Living World is killing mid-low tier WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Here on “mid tier server”, we go through a great and tragic WvW cycle.

1) New and exciting Living Story Content is released by ANet. All of the WvW zergs become PvE zergs and run around blobbing world champions and legendary mobs in PvE because the rewards are unmeasurably more valuable. If all that the Living Story is going to do is have people run around in zergs, killing champions, why can’t it take place in WvW? Or if it can’t take place in WvW, why can’t the same kind of zerging with more coordination and skill be rewarded even half as lucratively.

2) Buzz of the Living Story dies down, people return to WvW. However, every week people who are tired of the inconsistent numbers transfer off the server, or even worse go play a different game. People get hyped, talk about how to improve our situation, improve the server, and have more fun, and then…

3) See step 1.

I could have gone with a longer more elaborate version. Perhaps it’s just a server issue, but I would guess that I’m not the only WvW player upset by the inconsistency of players. Again, maybe it’s just me, I have a longer stomach for instability than most, but I’d really like to see some concrete changes to WvW that will KEEP people here throughout the week or lessen the turnover.

I’ve seen Devon come on and say they want to build a game that encourages people to play all parts of the game, but while WvW focused players are often tempted to play in PvE, what reason is there really for PvE focused players to come into WvW other than to do jumping puzzles for their gift of battle? Perhaps they don’t even have to anymore, they’ll just buy the legendary straight up with the gold that’s dropping from the PvE Champ trains.

/rage end

Star Player
[KEK]

in WvW

Posted by: TIFour.1076

TIFour.1076

If you live your life expecting consistency, I have some bad news for you…

in WvW

Radioactive.1248

I don’t expect consistency per se, but the level of inconsistency that has been plaguing WvW is getting out of hand. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but it needs to be better.

Star Player
[KEK]

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I don’t expect consistency per se, but the level of inconsistency that has been plaguing WvW is getting out of hand. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but it needs to be better.

You’re totally correct.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in WvW

Radioactive.1248

You’re totally correct.

I’m judging by the lack of posts that we’re the only two who feel this way.

Star Player
[KEK]

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

eh.. mixed feelings, i like soloing camps and chasing the occasional roamer but hate having only 3-5 people in the map when [ ____ ] decides to bring their 20 man group in to roll a few towers.

when pve sucks both of those things kinda disappear

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

I’ve never experienced WvW being so empty(read: dead) as it is right now, most people seem to be having their hands full farming the living story event into oblivion.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

what reason is there really for PvE focused players to come into WvW other than to do jumping puzzles for their gift of battle? Perhaps they don’t even have to anymore, they’ll just buy the legendary straight up with the gold that’s dropping from the PvE Champ trains.

Na, Anet already fixed that with their achievement point reward system. Too many PvE players complaining about being killed in the JP, so they say what are PvE players good at that we can give them badges for? Well, as long as you don’t waste time in WvW you will have tons of achievement points so lets give them 100 badges every 500 points, 200 badges every 1000 points, 300 badges every 2500 points, and 500 badges every 5000 points. That way they will never have to step into WvW, because everybody knows it takes 50 yrs to make 30 achievement points in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah.. i have to agree that LW consumes average WvW players (as oppose to hard core ones)..

each new each new LW content add new meta achievements with lots of achievement points, and people sensibly wouldn’t want to be left behind and missing too much content, so they abandon WvW for the sake of LW….

ANET may need to tone down the content updates a bit, make it every 2 months or so , instead of a major content update every month (followed by minor content updates 2 weeks after that)…..

that way people can do the LW content when they want, giving them ample time, while at the same time do WvW …..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

in WvW

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I don’t see the problem with it atm (I mostly do wvw) anyway with the meta the way it is atm and anet not doing any balance till pax is over we can atleast be happy we can farm lots of gold to alter builds and such when pax is over, also considering the fact that ascended weapons/armour is coming we should take the opportunitie to farm while we can.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

what reason is there really for PvE focused players to come into WvW other than to do jumping puzzles for their gift of battle? Perhaps they don’t even have to anymore, they’ll just buy the legendary straight up with the gold that’s dropping from the PvE Champ trains.

Na, Anet already fixed that with their achievement point reward system. Too many PvE players complaining about being killed in the JP, so they say what are PvE players good at that we can give them badges for? Well, as long as you don’t waste time in WvW you will have tons of achievement points so lets give them 100 badges every 500 points, 200 badges every 1000 points, 300 badges every 2500 points, and 500 badges every 5000 points. That way they will never have to step into WvW, because everybody knows it takes 50 yrs to make 30 achievement points in WvW.

Arena Net’s development model floats on the tears of the massive talentless MMO majority. It’s easier to get stupid people to buy things. As long as you keep those stupid people looking at you while they drool instead of someone else you’re good, and freely distributing shiny objects just for showing up is always a good way to sate their insatiable appetite for crap to inflate their unearned sense of accomplishment.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Radioactive.1248

I just fail to see why Living World can’t encompass WvW more frequently. ANet says its a part of the game, it just doesn’t feel that way. If you can force people to eat zhaitaffy, smash pinatas, go around to 30 zones doing hot air balloon things, why can’t you do a Living World that rewards people for:

1) staying within a radius of the commander tag
2) getting a certain number of kills without dying (force people to smarten up and not wear magic find in talentless zergs)
3) sell some shiny WvW skin or something for 800 gems that makes WvW more attractive for ANet’s profitability

Star Player
[KEK]

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I just fail to see why Living World can’t encompass WvW more frequently. ANet says its a part of the game, it just doesn’t feel that way. If you can force people to eat zhaitaffy, smash pinatas, go around to 30 zones doing hot air balloon things, why can’t you do a Living World that rewards people for:

1) staying within a radius of the commander tag
2) getting a certain number of kills without dying (force people to smarten up and not wear magic find in talentless zergs)
3) sell some shiny WvW skin or something for 800 gems that makes WvW more attractive for ANet’s profitability

2 of those 3 can be easily accomplished running in a zerg ball at a tier that you dominate the opposition numbers which would create more bandwagon server hoppers.

Remember these are MMO gamers, most don’t want challenges, especially the majority of the playerbase that are the casual gamers. They want easy action with minimal risks and fat lewts….

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

It’s not just Living Story that’s killing lower tier WvW (or in fact WvW in general) It’s also WvW itself, It has become stale, boring and repetitive.

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Maybe we should de-incentivize WvW so the pve world populations would remain more consistent instead of all of them going to WvW to zerg after they complete their living story. Then you would have your consistency.