzzing in a good way. Then the linking/transfer came and sucked the fun right back out of WvW for A LOT of ppl. I have always wondered why servers were in TIERS. Why doesn’t weekly performance make a difference? Wins/losses should be kept track of and used for the weekly match ups. Give 5 points for 1st, 3 points for second and 1 point for third. Loot chests would be hand in hand with the results also. Each week the match ups could be made according to how you are doing. If you have 10 points, your 2 opponents will be right around the same point total. Your server would be a number not a tier. If there’s 24 servers there are your numbers. You might be at the same number for a while but not everyone can be number one and not everyone is gonna be 24. Yes some ppl will complain that you will see the same enemies every week. Do you think in History the King of a Country at War sat on his throne wondering who he was gonna be facing the next week? Countries were at war with the same enemies for years and years and years! This kind of system would allow some servers to progress and some to regress. All servers could see point totals that would say how they are really doing and where they REALLY rank against all the other servers. But before anything happens, get rid of this linking/transfer thing and never allow it to see daylight again!

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfvox.7854

Wolfvox.7854

That site has been around forever and has never been up to date or accurate. It keeps great tracking of the current match ups but not prior. Just look at History and Medals. Some servers weren’t even listed and you mean to tell me HOD and EB only have (3) medals between them? Dragonbrand and SOR have NEVER won a match? This is not what I was talking about. It has to be controlled and kept up to date by Anet so it’s accurate.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

That site has been around forever and has never been up to date or accurate. It keeps great tracking of the current match ups but not prior. Just look at History and Medals. Some servers weren’t even listed and you mean to tell me HOD and EB only have (3) medals between them? Dragonbrand and SOR have NEVER won a match? This is not what I was talking about. It has to be controlled and kept up to date by Anet so it’s accurate.

The list has probably been screwed up since the links, but it kept track of T1 medals (1st, 2nd, 3rd place out of 24 servers) before since that was the top tier that one everyone was “suppose” to fight for, before people settled into their own tiers and didn’t care about the blob tier.

Anet only kept track of medals counts during tournaments. In any case it’s all pointless. Yay my server won a T8 match, whoopdeedoo.

P.S
Wvw was majorly dying since HoT, it was dying before just not majorly XD Servers helped revitalize wvw. Would there have been enough returning players with just the announcement of reward tracks? maybe, maybe not, we won’t know for sure now, but I personally don’t think so.

Edit: Technically tiers don’t exist, there’s a rank to servers from 1-24 which comes down to population and coverage. The rankings play a part in who gets matched up for the week, usually you play against servers around your ranks who have closer populations to yours.

Also BG is going to win every week, no point in any tournaments or contest.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I find nothing in the OP that I agree with and the justifications used to be subjective at best.

The linking and the return of the Alpine BL has brought several of my guild mates back into wvw. From that subjective perspective, keep doing what your doing Anet!

SBI