Lock a server THEN announce Season 3

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

I think if we have learned anything from Season 1 and now Season 2, its that people will use third party websites like Reddit to organize mass migrations to 3 primary servers to guarantee wins for Gold, Silver and Bronze. Maybe this is not as huge an issue for Gold League, but kitten if it isn’t a massive one for Silver

lets face it, the front loading has already determined the winners. Fort Aspenwood is going to win Silver (unless Yaks does, could be close) but we all know the entire Silver league is a competition between Yaks Bend and Fort Aspenwood, two servers that were front loaded 1 week before people got locked in.

These Seasons are a good idea on paper, but that are absolutely devastating for mid rank server WvW populations. Season 1 broke several of them, sending many of their guilds and players to already overpopulated tier 1 and 2 servers. Season 2 is doing it again just as many of these servers were finally recovering from the massive hemorrhaging of players caused by Season 1. if you need any evidence to just how buggered Silver league is right now, just observe all three tiers of it with the Green team hitting for well over 100k points after 2 days and the next place finishers more more the 50k to 100k behind.

All of this can be avoided if you don’t announce an upcoming season until AFTER the players are bound to their current server. Speaking just from Borlis Passes experience, many of our players went to Fort Aspenwood. And the reason? “Because that is where everyone else is going so we can win Silver League.” Sad thing is, its going to set FA up for a meteoric crash once all these bandwagoners start fighting Jade Quarry after the season is over.

Its bad for everyone. Except maybe Jade Quarry.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

(edited by Aeros.2046)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Hod got the huge influx to the server not YB. YB simply got their pve / militia back…. While I would love 2nd, 4th or 5th is more realistic (me being a Swiss style tourney noob)

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Away with your sensible solutions.. how would ANET be able to cream the gems sales if they lock the servers before they announce the season….. unless of course you think they put these things in game for our benefit :-()

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

I think if we have learned anything from Season 1 and now Season 2, its that people will use third party websites like Reddit to organize mass migrations to 3 primary servers to guarantee wins for Gold, Silver and Bronze. Maybe this is not as huge an issue for Gold League, but kitten if it isn’t a massive one for Silver

lets face it, the front loading has already determined the winners. Fort Aspenwood is going to win Silver (unless Yaks does, could be close) but we all know the entire Silver league is a competition between Yaks Bend and Fort Aspenwood, two servers that were front loaded 1 week before people got locked in.

These Seasons are a good idea on paper, but that are absolutely devastating for mid rank server WvW populations. Season 1 broke several of them, sending many of their guilds and players to already overpopulated tier 1 and 2 servers. Season 2 is doing it again just as many of these servers were finally recovering from the massive hemorrhaging of players caused by Season 1. if you need any evidence to just how buggered Silver league is right now, just observe all three tiers of it with the Green team hitting for well over 100k points after 2 days and the next place finishers more more the 50k to 100k behind.

All of this can be avoided if you don’t announce an upcoming season until AFTER the players are bound to their current server. Speaking just from Borlis Passes experience, many of our players went to Fort Aspenwood. And the reason? “Because that is where everyone else is going so we can win Silver League.” Sad thing is, its going to set FA up for a meteoric crash once all these bandwagoners start fighting Jade Quarry after the season is over.

Your facts about Jade Quarry are incorrect. We have not had bad queues since Saturday night. Two of our borderlands are completely unmanned, not a soul to be seen. Yet for some reason people love to say how stacked JQ is. JQ will definitely finish second in this first match up due to lack of coverage in EU/early NA. If JQ gets paired with SoS and BG next week, JQ will probably finish second again. Blackgate blacked out so guilds and pugs could transfer over, and now they have infinite queues and are stacked beyond belief. For this reason I agree that servers should be locked before seasons start to avoid this.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Won’t happen. Seasons are a way for ANET to encourage gem sales.

As to the person above me, I don’t understand why ANYONE would transfer to BG and T1 type queues. If a person really wants to win that bad, they could have transferred to FA for an easy win in silver. Why go to a server with huge queue times? Gold and silver get the same rewards.

in WvW

Aeros.2046

So people stacked even in Gold League too? Somehow I am not surprised.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: bonncrist.8061

bonncrist.8061

If you just transfer for winning the league, c’mon that’s just a secondary reason, come to tier 1 to experience best fights with lagfest! Each clash gives you 20-30 bags unless u die first Thrill is every where. 50 vs 50 clash! Bigger chance on getting precursors!

Yeah, seriously BG have new guilds that transferred but the big plus was the PvE guilds helping us because they also want the achievements on WvW. Our EBG queue is 100+ while other borderlands with 40+ max.

About the lock server issue, it won’t happen, GEMS = profit for Anet, that’s the only way we pay them.

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

I agree with locking of servers before leagues, though in the end what difference does it make? Servers that stacked before the Seasons, or Servers that stacked after. Staked servers bandwagon for a bit and then collapse. If people are stupid enough to stack and not have any competition they are welcome to it. Its boring as hell.

As for Yaks winning Silver? LOL. I am on YB, and I love YB as its one of the best casual communities in NA. But with only militia guilds and a few havocs left there is no chance of us getting 1st. HoD is stacked and has good amount of WvW guilds. FA is a T2 server and SBI/IOJ have better coverage. We can probably give ioj and sbi a good fight, but HoD and FA with coverage and all the queues will just roll. PvE players will leave as soon as they have their achievements. There are some people in the ktrains who are dreaming of t1 I am sure. But when they get taken apart by a zerg buster half their size they will go back to champ trains.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

From what I’ve seen, the people you know from BP coming to FA are completely irrelevant in terms of our incredibly steady and loyal WvW population. There is not going to be any spike or crash in FA’s WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: cortin.9174

cortin.9174

WvW seasons are nothing but a guaranteed way for Anet to make tons of money off people transferring servers. Don’t expect Anet to do anything to hinder their money making, even if it’s the right thing to do.

Just look at how there’s really no changes to WvW content, it’s not like they’ve added anything new or changed the Borderlands at all. It’s all the same gameplay from before the season started. But yet calling them “seasons” got people all rabid about transferring servers because people want the skins and want to be a winner winner chicken dinner. Got to hand it to Anet’s genius plans.

in WvW

Posted by: Ceres.4569

Ceres.4569

They should have at least locked down transfers immediately after announcing server price increases for certain ranks until the price change. Basically it was just giving anyone who planned to stack advance notice to do it before it became 2400 gems. I also think rather than change the prices the last week before s2 they should have done it 3-4 weeks in advance so servers that got the influx at least had a little time to work together/recruit. But that’s cutting out a lot of gem sales for a long period of time. People say SBI was the bandwagon for season 2 but a ton of the guilds that transferred were well before the tournament rules were set in place and HoD’s fallout will likely be far worse if they don’t do well against FA next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I’ve been on HoD since beta and even with our current coverage (think EB had 200ppl on que on reset night with all other borderlands hovering around 80 ppl que.) I would guess that we will be losing next week when we go against FA. I have seen our server do well against larger enemy zergs, but recently (since the transfers) I have seen HoD losing in zerg battles against lesser numbers. I could be wrong I know many of the larger WvW guilds on our server have been doing some training so we’ll see.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in WvW

Aeros.2046

HoD had 100 deep ques on reset night?! Good lord guys, and I am so very sorry. It sounds like your server community has been hijacked by Achievement Point Zombies. I can’t wait to see how they do against Borlis Pass. We’ll probably get rolled in the off hours, but lots of fat loot bags in the North America.

As for your impending match up with FA, well, I am also so very sorry. Unless the frontloading was by significant numbers of WvW guilds, its going to look like a scene from a zombie flick where the humans win. Just remember who your core community is when the bandwagoners get annoyed with being farmed and bandwagon someplace else.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

Yeah, BG was able to stuff 4+ guilds into their server last minute. They should roflstomped season 2 like how they did season 1. I’m surprised that there are people who can be easily fooled twice with the exact same trick..

(edited by jojojoon.8607)

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Not so much sure it’s about being fooled BG as there is nothing you can do to stop them from it. That ball is in Anet’s court and so far they don’t want to call a foul on any of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Anet makes money from the server transfers so this will never happen. Also, it is quite clear you know nothing about any of the servers you’ve mentioned.

in WvW

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

HOD we’re hungry sharks waiting for your loot!

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Yeah, BG was able to stuff 4+ guilds into their server last minute. They should roflstomped season 2 like how they did season 1. I’m surprised that there are people who can be easily fooled twice with the exact same trick..

NV (~20 people), NOVA (aka SUPR, used to be on BG before S1, ~30 people), who else?

I know you have an irrational blinding hatred against BG, but at least try to state facts

Instead of locking servers, make gem prices for transfers higher the week before tournament starts. That would dissuade a lot of last minute bandwagoners while still allowing legit transfers (moving with the guild but didn’t have gems and had to wait etc.) through

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: azureazure.5381

azureazure.5381

lol 4+ will you be so kind as to name them?
NV and SUPR were the only guild that transferred to help us out in the OCX and SEA time slots.

in WvW

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I am also unsure about the transfers – everyone, it seems, is on Gunnar’s Hold at the moment. They literally own everything across all maps between GH, Aurora Glade and Abbadon’s Mouth (though at peak times AM is pretty good about taking stuff back). Last Season all 5 of AG’s WvW guilds left, and it seems anyone else transferred this time.

in WvW

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Your point would have seemed far more valid if you knew anything about the servers you mentioned and didn’t make bullkitten up about them.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

If I hear one more time about how supposedly stacked my server is, I’m going to start slapping kittens. Maybe you need to look at the servers who are both beating us currently? Though, granted, they need to keep each others unmentionables in each others purses to do so, I guess

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

If I hear one more time about how supposedly stacked my server is, I’m going to start slapping kittens. Maybe you need to look at the servers who are both beating us currently? Though, granted, they need to keep each others unmentionables in each others purses to do so, I guess

The thing to point out is that JQ, TC and BG are all full servers. However, this does not truly mean that much. There is different levels of full I would say. I am not sure how Anet calculates what full and what is not with regards to a server. Number of off accounts, people logged in? But when servers are full and conduct a blackout so they drop to not being full anymore to squeeze more in than that server technically just got more accounts than other full servers.

So one server could have 15000 accounts and be full while another could have 10000 accounts and be full since there is a threshold of what constitutes being full. This is a huge margin. So when people say well you should be doing better because you are a full server, this cannot be entirely true since another server could have 1000s of more people because of doing blackouts and such.

That is why i figured that accounts were the determining factor when looking at a full server, but that does not seem to be the case. I wish it was since all full servers would technically be equal in number of accounts. Servers would not be able to squeeze more into them if that was the case.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Mind your own business, please. You’re wasting calories.

People who don’t want to play on your server will leave. Goodbye!

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Your facts about Jade Quarry are incorrect. We have not had bad queues since Saturday night. Two of our borderlands are completely unmanned, not a soul to be seen. Yet for some reason people love to say how stacked JQ is. JQ will definitely finish second in this first match up due to lack of coverage in EU/early NA. If JQ gets paired with SoS and BG next week, JQ will probably finish second again. Blackgate blacked out so guilds and pugs could transfer over, and now they have infinite queues and are stacked beyond belief. For this reason I agree that servers should be locked before seasons start to avoid this.

U might wanna check scores again. Tc is 2nd