Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

where did the thread go forum bug….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

List of Upcoming WvW Polls

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

• Mixed Borderlands – No mixed borderlands, please stick with Alpine.
  • World Linking Schedule – Monthly.
  • Deployable Mortars – No thanks.
  • Deployable Cannons – No thanks.
  • Repair Hammer – No thanks.
  • WvW Priorities – Please optimize the servers and reduce skill delay.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Looking forward to the upcoming polls. Thanks for all the communication, Anet! Am really enjoying the fact that you’re paying so much attention to wvw now!

And am glad the world linking was resoundingly approved and a permanent part of the game, now. Sadly, we’ll probably lose some players, but the majority wanted it(cheers!), so that is a good thing! Looking forward to you guys adjusting it and tweaking it some more.
Now we can move on to the other issues and features that you’re thinking of improving and adding to wvw.

Well done!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

On the mixed bl question, please give options of:
No, only Alpine
No, only Desert
Yes, 2 Alpine 1 desert
Yes, 2 desert 1 Alpine.

Personally, I’d choose “No, only Alpine.” I can’t stand desert bl.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Rienrodrys.2975

Rienrodrys.2975

Mixed Borderlands – YES mixed borderlands would be nice, deserts BL are great with tweaks and some fixes.

World Linking Schedule – Monthly.

Deployable Mortars – No pls

Deployable Cannons – No pls

Repair Hammer – Yes !

WvW Priorities – An option to reduce the visual effects in zerg a little more + an option to make your mouse arrow bigger , sometimes it’s very hard to see in zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Kings of Atval.6732

Kings of Atval.6732

Mixed Borderlands – Only If we got a third BL and Towers had strategic importance.
Towers should provide some kind of staging ground to attack keeps, like the Treb platforms on EBG.

World Linking Schedule – Quarterly tied with rewards for activity during the pairing.
Every time you reroll Server linking you are effectively performing a tier re-balance and wiping the standings. For the standings/tiers to hold any meaning, some sort of status needs to be placed on winning matchups while linked.

Deployable Mortars – Assuming that they would only go on walls of objectives you own and limited in number to the current tier, then yes.
Deployable Cannons – Assuming that they can only go on the wall’s outer edge of objectives you own and are limited in number to the current tier, then yes.
Allowing players to place limited defensive siege as they see fit would really mix up keep battles. Now that you own Hills, you can decide to move the north inner cannon to the west outer wall, or maybe move all cannons to inner walls so you can concentrate fire on a single point of entry.

Repair Hammer – Only if supply storage was halved on all objectives and supply would empty on waypoint use.
With supply so abundant on maps repairing siege would be a bit over powered even if it required a bundle only available at spawn. Maybe if it could siege couldn’t be repaired if disabled or in use. Even then repairing golems would cause problems.

in WvW

Posted by: Marseee.2938

Marseee.2938

• Mixed BL – If desert BL gets fixed (as in towers are made strategic again) amongst other changes, yeah it might be interesting. The best fights I’ve had are still on the Alpine BL though.
  • World LInking – Every 2 months
  • Deplayable cannons/mortars – No, no more siege
  • Repair hammer – No, would benefit large groups too much.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcageon.2074

Arcageon.2074

1: I think a mix would be a good compromise for those of us that put in the effort to really learn the desert borderland, loved having NEW CONTENT, roam, use movement skills, and enjoyed the unique aspect that each tower and keep brought versus those that blob and enjoy tiny boring maps. Also, the desert bl’s are way easier to defend than the alpine bl’s, contrary to what I’ve heard people say. In the alpine and EB, you can just run into a tower or keep or sm and treb the next objective over with the defending server not able to do anything but hope they can get a counter treb up (or 2 if the invaders have shield generators). At least the larger size of the desert bl’s makes it so that if the invaders are trebbing, you can hit them with your skills or other strategic siege. I’ve seen the keep lords in the desert bl’s wipe entire zergs if there are a couple good defenders while the alpine ones are completely useless and the only good one in EB is the SM lord, so rather than give the desert bl to the server that is favored to win, give it to the 2 that are not. In this way, you have EB and 1 alpine map, which are similar to each other in terms of content and zerg-favoring and 2 desert bl’s which still favor zergs, but also really give roamers and smaller groups more of a tactical advantage. And before you argue that it will take longer for the lower servers to take their desert bl’s at the start, not true. You would be the same person saying the desert bl’s are hard to defend, which means it is easier for you to take. You can assume the large zergs would hit the alpine bl and EB, so have smaller groups just focus desert. With server linking apparently staying, population participation shouldn’t be a problem. I bet barely anyone that is saying no completely to the desert bl’s never even stayed or tried to explore long enough to see all the really cool content in them such as how many routes you can use to confuse the enemy or the hidden quaggan village in the northwest training cats for that quaggan re-introduction to wvw update.
TLDR – YES
2: Every month I guess.
3 and 4: I think mortar might be interesting but brutal. Cannons would have to cost more or be less tanky because they are incredibly strong atm and with infinite coverage and possibly repairs if 5 goes through, impossible for even the most tactical smaller groups. I’d have to say no.
5: I agree with the people saying repairs would favor big blobs even more so than they already are with the tiny alpine bl’s back, so no.

6: Prioritize not making yes or no polls and letting those of us that play the game extensively to really give knowledgeable meaning to our answers.

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Alpine borderland is just a perfect map strategically, for small, solo and big teams, the desert one is just a labyrinthine chaos. The rest of the questions, whatever is done, I will adapt.

in WvW

Posted by: erwerman.4710

erwerman.4710

All points are great and the first one has some promise. The new fixed desert borderlands were great and there are many players wanting them back in rotation. Please don’t listen to people here whos only job is to throw hate on desert borderlands. Many wvw players (over 50%) on desolation liked the new and improved desert borderlands and feels the alpine being too simplistic (which is good in its own right ofc).

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Mixed maps: as soon as an overhauled DBL is accepted by the players we can mix both maps

Relinking schedule: If you see drastic shifts in WvW populations you should react within a week or two. If all (linked) worlds are so close in Glicko that they can meet each other in matchups, then there is no need for relinking. In times between you should relink each month.

Deployable mortars and cannons: If restricted to towers and keeps, it would be great. Finally weapons that you can place at locations where they are useful and more protected! You should add more platforms inside towers and keeps where you can place these weapons. Maybe you could provide upgrades for cannons and mortars like a shield the has to be destroyed before the operator gets harmed or breakbars for the operator.

Repair hammer: If restricted to mortars , cannons and hot oil, it would be great! I do not understand, why you have to wait for 2 or 3 minutes before you can rebuild that kind of weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

If “mixed borderlands” means that there will be no matchups with only desert ever again, I am all for it. I can at least go the borderland which is alpine then.

I am extremely happy with our current world link partner, it works out brilliantly, so from that point I would vote for “never again” for a relink schedule. But if it has to be, I would be happy with “once every 3 months is sufficient”, because otherwise the coordination and getting to know each other becomes more complicated. I think having a different link each matchup destroys server pride quicker than everything else because you lose any type of identification at all if you constantly keep fighting with players you have fought against last week. Additionally, please consider that the environment is different in EU where you have loads of “national” servers and you cannot simply mixup any combination of servers.

On the siege topics, in contrast to almost everybody else I think that it is the siege which makes WvW special. The best fights I can recall became special because of siege and/or keep lords. So I don’t see where this is a problem. Having said that, I still think that mortars and cannons should remain static, as there is already enough deplyoable siege types around. I would love however to see siege being reapairable.

in WvW

Posted by: Amaranth.2517

Amaranth.2517

Look at the more important things atm:

Bugs:
1) Sometimes character gets stuck after evade/dodge, especially if he gets CCed (usually knockbacked) at the beginning/during dodge/evade. Skills to watch: dodge, Burning Retreat, Riposting Shadows, Surge of the Mists etc. Sometimes you need to press movement button again, sometimes you have to write /dance to unstuck.
2) Earthshaker/Phase Smash doesn’t hit ground if you stand on different terrain level than target area. It should hit.
3) Revenant ground skills does not have proper area marker. Hammer 2 should have the same animation as Fire Keep Lord’s hammer attack in Desert Borderland. Same goes for Mace 2 and Axe 5. There should not be ground skills in the game that does not have area marker on the ground.
Hammer 1 is also half transparent skill which makes it very hard to see. The same problem is with necro staff 1, but necro’s attack at least low damage and slow projectile that can be sidestepped. Rev can do up to 7k with Hammer 1 with passive busts from traits and animation of this skill should be obvisious.
4) In Alphine Borderland you can build invulnurable trebs/catas near defenders spawn and treb NE/NW towers and garry, this should be fixed.

Suggestions to WvW:
1) Don’t return Desert Borderland until you completely rework it.
2) Remove as many as possible chokes from open field in Alphine Borderlands: near SE and SW camps, bridge near hills, bridge near SE tower, choke near Henry (wurm), if it is possible redesign zigzags near NW and NE towers, etc.
3) Redesign bay outer so defenders can have a chance once attackers break into inner. Atm if attackers breach outer they can build trebs on outer wall and treb every siege inside, which makes inner defence pointless.
4) Redesign scoring system so it will benefit players for winning fight inside and outside objective, and punish for capping undefended or not defending upgraded objectives (in other words, for running away from fights).
5) Don’t involve PvE into WvW anymore. WvW Upgrades, Improvements and Tactics should not be farmed in PvE to be used in WvW. Never cross these game modes again, please. Make +5 Aura more accessible for new/small guilds. Give WvW players access to PvE only food and runes/sigil from HoT maps.
6) Start a new tournament with good rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Deployable mortars could be a very nice addition and while a lot of players instantly react with the “no moar siege warfare, we need moar pvp!” they might not consider the actual role such a siege weapon would fill.

One of the most annoying things in wvw is the arrow cart spam. With long range, big aoe and lots of damage with only a few skills (like meteor shower) exposing them to harm its no wonder a lot of servers have towers and keeps with row upon row with arrow carts. The idea behind a deployable mortar should be that it counters otherwise impossible to hit siege like arrow carts and trebs on gates. The counter in turn to these mortars should be ballistas/cannons or shield generators or to send parties out to raid these exposed siege weapons. The end result would hopefully be to encourage MORE fighting and less hiding behind siege because just draining 1100 supply on arrow carts might not cut it anymore. And about the winning server thing, guess which server keeps a tier 3 border filled to the brim with AC spam?

For this feature to be implemented properly it would probably need to exhibit the following properties:

-Charge and direction mechanic like the current mortar.
-Shorter range than static mortar but longer than arrow cart range.
-No knockback or other CC on hit, possibly it could stun people struck while operating siege, but the focus should be on countering the siege itself.
-Slow fire rate, it should be a weapon of attrition.
-Low damage vs players, higher damage vs siege.
-Supply should probably be somewhere around 50 supply, cheaper than a trebb, but costlier than a ballista.
-If there could be a limit on how close these could be built to each other as to not encourage mortarclusters that would be nice as well.
-And most importantly the hallmark feature of this siege should be a ridiculous arc. This is why this siege fills a purpose, it should be designed to hit almost vertically, wearing down clever siege and forcing a response from the defenders.
-Low hp. The siege should be quickly brought down if attacked by actual players, encouraging offensive pushes.
-Possibly a resistance to other siege weaponry other than ballistas and cannons.

The mastery skill could be a pulse shot that reveals all siege in 1500 radius of the shot, showing icons similar to the new commander markers (with icons showing the type of siege) on the map and on the screen through walls and everything. Possibly it could apply the sentry mark but thats not relevant to its primary function.

I do not see the same need for deployable cannons, the only thing i could see happening is to further invalidate ballistas.

in WvW

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Hey guys, below is a list of upcoming polls you are likely to see, in roughly the order you are likely to see them.

• Mixed Borderlands – Do you want a mix of Alpine/Desert Borderlands maps?
  • World Linking Schedule – How often should we relink worlds?
  • Deployable Mortars – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Mortars?
  • Deployable Cannons – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Cannons?
  • Repair Hammer – Do you want to be able to spend supply to repair siege?

Special Mention

• WvW Priorities – What do you want the WvW team to prioritize next?
    • We’ll run this poll after completing major milestones with whatever feature last won the Prioritization vote. So in this case: Scoring Improvements.

Yes mixed sounds great. Better yet run 3 and 3 increase the total number of people in wvw before everything becomes queued.

Relink after 4 weeks. Each partner gets 2 of those weeks as the primary named on all the maps and claiming

Deployable mortars and cannons. I want them unique. Essentially a way to pick up the build site from the walls were they normally live and be able to redeploy them at a new space along the wall. Even if it’s a short tether from its original location being able to move it so it’s not hitting the wall and we cab get a better angle on the invades would be nice. But no to just having them regular page anywhere seige. Maybe even blueprints you can use to respawn a destroyed cannon or mortar site on the wall without having to wait for the time to pop then back up.

Repairing seige I would say make it an upgrade that the workers come back and will use supply in the objective to repair seige they can reach within the walls. Slowly . They would repair the seige and maybe even build cannons and mortars for you

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in WvW

Posted by: Shonex.5327

Shonex.5327

• Mixed Borderlands – No please, just keep Alpine and delete Desert Borderlands, alternative: Keep same layout of Alpine and just “recolor it” into Desert (or whatever theme, tropical would be my fav)
  • World Linking Schedule – 3 Months sounds good (as it is)
  • Deployable Mortars – I don’t think this should be a thing, we’ll see a lot more siege wars with this and that isn’t something I’d do
  • Deployable Cannons – Same as above
  • Repair Hammer – If it doesn’t involve spending golds and making repair slower, then sure, if we need to spend golds and repairs are slower then no
  • WvW Priorities – Priority should be to stop separating HoT and Non-HoT people, the latest thing that was added under WvW skills (auto-loot) is super unfair towards people who played from beginning that don’t have HoT yet, another thing that someone else said that I would agree with is: “Make all specializations available to everyone in WvW”
Member of: Cute But Devilish Inside [CUTE]
Ring of Fire [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

Hey guys, below is a list of upcoming polls you are likely to see, in roughly the order you are likely to see them.

Special Mention

• We’ll run this poll after completing major milestones with whatever feature last won the Prioritization vote. So in this case: Scoring Improvements.

Mixed borderlands – Yes I want mixed broderlands, dbl is superior to this depressing alpine.

World linking schedule – Not often, every 2- 3 months.

Deployable mortars – Yes, that sounds fun im all for fun

Deployable cannons – Yes, that sounds fun im all for fun

Repair – Yeah, that would help peep defending objectives

Priorities – Focus on bringin dbl back as soon as possible. Everything else can hold.

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

in WvW

TallBarr.2184

• Mixed Borderlands – No please, just keep Alpine and delete Desert Borderlands, alternative: Keep same layout of Alpine and just “recolor it” into Desert (or whatever theme, tropical would be my fav)
  • World Linking Schedule – 3 Months sounds good (as it is)
  • Deployable Mortars – I don’t think this should be a thing, we’ll see a lot more siege wars with this and that isn’t something I’d do
  • Deployable Cannons – Same as above
  • Repair Hammer – If it doesn’t involve spending golds and making repair slower, then sure, if we need to spend golds and repairs are slower then no
  • WvW Priorities – Priority should be to stop separating HoT and Non-HoT people, the latest thing that was added under WvW skills (auto-loot) is super unfair towards people who played from beginning that don’t have HoT yet, another thing that someone else said that I would agree with is: “Make all specializations available to everyone in WvW”

“(auto-loot) is super unfair towards people who played from beginning that don’t have HoT yet”

Are you kidding me? no, thats not gonna happen, go buy hot.

“Make all specializations available to everyone in WvW”

wtf?

in WvW

Posted by: tony.9425

tony.9425

Yea too cheap to pay an expansion but demanding expansion features is rly requiering some gutts…..

One expansion in 3years to get some fresh money in – many many new zones and features in the expansion + class + raids and such…. dont be so cheap guys… go make /age and check how many hours you’ve spent in the game so far and ask yourself if those few bucks arent worth supporting the game you play…. in all honesty.

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

We already have deployable mortars in the form of the charr motorbike-tank. The problem is that it needs an upgraded camp to use them and camps flip too quickly. We need to add that to tower tactivators instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Goreshit.6293

Goreshit.6293

Mixed Borderlands – No the alpine is perfect!

World Linking Schedule – Monthly

Deployable Mortars – Seems to be fun but the Hardcore-Wvw-Player would dislike this

Deployable Cannons – Seems to be fun but the Hardcore-Wvw-Player would dislike this

Repair Hammer – Support trolls in Zergs

Instead of creating new Sieges I have an idea like to build towers which can be entered by players for better attacking players inside a tower with their own skills. The buildable tower should be moveable and have space for 20 players.

in WvW

Posted by: The Ventari Ele.5812

The Ventari Ele.5812

Mixed Borderlands – As some people like the Deserted BLs, yes; thought I prefer scrapping DBL for a new WvW map

World Linking Schedule – No, linking servers has meant they’ve lost their identity.

Deployable Mortars – Hell no!

Deployable Cannons – Again Hell no! But please fix the ones on towers. What is the point of a canon if whoever is using it can only take a couple of shots before the enemy zerg lands a thousand AoE skills on it?!
Canons need to be higher so only staff skill one can hit it

Repair Hammer – Depends how it’s done. Dont want spies with multiple accounts attacking a canon on one account whilst repairing on another.

We’ll release SAB, everybody loves SAB they wont notice the lack of other updates!

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

After playing the old Alpine Borders again and seeing how wvw homeborder coming back to life again and old players coming back due to it, i would strongly say no to mix them.
If a mix will be set in place anyway, then please do not make them drag out for weeks. Make them change every week.

Well tbh i only see issues about this in NA and only in tier 1 were Black Gate should not even been linked in the first place because of them already being heavy populated and compared to any of the other 2 servers they face it simply is ridiculous that they have this advantage and tier 1 in NA suddenly feels very boring to play. A easy soloution to it would be to link 2 servers with the most underpopulated highest server (weird sentence but i think you get the picture)
In EU how ever i don’t see the same issues at all. So changing links there to match servers that gets bandwagoned is probably a lot more easy.

Hell no, that would be totally op to a point were it would get stupid. How ever there are some mortars that are stupidly placed and not useful to defend the keep/tower with and those could be placed better. Also some that are very useful, gets instantly burned down when bigger groups approach them, so those could also be placed better.

Same answer, way to op to a point were it will get stupid.

This how ever is something that i been thinking of since i joined this game over 4 years ago. Like why are there no repair options on already damaged siege. This is something i would approve of and feel it is useful.

Special Mention

Night cap is a huge issue in EU. Several of the servers are in their tiers ONLY because of this. This is hopefully what you are working on now since that won the last pull, so after that i would say the most important thing would be to start separate wvw/pvp from PvE and fix the skills on classes that are stupidly op like Revenants hammer 2 or conditions that are overall are so op that it is ridiculous.

Another thing that have come back to haunt us again, are the constant stuck problems. It seem to be caused by a lot of things and happens several times a day now. Don’t know how many times i hear the com calling out he is stuck. At this point i can even feel it is being abused by small parties.

Add to this all the glitches that are being heavy abuses in wvw right now and nothing done about it. Like glitching in to SM, Hills, using waypoint in to Bay even though you are the enemie. Right now bay is constantly being taken by people using glitches and it is quite anoying .

in WvW

Posted by: scarreras.5781

scarreras.5781

Mixed Borderlands – Do you want a mix of Alpine/Desert Borderlands maps?
- Sure, but you need to fix NE and NW tower to be strategic again.

World Linking Schedule – How often should we relink worlds?
- Every month

Deployable Mortars – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Mortars?
- No way, leave it like now

Deployable Cannons – Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Cannons?

Repair Hammer – Do you want to be able to spend supply to repair siege?

BTW, you need to fix the upgrade of the keeps and towers. No more automatic upgrade.

in WvW

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

• Mixed Borderlands – Maybe, but I’d prefer to see reworked DBL/ABL. World linking was awesome with DBL, but with ABL it’s really a zergfest. Maybe make 3 BL, each for a server?
  • World Linking Schedule – Each quarter seems ok, enough to build a strategy but not too long either.
  • Deployable Mortars – No, no, no.
  • Deployable Cannons – Again, triple nope.
  • Repair Hammer – Nope. Zergfest will still have the advantage: while defending, destroying siege weapons is a priority. If we’re facing a zerg, defense will become useless as their siege might become indestructible.
Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

- Mixed Borderlands – no thank you. DBL needs further tweaks (position of towers, shrine buffs, lords).

- World Linking Schedule – 3 month is too long. Linked servers need to be locked at least half into the scheduled time.

- Deployable Mortars – no thank you.

- Deployable Cannos – no thank you.

- Repair Hammer – no thank you.

in WvW

TallBarr.2184

- Mixed Borderlands – no thank you. DBL needs further tweaks (position of towers, shrine buffs, lords).

- World Linking Schedule – 3 month is too long. Linked servers need to be locked at least half into the scheduled time.

Position of lords and shrines?

But you are fine with invurnerable trebs pressuring north towers in alpine from keep making them irrelevant?

Locked worlds less than 3 months “looks at signature” Piken oh nvm.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Mixed bl’s = yes, red/lowest server gets desert (easier to defend)
Repair hammer = the defender in me went squeeeeeee when I saw this suggestion. The player in me realizes this will be abused. It’s a cool idea, I know it’s been thrown around here on the forums a number of times, but when you stop and think about how it can be exploited, the ultimate decision is nay (sadly).

World linking = only to thwart the bandwagoners and make them exhausted about server hopping until they finally yell uncle and settle in one spot.

The rest, as others mentioned, not interested.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Special Mention

1. Do you want a mix of Alpine/Desert Borderlands maps? Keep Alpine as the only borderland or you lose players. Remake Desert BL into a pve map.

2. How often should we relink worlds? 2-3 months

3. Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Mortars? No

4. Do you want to be able to buy and deploy Cannons? No (way too overpowered)

5. Do you want to be able to spend supply to repair siege? Yes/no, but I see this problematic, because the side who is already winning might be winning even easier, making comebacks more difficult

6. What do you want the WvW team to prioritize next?
- tone down the power creep, especially the elite specifications
- better rewards (still way behind pve rewards, too few reward tracks and they still progress slower than in WvWvW, way too few ways to get ascended items, not enough meaningful ways to spend wvwvw related currencies, level 75 consumables and exotic gear just doesn’t cut it, we need ascended backpiece, weapon, armor, crafting materials)
- remove ruins of power from the Alpine border and work it into something else
lake + big island with a keep would be great!
- reduce lag and bugs

Thank you!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

On the mixed bl question, please give options of:
No, only Alpine
No, only Desert
Yes, 2 Alpine 1 desert
Yes, 2 desert 1 Alpine.

Personally, I’d choose “No, only Alpine.” I can’t stand desert bl.

I actually found once they changed the home bl wp issue on DBL, and nuked the Oasis event, it wasn’t so bad. The placement of the towers makes them less strategic and less “mobile” but for the lowest ranked server in a tier, it could be deemed a benefit to defense and give the lowest ranked server a tiny advantage.

I agree with your breakdown.

I’d pick 2 alpine, 1 desert.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Are you actually asking if we want more siege? Focus on fixing immobilize mid-air bug, skill lag, stuck bug instead of adding this lame kitten content that only hurts the game mode.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Aezyr.5304

But you are fine with invurnerable trebs pressuring north towers in alpine from keep making them irrelevant?

You think it is healthy that via linking we have now a even more cheap way to stack on a specific server? The bandwagoners we got a cupple month ago are now on Vabbi and Deso (your server I assume) got influx from SFR too (again via Vabbi). This bandwagon train will choo choo again when the links getting shuffled.

Lords: Don’t have a problem with the position of those lords but their “special” abilities. We have realy good fights in keeps/garri now again but on DBL the attacking team is on a disadvantage.

Towers: That goes both ways. You can preassure garrision from those towers too. If you were talking about trebs in invulnerable positions in citadel then I agree those need to get removed. It’s imho an exploit.

Your sig: EotM much?

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

A big no-no to repair hammer.

in WvW

Posted by: floude.5291

floude.5291

Mixed Borderlands – Please no, Alpine Borderlands are the best.
World Linking Schedule – Once a week
Deployable Mortars – Dunno
Deployable Cannons –Dunno
Repair Hammer – Yes please.

in WvW

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

• Mixed Borderlands – yes, the overhauled dbl was okay
  • World Linking Schedule – once a month
  • Deployable Mortars – no, less siege more fights
  • Deployable Cannons – ^
  • Repair Hammer – ^

in WvW

TallBarr.2184

You think it is healthy that via linking we have now a even more cheap way to stack on a specific server? The bandwagoners we got a cupple month ago are now on Vabbi and Deso (your server I assume) got influx from SFR too (again via Vabbi). This bandwagon train will choo choo again when the links getting shuffled.

Lords: Don’t have a problem with the position of those lords but their “special” abilities. We have realy good fights in keeps/garri now again but on DBL the attacking team is on a disadvantage.

Towers: That goes both ways. You can preassure garrision from those towers too. If you were talking about trebs in invulnerable positions in citadel then I agree those need to get removed. It’s imho an exploit.

People always kitten about stacking servers when they are on the other side of the coin. Would you be kittening if u were stacked and linked and deso werent? I doubt so.

You do realise there are administrive work for servers to organise right? Deso was outnumbered before the linking, people got back and some transfered to vabbi. But at that time deso needed linkign yes, Piken and SFR were the biggets bandwagon servers and were steamrollign veerything, Deso was at a 7th place. Yes, they shouldve closed Vabbi or done something to prevent people from transferring there so cheap, but they didnt.

If people didnt transfer vabbi Piken and SFR would still be steamrolling.

Donno, I like myself some challenge and the annoying lords are, 1111 a lord is not very fun. Atleast the dbl lords got annoying cc fields and whatnot.

People used to pressure keep from towers yes, but since Alpine I havent participated in a single “treb from tower pressuring garri” moment but that doesnt mean people dont do it, But I think the arguement is pretty kitten, people just use catapults at wall anyway. People seem to focus on dbl north towers placement but dont kitten about the trebs at spawn.

I had a very pleasant time in eotm in the good ol days. That map outlay is much more better than alpine and argueably desert aswell, but dbl is still bae.

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Special Mention

Dont mix borderlands until there is a third map. Rotate them every 3 months.
Relink every 8 weeks.
Not on alpine, maybe on desert
Not on alpine, maybe on desert
I think the ability to repair Siege will unbalance Trebuchets

I want desert borderlands mechanics related achievements when desert borderland returns. They don’t necessarily have to be Grindy but WvW should have gotten some new achievements when HOT launched.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

omg, roflmao… UPCOMING POLLS…. I already see the only one that I really cared about a lot and that was relinking. I see it’s here to stay. pfft… Not many people that I know really want to bounce from host to host as a bunch of pugs (but of course we are the minority by virtue of our server numbers in the lower tiers). Seriously this gives us zero home at all. Just a place where we can go and fight with different people… read EoTM.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Don’t even waste our time with these polls, no one wants deployable mortars or cannons… we have been telling you for years we do not want more siege.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

hey I want to climb up on the sw camp supply shack and deploy cannons up there and camp the camp.. woot!

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil.9230

Anvil.9230

Once more I’ m curious to discover results

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I do hope people realize that voting for Mixed BL’s is ALSO voting for those who came back for Alpine maps to leave the game again and to downsize the game population. The difference is the people who want to have DBL in play will not leave the game over it, since it does not make the game unplayable to them vs those who see the DBL as unplayable and left once already and will do so again.

The actual vote in regards o the DBL is :

• Have players that just returned leave the game again.
  • Keep those players in the game by making new maps designed from the ground up for WvW this time instead.

Players will still leave since it makes the game unplayable if the same amount of people will not scout, refresh siege and defend the DBL’s and they would the ABL’s. They will still leave because having them in play at all results in the game mode being unplayable for those who do that stuff.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Steven.7534

Steven.7534

I understand A-net are working really hard on WvW and the Polls are great ways to get the WvW Community’s input into the game. however, one of the questions that should be put to the community is…should WvW be considered END-game ( level 80)
As it stands, yes, a person can level a character to 60 and join in WVW and be a “up-level” in WVW, however they DO NOT have full armor rating, don’t put out full DPS as a level 80,they don’t have the full skills and abilities that a level 80 has, and seeing that WVW is a GROUP event, they are basically the “rally bots” is zergs. Level 80’s in the group are “carrying” them. So, Please ask the COMMUNITY if they want up-levels in WVW.

If you want to live in my world you have to turn off your speakers…

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil.9230

Anvil.9230

I understand what you mean…but remember that in such a game, massive PvP is not END-game content but one of the theme proposed as an activity to the players.
Low level players are part of that activity: up to us to guide and help them.

Finally the real end-game content closed to newbies is high level PvE (fractal 80-100, raid…)

(edited by Anvil.9230)

in WvW

Aezyr.5304

People always kitten about stacking servers when they are on the other side of the coin. Would you be kittening if u were stacked and linked and deso werent? I doubt so.

You do realise there are administrive work for servers to organise right? Deso was outnumbered before the linking, people got back and some transfered to vabbi. But at that time deso needed linkign yes, Piken and SFR were the biggets bandwagon servers and were steamrollign veerything, Deso was at a 7th place. Yes, they shouldve closed Vabbi or done something to prevent people from transferring there so cheap, but they didnt.

If people didnt transfer vabbi Piken and SFR would still be steamrolling.

Donno, I like myself some challenge and the annoying lords are, 1111 a lord is not very fun. Atleast the dbl lords got annoying cc fields and whatnot.

People used to pressure keep from towers yes, but since Alpine I havent participated in a single “treb from tower pressuring garri” moment but that doesnt mean people dont do it, But I think the arguement is pretty kitten, people just use catapults at wall anyway. People seem to focus on dbl north towers placement but dont kitten about the trebs at spawn.

I had a very pleasant time in eotm in the good ol days. That map outlay is much more better than alpine and argueably desert aswell, but dbl is still bae.

Before this is getting into a gw2wvw.net MU-thread….we are kinda happy that the bandwagon choo choo train buggered off towards somewhere else. However they will return and that is something that needs to be fixed before the next linking.
Our server is already preparing (and debating) api bot registration for our ts. So yes, we will come into the same situation like you are now.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I understand A-net are working really hard on WvW and the Polls are great ways to get the WvW Community’s input into the game. however, one of the questions that should be put to the community is…should WvW be considered END-game ( level 80)
As it stands, yes, a person can level a character to 60 and join in WVW and be a “up-level” in WVW, however they DO NOT have full armor rating, don’t put out full DPS as a level 80,they don’t have the full skills and abilities that a level 80 has, and seeing that WVW is a GROUP event, they are basically the “rally bots” is zergs. Level 80’s in the group are “carrying” them. So, Please ask the COMMUNITY if they want up-levels in WVW.

Of course when I was an " uplevel" everyone was an uplevel, but I solely leveled my first characters in WvW. Truth is, if there were not map limits as there are, people could care less that players are on an uplevel, but due to limited numbers to fight with every person counts that takes a place in the queue. Though these days you get so many tombs fo knowledge, no one is an uplevel very long so it isn’t as much of a deal now as it used to be.

I dont see it as a big of a problem now since they have made it so easy to level they are not an uplevel long to begin with. More people seem to care what class and build you are using than whether or not you are on a n uplevel these days. You can have a lvl 80 that dies much more than an uplevel if they don’t know how to play their class or are refusing to change their build . Truth is, it is better to be welcoming to the new players in the community and help show them around rather than rant about them learning to play.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Why not a “deployable portal” of some sorts. Could help with the QQ about running back and such which was a bigger issue on Desert BL’s but could help everywhere. Would probably be hard to implement as to make it fair and not exploitable.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

- Yes, once a month should be reasonable to keep things interesting and not repetitive and boring.
    - Every other month? Dealing with TS permissions is not a fun thing but the same people all the time is not either.
    - If you mean to have them as blueprints… I guess… it reads like they are instant deploy. But really, folks only use cata’s and rams in the real borderlands… and cheese with trebs in ebg so, ultimately, pointless.
    - see above.
    - Yes… I have often wanted to repair siege and am disappointed when I cannot.

Special Mention

- I agree with involving more strategy and less blob fights. Perhaps we can add a ton of scaling to guards and things to better favour a lot of groups over large hoards (and making use of sub groups, lieutenants, and the markers). Blob-smashing is stupid and makes me want to find something better to do with my time.
    Additionally, get rid of queues or at least raise map caps… I do not want to wait an hour to play WvW with my guild because dinner ran over ten minutes. By then it is almost bedtime and I hardly get to enjoy time with them.
    After that… skill balance… and separate out PvP/WvW/PvE already… you know it is harder to balance for all three than one at a time. Would allow for less power creep and hopefully, like PvP, less bunker players, which is just frustrating. I want to see a variety of builds and classes be viable (see: more than half).
Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

That’s kind of the point, no? The attacking team should be at a disadvantage when trying to take a tower or keep. The whole point of having an upgraded tower/keep is that as defenders you don’t need a zerg the size of the attacking force or larger to successfully defend. You should be able to defend with a smaller force if your players are any good.

In this thread the only real complaints I have seen against DBL is that it actually forces people to play differently. It doesn’t let you hide your trebs in a keep and attack other towers safely or vice versa, its less conducive to giant zergs (which not all WvW players enjoy) and its harder to just faceroll a Lord to take a structure. Its just complaints from people that don’t want to have to adjust their style of play.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I’m all for mixing the bls that way we are not stuck with the same maps when you rotate them. People don’t realize that they were always supposed to rotate the bls. I’d rather them not rotate them and have a mix of both with desert being red. You all can vote no for mixing bls but then you will be stuck with a certain bl until the next rotation. I liked the changes made to the dbl but only had 2 weeks or so to play them before alpine came back. With a little more work they could even be better.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel