List of Upcoming WvW Polls

in WvW

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Next

Hey guys, below is a list of upcoming polls you are likely to see, in roughly the order you are likely to see them.

• World Linking Schedule – How often should we relink worlds?
  • Desert Borderlands – Should the map be removed indefinitely?
  • Repair Hammer – Do you want to be able to spend supply to repair siege?
  • Deployable Mortars – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Mortars?
  • Deployable Cannons – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Cannons?

Special Mention

• WvW Priorities – What do you want the WvW team to prioritize next?
    • We’ll run this poll after completing major milestones with whatever feature last won the Prioritization vote. So in this case: Scoring Improvements.

(edited by Tyler Bearce.3427)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

• Mixed Borderlands: No. Delete Desert.
  • World Linking: Every week if you want servers to keep their identities.
  • Deployable Mortars/Cannons: No. Have you learned nothing about people disliking arrow carts?
  • Repair Hammer: No. Same as above.
  • Priorities: At the core of it, specializations being OP is hurting the game tremendously, from decreasing diversity, to having core/F2P players be second class citizens (and considering low HoT sales, that’s a lot of players). Anet would never ever do this, but: Make all specializations available to everyone in WvW (and PvP).

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

• Mixed BL – If desert BL gets fixed (as in towers are made strategic again) amongst other changes, yeah it might be interesting
  • World linking schedule – 2 months maybe instead of 3
  • Mortars – No thanks, I want to kill people with my character not sit on siege spamming 123 for kills. Imagine 30 people spamming the skill 5 on mortar and just stunning a massive zerg and killing them. Nooooope.
  • Cannons – see above
  • Repair Hammer – Nope. It’s already strategic for people who are outnumbered to suicide onto siege to clear it, if we could repair it’d favor big blobs far too much (and I’m speaking as someone on BG)
FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Rednar.4690

Rednar.4690

The ‘Deployable Mortars’ sound like a lot of fun but this would render obsolete the famous ‘Counter Treb’, would trebuchets see an increase in their damage to walls as consequence of a change like this? I personally think it’d make sense since mortar would now opaque one of the trebuchet’s main uses, it would be good to know this information prior to voting.

~Red Kvothe~
Kaineng Server
Leader of The Doors of Stone [DS]

in WvW

Posted by: Endelon.1042

Endelon.1042

Are these all just going to be Yes/No polls?

Cause Yes/No can’t really address a complicated questions like Alpine and Desert maps together when, as I’m sure many will post in this thread, the Desert maps still need a lot of work even though they are pretty fun now with the changes that went in a month ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Crono.3486

Crono.3486

Mixed Borderlands – Return of desert borderland is the dream, alpine is good but feels to small and there are way to many cheesy treb spots from keeps.
World Linking Schedule – every 4th reset sounds like a good time table
Deployable Mortars – Sounds like they can be fun, but how would they differ from a treb or a catapult?
Deployable Cannons – Sounds like they can be fun, but how would they differ from a treb or a catapult?
Repair Hammer – YES!

in WvW

Posted by: Zulika Mi Nam.1092

Zulika Mi Nam.1092

Mixed Borderlands – Nope, put Desert borderlands in EoTM where it belongs
World Linking Schedule – Don’t care
Deployable Mortars – Don’t care
Deployable Cannons – Don’t care
Repair Hammer – Don’t care
WvW Priorities – Skill lag/server performance

(edited by Zulika Mi Nam.1092)

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

•Mixed Borderlands – Do you want a mix of Alpine/Desert Borderlands maps?
Desert BL is the hardest BL to defend so make it the home bl of the server which is liking to win. 2 alpine BL, 1 desert BL.

•World Linking Schedule – How often should we relink worlds?
Every month

•Deployable Mortars – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Mortars?
Able to remove siege from range. Hum it will make taking t3 objectives easier. It will probably help the winning server more than the losing one. So NO.

•Deployable Cannons – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Cannons?
Its a different type of AC. Hopefully it will not get the reduce siege damage. I do not see a problem with this so YES

•Repair Hammer – Do you want to be able to spend supply to repair siege?
YES. When you are removing siege from a objective they will have to choose between repair the wall or siege.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Mixed Borderlands – Do you want a mix of Alpine/Desert Borderlands maps?
-No I dont want the Desert Borderlands ever again.

World Linking Schedule – How often should we relink worlds?
-Its fun to get to know new people, what about 1 week / month.

Deployable Mortars – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Mortars?
-No
Deployable Cannons – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Cannons?
-No
Repair Hammer – Do you want to be able to spend supply to repair siege?
-Yes

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Mixed Borderlands – no

World Linking Schedule – Every 3 or 4 weeks

Deployable Mortars – no

Deployable Cannons – no

Repair Hammer – doesn’t matter

Special Mention

WvW Priorities – What do you want the WvW team to prioritize next?

— Server performance, skill lag

— Separate WvW skills from other game modes, as PvP is separated.

— Proper reporting options for hacking and exploiting.

— Bring the guild bankers back.

— Better loot drops

— Skill templates (I can dream, can’t I? )

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Mattsta.8694

Mattsta.8694

Semi-serious question: can one of the options on this poll be “Yes, and throwing down cannon build sites has character shouting ‘Unleash the Cannons’ in Mai Trin fashion”?

EDIT: Also, the thread as about the polls themselves, not your answers to them. You can answer and discuss your answer to them when the polls come out. Should be saying if you want a different order to these polls and if there is anything else you think should be polled (and if it needs to be polled before some of the items on the list).

(edited by Mattsta.8694)

in WvW

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

@Tyler: Do you want to have a discussion about each point or will this happen at a later stage?

in WvW

Posted by: velocity.4621

velocity.4621

No, please no, no…god…no….

Not sure…but if its for myself, i’d like having 5 tiers, with 3 server for each tier, 4 seems too few, more than 5 is too many, i dont know how you make it work by merging the server, and actually merging it, not linking.

We already have AC to hate….so no…

Same as above…

No…

Special Mention

We’ll run this poll after completing major milestones with whatever feature last won the Prioritization vote. So in this case: Scoring Improvements.

by order :
- Lag
- WvW scoring
- Build Templates
- Rewards / loot
- WvW Tournaments
- WvW legendary backpack perhaps? i mean, pve and pvp has one.

;)

Life will be easier if guardian have 25% passive movement speed.

Raavaholic | [MM] Metro Mini Transformers Founder & Leader | SEA |

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Please, NO more siege weapon buffs. I beg you. Siege is already powerful and abundant. And banners are effectively mobile siege. Don’t give players more tools to be gutless, boring and still win.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Good God enough with the kitten siege wars and gimmicks, please stop encouraging this garbage. Focus on the PvP aspect, not rewarding and incentivizing people to bunker up behind walls and never have to leave.

Before adding anymore siege, please address the current issues with siege mechanics, they are long overdue for changes. Ac’s and shield generators especially need to be changed regarding damage, radius’, target limits. And please change the siege cap to something that actually works, trying to attack something and watching a blob bunker up with 30 ac’s, being able to build one ac after another every 5 feet all over the structure is just bad design. It is not fun and it is not skillful play.

I am ok with a previous suggestion where the dbl would replace the red map so it would always be part of wvw and there would not be a rotation. This way those like me who don’t like the dbl can choose not to play on it, whereas if there was a quarterly rotation we would only have dbl to play on aside from eb.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

“All NO "

NO MORE Siege plz

Anet!!!!!!!!!!!

did you see 8 AC at wall ? it’s soo crazy…..
( CAN YOU NERF AC DAMGE ??? )

need more fight. no more siege…
if you make Siege War 2
wvw player will quit

Attachments:

winnie@BlackGate

(edited by Jerry CCH.9816)

in WvW

Posted by: moriz.5473

moriz.5473

mixed borderlands: yes, with red BL always being desert.
world relinking: every 2 months
everything else: no.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

*Mixed Borderlands: No. Alpine is there to stay I hope.
*World Linking: Every month.
*Deployable Mortars/Cannons: No. Siege weapons are boring and some people tend to to forget they actually got a character that can attack when not on a piece of siege…
*Repair Hammer: No. Enough siege in this game already.
*Priorities: Balance the classes. We were promised core spec would be as good as their elite counterpart, so far it is not achieved.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Hey guys, below is a list of upcoming polls you are likely to see, in roughly the order you are likely to see them.

• Mixed Borderlands – Do you want a mix of Alpine/Desert Borderlands maps?
  • World Linking Schedule – How often should we relink worlds?
  • Deployable Mortars – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Mortars?
  • Repair Hammer – Do you want to be able to spend supply to repair siege?

Mixed Borderlands a big YES
Linking Schedule – Monthly

Deployable siege – NO!!!!!!!!!!! and NO AGAIN!!!!!!!
Siege is too prevalent in open field anyway.

Repair Hammer YES!!!!!

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Rominion.4719

Rominion.4719

Mixed Borderlands – Do you want a mix of Alpine/Desert Borderlands maps? Fix desert, and keep it mixed.
World Linking Schedule – How often should we relink worlds? Weekly, lets rotate it in and keep it as fun as possible, keeping it at a weekly basis will stop low population server stacking. Also as well as linking perhaps do a general server squash in general. Would be nice to be playing wvw with bigger groups for once, the linking was great for about 5 days then it died again.
Deployable Mortars – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Mortars? No…
Deployable Cannons – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Cannons? No…
Repair Hammer – Do you want to be able to spend supply to repair siege? Yes

in WvW

Posted by: Brown Fang Thump.9482

Brown Fang Thump.9482

I’m looking forward to seeing each of these polls when they come online. I’ll answer them when they come out, naturally, once I receive my in-game notice that they exist.

Thanks a bunch for providing this informational tidbit to let us know what’s up your sleeves and what to expect. I’m liking this new direction with the WvW communicating clearly, promptly and proactively. Keep it up.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I don’t like the desert bl, but it deserves to be around at the same time with alpine for at least one map, either we get a rotation of maps every 3 months, or both around at the same time which should make most players happy.

Linking schedule? 6-8 weeks seems fair to me.

Deployable mortar or cannon? I think we have enough siege to carry around, it might even make balistas obsolete. I’m sure players will vote this down anyways.

Repair hammer could be interesting. But I like the siege counterplay currently in the game, some siege fights comes down to the last shot for something being destroyed before the countersiege is destroyed.

I wouldn’t want to see something like a zerg hiding behind a catapult all trying to repair it while it pops it’s bubble. So that would also be a no for me.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Itsjon.2869

Itsjon.2869

on the borderlands issue – how about making the Desert BL a neutral 5th map? Redo the north spawn area to make it equivalent to the other spawns and provide a place for queued people to go that actually matters. On the siege stuff – all no! We don’t need to encourage sitting on siege.

in WvW

Posted by: Blade Of Gandara.6738

Blade Of Gandara.6738

Mixed borderlands
yes sure! if it fixes server identity problem, 1 server gets alpine 1 server gets desert was that what you mean?

world link schedule
every WvW reset!!!

deploy mortars
no ty!! we have trebs already

deploy cannons
no ty!! we have ACs already

repair hammer
sure! now thats something new.. we never able to heal hp/repair any siege …

WvW priorities
need solution for server identity problem!!! give us our borderland and a server name!

Dark Jean
Athenian Knights [kYrO] Leader/Founder
Devona’s Rest Diamond Squire 8,055

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

Woohoo!! More polls thanx for listening anet. Complete 180 from a couple of months ago.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

why are people using this thread to answer the polls when its just a notification that the polls are coming? especially people saying “NO NO NO”, are you guys desperately trying to stop them from polling the community or something?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Blade Of Gandara.6738

Blade Of Gandara.6738

cause tyler ended up with a question mark every sentences and asking questions so we answer

Dark Jean
Athenian Knights [kYrO] Leader/Founder
Devona’s Rest Diamond Squire 8,055

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Mixed Borderlands — Yea. I must be one of the few people that didn’t mind dessert borderland. I actually preferred parts of that map over parts of alpine borderlands

Linking Schedule — Right now I don’t care. I want to wait until the scoring updates are implemented. If they go a long way to making matches more even then the re-linking schedule can be longer (~3-4 months), if the scoring updates don’t even out matches too much then make re-linking more often (~1 month) so low population/activity linked worlds aren’t stuck in a hopeless situation for more than a few weeks at a time

Deployable mortars/cannons — Yea.

Repair hammer — Yea.

Next Priorities — Not really a priority I guess, but it would be cool to see guards use defensive siege equipment when a zerg is attacking a fully upgraded structure. Could be just the castle and keeps, or it could be castle, keeps and towers. Of course players would still have to build the siege, but then guards could hop on and use them

And unrelated but why is the daily WvW sentry capture achievement only require you to kill 1 sentry when the Camp Capturer achievement requires you to capture 2 camps? Sentries are a joke, you really should need to capture at least the same amount of sentries as camps, if not 3 sentries for the achievement imo

in WvW

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

YES. I love the Desert, perhaps modify it though so the majority that dislikes it will like it.

Sure

Sure

Sure

Special Mention

A reward track with Stalwart armor.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

I am still voting on that reset time change poll. The only two good polls up there are mixed borderlands, repair hammer and relink schedule but still waiting for that reset time poll because current reset time is bad

in WvW

Posted by: Mechanix.9315

Mechanix.9315

No relink, just merge, stop the transfer bandwagons.

Jennny – Thief
[OP] Ninja Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Thank you for the heads up Tyler!

Looking forward to the first two ones (mixed borderlands, and linking schedule), hoping you guys give us some multiple options on those.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Hm… a poll may not let me answer all of these…

• Mixed Borderlands
    • I think there should be at least 3 borderlands (the edge of the mists with some extra islands and jump pads could be reworked as a great borderlands), and once there’s at least 3, worlds could be able to vote for the one they want for the next matches on regular intervals and before tournaments.
  • World Linking Schedule
    • Not before every match, but always before WvW Tournaments.
  • Deployable Mortars
    • This may seem yes/no. But I’d vote “yes, but the cost has to be high, and there may be limitations on where it can be placed”.
  • Deployable Cannons
    • Same as mortars.
  • Repair Hammer
    • For this one I would so something different. Rather than making repairing siege a default mechanic, or a 5th tick at the end of Repair Mastery or Build Mastery, I would give players a way to talk with an NPC to get a single unique ‘War Role’, only one at a time. Depending on the role picked at the base, they can do some extra things, and do some things better, and they get an effect icon only allies can see. The role will be visible only while in WvW, and reappear in the character when they return to WvW, and stick to the character until they talk with the NPC to remove it or change it or WvW skills get reset. There could be stuff like:
      • Tinkerer: You can now use Repair Hammers near siege and spend supply to repair siege. Requires maxed build mastery and repair mastery. Repair Hammers can be bought at the blueprints outfitter and the portable provisioner shop, and have a number of uses like salvage kits and gathering tools.
      • Bricklayer: Gain supply over time while inside controlled walled structures, and spend a bit less supply when repairing walls. Requires maxed repair mastery.
      • Handy : Spend a bit less supply when building offensive siege, except battering rams and catapults. Requires maxed build mastery.
      • Salvager: Chance to gain supply by damaging enemy siege and structures. Very small chance to receive the blueprints of enemy siege when destroying it. Requires maxed supply mastery and supply capacity.
      • Saboteur: Spend less supply when setting wvw traps. Requires maxed provisions master.
      • Doorbreaker: Take less damage when building and using battering rams and golems. Requires maxed ram and golem mastery.
      • Gatekeeper: Take less damage while repairing doors, and burning oil aoes created by your team heal you and/or grant you protection and/or fire aura. Requires maxed repair mastery and burning oil mastery.
      • Herder: While protecting a supply dolyak, they run faster when they are not being attacked. When they are attacked, you part of the damage the dolyak would take is shared with you. Requires maxed defense against guards.
      • Carrier: You can carry +50 supply and allies can interact with you to get part of that supply, but you can’t use supply yourself, and can only get supply at supply camps. Requires maxed supply mastery and supply capacity.
      • Trigonometer: Trebuchets and catapults are now ground targeted, but their attacks take slightly longer to recharge. Requires maxed trebuchet and catapults.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

• I think the biggest issue with " mixed Borderlands idea" is whether or not they care about the score. If there is no score, the DBL isn’t an issue, if there is a score, those players will leave the game the same as they did before since you just made their game mode unplayable again. For players who actually care about being able to have their entire team respond to calls made on every map, having them in game play at all means the score will be manipulated by their existences and it will be a determining factor as to who wins. Bringing it back in play at all, means those players will leave again as they did before defeating the purpose of attempting to end the DBL boycott in the first place.
    For those who do not care about the score, they could care less, but for those who do, you just added a mechanic that will determine who wins every week and it will anger players due to it bringing back the reasons it had to go in the first place. Will the same amount of players who will respond to defend the ABL defend the DBL? IF NO, then it cannot be in play. Will the sam amount of players build and refresh siege in the DBL as they do in the ABL? Will the same amount of players be willing to scout the DBL as they did the ABL? Those should be the primary factors determining whether or not you can have them in play at same time.
  • Merging is better than linking.
  • Siege vs player is bad, let it die.
[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Maybe do all these polls together, at one time. That way it’ll be easier to throw out the responses of the pve players who want more siege.

in WvW

Posted by: Gigiobalt.7625

Gigiobalt.7625

• Mixed Borderlands: NO please no. Delete Desert Maps.
  • World Linking: Every 2-3 months.
  • Deployable Mortars/Cannons: No. Please stop promoting siege usage.
  • Repair Hammer: No.
  • Priorities: Scoring > Population Issues > Once those two are in a good place, implement worth WvW unique rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: Woop S.7851

Woop S.7851

Thanks for the constant communication, it’s working great and appreciate it!

- Yes, if the 3 Factions (linking servers) system won’t cause overflow, or if server infrastructure allows it, you’d then have 9 maps working at once without much overflow during peak times (8 borders, 1 Eternal battleground fight map)

- No, if server architecture can’t handle it with latency/overflow issues

- For 9 maps (8 borders, 1 Eternal battleground fight map): Once every 2 weeks, players need more time to capture and fight on the map
- For 5 maps (current borders/EB with 3 Factions linked): Once every 1 week similar to now

Init function “handicap”:

-> If Faction 1 score doubled Faction 2’s score OR If Faction 1 score doubled Faction 3’s score
-> Return “yes” for Faction 2
-> Return “yes” for Faction 3

-> If Faction 1 score >= Faction 2’s score OR If Faction 1 score >= Faction 3’s score
-> Return “no” for Faction 2
-> Return “no” for Faction 3

-> etc.

Special Mention

- WvW gameplay UI/mechanics/commander tools that drives strategic tactics, team work, and non-toxic collaborative player behavior (see attached screenshots)

Zerg-blob playstyle -> currently supported by commander UI: YES currently supported by Mechanics: YES
Strategic playstyle -> currently supported by commander UI: NO currently supported by Mechanics: YES
Roaming playstyle -> currently supported by commander UI: NO currently supported by Mechanics: YES

Dreamers’ Notes related to above:
- Same sub-group in squad can’t tell who’s in the same sub-group while in zerg, all names are blue
- No sub-group (lieutenant) lead, when tag dies, everyone scatters
- New WvW players don’t know how to join squads (no UI)
- New WvW players don’t know why sub-groups/parties works best in 5’s
- Team builds are non-existent
- Shareable Build templates like in GW1 needed?
- TS (external program even though useful & sometimes toxic) has too many spies
- Commander tools needs enhancement

Hate it? Love it? Comments/feedbacks always welcomed!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Looking forward to them. I hope that Mixed Borderlands survives and I hope the harsh words about DBL are just that. I enjoyed it and for people to want it completely gone is kinda sad.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

@Woop S, I really like your Squad suggestions. These seem like they’d be immensely helpful. I’m not sure about Squad My Underpants though ;p

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Instead of deployable mortars/cannons how about making cannons and mortars decent again? Before they were kind of OK defensively when you put a condi geared character on them because attacks used to scale with the player’s condi stats.

Since that was changed the only thing useful about them is using the mortar/cannons to blow up enemy siege, they are worthless otherwise.

in WvW

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

If you do a poll, do one with multiple answers. Not just a single question, you’ll get ur answers alot faster. Also throw in a small area where people can throw a short comment. Because of the number of comments you will receive its best if you limit the comment to like 100 characters or something as it’ll narrow down what people want most.

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Mixed Borderlands – After you remove alot of the chokes please and bring the North towers to strategic spots and remove ALOT of the running. Remove the verticality of the map as it leads to ALOT of chokes.
World Linking Schedule – Every 4-5 weeks MAX please so that people don’t hop around.
Deployable Mortars – NOOOO… Less Siege Wars 2 please
Deployable Cannons – NOOOO… Less Siege Wars 2 please
Repair Hammer – NOOOO… Less Siege Wars 2 please
WvW Priorities – Skill lag/server performance. Lately have been rubber banding for brief seconds sometimes.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: xAtri.9378

xAtri.9378

Mixed Borderlands – Keep the Alpine Borderlands as is for now. The issues with the Desert Borderlands was they were too big so people defending a side keep couldn’t run to the other keep in time to respond to the attacks making it frustrating for people who want to defend objectives.

The verticality also didn’t help since auto running for a couple of seconds would cause death and essentially make you run back which was more than anything else just frustrating.

The lords at keeps (Air in particular) would lock down the zerg in the AoE ring which would give any opposing team to just instantly kill them if they fought in the lord’s room. The lords can be giant sponges but they shouldn’t give defenders an overwhelming advantage.

World Linking Schedule – It should be changed every 2-months (maybe 3) to make sure that “stacked servers” are re-paired. But due to how server transfers work (i.e. to get into a higher tier match up you pick a lower tier server) the re-pairing would put things into chaos and cause mass transfers / guilds to disband if the pairing happens too much.

Deployable Mortars – No.
Deployable Cannons – No.

Deployable seige would give defenders every advantage while giving attackers none what so ever.

Repair Hammer – Yes and No as it would definitely help smaller zergs take objectives easier, however it would make giant k-trains nigh unstoppable when it comes to taking down objectives as they can infinitely repair seige.

Special Mention
WvW Priorities – QoL stuff that was promised before, Removing placement of siege on 2nd floor of SM and being able to treb Towers.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

Mixed Borderlands – No, but monthly rotation would be fine, if DBL towers more strategic. In some ways I do prefer the DBL (post rework) than the current Alpine ones. I don’t know how you would mix them and keep the playing field level, they have such different qualities.

World Linking Schedule – A short enough time to discourage bandwagoning.

Deployable Mortars – Inside structures only? Maybe with special condition of outnumbered buff present? with limits on how many can be placed? .. but generally, no. It would be good to have control over where they were placed in the structure, so those massive aoe meteor showers were less effective.

Deployable Cannons – As above.

Repair Hammer – Yes, with condition of outnumbered present.

Special Mention
WvW Priorities – Really liked the squad functionality ideas posted above by Woop S.
Some investigation into blob lag would be helpful as a priority.

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

The problem with the Desert BL is that it is too large, too convoluted with verticality, and the objectives hold very little to no importance.

In the Alpine map, you can put a treb in a tower, and assault a keep, or a garrison. In the DBL….you can’t at all…anywhere, so the structures are just insignificant “capture points” and any strategic use they have is gone.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

No more siege. Cannons and mortars are strong enough already, they take forever to kill when buffed and deal significant damage. No repair hammers, whittling away at siege HP is already difficult enough.

Mixed borderlands is a great idea, though.

Hyade and his flamethrower

in WvW

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

There are 2-3 kind of people playing WvW.
Players who want to fight and pretty much dislike siege and the objectives their foes hide in.
Players who enjoy the massive siege zerg assault and defend.
Players who like some of both.

People who want to fight pretty just want battleground style fighting, even quantity of opposition engagements, no siege, no closed objectives for people to hide in. There is currently not anywhere for players to PvP with PvE/WvW equipment without having to fuss with siege, uneven fights, players fleeing into objectives, ect.
These players are going to constantly tell you to nerf siege, dont add more, make objectives easier to get into.

Players to who want siege battles are pretty much going to tell you a different story and keep telling you they want more customization of objectives until they get to the point of minecraft like tower construction, new varieties of siege equipment.

Both types of players will agree on a few things I feel:
Even matches, no one enjoys the land slide matches where one or two of the teams control everything and there is no hope of comback.
More players(except in tier 1), players want to play wvw when there are other players playing. Empty maps are not fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

The problem with the Desert BL is that it is too large, too convoluted with verticality, and the objectives hold very little to no importance.

In the Alpine map, you can put a treb in a tower, and assault a keep, or a garrison. In the DBL….you can’t at all…anywhere, so the structures are just insignificant “capture points” and any strategic use they have is gone.

Towers on DBL used to be important in that they help control and slow down where an enemy zerg can go. But people complained that barricades were too strong, so barricades were made weaker. Then people complained that barricades exists at all, so barricades were removed. Then people went back to complaining that towers were useless.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

There are already too much sieges. It kills fights. A few well placed sieges are ok, but facing against 25-30 is a joke what totaly kills the game

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Mixed Borderlands – Do you want a mix of Alpine/Desert Borderlands maps? Yes. 1 desert and 2 alpine makes sense (and I prefer desert)
•World Linking Schedule – How often should we relink worlds? every 2-4 weeks to prevent stacking on the host server.
•Deployable Mortars – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Mortars? No
•Deployable Cannons – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Cannons? No
•Repair Hammer – Do you want to be able to spend supply to repair siege? Yes

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB