Liquid Xp

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I obviously was late to the party when it came to hearing that the daily reward for WvW was changing to time related WvW boost. Now im sitting here with over 500 WvW time boosters on a CD map that is dead. Ummmmm i feel like you just kind of took a huge dump on me since i didnt see anything but hey i guess it my fault.

It is hard to find the want to in a map thats so big and no one is there. With the Halloween event and the new story line. I literally only saw people when i was at the starting WP, i didnt see anyone on my team or the other team as i was running around.

As someone on Crystal Desert where we had 2-5 people on a home map on the slow time part of the day. My question becomes how were we suppose to accomplish anything? I usually ran in 1-4 man groups rarely 5 and here i am looking for enough supply to take a tower with people who are getting lost to get back to the camp. Im just wondering what the plan is for lower level servers.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: The Nights Watch.4378

The Nights Watch.4378

I have the same problem, about 600 Drops of liquid world experience, now to me that is ACTUAL hard earned XP it has now been replaced with a chance to get XP (not the same thing), i dont mind that they changed it but id like the equivalent XP credited to my WvW rank at least…i can put up with the loss of loot.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

Naw all of it kind of frustrates me. I put in a ton of time into WvW when there wasnt skill points. I put in time when we had this liquid WvW Xp and i was saving them because in the last WvW season i didnt get the levels needed for that achievement. I was in there daily and bam they just took all of them away.

The part that is annoying me is they keep having us redo everything all the time. WvW has a point system they redo it. Its taking them over 3 years to address the POPULATION PROBLEM. Fractals, WvW and they made liquid karma boosters and i feel cheated even if they gave a warning.

I guess i have to say im sorry for not reading every update.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: UNO.4906

UNO.4906

wow I just realized my liquid xp are all gone into useless booster, I guess Anet can do what ever the hell they wish huh?
time to move on.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I honestly think they should just make them flat out boosters. I am actually just not opening the chest and using them when I capture something— it would be the same effect. That way it’s sometimes possible to get a lot more than the drops would have gotten you, but you need to be a decent sized group…

I think the reinforced gates are definitely overtuned atm and making it tough for small groups.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

My only problem with this is I heard about this change way too late lol. I was holding onto 10 kegs of world xp to collect them and they turned into boosters. Rip 50 wvw levels.

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

Liquid Xp

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

The problem with the boosters for me as well is alot of the time im in my borderland at the dead time.

Crystal Desert after mid-night pacific time. I was roaming alone and was able to take a camp and a sentry. As i was capping the sentry a another ranger came over and killed me. The only wp was at top keep and i was at the bottom of the map.

Why are these boosters a good thing? I have to spend literally 2-3 minutes running to the bottom half of the map and my former liquid XP for levels and gear were taken from me.

Its hard to keep going into WvW when it keeps resetting. I liked the Quaggans and i hated the ruins. I didnt like the orbs for keeps so im glad you got rid of that. They brought in NPC commanders which takes away from people actually upgrading there towers, and instead of adding side missions to a already good concept. Anet made a map for Big Tier Servers with nothing to add for small groups.

When i sneak a camp now they enemy will see so there is no need for server communication. At this moment, WvW which i really enjoyed is no longer made for the casual WvW player.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: indiesicky.2874

indiesicky.2874

Completely agree with everyone complaining about the WvW experience nonsense. I saved over 700 of them thinking oh, they’ll be fine, I earned them. They won’t get taken away. Clearly, Anet can do whatever they want except change our ranks to what they should be. (I emailed them and was told to post on forums.) (Aka, shrugged off) I think it’s stupid that all that time I spent getting that experience was just taken away without even a proper warning. I’m sorry that I don’t read every forum post. They should send ingame mail for something like this. I could also do without the loot. It would just be nice to be a Gold instead of a Silver, showing the hard work I actually accomplished. Not playing everyday knowing that I was ripped off by the game’s own creators that don’t seem to care about player loyalty.

I’m done with this game if they don’t do something about the useless, pointless boosters I have sitting in my inventory waiting to be used to regain the same experience I had to begin with. I have 2 other close friends that would have bought the expansion with me, had I bought it. So that’s minus 3 HoT purchases. I hope Anet does well keeping thier current customers. And God forbid if they decide to make a new currency other than gold. Everyone will wake up to “Increased Anet Wampum From Kills” banners in their inventory one day without a single piece of copper in their wallet. Because that’s the logic I see used here.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

this didn’t affect me, but i understand your point.
im not really a high rank, only silver, but still i would be furius if all my stash was removed for boosters that probably wont help me at all.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: Hagar The Horrible.5603

Hagar The Horrible.5603

I have contacted Guild Wars 2 Support for this exact same problem.

I had a total of 882750 WXP stored at bank. The support can’t do anything against the Dev team decision.

The only way to get in touch with the Dev team is to post on this forum and hope they dare answer.

They are probably good coders but it seems they don’t care at all about players. Now I have over 9 stacks of useless and ridiculous boosters sitting at bank.

Yes, Dev team, stop hiding behind forums and take back your wonderful boosters and give me back all my WXP and rank chests.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Give me my WXP now and don’t make me go out and earn it again, especially when there is little to do before the short-time booster runs out. Even if the map is pretty busy, most of the boost time goes down the drain with the long runs to get anywhere on the new maps.

Even worse, it doesn’t look like the boosts stack in duration. This means that to get the full reward, you have to open one daily chest and save any others until the first boost wears off. If you open all the chests at once, you get less reward. That doesn’t seem to be a very friendly approach to giving out daily rewards.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Not that I disagree with the fact that liquid WxP was better than boosters, but why did you guys keep so much WxP in the bank, rather than using it to level up your rank when you got them?

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Not that I disagree with the fact that liquid WxP was better than boosters, but why did you guys keep so much WxP in the bank, rather than using it to level up your rank when you got them?

For some people the reason is pretty simple, in the original wvw seasons there was an achievement to get like 50 rank ups and not everyone got that in the tournament time frame, so they stash then now for when they’re needed.

Others, I have no idea they just like to hoard things.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

They did this many times from now, they are meddling in people’s items too much, you can’t be sure that your hard earned karma will completely disappear if you’re gonna take a longer break from the game, the only safe thing might be gold.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

I hoarded the wxp because I thought that new items might be available after the expansion (true) and I had all the WvW abilities unlocked, so I didn’t need that.

I used some of it after they announced the change the week of the update, but I kept most of it, and now I have so many 15min +50% wxp boosters and 20min +50% boosters that stack together, I’m happy I kept them. It will take some time, but I’ll make much more wxp using the boosters than I would from the drops of liquid wxp, AND I’ll gain hero points doing it, which I wouldn’t have done if I had used them all before.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

W-what? They just essentially just destroyed a huge amount of our earned WXP?

Wow they don’t even really care anymore. They just f* over their WvW playerbase without a care in the world.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/earning-hero-points-in-world-vs-world/

They announced this days in advance. As much of a bummer as it might be to some, it’s dishonest to claim that they swept the rug out from under you with no warning.

And if you expect a game company to send an in-game mail to every single character with all of potential changes in an upcoming game, your expectations are at fault.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

They announced this days in advance. As much of a bummer as it might be to some, it’s dishonest to claim that they swept the rug out from under you with no warning.

There are a lot of people who are only seasonal, or a-couple-days-a-month players, or those who have returned to the game with HoT after a long absence.
There is also a category of people who don’t follow the devblogs/pre-release notes at all.
Those two together dwarf the people who religiously keep up with them.

And if you expect a game company to send an in-game mail to every single character with all of potential changes in an upcoming game, your expectations are at fault.

This is a major invasive change. Imagine the PvEer outcry if a large chunk of their gold or XP or some other central form of progress was deleted from the game. You can say the situation isn’t the same because it wasn’t consumed yet, but that would be a bad point. It’s tiring to click on them after every single battle. Normal people just save a stack of them and then use them when there’s a reason to update your effective WXP count, like a change behind abilities (like they expected would precisely happen with HoT) or when there’s level gaining achievements like during tournaments.

All of this doesn’t change the fact that it was a bad change regardless of communication. This should never have happened. The old liquids should be smoothly grandfathered over. Idiotic.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a bummer to lose that XP. It also sounds like hoarding XP games the system a bit if you fast-track achievements during seasons with it, circumventing the nature/design of the achievement in the first place. If someone doesn’t play enough to earn an achievement, then they simply don’t get that achievement. Everyone isn’t entitled to everything in the game.

ANet could have handled this better. That much is true.

But if you’re hoarding 50 levels of WvW XP, I have the impression that those 50 levels don’t mean much to you. If you really, truly cared about those 50 levels, maybe you would have consumed the XP to get them before now. I’m at level 317 or so, and I clicked every single little bottle I saw in my inventory when it was in my inventory, just because I like gaining levels in things. I do the same with luck. And with the re-org, by the looks of it they severely reduced the amount of points needed for certain things, opening up much more flexibility in distributing points. My points are in several new places now. Why would you horde 50 levels when your points are being refunded anyway? That makes no sense.

If they increased the level cap, and turned tomes of knowledge into XP boosts in order to avoid people just instantly hitting the new level cap, I can imagine people might get upset. However, that games the system and detracts from the intent of a player working towards a new cap, so it’s really not a bad decision.

Willful ignorance of upcoming changes also isn’t an excuse, regardless of the fact that ANet could have handled this better.

And don’t tell me clicking on a box multiple times is “tiring”. Please. I won’t believe you actually think it’s an arduous task.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Liquid Xp

in WvW

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Okay i’m late but i’ve just discovered that all my WxP vials have been destroyed ?

I wasn’t aware that they were going to destroy them.
I haven’t thought one seconds that something like that was possible … it’s just … unbelivable. Removing those potions from loot tables, ok, but why destroy the ones sitting in player’s inventories ? I feel cheated (i’ve lost quite a few WvW levels in the process).

Liquid Xp

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a bummer to lose that XP. It also sounds like hoarding XP games the system a bit if you fast-track achievements during seasons with it, circumventing the nature/design of the achievement in the first place. If someone doesn’t play enough to earn an achievement, then they simply don’t get that achievement. Everyone isn’t entitled to everything in the game.

ANet could have handled this better. That much is true.

But if you’re hoarding 50 levels of WvW XP, I have the impression that those 50 levels don’t mean much to you. If you really, truly cared about those 50 levels, maybe you would have consumed the XP to get them before now. I’m at level 317 or so, and I clicked every single little bottle I saw in my inventory when it was in my inventory, just because I like gaining levels in things. I do the same with luck. And with the re-org, by the looks of it they severely reduced the amount of points needed for certain things, opening up much more flexibility in distributing points. My points are in several new places now. Why would you horde 50 levels when your points are being refunded anyway? That makes no sense.

If they increased the level cap, and turned tomes of knowledge into XP boosts in order to avoid people just instantly hitting the new level cap, I can imagine people might get upset. However, that games the system and detracts from the intent of a player working towards a new cap, so it’s really not a bad decision.

Willful ignorance of upcoming changes also isn’t an excuse, regardless of the fact that ANet could have handled this better.

And don’t tell me clicking on a box multiple times is “tiring”. Please. I won’t believe you actually think it’s an arduous task.

Im sorry but from your level alone ive put way more hours into WvW then you do. I played way more in WvW before they even came out with the point system for traits. Even so i have over 630 WvW points and many of the people i played with who kept playing WvW have over 1200 points. I currently am around 645 in WvW and its mostly cause i feel cheated.

My question becomes why cant we hoard them? People hold mats/accessorys/ pvp we held stuff to craft in the MF/ PvE plays the trading posts for money. Everyone always had something. Also i finished all the WvW Ap points for the event accept leveling, is there something wrong with me being prepared for the next time being ive alrady put in over 5000 hours into this game? Ive already accomplished many things in WvW and PvP and i started to finish up the PvE side of things and yet your saying its on us.

You had people power leveling masteries in PvE by doing cheap dungeons yet there was nothing for WvW, i have now finished all the reward tracks in PvP that came with the expansion and im simply repeating them. I dont make gold doing PvP and WvW and Anet decides to take away WvW boosts.

You can defend this all you want but i paid $100 for what? WvW was down graded and you took stuff away from the players. I got no new maps for PvP and limited reward tracks. These are the 2 areas i invested my time in and i feel cheated and play i will probably start to play the game less because there is really nothing left for me to do in there.

Liquid Xp

in WvW

kdaddy.5431

Okay i’m late but i’ve just discovered that all my WxP vials have been destroyed ?

I wasn’t aware that they were going to destroy them.
I haven’t thought one seconds that something like that was possible … it’s just … unbelivable. Removing those potions from loot tables, ok, but why destroy the ones sitting in player’s inventories ? I feel cheated (i’ve lost quite a few WvW levels in the process).

sorry that this has happened to ya