Loading Bug/Invisible Weapons

in WvW

Posted by: RoyalCrysis.1065

RoyalCrysis.1065

Wanted to post here as well, just to help bring it to people attention/see if anyone else is experiencing this bug. If this is against the rules, please remove it mods.

Full post is here, please support it if you are having similar issues https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/WvW-Character-Displaying-Load-Bug/first#post6162075

The bug in question:

So for the past 2-3 weeks I have been getting this odd bug in wvw. After I have been playing in wvw for a few hours, things start to get werid. My characters weapons will disappear, I can no longer see NPCs (can see nameplates/names, but the physical model isn’t showing up) and teleporting to a waypoint results in a very long load scene (3 min+)
Happens to me fairly often, generally starting after 2 hours or so. Not every night, but close to it
Few notes. I often have a commander tag up when this happens, but have gotten it several times without having a tag up. (Likely happens at the same rate, I just happen to be tagged up most of the time). Others have reported the same thing, both fellow commanders, and other players. Not every single teleport results in a long loading screen, it seems to be random. Sometimes it is every time I use a waypoint, sometimes its every 2-3. Emergency way points seem to not have this issue, but it could just be lack of data on that subject.
Only way to fix this is to relog, which often isn’t an option with the queues in T1.
On rare cases the bug will go even further, and my character model will disappear, leaving only my nameplate. When this happens, I cannot jump. If I use a tonic like snowball form/quaggan I can see that model, but once I leave the form I cannot see my model. It also appears as if the model stays in game for my perspective (will include screenshot to help explain)
I’ll try to test it more tonight, see if it happens without being tagged up/what the consistency is, etc
Please make this a priority, really makes playing wvw for long periods frustrating
Screenshots of the full invisible/no jump bug “http://i.imgur.com/VGk6Wqs.jpg” “http://i.imgur.com/cam7x1Y.jpg”

Zoren – BG – GoF

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Yeh after a few hours I start not seeing weapons then I don’t see my character and sometimes waypoints take 2 minutes to load in whereas usually it’s 2 seconds.

It happens a lot on EBG but nowhere else for me. Basically everything you said is what happens to me too :/

I find the trigger to be usually a tonic or transformation with regards to my char model going away.

ps. I never command so it has nothing to do with tagging up i think

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I’ve noticed players and npcs turning invisible as well. I also see mob name plates and tower npcs all the time now and didn’t change any of the settings. Like there is a baby drake and I see the yellow name plate from far away but don’t see the mob till I’m up close. Also see ambient creature names such as rabbits. Sometimes when I push alt or ctrl (forget which) the NPC names are hidden again.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Zoren, it’s been happening randomly to me since a couple of patches ago. Starts with the load screen on port bug (2 min load time), then the npcs not rendering, then weapons…

Seems to happen after about two hours of heavy play.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Been having this issue as well, its basically like culling has come back. Sometimes I cant even see an enemy group, just their name tags. Lots of spells and effects are not rendering either making it extremely difficult to maneuver.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Sarika.3756

Xtd, when it gets bad, that’s exactly it – like the old culling problem. Always seems to start with the load screen delay, though.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Xtd, when it gets bad, that’s exactly it – like the old culling problem. Always seems to start with the load screen delay, though.

Yes the loading screen issue to, that one is very annoying, especially for commanders. Some are basically afraid to use waypoints now. Also the issue of random rooting, had this happen to me the other day…had to use the /dance emote to be able to move lol….could not even dodge or do anything.

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

I have a variation of this, maps taking forever to load in and I would dissappear my self. .. and terrible FPS in WvW.

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Sarika.3756

Maybe we should just call it “hard mode”…

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Been suffering the same thing as OP for a few weeks now, it’s extremely annoying, exact same symptoms, after 2 hours of play people start to not render there armor and appear as basic models, then usually my weps become invisible next, followed by my character becoming invis, at any point during these stages if I try to waypoint it will take 3+ mins, so its time to relog game to resest the problem, please fix asap.

in WvW

Sarika.3756

Bump because it’s getting worse.

in WvW

Vavume.8065

Just wanted to add, I only seem to be getting this bug in EB, the borders are fine, same for other people?

in WvW

X T D.6458

Just wanted to add, I only seem to be getting this bug in EB, the borders are fine, same for other people?

The rendering issues happen mainly in borderlands for me.

in WvW

Sarika.3756

It’s a bl issue for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Same issue here. I don’t even really want to port anywhere on a map cause I can just run back faster then wait for the long load screens.

I’ve had several times where NPC’s won’t load at all.

One I haven’t seen for some time is I used to have an issue where certain terrain (stairs, walls, buildings) wouldn’t load either. Try running around a map where you have to remember where all the obstacles are even though you can’t see them.

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Somewhat of a Necro since this was the first that came up when googling for it.

This bug is still very much alive, npc going invisible and loading taking ages are a mutual consistency in this bug, it seems to happen also only when the server is under a lot of stress (aka primetime blobs).

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Been having this issue as well, its basically like culling has come back. Sometimes I cant even see an enemy group, just their name tags. Lots of spells and effects are not rendering either making it extremely difficult to maneuver.

Same. I’m having issues seeing rev hammer and some aoes lately too. Even CoR is disappearing. Makes it tough when you can’t see stuff that can nearly 1 hit you. Had a couple instances where I’ve had a blob get really close before I could see more than like 3 of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

I’m also having this issue. It happens to me quite often after someone moa’s me or inflicts some other kind of transformation. When I come out of the moa (or lich / plague / etc.) my character is invis and I have a load screen bug.

Star Player
[KEK]

in WvW

Vavume.8065

Myself and many other people I know have this bug, It only happens to me if I’m on a map for 2 hours+, changing map will reset the problem, but it kinda sucks on reset night when there is less chance of the raid switching maps.

in WvW

Sarika.3756

You might try repairing the client. That sometimes fixes it.

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Bump, this bug is still consistently in the game just like the inconsistency in gameplay thanks to client sided position forwarding to server ¯\(~.~)

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

i keep hearing people get this but i have yet to get this bug, not once have i had it. is it a gpu driver bug or something? i mean like i am using a nvida card, could it be an amd thing?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Sarika.3756

No. I had a major issue with it, and I run nvidia

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

i keep hearing people get this but i have yet to get this bug, not once have i had it. is it a gpu driver bug or something? i mean like i am using a nvida card, could it be an amd thing?

Haha no. I do believe its animation related, buts its quite random and doesnt happen for everyone. You can attempt to trigger it by playing certain classes. Mesmer vs revenant fights have been my trigger a few times. I usually play engie and had never seen the bug up until a couple weeks ago. Start playing mesmer… see it twice in the first week. Go on to play engie and necro a bit, havent seen it since.

I think its something in the teleport skills that completely kitten up the engine, then the next time you waypoint it hangs (timeout is 180s if I remember correctly) and the visual bug is a fact.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Used to happen nearly every reset when action was heavy and of course there were queues to get back in. Happens less frequently now, but happened again last night after a huge fight at NC.

and i wasn’t the only one….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Vavume.8065

I can replicate this bug every single time I play by just staying on the same map for 2+ hours, after which time things start to disappear. Switching maps fixes it but that is not what I call a fix when you don’t want to switch map because there is a queue to get back to the map you are on.

in WvW

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

It’s an engine bug that will likely not be resolved.

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Sitting on the loading screens for quite sometime myself today. Finally just closed the game fully and gave up.